z

Young Writers Society

Kunoichi (Ayumi and Emi)

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:51 am
View Likes
EmiSukotto16 says...

Emi didn't know how long she'd sat on the cliffside. She had so much on her mind; mainly the question of what she wanted to do with herself. She wanted to continue being an ambassador, she wanted to join the ANBU, and she missed being a regular ninja of the Leaf. What could she do? She'd thought about it hard; looking at every angle, and trying different strategies, but nothing came to her. If only there were a way for her to do all three, or two at least. She could probably stand not joining ANBU. She enjoyed her social life. If only Father were still alive. She could have asked him what she should do.

An angry growl pierced her thoughts as her stomach reminded her that she hadn't eaten in a while. Emi stood and leapt from the cliffside, free-falling for a few moments before landing and leaping of a jutting rock in the cliff face. She landed on the Hokage building and continued a leaping path toward the market part of the village.

"Emi!" A voice called from the street below when Emi landed for a moment on a rooftop. She stopped easily and turned to see Ayumi waving at her. She hopped off the roof and landed in front of her sibling.

"Hey, Ayumi. You heading to lunch?" Emi asked.

"That, and I was looking for you." The kunoichi responded.

"Well, now you have both. You found me and I myself was on my way to lunch." Emi smiled. "Care to join me?"

Ayumi nodded and they made their way to the famous Ichiraku Ramen shop. They took their seats and ordered and Emi leaned on the counter. She dropped her casual air and frowned at the countertop. "Hey, Ayumi. I need some advice."

Ayumi looked over at Emi. "Like what?"

Emi fiddle with one of her earrings. "I'm having trouble deciding where I want to go with my life. I love my ambassador job, but I really miss being on a team and running missions. Plus, there's the ANBU thing." She sighed and sat up. "I just can make sense of what I want, or what the best course will be." She smiled. "It's almost like I'm an Academy student, again. Learning the ropes and not knowing what the right thing to do is. I just need an outside opinion on my options."
Llama 1:"Shh! Do you hear that? That's the sound of forgiveness."
Llama 2:"That's the sound of people drowning, Carl!"
Llama 1:"That is what forgiveness sounds like; screaming and then silence."

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:28 pm
AyumiGosu17 says...

Ayumi chewed her lip, staring into the noodles before her. Hmm...that IS a predicament... But Emi needed help; what she could offer her, she wasn't quite sure, but she could at least do the best she can.

Ayumi looked at Emi. "Well, try a mixture. I wouldn't suggest ANBU at this point, but...maybe eventually. I would know; I was on it for about a year after you left, and I had to quit. It was too much to handle.

"But missions? Those are the best. Hell, put in a request for a Genin squad - despite the unattractiveness of it, it's really a lot of fun! I've had a blast with these I've been assigned to, until their sensei returns. And then, every now and then, you could probably leave them in a substitute's care - like me, for example - and go on an abassador trip.

"Just pace yourself," Ayumi shrugged. "Spend a little time here, and a little time there, until you figure out what you like best."

She sighed; she never was too good at giving at advice. Involuntarily, she snorted at herself, shaking her head. "I'm sorry... I just came up with...something."
"Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery." Timothy 4:14 KJV

28 Reviews

Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:55 pm
EmiSukotto16 says...

"No, that's a perfect idea." Emi said, looking at her sibling. "I hadn't thought about a Genin squad." She dipped her chopsticks in to her ramen and drew out some noodles. "I'll go talk to Iruka and the council about it later." Emi smirked. "This should be interesting."

After lunch, Ayumi accompanied Emi to the speak to the council, then to the Academy to find Iruka. They found him outside watching a group of Students running laps.

"A Squad?" Iruka asked, looking confused. "But you're an ambassador."

Emi leaned against the wall. "I know, but I can't do the job forever. I can't be the Village's only ambassador. We have a few others, but they only deal with the non-ninja communities. We need more than one Inter-Village ambassador. I can not only train Genin to be ninja, but I can start training future ambassadors."

"That's a good point." Iruka said, his face thoughtful. "Have you spoken to the council?"

Emi nodded. "They liked the idea of me training future ambassadors, but they don't want me out of the ambassador position just yet. I managed to persuade them with the promise that I would take care of the more major ambassadorial issues, and on those occasions, I'll have a sub take over. I don't plan to be out of the village for more than a week at a time, a month at most."

"Very well." Iruka said. "Graduation will be Friday. I'll have a team assigned to you by then."

"Thank you, Iruka." Emi said. Iruka nodded and walked off towards the students, blowing a whistle for them to stop. Emi turned to Ayumi. "That went better than I expected. Thanks for coming with me, and for the idea."

"No problem." Ayumi said.

"Why don't you get a squad?" Emi asked as the pair began walking away.

************************************************************************************************

I think we can use our imaginations a bit an create a mission to go on and some major baddies to fight, since not much happens from here to Shippuden. Whatcha think?

************************************************************************************************

164 Reviews

Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:02 pm
AyumiGosu17 says...

***Hmm. That sounds good. But about halfway to Shippuden (like, a year and a half after this post), I want to do my little idea with Ayumi and Itachi. I'll PM the rough draft to you in a second.***

Ayumi choked, stopping dead in her tracks. "Excuse me?"

"You heard me," Emi said, emphasizing. "Why don't you get a squad? You're so good with them."

Ayumi laughed sarcastically. "I'm not exactly the most popular Jounin among the council. 'I have a dangerous temper,' remember? They wouldn't want someone like me teaching Genins..."

"But..." Emi held up her forefingers, pointing at Ayumi, "maybe having a squad could teach you self control. And you're a brilliant ninja! Combining the anger management lessons through teaching students, and you teaching more ninja to adopt your skills? It's a mutual advantage!"

Ayumi stared at Emi. Great. What have I gotten myself into? She finally sighed and shook her head. "Fine. I'll give it a try."
"Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery." Timothy 4:14 KJV

28 Reviews

Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:16 pm
EmiSukotto16 says...

"Good!" Emi smiled. "Let's go catch Iruka before they get to the classroom. And don't worry about the council. I'll do the talking." Emi winked. The pair caught Iruka and asked him about it. He was skeptical at first, but Emi brought him around easily. "It's a great oppurtunity. Don't worry. We'll see you Friday."

"You'd better speak to the council about this." Iruka said.

"We will." Emi said, guiding the reluctant Ayumi off towards the Hokage's building.

The council took a little more work to persuade. They hadn't forgotten Ayumi's outburst from the other day. "She's to out of control for this kind of responsibility." One member said.

"It's surprising she's Jounin." Another mumbled. Ayumi stiffened at that and Emi shot her a look that said keep it cool.

"We don't need her influencing Genin. Her temper could spread to them."

Emi frowned. "ou act as if her anger is a disease. People are born with different temperments. Som fiery, and some less so. You can't spread anger or tempers. But you can hone them into a useful force and control them. This is an oppurtunity to tame Ayumi's temper and bring up fine ninja. Ayumi is a Jounin because she's a fine ninja. She has but one flaw, and that flaw can be turned into a talent and a powerful weapon."

The council was quiet for a moment. Emi held up her chin. "If this fails, I shall take all responsibility for it."

164 Reviews

Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:41 pm
AyumiGosu17 says...

Ayumi didn't realize that she had crossed her fingers behind her back. She waited, almost anxious, for the council to come to a decision. Say yes. Please say yes.

The men began their whispering again, paying the girls no mind. Ayumi felt Emi's hand touch her on the arm encouragingly; the brunette smiled briefly. This was taking too long; when would they decide?

Finally, after what seemed like forever, the men turned their gazes onto the two women. One of them cleared his throat. "Ayumi, it is the decision of the council..." a sigh, "to let you take a squad of Genin. But! At the first misstep, you're back to being a regular squad member, sent on the most minute and mundane missions possible. Understand?"

She beamed, nodding. "I understand. And I promise; I won't let you down."

28 Reviews

Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:09 pm
EmiSukotto16 says...

"We hope so." A councilman grumbled.

Emi and Ayumi bowed respectfully and exited the council room. "Well, now that that is done, we should probably start thinking about how we're going to handle our squads. We could probably ask Kakashi, or Asuma about it." Emi chuckled. "They're going to get a kick out of this, I know it."

"I'm actually a little excited." Ayumi admitted.

"It'll be fun. To think, we're training the next generation. Some may even become Hokage." Emi said. She shook her head. "I'm curious to know what kind of Genin will be on my squad."

164 Reviews

Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:56 am
AyumiGosu17 says...

Ayumi laughed. She just hoped she didn't end up with whiny brats. At least give her someone with a bit of spunk and adventure in them! But that shouldn't matter; she'd turn them into warriors all the same.

But still... "As long as they're not the whiniest brats on the continent, I'm fine with anyone."

Emi shuddered at that thought; Ayumi assumed she agreed with her, and laughed.

28 Reviews

Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:19 am
EmiSukotto16 says...

Friday morning was upon them in no time. Emi had her first test for the Genin all set up. Nothing more than a simple test of their strengths and weaknesses. Asuma and Kurenai had given her a few tips.

Dressed in her usual black tank, black skinny jeans, and black flat-soled boots, she put on her weapon pouch and her necessities' pouch (both black to match her uniform) and tied her forehead protector loosely around her neck. She commonly wore all black. It boosted stealth, and it was her favorite color. She even painted her nails black and had black crescent ear hoops. She didn't care much about style, though.

Emi took a look around her apartment. It was decorated with various objects from the villages and lands she'd visited. Pictures of friends from across the continent, trinkets, and gifts. Her furniture was black, as were many of her belongings. She was known for her fondness of the color.

Emi stopped in her kitchen on her way out, and grabbed a soda from the fridge. She walked casually toward the Academy, sipping on the drink as she went.

164 Reviews

Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:35 am
AyumiGosu17 says...

Ayumi stretched, lounging on a treelimb high above the Academy's courtyard. As usual, she had been up at dawn and out by six-thirty. She was dressed in her Jounin uniform, assigned to her as soon as she had received the rank. She actually didn't mind the ugly green thing; it was comfortable, protective, camoflauge, and could hold everything she needed...ninja food pills, a miniature medical kit, her weapons and scrolls...

She had been lounging there for a while, just pondering. Kakashi's words played through her memory again and again...

"You need to know their strengths and weaknesses, and build off that. The better you know your Genin, the more successful their training will be."

There was so much truth in that. And she would do just that. She had an idea of what she was going to do with them, but the details were still sketchy. She knew she wanted to test them in the three jutsus - tai, nin, and gen - and then classify them. After that... Ah, hell. Why not take them to the obstacle course? It would help with teamwork...probably...

28 Reviews

Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:59 am
EmiSukotto16 says...

Emi arrived in the courtyard and glanced around. She spotted a trash can and tossed her empty drink can into it and looked around the courtyard. She noticed an abnormal lump in on tree and focused on it, making out the shape of Ayumi.

Emi raised a hand in greeting. "Hey, Ayumi!" Ayumi looked over at her, then swung down from her perch. "You ready for this?"

Ayumi nodded. "Mostly."

"Ayumi! Emi!" Iruka called. They turned as he approached. "Here are the students that will be on your squads." He handed them a pair of files. Emi opened hers and scanned the profiles there.

"Interesting." She said as she read each one. "This is a very balanced team."

"That's how we group the students; by balancing strengths." Iruka explained.

Emi nodded, then looked at Ayumi. "What about yours?"

164 Reviews

Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:11 am
AyumiGosu17 says...

Ayumi didn't hear her. She was too busy studying and memorizing each sheet. Oh, fun, was all she could think as she put the last page back in the file.

"Hello? How's your team look?" Emi asked, snapping her fingers in front of Ayumi's nose.

"Oh," she said, attention returning to the real world. "Amusing, if anything else. Apparently, I have three different types of clowns, all of them with curious fetishes and jutsu styles." She couldn't help but snicker. She was looking forward to meeting these kids... She could picture them now, miniature versions of Emi, Kakashi, and Iruka...

"When do we meet them?" Emi asked.

"Right now. Tell me where, and I'll send them to you," Iruka said, shrugging slightly.

Ayumi nodded. "The obstacle courses, for mine, if you please."

28 Reviews

Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:20 am
EmiSukotto16 says...

"Training Ground B, for me. I want them there at four this afternoon, and they're advised not to eat before coming." Emi said.

Iruka gave her a look, but nodded. "Very well." Iruka nodded. "I'll send them there."

"Thanks again, Iruka." Emi said. She turned to Ayumi. "Good luck."

"Thanks." Ayumi said, glancing back at her file.

Emi leapt off, traveling through the trees towards the training ground. She arrived there in no time. The area was heavily forested with a few glades cleared for posts and training dummies. She surveyed the area, running over her plan. She'd gotten the idea from Kakashi. She pulled two bells from her pocket and looked at them given them a light jingle. This should be fun. Emi smiled.
Last edited by EmiSukotto16 on Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

164 Reviews

Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:14 pm
AyumiGosu17 says...

***You're training them at night? :? Sorry if I don't post much today; we're doing some forest work.***

Ayumi watched Emi leave, then smiled at Iruka. "Thanks for this, bro."

He laughed, reaching up and scratching the back of his head. "No problem. But...let me give you some advice." He didn't wait for her to answer. "They're just kids, right out of the academy. You have to treat them like they know nothing, because nine times out of ten, they don't know anything. Be patient and compassionate. Especially with that one." He tapped the girl's file, then turned and left. He returned to the Academy; probably to do some of his teacher duties...

And Ayumi had to do hers, now. She leapt from the courtyard, heading over to where the obstacle courses were. How she had hated them as a Genin... The A-frame, the high wall, the balance beam, the reverse climb, the high fence... She remembered how she struggled over them and through them, bruising herself up in the process. But she had learned to appreciate the lessons it provided - the teamwork, the evasion, the cross-country skills, the endurance. She expected the same result for these kids, through time.

Ayumi sat in the upper limbs again, watching over the entrance; there was a portapotty and a water tank, plus some shade over a couple bleachers. Just in case they needed a break. All she could do now was wait; she pulled out the files and reviewed them.

28 Reviews

Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:01 pm
EmiSukotto16 says...

***I was trying to figure out a good time, but I changed it to the afternoon, instead. I have it so that they must get them from me by nightfall, now.***

Emi looked over the files again. There was a detailed report on each of the Genin.

The first report was on Naoko Hitsumaji, a kunoichi. She had low grades in taijutsu and genjutsu, though her ninjutsu scores were fairly high. She had nice scores in weaponry and chakra control. Her academic grades were pretty high.

The second belonged to Jirou Katamashi. He had high academic grades, but his ninjutsu and taijutsu grades were average. His chakra control scores were in the upper average scores, and his weaponry was average. However, his genjutsu scores were high, but his chakra control had hindered him.

Last was Akio Kirotaka. Average scores in all fields except taijutsu and weaponry, which were a little above average. His academic grades were low with notes on his "inability to focus".

Emi leaned against a tree as she read the notes on each student. Naoko had poor close combat skills, Jirou had chakra control problems, and Akio had a short-attention span. Emi would need to fix these problems in order for any skill to come from the Genin.

“Isn't it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?”
— L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables