z

Young Writers Society

Cuisine

56 Reviews

Reviews: 56
Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:19 am
hero says...

OK, so I'm starting up a storybook, and I'm not sure if it'll kick off or anything. This is, by the way, my first storybook, so yeah. This, by the way, is a comedic storybook, that doesn't quite make sense.

Quite simply, a group of humans work in a restaurant, but, as usual, there is a fantastic twist; they don't serve any ordinary customers, they serve the Deities themselves! And I'm not talking about any old gods of existing mythology, I'm talking about Deities that spring into being by those who worship a certain thing, the Deities that exist because if they didn't, where would the world be?

However, two things have gone magnificently wrong; Brisket, the god of inspectors, has declared the restaurant to be unsafe, insanitary, and dangerous due to the insanity of most of the staff, while Ashelos, the god of sunlight, has decided to overthrow the head deity, Deis, and is destroying the deities who refuse to follow him.

You must take on a role, either one of the kitchen staff or one of the Deities, either allied to Ashelos or Deis, either for or against the closing of the Restaurant. Have fun!

-Rules-

*Do not kill other characters without permission
*Keep it about PG-13, okay? Romance, yes, violence, duh, intensely graphic scenes, no.
*The standard maguffin, okay?
*If you want to back out, kill your character in the most imaginative way possible.

Charrie Sheet For Staff:

Spoiler! :
Name:

Appearance:

Picture (if you must):

Job In The Restaurant:

History (Why Are They In The Restaurant?):

Favorite Food:

Personality:

Alliance:

Sane?:

Other:

Charrie Sheet For Deities:

Spoiler! :
Name:

Form Taken On:

Picture (if you must):

Deity Of (Be Original):

Favorite Food:

History:

Personality:

Alliance:

Sane?:

Other:

E.G. (This one is mine, all mine I say!)

Name: Dave

Form Taken On: A slightly worried, 5'9" young man, about twenty-one or so, with shaggy, light brown hair and deeply shadowed gray eyes. Wears casual brown and gray clothing that hasn't been washed for decades. He hasn't shaved either, but doesn't have a beard as such. His nails are bitten to the point of raggedness.

Picture (if you must):

Deity Of (Be Original): Forgotten lines. Quite simply, if, anywhere in the world, someone forgets his or her lines, he will materialize and scream the line at them.

Favorite Food: A chicken tikka masala with extra lime pickle.

History: Dave used to be a human, until he did the worst thing a mortal can possibly do; save a deity from being hit by a car. Thus, he was given a mandatory reward of becoming a god; as a student in drama, with so many of his classmates forgetting their lines, he foolishly chose to become the god of forgotten lines. Bad idea. He is doomed to randomly appear at plays around the world, most of them in public schools, and shout the lines until he is hoarse. He gets sleep when he can.

Personality: Dave hates being a deity, mostly because he hasn't gotten a proper sleep in about three decades. He is twitchy at times, dozy at others, while he can get intensely annoyed should he be woken up from a quick nap for no reason.

Alliance: ... sigh... Deis (Ashelos sounds like one of the Conservatives he was really against). And the restaurant being kept open.

Sane?: Probably not; slightly unhinged at best.

Other: Up for love.
This guy is so evil you could put him in between two slices of bread and call him an evil sandwich.

Coming at you like a jetpack Shakespeare.

Hero's Reviews
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic53905.html

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:33 pm
fictionfanatic says...

This sounds really cool!

Name: Kori Duvall

Appearance: Kori has jet black hair and icy blue eyes. She wears a lot of eyeliner so her eyes really pop. Her skin is pale. She is average hsight but she is skinny even though she eats all the time

Picture (if you must): None

Job In The Restaurant: Sue Chef

History (Why Are They In The Restaurant?): Ever since Kori was little she loved to cook. She came to the restaurant at seventeen and has worked here ever since. She came to this restaurant because it was the only one who would take her at that time because every other restaurant turned her away because the way she looked.

Favorite Food: Pasta-you can do so much with it!

Personality: Kori is an outgoing person who isn't afraid to be herself or voice her opinion.

Alliance: Kitchen staff (would that be the Ashelos?)

Sane?: Yes

Other: None
Live, Love, Laugh

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:42 pm
Lauren2010 says...

This sounds fun.

Name: Schuyler

Form Taken On: An eccentric woman who is 5'6" with purple hair that ends around her waist. Her eyes are bright blue with silver specks in them. She always wears a short, trendy black skirt, a baggy grey t-shirt, and never wears shoes.

Picture (if you must):

Deity Of (Be Original): Rebellion. Like teenagers disobeying their parents, stealing pennies from the 'take a penny' plate used to make change, going against a dress code, etc.

Favorite Food: peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches

History: Schuyler's mother always told her stories about the gods and deities. She always dreamed of being one, but her mother told her she could never be one. Determined to prove her wrong, Schuyler sold her soul to Deis in exchange for becoming a deity.

Personality: Rebellious by nature, of course. She loves to laugh and pull jokes, to talk with people, and to do anything generally unexpected.

Alliance: Ashelos and keeping the restaurant open. Hey, rebellion is her thing.

Sane?: Nah, she's cracked. But it's hard to tell.

Other: Since she has sold her soul to Deis, being in favor of Ashelos will certainly prove difficult for her. But, as always, she will be determined to do what she wants.
Got YWS?

151 Reviews

Reviews: 151
Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:44 pm
Forestqueen808 says...

Name: Kendra Lewis

Appearance: She has dark brown hair and tan skin. She has bright green eyes and is thin and atheltic.

Job In The Restaurant: Waitress

History (Why Are They In The Restaurant?): Kendra is working to support herself, her brother, her sister, and her crippled father. She basically replaced her mom as soon as she died, and after her dad returned from the war to find his wife dead, he began drinking, and left Kendra to do the work.

Favorite Food: ANYTHING THAT HAS TO DO WITH POTATOES!!!

Personality: Kendra is a joker, even though she has a tough life, she can always make people smile. Basically, its a mask, but no one really notices. They just notice her advice and her smile.

(I'LL FINISH THIS LATER!!!)
Alliance:

Sane?:

Other:
Sorrow lasts through this night
I'll take this piece of you,
and hold for all eternity
For just one second I felt whole... as you flew right through me.

~Sorrow by Flyleaf

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:51 am
ScarlettFire says...

Save spot for Deity.

Edit: Porfile.

Name: Rune Cashile.

Form Taken On: Human, silvery-pale blue hair and sparkling amber eyes. She's tall thin and athletic but secretly strong, as secrets fuel her powers. (And a lot of people have secrets.)

Picture (if you must):
Spoiler! :

Deity Of (Be Original): Goddess Of Secrets. (hope that hasn't been taken...)

Favorite Food: Grapes, Strawberries and chocolate... Odd combo.

History: Rune was born of secrets and has been around for a very long time, taking on a different form every hundred to thousand years. Now she's in trouble. Ashelos is keeping secrets from the others...secrets only she knows but doesn't know.

Personality: Shy, quiet and kind. She's no where near evil enough for Ashelos. Rune can be cruel sometimes but that's rare. She tends to keep to herself a lot, but will help out a fellow Deity in trouble.

Alliance: Deis, I guess. (She's not evil enough for Ashelos.)

Sane?: Probably not.

Other: Rune has her own secret-she was never just a deity. When the first secret was made, she was the appointed, still human, secret keeper...and with secrets, comes power. Eventually she was granted immortality and dubbed 'Goddess of Secrets' by Deis.
Last edited by ScarlettFire on Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

1087 Reviews

Reviews: 1087
Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:23 am
Sins says...

I'll join 8)

Name: Josie Ferguson (Nickname: Fergie)

Appearance: Light blonde hair and light blue eyes. Fergie always wears a bow, whether it be in her hair, her top, her shoes, her jeans, her skirt.

Picture (if you must):
Spoiler! :

History (Why Are They In The Restaurant?): Fergie decided to work at the restaurant for her love of organizing food. Both of her parents have remarried and she currently lives with her mother. Her mother pays no attention to Fergie, only to Fergie's little brother and her new husband. Fergie suffers from anorexia, so it's rather strange that she works in a restaurant. Although, she loves her job.

Favorite Food: Fergie doesn't like food, she eats as little as she can. Although, she loves rearranging food and making it look pretty. Just not eating it.

Personality: Fergie is an extremely quirky character. She finds everything amazing. She even gets excited when someone says hi to her. She's rather eccentric really. But when she gets upset, she gets really upset. She'll literally have a breakdown.

Alliance: Kitchen staff

Sane?: Nope. Not at all. :wink:

Other: Fergie's favourite expressions are 'Wow' and 'Totally'.
I didn't know what to put here so I put this.

56 Reviews

Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:19 am
hero says...

((BTW, Ashelos is evil, just thought I'd put that out there.))
This guy is so evil you could put him in between two slices of bread and call him an evil sandwich.

Hero's Reviews

Reviews: 0
Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:47 am
Undertaker says...

Name: Kerrin (pronounced like Ker-rin) Henderson

Appearance: As in the picture...

Picture (if you must):
Spoiler! :

History (Why Are They In The Restaurant?): She is working to help pay off the bills from the hospital. Her mother is sick with some fatal disease, the doctors do not know what it is yet and her mother has no money (she spent it all on going to the doctors) and her father is dead. So now she is working to help her mom.

Favorite Food: Honey Dew Melon

Personality: She is very sweet, carefree and a people person. She is always smiling and saying hello to people. She is also good at giving advice and listening to people talk. She is also good with technology.

Alliance: The Kitchen Staff

Sane?: Sure, why not?

Other: Nope
"Show me a "first rate laugh"."

84 Reviews

Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:25 pm
iceprincess says...

This looks like fun! I'll post my profile later. :D

Spot for a Deity! =]
you'll never find another sweet little girl with sequined sea foam eyes
ocean lapping voice, smile coy as the brightest quiet span of sky
and you're all alone again tonight; not again, not again, not again.
and don't it feel alright, and don't it feel so nice? lovely.

84 Reviews

Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:27 pm
iceprincess says...

Name: Ericius Derwent

Form Taken On: A young and lean orange-haired man who is blind in one eye. Looks about eighteen, and is quite skinny. Walks around with a limp, and usually wears a blood-red trench-coat on top of a white button-down shirt.

Picture (if you must):
Spoiler! :

Deity Of (Be Original): Nightmares and retribution.

Favorite Food: Ratatouille and lasagna.

History: Ericius lived all his life in an orphanage, having no friends or family at all. Because he had excellent results in all of his exams, he was sent to study at a renowned preparatory school. He didn't talk to his fellow classmates much, and soon he became it, the one who the bullies picked on. He forced himself to ignore the teasing from all of his peers until the bullies started to beat him in front of all the boys and girls in his form. From then on, he had nightmares of the beatings every single time he closed his eyes. Distraught, scared and afraid, he locked himself in his room and forced himself to stay awake, while swearing revenge on the world that had abandoned him. He died from lack of sleep soon after.

The Deity of the afterlife pitied him, so he/she decided to grant poor Ericius a wish before he went to the afterlife. Ericus thought about all the things that he had endured, his injuries and scars, and replied that he wanted to become the Deity of nightmares, so that he could give them [the bullies] what they deserved. The Deity had no choice but grant that wish, for Deities have to stick to their promises, or else they will be punished by Deis. During his transformation to a Deity, he lost his right eye and broke his left leg for unknown reasons. He has walked with a limp ever since.

Personality: Ericius is very moody and melancholy. For a Deity of retribution, he is pretty calm and doesn't loses his cool often. Is very calculating and indifferent to others; he is also impeccably clean and hates when people are messy. He doesn't talk much, and he might rub people the wrong way, but he is actually a very kind and compassionate person.

Alliance: He's not very sure yet, but he definitely doesn't want the Restaurant closed --- it's the only place that cooks his ratatouille right, or he says.

Sane?: Yes he is.

Other: Ericius might be up for love, but it's his choice.
you'll never find another sweet little girl with sequined sea foam eyes
ocean lapping voice, smile coy as the brightest quiet span of sky
and you're all alone again tonight; not again, not again, not again.
and don't it feel alright, and don't it feel so nice? lovely.

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:16 am
Ladyofthedeathroses says...

Name: Catherine Rose *Cat*

Appearance:pale skin and dark midnight blue eyes and her hair is down past her waist with a naturally occuring red streak on the left side. She has a scar running along her left cheek bone. she is actually very beautiful but she doesn't think so and her curves are in all the right places. Has a smile that she shows rarely but when she does everyone is instantly happy. She loves dark clothes even on the hottest days. Wears a silver pentagram and an ankh.

Job In The Restaurant: Waitress/Helps with the cooking.
History (Why Are They In The Restaurant?): She needed a job and her parents and sister abandoned her when she was 5 she has been alone and has raised herself. She learned how to cook gradually and became extremely good at it.

Favorite Food: Escargo. *Yes snails*

Personality:She is a firm believer in freedom and free will. She is a very sweet and well mannered girl is very kind and understanding and brilliant, she is very well thought and sarcastic she isn't afraid to speak her mind she is also very sweet, funny, optimistic, sassy, bold, courageous, and a good listener. She can make friends with anyone or anything with in a few minutes. She can be childish at times . She has a very quick temper. She is very good at keeping her face a blank mask and her emotions in check. She has nerves of steel.

Alliance: Deis she doesn't want the Restaurant to be closed it's the only place she has to go besides home.

Sane?: She's a little off.

Other: She loves to sing and will often sing to herself. She has a photographic memory. She loves to write poems. She loves to draw and will often doodle on the notepad if the Deity is taking to long to order. She can play any instrument you set in front of her if you just give her 10 minutes. She can read people and how they feel and things that happened in their past.
"You are without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me."

212 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:02 pm
ScarlettFire says...

I think this is dead...

56 Reviews

Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:46 pm
hero says...

((No! I will begin it! In a few weeks... going to somewhere with very little Internet access. Actually, I forgot about this thread.))

Hero's Reviews

212 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:47 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Yep. It was dead. Put a start date in the main title so we know when it starts. This has been up since April... o.O

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:30 am
Pundit says...

*Oooooh! Fresh meat!*
*Sous chef, not sue chef*
Calls deity
hmmm... decisions, decisions.
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.
George Orwell

"It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves."
— William Shakespeare