z

Young Writers Society

Lakeview High

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:14 pm
Chupatoasta says...

**Haha. I was listening to Taylor Swift's You Belong With Me and I about died when I thought about this story at the exact same time**

"Jayke! Stop it!" A fourteen year old Brooklyn screamed in laughter as her best friend tickled her on her bare, bedroom floor. Everything had already been moved out and loading into a huge moving truck. Taylor and her boyfriend, Travis, or something like that, were sitting in the corner, laughing hysterically at Jayke and Brooklyn's antics.

Once Jayke finally got off Brooklyn and stopped tickling her Taylor and Travis plopped down in front of them. "Okay Brooklyn there was something you wanted to tell us all, right?" Taylor grinned, before blushing when Travis laid his arm across her shoulders.

"Oh! Oh yeah! I wanted to make you all promise me something." She had all there attention now. "Promise me that you guys will stay together as best friends while I'm gone. And promise me, that when I get back, you'll help my un-clique the school. You know, disarray it so football and cheerleading isn't the best thing in the world." Her three friends grinned as she held her hand out, smiling.

"I promise," Jayke laughed, staring into Brooklyn's eyes.

"I promise," Taylor giggled, laying her hand atop Jayke's whose was laying on Brooklyn's.

"I'm probably going to regret this in the future, but I promise." Travis rolled his eyes with a smile, laying his hand on Taylor's gently.

"Then it's a promise. Our senior year, we're bringing change to Lakeview High."

Brooklyn stirred in her sleep, reaching for Jayke's hand. She found it and squeezed, still asleep. "Don't forget," she yawned in her sleep, "our promise."

**Haha, I was thinking about Taylor only drifting away from Jayke and Travis after Travis broke up with her in freshman year and started dating Cheslar**
Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:37 am
TNCowgirl says...

***It's Trent. :P ***

Trent glanced at Jayke and their eyes met.

"The promise." They both said at the same time as Brook rolled over still asleep.

"We're a bunch of liars." Jayke sighed as they walked down the stairs. "I can't believe I forgot that. I became one of the things we wanted to get rid of."

"I'm no better." Trent shook his head. "We were doing fine til me and Tay broke up."

"Why did y'all break up? You never told me." Jayke said looking at him.

"I don't really know. One day we just......decided to call it quits I guess."

"Liar."

"I don't want to talk about it. Ok?" Trent growled. Jayke looked over at Trent surprised.

"You still like her."

"She broke up with me. Alright, you happy? And you can't deny you still have feelings for Brook like you always have."
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

23 Reviews

Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:59 am
Chupatoasta says...

**So his name was Trent! I had written that name, thought about it and changed it to Travis. I feel like and idiot :D**

"Get up! Get yo white ass outta bed!" Brooklyn let out scream and fell out of her bed, glancing around her room quickly until she landed her gaze on the computer screen. Good morning doll! It read, a video of Devon and Dorian waving at her. She glared, stomping over to the computer. She stuck her tongue out and shut her computer down. She jogged downstairs in nothing but a pair of booty shorts and a tank. She had woken up in the middle of the night to change. Skinny jeans weren't the most comfortable clothes to sleep in. Taylor was already in the kitchen, drinking straight black coffee in her clothes from last night, well Brooklyn's clothes. Brooklyn poured her own coffee, black like Taylor's.

"I thought you'd still be passed out," Brooklyn smiled crookedly at Taylor, looking at the clock that read five-thirty.

"I wasn't drunk Brooklyn, I was exhausted from sex." Taylor clarified with a smug grin. Brooklyn just chuckled and shook her head.

"What was the guy's name?" Brooklyn smiled coyly.

"Erm... uh."

"That's what I thought," she dodged Taylor's wicked hand as it swung at her, only a few centimeters from her head. "You need to borrow some clothes for school today?"

"I can't believe you want to go. You realize it'll probably just be me and you there, right?" Brooklyn shrugged and bounced upstairs, looking at her window.

"Taylor! Come here! Quick!" She shouted, staring at Brittney who was screaming at Jayke as she walked to her car, which she slid into next to Cheslar. "Wait for it... wait for it..." She grinned, waiting for Brittney to turn her car on.
George Bernard Shaw

110 Reviews

Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:47 pm
TNCowgirl says...

"No, I don't want to hear it!" Brittney yelled. She jumped in her car Chesler on the other side and started it. The next thing he knew all he was looking at was white in the windows. Two minutes later a styrofoam covered Brittney stepped out of the car screaming.

"Shut up, Brittney!" He growled. "God how can you scream so much."

"You know, I was going to let you off the hook and all. But like hell. I never want to talk to you again!" She screeched as she jumped back in her car and drove off.

"Wonder if she can see." Jayke laughed as Trent walked over handing him some coffee, black.

"Doubt it." Trent replied. "So what was that fight about?"

"I seriously have absolutly no idea." Jayke replied. "Though that is typical."

*oy*
Want a Readers crit???

23 Reviews

Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:45 pm
Chupatoasta says...

*lol*

Brooklyn and Taylor were literally on the ground, laughing their butts off. Brooklyn dropped the camera that was in her hands on her carpeted floor, rolling onto her stomach as she laughed. "D-did you get it?!" Taylor laughed loudly, tears springing from her eyes as Brooklyn nodded, laughing just as hard. She flipped in her camera to a picture of Brittney, covered in styrofoam head to toe.

After regaining herself Brooklyn opened the window, looking down at Jayke. "What happened?" She smiled innocently, cocking her head to the side. If she had a tail it would have probably been wagging. Jayke smirked up at her and shook his head, as if to say, 'like you don't know'. "Hey, are you going to school? Taylor and I still need that ride."

"I don't know," he called up to her, "You guys might just have to walk."

"But Jakey," she mimicked Brittney's whine perfectly, "My skirts to tight and my six inch heels might break! Or, like, I could break a perfectly manicured nail!" She wailed, smiling brightly before closing her window. Brooklyn grinned over at a laughing Taylor before grabbing two button up, plaid shirts from her closet, two pairs of etnies, and two pairs of jeans, tossing Taylor the multi-colored stuff. She pulled on her black and purple plaid button up, her A&E jeans, and black etnies before straightening her hair and putting on a little eyeliner. By the time she was done, so was Taylor.

They raced downstairs and across the lawn, both tripping over their untied shoelaces at the same time.

This was why Brooklyn Hendricks and Taylor Jenson were best friends.

Clothes
[url=
http://www.polyvore.com/untitled/set?id=10788105]Taylor Jenson[/url]
George Bernard Shaw

110 Reviews

Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:58 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Jayke laughed when he saw Taylor and Brooklyn running across the yard tripping over who knows what.

"Y'all are taking up to school." Brooklyn said standing in front of him.

"Oh really now?" He asked crossing his arms. She nodded crossing hers too.

"How about no." Trent said turning and walking towards the house. Taylor stuck her tounge out at him.

"Yes!" She called. Trent spun around and looked at her.

"No, we're going to bed. Unlike you we actually had to clean last night." Trent replied walking over.

"I say we put them to work." Jayke said before he scooped Brooklyn up and over his shoulder then turning and walking towards the house. Trent walked next to him.

"She'll follow like a lost puppy dog." Trent replied.
Want a Readers crit???

23 Reviews

Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:34 pm
Chupatoasta says...

Brooklyn couldn't help but glare at Trent. "What's the supposed to mean?" She growled, the words dripping with poison. Trent glanced up at her, cocking an eyebrow at her slightly angry expression.

"What do you think it means? She's got nobody else to go to, so she'll follow like a little lost puppy." Trent spat, crossing his arms as he walked, Taylor looking rather downcast behind him.

"I oughtta slap some sense into you!" She growled, starting towards him, or at least trying to. She lunged, forgetting she was still on Jayke's shoulder, and screamed as the ground got closer until finally, she slammed into the ground, on top of Jayke. She groaned, opening her eyes slowly, being met with Jayke's wide one. "Hey," she grinned cheekily down at him.

*wow... I'm brain dead too...**
George Bernard Shaw

110 Reviews

Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:40 pm
TNCowgirl says...

***it's fine***

"I wouldn't push him. He's still pretty sore." Jayke whispered as Trent walked into the house and Taylor stopped on the doorstep out of hearing. "She broke up with him. I don't know why, but I don' think he wanted it to end." He got up and picked Brook up and carried her inside.

"Now, like old times, we're all hanging out." He said as he grabbed Taylor with his other arm and pulled her inside too.
Want a Readers crit???

23 Reviews

Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:03 pm
Chupatoasta says...

Taylor snorted from beside Brooklyn, arms crossed. "Yeah old times. They were great weren't they Trent?" She growled, glaring at Trent, who was across the room. He glared over at her, going back to whatever he was doing. Brooklyn made a mental note to talk to Taylor about it all later. Without stopping Brooklyn walked into the kitchen, grabbing some popcorn and throwing it into the microwave as she fished for a giant bowl.

"Wow!" She smiled, "Everything is in the same place!" She looked back at Jayke, who just rolled his eyes.

"Brooklyn, are you really getting popcorn right now?" Taylor called from the living room.

"Yeah, come here I want to talk to you! Trent, Jayke, you guys pick out a movie. If you pick out a chick flick I'll probably kill you, just remember that! Taylor and I don't like them!" She yelled as Taylor walked into the kitchen, her and Brooklyn both sitting on counters across from each other.

"What?" Taylor whined, pouting.

"Why did you and Trent break up?" Brooklyn burst, wanting to really know. Taylor's face fell and she looked away, her knuckles turning white due to her tight grip on the counter. She started saying she didn't want to talk about it, but Brooklyn pouted.

"God I hate it when you do that." Taylor groaned, lowering his voice. "You really want to know?" Brooklyn nodded and Taylor dropped off the counter. "It was right after my fifteen. Trent was already fifteen and we wanted to take it a step further, so the night after my fifteenth we, ya know, did it. Two days later I hear Cheslar talking smack about her and him doing it the night before. I didn't even care what he had to say, and I broke it off right then and there."

"Do you regret it?" Brooklyn smiled sadly, sliding off the counter when Taylor's bottom lip trembled.

"Y-yeah," she let out a choked laugh, "I really do. I loved him Brook, I-I still do!" Brooklyn glanced into the living room, making sure the guys couldn't hear, and hugged Taylor.

"It's okay, shh." Brooklyn whispered, an odd smell hitting her nostrils. "Shit the popcorn!" Taylor burst into laughter as Brooklyn ran over to the microwave, taking out the steaming bags and throwing them on the counter, soon blowing on her red fingers.
George Bernard Shaw

110 Reviews

Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:12 pm
TNCowgirl says...

"Spill." Jayke said as they fished through the movies. "I want hte whole story of why you two make it so hard when your in a room together."

"I told you." Trent growled.

"Theres more to the story, why'd she dump you?" Jayke asked.

"Does it matter." Trent demanded.

"It'd be nice to know." Jayke replied.

"She thought I was cheating on her, ok? Said I was sleeping around on her. Dude she was my first. In all honesty, my only." Trent growled.

"So you and Chesler...."

"That was just Chesler running her mouth. She's got a promise ring like Brook, her dad gets her checked every month, if she wasn't a virgin he'd kill her. She just liked to run her mouth so that Brittney will still hang out with her." Trent replied. "I knew that before I started dating her, I didn't care. She also knew I still loved Tay, we figured sense she didn't want to take the chance of dating someone that would take advantage, and I wasn't going to get Tay back, we might as well put on a show."

"Well you fooled me." Jayke replied furrowing his brows. "Taylor know you didn't cheat on her?"

"SHe wouldn't listen and she won't. She's stubborn as a mule and you know it. Once she gets something in her head she won't let it go. Guess love wasn't enough that she'd trust me." Trent tossed him a movie. "Now shut up about it. I don't want to hear anymore about the past, it won't change anything."
Want a Readers crit???

23 Reviews

Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:25 pm
Chupatoasta says...

Brooklyn and Taylor walked back into the living room, the taller girl's arm resting on Brooklyn's shoulder as they each held onto their own bowl of popcorn, singing A Pirates Life For Me. "Yo ho, Yo ho! A pirate's life for me!" They sang, swinging there heads. Brooklyn jumped over the back of the couch next to Jayke and stretched her legs out, leaving Taylor to sit next to Trent on the love seat.

Brooklyn glanced at a confused Taylor and yanked her head in the direction of Trent. Taylor shook her head and furrowed her brow. "Go talk to him!" Brooklyn mouthed, Taylor groaning and walking over to the love seat. She sat as far away from Trent that she could, sticking the popcorn in between them. Brooklyn whipped out her cell phone.

Talk to him or I keel you!
She texted, putting her phone back into her pocket nonchalantly before handing Jayke the popcorn. "Yo ho." She smiled cheekily.
George Bernard Shaw

110 Reviews

Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:39 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Jayke laughed and snagged some popcorn as he started the movie.

*~*~*~*
(Trent)

Trent tried to relax, but he couldn't, not with Taylor sitting meer inches away from him. He grabbed some popcorn so that he would stay busy, but it turned otu to be at hte same time she did and their hands collided.

"Sorry." He muttered. Used to it would've been funny and they'd joke about it then he'd grab her hand. But if it was really like old times she'd be snuggled up close to him and the popcorn would be in her lap.
Want a Readers crit???

23 Reviews

Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:04 pm
Chupatoasta says...

"Mmhmm," Taylor replied softly, looking at the screen as previews started to play. Her eyes flipped from the television to Trent, who looked a little tense. She sighed and rubbed the back of her neck, memories of only three years ago playing in her mind. She had the best middle school years a kid could ask for, considering she had Trent. Now, not so much. Taylor looked away from the screen as tears sprung from her eyes. She stood up quickly, walking towards the bathroom.

"Tay, where are you going?" Brooklyn asked quickly, concern lacing in her words.

"The bathroom," she croaked, sniffing quickly before running up the stairs and into the bathroom, where she collapsed on the ground, sobbing.

~~

Brooklyn watched Taylor with concern as she ran up the stairs. She was crying and Brooklyn knew it. She couldn't do anything though. There was only one person that could. She looked over at Trent expectantly and, as if he was reading her mind, he stood and started for the stairs.

"How much you want to bet they make up?" She smiled softly at Jayke, who was wearing a goofy grin once his friend disappeared.
George Bernard Shaw

110 Reviews

Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:12 pm
TNCowgirl says...

"Everything I own." He smiled.

*~*~*~*

Trent walked to the bathroom and heard Taylor's crying. He tired the door and it opened. He sat next to her pulling her close to him holding her against his chest. It felt so right. She cried for a few minutes then looked up at him and pulled away a little. He felt like he'd been stabbed all over again.

"When are we ever going to talk again?" He asked lookign her in the eyes. "I'm tired of this. What you heard was a lie, why can't you believe me."
Want a Readers crit???

23 Reviews

Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:03 pm
Chupatoasta says...

Taylor sniffed, wiping her ice blue eyes with her sleeves that she had rolled down since it was so cold in Jayke's house. "How can I believe you?" She sobbed. It was almost like the day she found out, or thought, he had been cheating on her. "A week after we broke up you got together with that skank, and you are still together with her!" Taylor tightened her grip on the front of Trent's shirt. "I miss you." She finally sighed, rather shakily.

Brooklyn yawned and glanced at the time. It was only around eight fifteen in the morning. "So, once the making up love birds come back down you wanna go get a bite to eat? Taylor made me miss breakfast, and I'm starving. Sadly, popcorn just doesn't fill a person up," she grinned crookedly.
George Bernard Shaw

Carpe Diem
— Catullus