z

Young Writers Society

In Which A Stupid Dragon Comes Into Town...

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:56 am
View Likes
Snoink says...

Make it up! Storybooks, unlike RPGs, mean that we do each a section (the larger, the better) of the story. For instance, this is one storybook: http://www.ver2.biz/snoink/cgi-bin/foru ... 100991,s=0

You don't have to join it, but it's an example of what storybooks could be.

I shall post soon! But it looks like this storybook is going to be fun!
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:06 am
View Likes
zelithon says...

thanks! oh and I loved those in which dragon books
Blake

After eating a nice well done eagle I started the trek to the dragon's cave. I was about halfway there when I noticed a girl about three years younger than I heading in the same direction. "who are you?" I asked.
"my names Mandy ugh Princess Mandy I hate being a princess"
"I thought the princess was kidnapped?"
"she was" Many sighed, " and now I need to rescue her, she is my sister"
"hm really well then" I shoved her hard so she fell, "too bad I am gonna rescue her! weather you like it or not! Muahhahaha!"
She looked really mad so I started running towards the cave.

Then I woke up to find myself... I had no idea where I was.
Weird Dream.
Last edited by zelithon on Tue Nov 29, 2005 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Adults are just obsolete children, and to hell with them!
-Dr.Suess

Deadpanners are backtalkers!

badonkadonk
Atheism is a non phophet organisation

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:10 am
View Likes
Areida says...

I don't know what the rules are for this storybook, but in every RPG I've ever done, you're not allowed to dictate other characters' actions or dialogue to any great extent. Sorry zel, but Mandy hasn't even managed to sneak out of the palace yet.

*Mandy*

I was minding my own business, skipping amidst some pink roses, when that snobby guard, Stewart, came to fetch me.

He bowed low, like he always did, and then looked down at me like I was a piece of dragon dung. "Your highness," he began in that stuffy voice of his. "I have been commanded by your most illustrious father to order you to cease your frolicking and join him in the reception hall. You have guests."

I wrinkled up my nose. "Tell him I say no thanks." Then I scampered off, laughing. Stewart would never catch me; he was far too dignified to run. I reached the wall furthest from the palace and plopped down next to it, cradling my head in my hands. I had to get out of here.
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Fri Nov 18, 2005 5:10 am
View Likes
Snoink says...

In this storybook, upstages are welcomed. :) It forces you to add conflict and create more interesting scenarios. It's fun. Of course, that usually means that the more experienced a writer you are, the more you dominate the story, but then that forces the other writers to get better. And for the writers that don't know grammar... XD

*Muncy*

It wasn't too long of a trip as the crow flies, but it was much shorter as the dragon flies.

Except she was struggling.

"Get off of me!" she yelled, kicking and screaming within my tight talon grip. I tried to hold her in, but I have a confession to make. I am ticklish. To be more specific, I am ticklish right where my talons are. I screamed (it sounded like it was in pain, but I assure you, it was because of the ticklish sensations running through my body, talon up) and dropped her.

In a thicket of large thorns.

She groaned. I stared at her, hovering above. If I got her, my nose would be scratched up. "ARE YOU ALIVE?" I said to her. (Dragons can never be quiet.)

She was groaning more, and cursing like I wouldn't believe. "Help me out!"

I circled around her once and then gave up. After all, she did have a sister...
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Fri Nov 18, 2005 5:38 am
View Likes
Griffinkeeper says...

~Saden Sal'ar~

Despite the King's assurances, Princess Amanda was not in the meeting hall.
"I'm leaving. I'll be back with the Princess by nightfall," I growled. If I stayed one more second in that cramped hall, I'd kill someone. I spread my wings and left. I went up very high to really stretch my wings. I saw movement in the bramble of thorns. It was dinner time!

I swooped down into a high speed dive.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:11 pm
View Likes
Crysi says...

Name: Myra
Eye color: Dark gray
Hair: Black, shoulder-length
Personality: Sassy
Strength: Standing up for herself
Weakness: Cute boys xD

Bio:

After getting in trouble many times with the guards, Myra is sentenced to be the Dragon Keeper's apprentice. Unfortunately, it's not as grand as it sounds, since most dragons roam freely about the country and don't listen to anyone but the true Keeper. Even then, they tend to ignore direct instructions and just go about their mischief elsewhere.

The Keeper has left town on urgent business, leaving Myra to settle any disputes between dragon and kingdom. Oh boy, this should be interesting...
Love and Light

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:18 pm
View Likes
Areida says...

*Mandy*

I'd been sitting by the wall for a few hours before the sun went down. With a hasty glance around the garden, I decided it would probably be safe for me to venture back to the palace and fetch a cloak. I made it back to my room unnoticed and put on my warmest cloak, a really great green woolen one with a fur collar. Smiling happily, I managed to climb down most of the wall outside my balcony before I fell the remaining three feet to the ground.

Normally I would have pouted about the pain in my rear and the arm I'd fallen on, but I was so excited I almost forgot about it entirely. I was almost free!

I crept back through the garden, searching for a good place to try and scale the tall brick walls that separated my world from the outside world. After a mere twenty minutes of searching, I encountered a small hole near the base of the wall. Checking once more for any guards that could be passing, I kicked at it until the hole was big enough for me to crawl through. I got down on all fours and stuck my head through the hole, savoring the sweet smell of liberty. Then I pulled my shoulders and torso through until--

I groaned. My hips were stuck. Well, that was just peachy. I always knew my hips were going to get me in real trouble someday, and here it was. My mother often said that I fell because my hips threw me off-balance. I always figured I fell because my feet were big.

I struggled forward again to no avail. I sighed. They were going to find me here in the morning, my top half tasting freedom and my bottom half still in captivity. I looked up and found (to my surprise) that there was a large apple tree only a few yards from the gate. My determination tripled. I really wanted one of those apples.

I wiggled back and forth for a bit, hoping to loosen some of the bricks, and then, steeling my resolve, gave a mighty shove and popped out from the wall.

I checked to make sure my legs and hips were all right, then walked right up to that apple tree and plucked a ripe, round apple from one of the lower branches. I took a great big bite and sighed in contentment as the juice squirted all over my face. It tasted like freedom.
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:18 pm
View Likes
Crysi says...

"How DARE the Keeper leave me in charge!" I scream, startling a few cooks on their way to wash the pans. "Not even the humans listen to me, so why should the dragons?"

Honestly. I've only been in the Keeper's charge for a few months, and she expects me to know everything! She didn't even let me get to train with her dragon, the one tame beast in the land, and yet now she wants me to control the wild ones?

I plop down on a bale of hay. A rustling sound behind me distracts me, and I see a maid and a serving boy nervously glance at me and run away, hay still caught in their hair and clothes. I mutter to myself. The boy wasn't all that good-looking anyway.
Love and Light

241 Reviews

Tue Nov 29, 2005 4:16 am
View Likes
zelithon says...

Blake

I realized I did not know where I was because my eyes were closed. I opened them. Ouch! I tripped, had clunked my head on a rock and passed out. A few yards away I saw some brambles. Had I not seen the hand I would have limped away. I glanced around. Hey a hawk? It was feathered like one. Bigger? It was too far away to tell. But if it was one it was crazy!

It was diving strait towards the hand and, I grinned, me! I looked around. I remembered my bow and arrows. yep still on my back. They were fitted with feathers from my previous victims. Muhahaahaha!
Lunch time!
I fired.

Could I have two characters?
-Dr.Suess

badonkadonk

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:37 am
View Likes
Surfergirl says...

Name: Gabby
Eye color: green
Skin color: pale with freckls
Personality: passive untill angered and then oh so aggresive
Favorite food: pomagranet
Pasttimes: tree climbing and book reading
height: 5ft 9
hair: red

Bio: A knights daughter who wants to be a dragon keeper but her parents want her to be a knight. Likes pigs.
Oink.

863 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:19 am
View Likes
Griffinkeeper says...

~Saden Sal'ar~

The arrow missed me by inches as I descended rapidly. I followed it to the man with the bow. Boy did he just make a big mistake. I brought my wings in and dropped like a stone.

During the Gryphon Wars with the elves, the tactic I used was used as a feign, when the elves would come to retrieve their arrows, they would suddenly find a quite healthy gryphon.

At the last possible moment, I brought out my wings to their full length and flared. This killed most of my momentum. During the wars, the momentum left would have been enough to crush an elf. This time though, I was a defender. A second arrow was fired, but it went through one of the feathers as I landed on the man and brought him to the ground.

I caught sight of something in my peripheral vision. A hand amongst the brambles. I looked at the man now with renewed anger. I hit him hard in a critical location, ensuring that he would not get up, perhaps ending his procreative endeavors, but that did not particularly concern me. I hacked through the brambles to the person.

863 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:52 am
View Likes
Griffinkeeper says...

(Go ahead and create a second character, but use them. Also, don't expect Blake to be very well treated. He just made a gryphon mad.)

241 Reviews

Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:13 am
View Likes
zelithon says...

I hoped you would get mad and dodge.

Blake

OW!
My wickedness that hurt! How was I supposed to know it was a griffin anyway? I was so scared I almost relieved myself. Griffins are now officially on my least favorite animals list. Dumb animals tend to land on that list. Griffins are the most stupid! I was too hurt and dazed to get up for awhile; he had hit some VERY tender areas. When I finally did he was glaring at me by a body that I supposed owned the hand. It was a limp girl. Princess most likely.
-Dr.Suess

badonkadonk

863 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Dec 04, 2005 12:53 am
View Likes
Griffinkeeper says...

~Saden Sal'ar~

I whistled to the birds to cover me. They watched the man as I cut through the brambles. The Princess was in a bad shape, she had broken arms and legs, with numerous cuts and bruises. I went into a healing trance and started to use some of the healing magics I knew. Suddenly, there was a noise as several birds began attacking the man, who had gotten up. Small songbirds to large eagles were diving in on this man with a desperate urgency. All the birds on him made him seem like one himself.

241 Reviews

Sun Dec 04, 2005 3:36 am
View Likes
zelithon says...

Before I could do anything else birds attacked me. Including eagles. I had once seen someone's finger bit off by a eagle. I beat wildly at them with one arm and covered my face with another. How can someone be trained to fend off a hoard of birds? I had no idea what to do. I was bleeding from too many places. I was in agony. I looked up briefly to see the griffin over the girl. By now my ears were pierced so many times be the birds that I could never hope to find enough earrings for one ear. They must have looked like Swiss cheese. By luck one of my flailing arms caught a hawk. Who knew something so tasty could be so painful? Ow. Suddenly I saw a filthy creek and remembered what you were supposed to do with bees. Filthy or birds? Filthy. I ran for it and jumped. SPLASH! Eww. Sweet relief nonetheless. Only one small bluebird hung diligently to my ear. Had to admire that kind of determination. I squeezed it's head to get the beak off and tossed it away. I felt a small tug on my sleeve I looked over through the grossly warm murky water and saw a penguin! It began pecking me. I kicked it but it came back. Ducks came too and a swan. Oh well I thought better only some ducks, a swan and a penguin than that flock out there. I kicked and hit them hard though. Then something happened I hadn't counted on but should have. I ran out of breath. I looked around for reeds to use as a snorkel but saw none. I gulped and swam towards the surface.
-Dr.Suess

badonkadonk

"If fortis was here, we could have a teal party"
— Pompadour