z

Young Writers Society

What would happen if?

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Wed May 11, 2011 10:14 pm
LadyFreeWill says...

Lucas, The Code of Black

A/N: WARNING: CONTAINS REFERENCES TO SLASH (YAOI). SCROLL DOWN IMMEDIATELY IF YOU DON'T LIKE THAT. Also, the MC, Lucas, is enemies with Jasper Cheetah, Raven's husband in this story, but who doesn't appear. Also, these people are immortal, so the age thing isn't that weird.

Lucas hated reunions. Who the heck thought this up? Oh, yeah, Jamie did. Damn her -why did she always put together things like _reunions_?
Lucas knocked on the doors of the Lee mansion.
They swung open immediately and he found Raven grinning up at him. Having been traveling Below for the past twenty years, he was shocked to see 'little Raven bird' looking so old. She aged slower than a normal human being, but as she now looked to be in her late twenties, when she was nearing her forties(as opposed to the last time Lucas had seen her, when she was 18), the fact that Lucas's jaw slackened was competely justifiable.
"Luke!" Raven exclaimed happily. She threw her arms around him and pecked him on the cheek before stepping back, "Come on in! Everyone else is already here!"
The old gang all lounged in the spacey sitting room, and they greeted Lucas enthusiastically.
"You have to meet the children," Raven said. She called into the house, "Kids! Come down and meet someone!"
"Who now? I thought they were all here," Lucas heard someone complaining.
Five teenagers came into the room; two girls, and three boys.
Raven introduced them all (Deirdre, Sally and Nico, and Dakota and Jamie, who was named after his godmother).
Lucas had his eyes locked on Jamie Cheetah-Lee.
The boy could only be eighteen at most, but Lucas felt the warm tingling sensation that he used to have around Gabriella spread through his body.
Lucas smiled at them all, "Hey," He said as if nothing was singing was _want_ inside.
Jamie (the boy) had jet black hair -almost blue -like his mother. His hair was streaked with purple high lights (colored hair must be in fashion; Nico and Sal, clones of Solomon's, both had blue high lights, and Deirdre, daughter of Jasper Allen, had red) and unlike his father's emerald green eyes, he had glowing yellow.
The teenagers all said a few things before Nico and Dakota grabbed the other three and hauled them away to continue whatever they had all been doing before Raven had called them over.
Lucas felt disappointment wash over him and the teenagers left, and as he turned back to his friends, Gabriella caught his eye from where she sat on the couch.
Her look was so knowing that Lucas looked away quickly.
"So how're Nico and Jamie?" she asked.
Solomon snorted, "I still can't believe my clone -a person created from _my_ DNA, is with someone with Raven and Jasper's genes." He made a face at the thought.
And just like that, Lucas felt a familiar feeling of loss in the pit of his stomache.
Gabriella caught his eye again and tilted her head to the side.
"I thought you should know" She seemed to be saying.
Lucas looked down and sighed internally.
He had such a crappy life.

A/N: Heh, THAT took forever. Anyway, NEW QUESTION: What would happen if your character found out a beloved pen pal of theirs was really their WORST ENEMY?!?
Formerly TheScratchMan.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:05 pm
Kaywiia says...

Macee Raymond

I stared out at the park, waiting for her to arrive. After three years I was finally getting to meet my pen pal. The one person I could be myself to, and not have to worry about them selling me to a reporter or twisting my words.

I saw a somewhat familiar face walking towards me, "Are you my pen pal?" She asked. Then I recognized the voice.

"Maylee?" I asked, outraged.

"Macee? Like movie-star Maceee? Who took the lead role from me as Maria in senior year? You little bitch-"

"I'm, I'm so sorry, really. I didn't know it would turn out this way."

What would your character say to you if he or she was about to die?
Love is beautiful, but what would love be without life?

86 Reviews

Reviews: 86
Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:36 am
charcoalspacewolfman says...

Demetri from Terrace:
I looked down into my cup with a puzzled expression. "That tastes like rotten almonds."
Henry nodded sagely, "Yup, arsenic has a tendency to taste like that."
"Weird. Well, now I know, right?" My vision grew fuzzy and I felt warm. Too warm. Henry said something, but whatever it was was lost to infinite blackness.

What would your character do if he/she was sitting on a bus next to Michael Jackson?
He's a zombie, of course.
HMS Tragedy?! We should-we should have known!!!

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:53 am
Kelcia says...

Oh man. I want to say 'bust out into "Thriller"' So bad! But, seeing as this is not something any of my characters would do...

Allira: The Deaths

I looked at him. Is he really a zombie? Wow. What a tough nut. "You really didn't want to go, Huh, Michael?"

"No." Said Zombie Michael Jackson. "But, after 'Thriller', is this such a big surprise?"

"Nope," I said cheerfully. "But you're going to have to get in the bag now." I said, holding out my bag of souls.

He grumbled and fussed, but eventually I convinced him to come back into Death with me.

"You seriously need a break, man. Your nose is falling off."

He grabbed the offending nose and muttered something about plastic surgery, before putting one foot in the bag of souls.

"By the way..." I said, curiosity getting the better of me. "How'd you escape from Death?"

He looked at me, flashed me a decaying smile, and said, "I danced my way out of it. Ow!" And with that, moon-walked back into death.

I shook my head, closing the bag. You meet the craziest characters in my job.

What would your character do if they found themselves trapped in the Mummy's tomb?
Mutant Plot Bunnies

Is it just me, or are the plot bunnies taking advantage of my ADD?

OmnomnomRandomPlotDetourOmnomnom

Right.

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:57 am
Kelcia says...

Oh man. I want to say 'bust out into "Thriller"' So bad! But, seeing as this is not something any of my characters would do...

Allira: The Deaths

I looked at him. Is he really a zombie? Wow. What a tough nut. "You really didn't want to go, Huh, Michael?"

"No." Said Zombie Michael Jackson. "But, after 'Thriller', is this such a big surprise?"

"Nope," I said cheerfully. "But you're going to have to get in the bag now." I said, holding out my bag of souls.

He grumbled and fussed, but eventually I convinced him to come back into Death with me.

"You seriously need a break, man. Your nose is falling off."

He grabbed the offending nose and muttered something about plastic surgery, before putting one foot in the bag of souls.

"By the way..." I said, curiosity getting the better of me. "How'd you escape from Death?"

He looked at me, flashed me a decaying smile, and said, "I danced my way out of it. Ow!" And with that, moon-walked back into death.

I shook my head, closing the bag. You meet the craziest characters in my job.

What would your character do if they found themselves trapped in the Mummy's tomb?
Mutant Plot Bunnies

Is it just me, or are the plot bunnies taking advantage of my ADD?

OmnomnomRandomPlotDetourOmnomnom

Right.

Reviews: 4
Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:02 pm
kcglitter says...

Okay I love that you answered your own Q, but why put pore Michael in it what he ever do to you.

Nyleen: Mixed worlds

I sat on Keres’s tomb…I mean bed, its marble texture cold and hard. His tomb…I mean room door had closed and now refused to open. The grey wall made me feel miserable and the chains on the wall were no better.

“Prince…? Will we get out anytime soon?”

I asked and he stopped from his search under the wooden drawer. Looking up at me from the floor, his death pale skin having a shine to it and the black circles around his eyes didn’t look as dark.

“I thought I told you to call me Keres even if my father is the king of death, doesn’t mean I like to be the prince”

He continued his search and I sat kicking my feet, looking at the pink sneakers and black skinny jeans.

“Fine, be like that. Keres…when are we getting out of your tomb…I mean room?”

He got up, his spine cracking and a mummy-like moan arose from deep within his throat. His blue jeans full of grey dust and his white shirt a new brownish colour.

“My love I believe we’re stuck till my father gets home”

I sighed and walked to him and he pulls me closer.

“Do you really not mind that fact that I am dead Nyleen?”

I nod and he smiles

“I’m half cat, you being dead isn’t bad”

He smiles that sweat smile of his making me melt internally and we sit on the tomb…I mean bed and talk.

What would you MC do if they had to kill their true love or let their most loved family member be killed?
Love is strong, but there is more to life then to finding the love of your life...like...like...give me a minute...oh I got nothing, but there is...what was I talking about???

Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:04 pm
kcglitter says...

Okay I love that you answered your own Q, but why put pore Michael in it what he ever do to you.

I sat on Keres’s tomb…I mean bed, its marble texture cold and hard. His tomb…I mean room door had closed and now refused to open. The grey wall made me feel miserable and the chains on the wall were no better.

I asked and he stopped from his search under the wooden drawer. Looking up at me from the floor, his death pale skin having a shine to it and the black circles around his eyes didn’t look as dark.

“I thought I told you to call me Keres even if my father is the king of death, doesn’t mean I like to be the prince”

He continued his search and I sat kicking my feet, looking at the pink sneakers and black skinny jeans.

He got up, his spine cracking and a mummy-like moan arose from deep within his throat. His blue jeans full of grey dust and his white shirt a new brownish colour.

I nod and he smiles

He smiles that sweat smile of his making me melt internally and we sit on the tomb…I mean bed and talk.

What would you MC do if they had to kill their true love or let their most loved family member be killed?
Love is strong, but there is more to life then to finding the love of your life...like...like...give me a minute...oh I got nothing, but there is...what was I talking about???

Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:06 pm
kcglitter says...

I nod and he smiles

67 Reviews

Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:41 am
LadyFreeWill says...

Callisto Jane, 'Breaking Point' (I'm trying to post some of it on YWS, but my PC and YWS are both being crappy about it.)
-------

I stare at the crimson blood dripping off my claws, which are slowly turning back into normal hands.
Rivulet lies on the ground, a bloody hole through his chest.
I fall to my knees and gather him in my arms, letting out a sob, "Riv... oh... no, no... please. Oh God," I cry, "I'm so sorry Jonah... I love you... I didn't mean to..."
"Curiosity?" Novelty's timid voice comes from behind the closed door, "You okay?"
I choke out another strangled sob.
"I'm coming in!" Novelty says, her voice sounding alarmed.
"No!" I yell just as the door opens.
Novelty's eyes widen as she sees Rivulet' corpse and the blood covering almost everything around us.
"I'm so sorry," I whisper standing up.
"C-Curiosity, y-you killed him!" Novelty gasps, backing away.
"No!' I snap through my teeth, "You killed him!"
My hands transform into inhuman, demonic claws once more, "See? I gave the Devil my soul for you idiot kids and look at me now! LOOK!" I shout.
Novelty stares at me, terrified.
"I gave up my humanity for some luck! Just for you guys!" I hold out my hands -my claws, "And I'm sorry, Nov. It wasn't worth it." -tears stream down my cheeks, as well as hers - "I can't have you blabbing to the police. They'll kill me. So I'll have to kill you first." I take a step toward her.
Novelty looks around in despair. Suddenly, she seems to find use of her voice -that voice that is so sweet, that gave her her new name -Novelty. "COSTREL!" She screams, "MISCELLANEA!"
She races for the door, but I'm quicker. I lunge and drive my claws right through her chest and she's dead within moments.
Miscellanea and Costrel and running over to the room as I exit. They see the blood on my hands and all down my front, and they stop cold.
They should have run, because the next second I'm standing in a hall with two pre-teenage corpses.
Slowly, numbly, I go to the bathroom, fill the tub, and take a bath. When the police come to investigate reports of screaming in an hour or two, they will find the bodies of Rivulet, Novelty, Costrel, and Miscellanea, the love of my life and my adoptive family.

>>Yay! New QUESTION: What would your character do if they woke up one morning and found themselves handcuffed to a bed, completely NEKKID, and they had no idea how it happened? (inspired by Sherlock Holmes, the movie)
Formerly TheScratchMan.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:29 am
Pundit says...

*kinky. are they fuzzy?*
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.
George Orwell

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:57 pm
WrittenInStone says...

Jax -- Insanity and Restraint

He opened his eyes and stared up at the beige colored ceiling, before pulling up one of his hands so that he could itch his chin. His hand stopped at an inch from the corner of the bed, he swallowed, before he turned his head to the side and glared at the handcuff that held his wrist to the bed. A cool breeze escaped the window and he shuddered at the coolness to his bare thighs.
Bare thighs?
He glanced down and sucked in a quick breath. He was completely naked and handcuffed to the bed? What was going on? A shy giggle sounded from the bathroom. He turned his head and spotted her. Arose stood in the doorway, her brown hair falling into her eyes as she smiled.
"I thought we could have some fun..." she told him with another giggle.
Jax's mind raced, he wondered what her kind of fun was that is until his eyes trailed downward and saw the sheer fabric that covered her body. The fabric was see through, she may as well have been naked as well. He swallowed in shock.
"P-please ... I'm gay." he lied.
Arose just smiled.

(K, so that was a little weird, but i was running out of ideas.)

What would you're MC do if they were placed in an insane asylum , they were actually insane, and they decided to kill every nurse in the institute?
To fly away on gossamer wings, sheer as night's reflective glow, I would could I cradle child hecate to my breast.

|| Wisp. ||

67 Reviews

Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:48 pm
LadyFreeWill says...

Lacy, 'Montgomery Killers' (Not posted on YWS due to some weird, crappy glitches in the submitting thing)

Happy Nurse Cheryl is really getting on my nerves today.
She's cheerfully lecturing me on how I shouldn't try to set Trixie's hair on fire anymore, and I'm totally not listening.
I mean, we all have better things to do. I know I do.
Honestly, why the hell did Dad decide to send me to some weirdo 'Montgomery Institute For The Mentally Unstable'? It's not like I'm crazy. Sure, if I didn't *mean* to run at him with the kitchen knife, then it would make more sense as to why I am here.
I blink and focus my attention on Happy Nurse.
She's smiling at me and talking to me in this stupid voice -as if I'm a kid who doesn't know any better.
My fingers itch to reach over and strangle her fat neck, so I do.
It takes a few minutes for the stupid nurse to die, but she does eventually. I let go of her neck and she falls to the floor in a pile of Happy Nurse.
As I leave her office, I decide that Montgomery's could really use some new nurses, because the ones we have right now are super super *lame*.

New Question: What would happen if your MC and his/her archnemisis suddenly had a body switch?
Formerly TheScratchMan.

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:09 pm
SisterItaly says...

Gray - Dal Øy

Gray's eyes fluttered open and she let her muscles stretch out. What a night, there was no way she was drinking that much ever again. She forced herself off the bed and trudged towards the shabby bathroom. On her way, she passed the long mirror and stopped short. She turned and stood in front of the mirror, staring in shock and horror. Her hands shot up
to her chest as she began to breath at a panicked pace.

"Oh my Odin. Where are my boobs!?"

Her left hand caressed the beard that now occupied her once flawless face as a new wave of terror shot through her body. Just then, her groggy brother stumbled into the room and leaned against the door frame. She stared in horror at him as he yawned and opened his mouth to speak, just to be cut off.

"Oh my [bad word] Odin! Give me back my body!"

What would your character do if they got a gender swap?
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:41 pm
Loller65 says...

Thurber from Behind The Scenes

Thurber awoke in a dimly lit room. He swung his legs off of a cool metal operating table. He yawned lazily. He didn't know how he'd gotten here, but he bet it was one hell of a party. Last place he remembered being was, uh...Club Small! The club for midgets or others short stature. He'd gotten in because he was so well liked. He was too tall to get in normally. Those midgets just loved their insane parties. He went to scratch his chest when he discovered something quite horrifying.

He had breasts.

He extended his arms and folded them behind his back. He'd had fake boobs on for hours in Leading Ladies, this was nothing knew. Midgets loved practical jokes too. They just weren't any good at them. He continued to fidget with his back, searching, in vain, for the strap to undo these melons. There was none to be found.

Horrified, he bolted up and went to examine himself in a mirror nearby.

Oddly convenient place for a mirro- OH GOD THESE ARE REAL I GOT A SEX CHANGE

Thurber jumped back, admiring his slightly masculine feminine form. A thin smile stretched across his lips. Then, he chuckled ever so slightly.

"I'm not too bad lookin'..."

He did a few poses before a lightbulb went off in his head.

"Aw yeah. Now I don't have to waste money on a dating and dinners and limo and stuff to get me some."

He rubbed his hands together in anticipation before throwing on his now ill-fitting suit and heading back to his apartment for some alone time.

-x-

What would your character do if they found their residence to be filled with 4 feet of mayonaisse (on the inside, of course)?
"There are no absolute rules of conduct, either in peace or war. Everything depends on circumstances."

-Leon Trotsky-

189 Reviews

Reviews: 189
Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:31 am
vox nihili says...

"What the h*ll!"

My door is slowly opening outwards....covered in white STUFF. Pasty, shiny like yogurt, only it smells like...mayo... My god! As if being attacked three weeks ago wasn't enough, and having brain surgery wasn't enough, and going through an indictment for somehting I didn't do wasn't enough--now somebody filled my flat with mayo. I bet it's one of Howard's kin...I'm calling the police. I pull out my cell phone, and dial emergency. "Hello, yes, I'd like to report...I guess vandalism?"

Your character is at a birthday party when everyone else in the room freezes in place, staring, and won't answer when spoken to or poked. What does he do?

I would like to be the air that inhabits you for a moment only. I would like to be that unnoticed and that necessary.
— Margaret Atwood