z

Young Writers Society

Lakeview High

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:10 pm
Chupatoasta says...

Brooklyn snickered softly, shaking her head before looking at the clock. She let out a groan and covered her face with her hands. It was still only eleven. In other words, she had at least four hours before she could go anywhere. Not that she was scared of getting caught. She always skipped in Florida. Every Tuesday and Thursday she had skipped at least one class to get free tacos and admittance at the bowling alley. She and the guys would go all the time.

"Eh, if they're fun you guys go after them, am I right?" Brooklyn hoped she wasn't coming off as rude. After all, they always ragged on each other before. Jayke didn't say anything and Brooklyn let out a round of laughter. She slid off her bed and over to the snake tank, where Monty slowly slithered off her arm and curled into a ball.

Brooklyn bounced back over to her bed, jumped down on it and crossing her legs, her elbows rested on her knees and face rested in her hands. She stuck her tongue out at Jayke, who just chuckled and shook his head.

*all I got, sorry! D:*
Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:02 pm
TNCowgirl says...

***Thats fine.***

Jayke shook his head. "How could you not have changed any, and I changed so much."

"You haven't, you just put a mask on." She smiled.

"Can you tell me how to get it off, cause it's hurting." He replied seriously. He laughed to make her think it was a joke though.
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

23 Reviews

Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:53 pm
Chupatoasta says...

Brooklyn thought for a second, poking her lips out in concentration. Jayke chuckled at her and she smiled softly, furrowing her brow. "You know," she started, still thinking on how to word what she wanted to say. "When I moved to Florida I didn't want to be the little shy girl who sat in the back, scribbling down notes from class. I got there and thought that is was a new start and I could be anyone I wanted to be. I didn't have to be the girl who was shy and only spoke with her friends, never going out of her little box. I got there, got rid of the real Brooklyn after meeting a guy named Justin and started a new life. I partied all night with Justin, skipped school on a daily basis, drank with Justin and his friends, and even did drugs with Justin and the others." She took a soft intake of breath, twidling her fingers.

"In tenth grade I dated Justin. He was the big, bad football captain two grades above me and three years older. He was abusive, and very, very demanding. I got to know his brother, Jason who was in my grade, and I became really close friends with him, nothing more." Brooklyn smiled softly at Jayke's baffled expression, turning her gaze away.

"One day, I had went over to Justin and Jason's to surprise Justin because he was coming home from Orlando, where he and the team had went to celebrate winning state over Christmas break. He got home and I was in the living room, playing X-box with Jason. The next thing I knew Jason was beaten in a bloody pulp on the ground, and Justin turned on me. The next day, well, to put it simply, I was in the hospital. Remember when my mom called yours in tears, telling her something and your mom told you I'd fallen out a window?" Jayke nodded, eyes wide.

"Yeah, well, Justin beat me up. I didn't fall out of a window. Anyway, we didn't press charges, since he was going to collage and even though my parents were angry, they didn't want to ruin his future. So, I did put a mask on like you did, but when I found the right people to hang out with, I learned to get rid of my mask. Slowly at first, but it's gone now." She shook her head.

Don't ever let anyone or anything ever stop you or knock you down stay true to who you are and remember God has never ever given us something that we couldn't handle.

"I guess what I'm trying to say is... don't change because it's the cool thing to do, and if you do try your hardest to get back the way you were. Get with your friends, get away from the things that made you change, and it may take time, but you'll get back to normal. You'll get rid of your mask." She grinned at Jayke, soon letting out streams of laughter, eyes dancing with playfulness.
George Bernard Shaw

110 Reviews

Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:23 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Jayke smiled and stood up. "We better go make sure Trent and Tay don't make a kid." He said grabbing her hand and pulling her out of hte house over to his where Trent and Taylor were playing the wii.

"Bout time you two got back." Trent said without even looking at them.

"Well." Jayke plopped down next to Trent and grabbed a remote. "I'm in next game."

((((It only hurts when I breath. :'( )))
Want a Readers crit???

23 Reviews

Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:06 pm
Chupatoasta says...

*I'm sorry :(*

Taylor pouted when Trent beat her in Wii Bowling and plopped down on the couch next to Brooklyn, glancing at her. "Something wrong?" Taylor asked, noticing her friend's distant expression. Brooklyn looked over and shook her head, smiling softly before her face when back to how it was. Brittney calling her jealous had struck a nerve, but also made her think about it. She was jealous of Brittney. Not in the term that Brittney could get any guy she wanted, but it was more of the fact that Brittney had been so close to Jayke the passed couple of years. Before Brooklyn had left she had been the only girl in Jayke's life, other than his mom and Taylor of course.

Jayke's phone rang, causing the two guys to pause the game. Trent grabbed Jayke's phone, answering it. He made a face and put his hand over the receiver. "Dude, it's Brittney and she's crying." Brooklyn rolled her eyes and rested her head on her knees, closing her eyes.

*all I got, sorry!*
George Bernard Shaw

110 Reviews

Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:57 am
TNCowgirl says...

"What?" Jayke demanded.

"D-d-don't h-h-hang up." Brittney stuttered.

"Stop crying and talk fast." He growled.

I-I-I'm p-p-pregnate." Brittney cried. Jayke swallowed hard. He couldn't breath, couldn't thinkg. "Jayke?"

"I'm here." He replied. He got up and left the room. "You sure."

"Uh, ya!" She snapped.

"Damn it." He hit the wall hard leaving a small dent and making his knuckles hurt.

***it's just a ploy to get him back by the way.***
Want a Readers crit???

23 Reviews

Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:43 am
Chupatoasta says...

**I figured as much haha :D**

Brooklyn raised an eyebrow as Jayke walked out of the room, walking back in after ten minutes as he ran his hands through his hair, looking nervous and destroyed. "Dude, what's up with her?" Trent asked, setting down the Wii remote. Jayke shook his head, sitting next to Brooklyn, who was next to Taylor.

"Brittney... she's pregnant." He replied hoarsely, clutching a handful of hair. Well that was a punch to the gut. Brooklyn thought as her face fell. Taylor glanced over at Brooklyn worriedly.

"Are you okay?" Brooklyn managed to ask, her arm draped across Jayke's back as he leaned on his knees.

"No I'm not o-fucking-kay!" Jayke was on his feet, glaring at Brooklyn. "My ex-girlfriend's pregnant and I'm the dad, or at least that's what she said! I'm eighteen and I'm going to be a father! Do you think I'm okay?!" Brooklyn flinched, backing away from him as her eyes filled with tears. Never had he yelled at her. Never. "Dammit!" He shouted at the top of his lungs, causing Brooklyn to flinch again before stalking off with Trent close behind.

Taylor walked over next to Brooklyn, sitting down next to her and hugging her tightly. All the while though, Brooklyn couldn't push the feeling that something was going on away.
George Bernard Shaw

110 Reviews

Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:55 am
TNCowgirl says...

Jayke walked to the work out room on the second floor and started pounding his fists into the punching bag.

"You sure she's telling the truth?" Trent asked from behind him.

"She's not even low enough to lie abotu that." Jayke hissed slamming his fist into the bag again his knuckles cracking as he growled in pain.

"Ok, well you need to apologize to Brook, you had no reason to yell at her." Trent replied.

"I didn't mean to. But what am I supposed to do! SHIT!" He walked back otu of the room and down stairs. Brooklyn and Taylor stopped talking when he came in. "Sorry, Brook, I didn't mean to. It's just.......well....I'm a little stressed." He ran a hand through his hair again. "There goes my damn life and everything I wanted from it! I'd finally gotten rid of her!"
Want a Readers crit???

23 Reviews

Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:08 am
Chupatoasta says...

Brooklyn just shook her head, showing that she didn't care that he yelled at her. She stood up and walked over to him and Trent, who walked over to Taylor. "You want to go talk?" She asked softly, taking his hand in both of hers. He shrugged indifferently and she led him up the stairs, shutting the door to his room behind him as she sat on his bed in front of him.

"God Brook, what am I going to do?" He looked so... defenseless. Like a little kid that was in trouble. Brooklyn scooted closer, hugging him tightly.

"Just be there for her. As bad as it may be, if she really is pregnant then this is hard on her too." Brooklyn smiled softly, her arms still wrapped around him in a consoling hug. "Are you sure she's really pregnant?"

Jayke just nodded against Brooklyn's shoulder. "Brittney, as bad as she seems, wouldn't lie about something like this. It's too... big."

"Well I'm here for you, and Brittney if need be." Brooklyn sighed, rubbing Jayke's back.
George Bernard Shaw

110 Reviews

Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:23 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Jayke felt so right with her arms around him. He hugged her back and took a deep breath. Why did when she came back and he might have a chance to get her back did he lose every chance. He took a deep breath and fought his emotions.

"Why me?" He whispered. "Why'd this have to happen to me?"

"Well you made your choices." SHe replied. He knew she wasn't being mean though.

"Ya, know anyone with a time machine?" He chuckled. She laughed. Someone knocked on the door downstairs and he sighed. "Better go find out who it is." He got up and they walked back downstairs just as Trent opened the door. Brittney and Chesler were standing there. Chesler looked royally pissed off.
Want a Readers crit???

23 Reviews

Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:05 am
Chupatoasta says...

Brooklyn glanced as Cheslar, then Taylor, who nodded. Brooklyn nodded once and started for the kitchen. Chesler, who noticed this, followed close behind while Brittney ran over to Jayke, sobbing. Brooklyn sat on the counter, the look stuck on her face. "Hey," she smiled the best she could as Cheslar, who grabbed a pickle out of the fridge and a chocolate chip cookie out of the cabinet.

"Brittney already has cravings," Cheslar rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, okay," Brooklyn stated, rather blandly. Cheslar shot her a surprised look and Brooklyn rolled her eyes. "I already said I'd be there for Jayke and Brittney both, but if she just found out, she's probably four or five weeks along." She looked up at Cheslar through her eyelashes, her blue eyes twinkling. "Tell Brittney, and it doesn't have to be today, but tell her that I said not to lie to Jayke. If she's telling the truth, then all right. Go her, congrats. However, if she's lying you tell her that I said she needs to stop being a selfish bitch and tell him the truth. It's killing him right now." Brooklyn slid off the counter and patted Cheslar on the shoulder before taking a seat next to Taylor and Trent.
George Bernard Shaw

110 Reviews

Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:04 pm
TNCowgirl says...

"What are we going to do?" Brittney sobbed. Jayke was still trying to accept it all.

"We'll figure it out." He managed to say. He saw Chesler walk in with a pickle and a cookie. Brittney saw her and grabbed the two then plopped on the couch before eating them together. Jayke nearly gagged.

*:S*
Want a Readers crit???

23 Reviews

Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:11 pm
Chupatoasta says...

Brooklyn bobbed her head along with the beat of With Arms Wide Open by Creed slowly, the ear buds in her ears screaming with the song. She really didn't have the nerve to listen to Brittney cry and smack her lips as she ate. Brooklyn couldn't help but think about Jayke and what he was going through. She hugged her knees to her chest, opening her blue eyes to look at Jayke, who almost looked green. Brooklyn chuckled and looked at Taylor, who was staring at her, her brow creased in worry. She said something and Brooklyn took her head phones out, asking to repeat what she said.

"Why are you crying?" Taylor whispered, not wanting to be heard. Brooklyn touched her cheek, and sure enough it was damp with tears. She wiped her cheeks furiously, trying to catch any stray tears.

"I'm not!" Brooklyn grinned. "See?" Taylor sighed and shook her head, patting Brooklyn on the back.

"I think she's lying," Taylor growled, glaring over at Brittney. Brooklyn nodded and cleared her throat, receiving a glare from Brittney.

"Hey Brittney, did you know your baby's only the size of a sesame seed right now? It's got a beating heart now, and it's even got a cardiovascular system. Do you still have your pregnancy test?" Brittney's face turned sour and she shook her head.

"No, that's disgusting!" She screeched dramatically.

"Really? My mom still has mine, so does Jayke's mom. Jayke has this little baby bucket from eighteen years ago, and everything that meant anything to his mom about his has been kept in there. The pregnancy test was the first to go in. Same with my mom." Brooklyn's eyes twinkled at the thought of treasuring something so important for so long. "They always said that that small stick, as gross as they found it back then, made the best days of their lives. Jayke's mom was what? Six months pregnant when my mom found out she was pregnant? Yeah, six months because Jayke turned eighteen in August." Brittney was now glaring harshly at Brooklyn, who sniffed to avoid laughing.
George Bernard Shaw

110 Reviews

Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:39 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Jayke a t that point in time wanted to die. He sat down and ran a hand over his face and took a deep breath. What was he going to tell his parents?

"Did you only take one test?" Taylor asked.

"Yes." Brittney replied.

"Lets go get two more. Then we'll know for sure." Taylor grinned. "Sound like a good idea, Jayke?"

"I don't care, I just need to think." He frowned walking over to the kitchen and getting some water.
Want a Readers crit???

23 Reviews

Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:43 am
Chupatoasta says...

Brooklyn leaped out of her seat, smiling brightly. "Digital are more accurate, so we can get one of them. I'll pay!" She smirked over at Brittney and started for the door, Taylor close behind. Cheslar shot Brittney a look, mouthing something before standing up and walking with Brooklyn and Taylor, Brittney slowly following behind. "My car!" Brooklyn screamed, running over to the 2009 Ford Fiesta in her drive way. Brittney scrunched her nose, but slid into the back with Cheslar. Brooklyn, without warning, yanked out of the driveway, speeding down the road.

"Listen Brook, Brookey, Brooklyn, whatever the hell your name is, unless you want your high school life a living hell I suggest to keep this whole me-not-being-pregnant thing to yourself." Brooklyn smirked, ripping off the side of the road. She parked the car and turned to look at Brittney.

"Get out." She smiled crookedly.

"Excuse me?! We're three miles from your house and a mile from the store! I even left my phone at Jayke's!" Brittney screeched.

"Exactly. I'm going to go by the pregnancy tests and you're going to walk back. Have fun." Brooklyn smirked as Brittney let out a scream and slid out of the car, Cheslar jumping out after her. Brooklyn smirked and drove to the store, walking in and grabbing two pregnancy tests.

When she got back in she high fived Taylor and they drove back to Jayke's house, passing Brittney and Cheslar on the way. Brooklyn jumped out of her car and danced her way over to Jayke's house, tests in hand.
George Bernard Shaw

So verily with the hardship, there is a relief, verily with the hardship, there is a relief.
— Quran Ch 94:5-6