z

Young Writers Society

What would happen if?

90 Reviews

Reviews: 90
Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:15 pm
freewritersavvy says...

Lavan~ from unrecognized story.

Does what has to be done, all the while feeling like dirt and wishing there was anyway out of his current predicament.

"I am sorry he has left me no choice." Lavan says lifting his hand to take his friends life energy thus giving his friend the most painless death possible.

The friend sighs, knowing that even if he wanted to fight back he would have no chance of beating Lavan. "Make it quick and do me a favor?"

"What?" Lavan asks.

"Take care of my wife?"

Lavan nods and pulls every last bit of energy from his best friend. His friend falls dead on the floor, with a quiet thud.

What would your MC do if your characters lover was poisoned, doomed to die a painful agonizing death with no hope of a cure?
http://www.isiseiyr.com
~When you do the common things in life in an uncommon way, you will command the attention of the world. ~ George Carver

Writing...they claim it is a dangerous occupation... 'they' have no idea!

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:24 pm
kjr5horses says...

Well I would use Than (from unrecognized book) but it seems that you killed him! (WHY? Why did you not wait until Season 4 Ep 5???) *sighs* But I will use him anyways...

~Than~

Mara looked up at Than, he would not let her go, but she was leaving him. The slith tree poison was coursing through her veins, it had been a week since Tearlach had injected the poison into her and now she was minutes away from her death.
Ruti had given her an elixir that numbed the antagonizing pain that she would have endured. Than looked down at his wife, he could not loose her not now. He could not raise their daughter alone, she needed her, he needed her!
Than ran his hand through her hair, Mara smiled weakly, "It will be alright...we will see each other again sooner then you think." He felt the life leave her, Than carefully closed her eyes tears streaming down his face.

Question- What would your main character do if he/she was being tortured for information on the whereabouts of their lover and his/her connections?
"Me I'm dishonest but a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly its the honest ones you have to watch out for because you can never tell when they are going to do something incredibly...stupid." ~Capt. Jack Sparrow

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:45 pm
WrittenInStone says...

Lena Vitroski ~ One last miracle

The pain was intense, it overtook her every sense, the wings on her back were tied tightly with rope to a pillar behind her. The man's emotionless face stared back at her as he gripped one a few of her feathers and pulled them tightly, removing them from her flesh. She screamed against the pain.

God had not meant for the angels to lose their wings, or he would have made them that way.

"Tell me, Ailena. Where exactly is your ... little friend?" he demanded of her, his face twisted in sick, masochistic pleasure.

"No!" she cried, before his hand lashed out and slapped her hard across the face.

The other man took hold of her wing and gripped as many feathers as he could and tore them out. She screamed in agony, her back arching against the wooden chair before finally she slumped, gasping for breath.

"Ready to speak, Ailena?" he asked her.

She looked up at him through heavy lidded eyes, "Never." and everything faded to black.

What would your MC do if he was forced to torture his/her very own parents to prove he was worthy to the 'evil' side?
To fly away on gossamer wings, sheer as night's reflective glow, I would could I cradle child hecate to my breast.

|| Wisp. ||

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:09 am
LadyFreeWill says...

[rubs hands together evilly:] Here we go. Solomon from the Code of Black.

"I will serve faithfully," He vowed, kneeling in front of Death's son.
Alexander peered down at his dopple ganger with cold eyes, "Prove it."
"However you wish, sir," Solomon replied.
"Torture your parents,"
Solomon's head snapped up and he stared up at the other man.
Then he bowed his head once more, "As you wish sir," He whispered.
-------

"AAARGH!! AHH!"
Solomon stepped back and watched his father slump to the ground, bloody and battered, on the brink of death.
He wiped his hands on a rag and threw it aside.
Thomas Solomon looked up at his son and with all the energy he could muster, he croaked, "...Why?"
Solomon's eyes met his fathers and the latter was chilled to the bone to see the cold, uncaring look in those pitch black irises.
"Father," He tutted, "You always said not to let anything get in the way of your goals. And I'm sad to say this," -he didn't look sad at all -"but you got in my way. Problems must be dealt with and eliminated in order to survive. That's just how it is."

>>>Eh, wierd story. Anyway, since we seem to be on a role with the torture your lovers, blah blah blah, I'm going to just add another one of those questions....
What would your character do if his/her archnemesis invited him/her to have a coffee or beer with them?
Formerly TheScratchMan.

178 Reviews

Reviews: 178
Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:09 pm
Paracosm says...

From Martins point of view, the main character of my vampire novel, Drowning in Thirst, which you can read in the fantasy novels forum!

Martin excepted the invitation, but only because he knew this would be his chance to end his curse! He made his way up the path, through woods shrouded in a blanket of mist forming off of the Locke. He never intended to eat any dinner, he wasn't even that hungry, he just needed to find his foe. Inhaling deeply Martin picked up on his enemies scent, he detected gunpowder, pressed duck, and a hint of cinnamon. Using his talent with free running, martin stealthily climbed the old roof of the cabin. His foe had the lights turned on bright, Martin pulled his hood over his head, then using his increased strength, he smashed the roof in and pounced upon the foe! "Martin! Your here! I guess you aren't hungry then? I made the Pressed duck just for you!" Luke said.
Martin stroked the bite mark on his neck, glaring at his foe. With one swift movement he removed a steak knife from the table and hurled it at his foe! The next the Martin knew, the knife was hurled back. The blade pierced his stomach, but well fed on blood, it did not bother him. Martin charged his enemy, throwing hooks and knees, jabs and elbows, his mind was on one thing, incapacitating him long enough to drink.
Martin felt his enemies foot sink into his gut, the blow knocked the wind out of him, "Ya bas!" He wheezed in pain. Martin saw Luke's eyes flash to his belt, a gun was holstered at his side! Martin was an adept, instead of a kinetic like Luke, so he was able to reach the weapon quicker. He shoved his foe back into the wall and took aim, but he wasn't quick enough, Luke blasted him with a powerful jolt of electricity, sending him flying backwards, Martin felt the base of his spine slam in to the edge of the table.
"Well Martin! Chalk this up to a win for me! You can put that one in you damned notebook!"
And with that, Luke fled.

Your character finds himself marooned on a desert island with Lindsey Lohan and Charlie Sheen, with only a TV that only has two channels! C-SPAN and Fox News Network!!!!
Last edited by Paracosm on Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Review unto others as you would have others review unto you.

Don't panic!

Also, Shino!

139 Reviews

Reviews: 139
Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:19 pm
paperbackheart says...

(not really enemies but they do hate each other)

~Mark from Monotony of War~

"WHAT?!"

A glass smashed against the wall. "What do you mean you want to have a beer with me?!" Mark was panting, face red and a knife clenched to his side. He knew this had to be a trick. "You're a fucking bastard and I wouldn't want to have a beer with a prick like you!"

The blonde leaning against the wall sighed. Daymion knew this was a long shot. "Listen, I know we haven't got along in the past-"

"Got that damn right. Now get out of my house before I stab you and claimed self defense," the brunnette interrupted, pointing to the door.

"Let me finish," Daymion hissed before continuing. "The only reason I was doing this is for Kioshi's sake."

"Why for him?" Mark asked, curious now.

"He said that since he's friends with Luke, I should get to know you," Daymion said, shruggng.

"Doesn't he know that we know each other and hate each other?" Mark asked.

"Yeah he does. I'm just saying what he told me." Daymion's blue eyes darted to the door and then back at Mark. "So what do you say?"

Mark grinned. "You're lying. What did he really say?" Five years of being apart did not whittle away what he knew about Daymion and he could see the look on his face.

Daymion swore under his breath but answered Mark obediantly, "He threatened to throw my computer into the river if I did not go out and have some fun. You're the only person I know here."

Mark grinned. "Kay. I'll tell Luke you came over to see me. Grab a beer and the computer's in the back."

Daymion smiled and nodded his head before sprinting to the back room. He needed to get back to Checkers. He knew he was getting better.

Mark grinned and loaded up his laptop. "So demonataitaliano, get ready to die."

(Tadaaa! I hope that was alright. Um my question is: what would happen if you and your favorite character were forced to compete together in a two man olympic game [make it up, I don't know] and it was against the two strongest, physically and mentally, characters?)
There are four basic food groups: milk chocolate, dark chocolate, white chocolate, and chocolate truffles. -Anonymous.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:15 am
Camulaeus says...

Elijah Derso, Ides of Hope

Damn, the guy has to be made of brick. Either that, or he had been injected with a Chrysler Tower filling portion of Steroids regularly since birth. He stood with his mammoth feet I swear cracking the ground I bet, and a pair of shoulders that challenged the sky. HIs ugly mug was contorted into a smile, brandishing his large yellow teeth and puny black little eyes. Maybe he was part rhino? His hands looked like XL baseball mitts on their own and compared to that, my chances of winning, no survival were rapidly fading.

With a crooked nose and similar smile, a woman stood behind the huge man. She was small compared to her partner, heck, an Elephant could look small next to that guy. She looked lean and spry, and had long obsidian hair encrusting her shoulders. Something about her gave me reason to fear her more than her companion.

"Don't let them psych you out Elijah, we got this" Heather whispered in my ear. I offered a weak smile and tried not to shake to badly.

" Ladies and Gentlemen, the highlight of our glorious Games is at long last here! The infamous Duel Duet! Two tag teams of a man and a woman, a Halfling and an Human, will now fight to the death for glorious victory!"

The Ringmaster's seven chins wobbled as he shouted, and his arm's still managed to touch his sides even with his hands raised. Around him, a throng of fanatical souls dying for bloodshed were shouting up a storm. IN a call to them, the massive man on the opposite team raised his hands and gave a roar.

"And now.....the moment the whole of Teldoa is watching....let the Duel begin!" The Ringmaster threw his hands down, and an assortment of weapons appeared in our hands. THe Huge man was berserk, whipping around a pair of battle axes like they were no more than toothpicks. I grasped the sword that had appeared in my hands and took a defensive stance.

Behind me, Heather had shifted into her Avian form, and I watched as a hawk zoomed past the raging giant and into the hair of the woman. She waited until the last second, then sprouted into a raven, and met Heather in a flurry of feathers. I had no time to watch however, as I was busy saving my skin from the razor sharp axe heads thirsting for it.

I danced around the seething colossus, barely dodging his strokes. Finally, I made an attempt to penetrate his arm with my blade, but had to quickly spin it around to catch and oncoming blow. The full power of his thrust shook me, and I collapsed onto the sandy ground. There was a flash of white as my head split on the hard rock, and then the sight of the man stalking towards me, an evil grin plastered to his face. I saw Fergus and Seal, and surprisingly Gwyneth as well. Maybe I should of given her a second chance, maybe there was still hope for her. Yet now it was too late, and my last thoughts as the axes heaved into my chest was off bitter regret.
With friends and courage one can stand against all foes, for neither man nor God can conquer those who are not alone

"109 in the sky but the pigs won't quit"

GLBT it doesn't matterone thing doesn't change who we are

67 Reviews

Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:38 pm
LadyFreeWill says...

Ah! You forgot to post the next question!!!
Formerly TheScratchMan.

Reviews: 4
Fri May 06, 2011 12:17 am
kcglitter says...

Since the one before you forgot the question I will supply it for them

What would you MC do if she/he had a secret identity and there true love found out about it?
Love is strong, but there is more to life then to finding the love of your life...like...like...give me a minute...oh I got nothing, but there is...what was I talking about???

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Fri May 06, 2011 12:08 pm
MilkNCookies says...

Blossom

"I can't believe this, Blossom!" Hissed Luke, storming across the room. Things shattered everywhere, whether he did it physically or mentally. Fire bloomed from his body, seething with rage.

"I couldn't tell you, you have to understand that." I replied, remaining perfectly calm on the bed.

"But a god?! A GOD?!" He replied, a mirror breaking in a shower of shards.

"But Luke-"

"But nothing!" He yelled as he jerked the door open and shoved it shut. The door knob was a discombobulated mess nothing now, as it had melted.

What if your main character was forced to live the life of a popular teenage girl?
"Fantasy is a way of looking through the wrong end of the telescope."

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

139 Reviews

Fri May 06, 2011 7:52 pm
paperbackheart says...

Luke~

"Look! I have so many friends..." Luke murmured, oblivious in his happy state. "I never had this many friends before." He looked over at Mark. "Poor him, he's all alone."

A girl distracted him and he was oblivious agian. "This is great, even if I needed a sex change to do this!" he yelled, oblivious to the strange looks he was getting. The looks were a combination of fear and disgust at the thought of a transvestite. That and his skirt went up. It really wasn't a good day for him.

What would happen if your character had to interview their idol?
There are four basic food groups: milk chocolate, dark chocolate, white chocolate, and chocolate truffles. -Anonymous.

67 Reviews

Sun May 08, 2011 10:59 pm
LadyFreeWill says...

Raven, the Code of Black

Raven gulped and opened her mouth. No words came. Her pen was poised to write, and she had a notebook on her lap and her freaking IDOL, Gabriella Black was sitting across from her, ready to be interviewed.
Raven opened her mouth once more and only a choked gurgle came out.
Darn.

>>> Short, whatever. Anyway, here's the new question: What would your character do if they walked in on their best friend and mortal enemy making out? (there's a fun one)
Formerly TheScratchMan.

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Sun May 08, 2011 11:09 pm
MilkNCookies says...

Blossom Complicated question, since her mortal enemy IS her best friend. I'll improvise, though.

The creaky door opened to see Both Luke and Olivia sitting on a bed, hands- and lips- intertwined. I stared, thought better of it, and left.

Then, I went outside and cut the power for the lights and the TV. Then put them on. Then off.

I smiled devilishly as I heard their screams.

What if you were on a deserted island with nothing but a papaya and a cup of prune juice?
"Fantasy is a way of looking through the wrong end of the telescope."

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

139 Reviews

Mon May 09, 2011 1:23 am
paperbackheart says...

Luna~

"This is so not funny," she said to herself, staring at the papaya and prune juice. She was sent to this island for a new survivor series her boss was filming and this is what she had. She turned to the forest and yelled, "This is SO NOT funny! I hope you know that when I get back to the States, I will kill you!"

She turned back to the food and sighed. "So how are you doing?" she asked the papaya as she took a swig of prune juice. She did value papaya after all.

Okay...what would your character do if they were forced to either kill their best friend or their lover...in the most painful way possible? And if they didn't both would be killed.

90 Reviews

Reviews: 90
Mon May 09, 2011 1:40 am
freewritersavvy says...

~Lavan~

Lavan looked between Than, his best friend, and Caiom, the love of his life.

"Make your choice." Karawan said seeing Lavan's hesitation.

Lavan knew that there was no way out. Karawan was healer. It was impossible to kill to him so attacking him was pointless. He also knew that Karawan would force him to watch both of the people he loved die if he did not make a choice. Lavan looked at the floor. "Let her go and I will kill him."

Karawan smiled, "So my daughter lives and my son dies. How very amusing." Karawan signaled for the guard holding Caiom to take her out of the room.

"Get on with it." Karawan looked at Lavan.

Lavan walked forward and looked into Than's eyes. "I am sorry."

Karawan smiled as his son, Than, screamed in agony.

What would your MC do if they fell in love with their worst enemies, son/daughter?
http://www.isiseiyr.com
~When you do the common things in life in an uncommon way, you will command the attention of the world. ~ George Carver

Writing...they claim it is a dangerous occupation... 'they' have no idea!

Put me in the fqluote generator. I say wise things.
— RigoTheHacker