z

Young Writers Society

Collision [In need of a better title]

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:32 am
WhiteTiger93 says...

Ivy's heart thundered in her chest. She really didn't want to make a fool out of herself. She had prided herself on being a graceful, elegant dancer back home, but here? Yeah, she was pretty sure things were different.

"I am relaxed," she replied though her hands were shaking. Colton rolled his eyes and shook his head.

"Just follow my lead," he told her. Ivy took a deep breath and accidently stepped on his toe. Colton ignored it.

"Oops," she grimanced, stepping on his other foot. "I warned you, though."

"Calm down," Colton sighed. "I realized I would probably lose a few toes doing this anyway."

"Very funny," Ivy said sarcastically, but she finally got the hang of it. As the beat went faster, so did they.

Her head was spinning by the time the song was over. "That was...pretty fun," she admitted.
Hermione, shut your ungodly, lopsided mouth and quit interrupting! 20 points from Gryffindor. You know, for the brightest witch of your age you can sure be a dumba** sometimes. *smiles* 10 points to Dumbledore!

~A Very Potter Musical - Dumbledore

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:12 am
TNCowgirl says...

"See, no one really pays attention to who is the best at it. It's just having fun, relaxing." He smiled as he led her over to the table. "I'm going to go get us something to drink."

"THank you, I'm parched." She replied. He moved over to the drink table and poured two drinks.

"Hi, Colt." A sweet voice said from behind him. He picked up the drinks and turned around.

"Mary Beth." He nodded his head.

"Long time no see." She smiled as she moved closer.

"It's been a while, for sure." He glanced towards Ivy wanting to get back to her and not talk to Mary Beth. "It's good seeing you, if you'll excuse me."

"Oh, I'm sure she can spare you a few minutes to talk to me." Mary Beth replied fluttering her eye lids.
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

54 Reviews

Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:31 pm
WhiteTiger93 says...

Ivy tried to make herself comfortable, but without Colton near her she felt like she stood out like a sore thumb.

"Who says the guys have to go get the drinks by themselves," Ivy grumbled, pushing her way through the crowd.

The girl who was staring at Colton before was now batting her pretty little eyelashes at him now. Ivy grit her teeth and walked up there.

"Oh, I'm sure she can spare you a few minutes to talk with me," the girl smiled at him. Ivy placed a hand on her hip.

"I think not," she replied. "Actually, he was just going to get some drinks. See, we're both very thirsty and frankly I don't think he's really up for conversation."

The girl glared at Ivy. Ivy straightened her back and raised her eyebrows in question. "Somthing you'd like to say?"

The girl smiled now. "Well, Colton and I have known each other a long time," her gaze snaked over to him, lingering way too long in Ivy's opinion. "A very long time. You see, I have no one here with me and I know Colton wouldn't say no to a dance with me."

Ivy lost her backbone. Colton was a gentleman, no matter how many times she told him he wasn't. She knew he would feel obligated to dance with her. Besides, for all she knew, Colton could actually like her. The girl wasn't ugly. Not at all, and Colton had to have had a small crush on one of these girls. Her heart dropped into her stomach.

"Oh. Well, I'll just take this then," Ivy said, taking one of the drinks from Colton's hand with more hostility then she meant to. Colton raised an eyebrow and looked about to speak when Ivy just shook her head.

"It's fine, Colton," she laughed. A very fake laugh. "I'll just...sit around on the side lines and watch. Really, I'm fine to just sit there."

Ivy spun on her heel and walked away. She didn't know which bothered her more, the fact that Colton was dancing with some other girl, maybe someone he even liked. Or that it hurt her that he might actually like the girl.
Hermione, shut your ungodly, lopsided mouth and quit interrupting! 20 points from Gryffindor. You know, for the brightest witch of your age you can sure be a dumba** sometimes. *smiles* 10 points to Dumbledore!

110 Reviews

Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:05 am
TNCowgirl says...

Colt frowned and looked at Mary Beth, she just smiled and looked towards the dance floor.

"Please." She smiled.

"One dance." He replied as he held his arm out. She smiled and took it and led her onto the floor. They danced for a while, but Colt's mind wasn't on Mary Beth, it was on Ivy. Why had she acted so possive? Could she have feelings for him. When teh dance was over and squeeze Mary Beth's shoulder then walked over to Ivy. "Seems your not to dead from boredom." He smiled
Want a Readers crit???

54 Reviews

Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:22 am
WhiteTiger93 says...

"Not yet," Ivy replied, shrugging.

"Did you want to dance again?" Colton asked, looking over his shoulder. Ivy wanted to laugh when she saw the girl pouting by herself.

"Maybe later," Ivy smiled a little. Colton sat beside her in one of the chairs.

"So what was with you and Mary Beth?" He asked, laughing a little.

"Was that her name?" Ivy mused, ignoring the question.

"Yeah," Colton said, turning towards Ivy now. "You just avoided the question."

Ivy shrugged. "I didn't avoid it," she replied, annoyed that he noticed. "I just thought that you wanted to sit after we danced. Besides, you didn't look too into her."

Lies, and Ivy cringed a little. She sucked at lying but it didn't seem that Colt noticed.

110 Reviews

Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:32 am
TNCowgirl says...

Colt laughed and shook his head. "Come on, lets dance. I'm not tired and you need to have some fun." He smiled as he stood up and took her hand. "I want you to have fun."

"I am when I'm watching, I'm not making a fool of myself." She replied with a flattering smile.

"Lets go, your not talking me out of it." He smiled. "Come on." He held his arm out as a slower song came on.
Want a Readers crit???

54 Reviews

Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:42 am
WhiteTiger93 says...

Ivy swallowed hard and walked out with him. The song was slow and she saw Adam and Ella gazing at each other and swaying to the soft beat.

Ivy looked back to Colton, but he smiled. Ivy nervously stepped up to him. She didn't know why she was so shy, but she never got like this.

"Come on, I won't bite," Colt chuckled.

He placed his hands on her waist and slowly drawed her up to him. She wrapped one arm around his neck and entertwined her other hand with his. Her head rested gently against his shoulder.

"See, not so bad," Colton whispered against her ear. Goosebumps rose against her arms.

"Yeah, not too bad," she laughed. "A lot nicer than ack home. I had to learn all kinds of moves to dance there. This is much nicer."

"Nicer?" Colton asked. "I'll take that as a compliment. Ivy shoved her softly, but didn't let go as they continued to dance to the slow song.

110 Reviews

Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:50 am
TNCowgirl says...

Colton wanted to turn and leave, to ignore the feelings he felt welling up inside his gut. he couldn't fall for her. No way no how. He would get his heart crushed if he did. But he kne whe couldn't stop what he felt. He sighed inwardly as they kept dancing. He caught Mary Beth's eyes, she was frowning. He looked away tightening his grip on Ivy just a tad.

*oy*
Want a Readers crit???

54 Reviews

Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:03 am
WhiteTiger93 says...

Ivy's breath hitched in her throat. Everytime Colton's hand so much as moved against her waist she shivered. She looked up at him to see him glancing down at her.

She stared up into those gorgeous eyes of his. She stopped moving, her hand starting to move up his neck and into his hair.

Then she realized what she was doing. Oh no, she thought.

"Exucse me," she said, jerking away from him. "I need...I need a break," she stuttered.

"Ivy?" He asked. Ivy gave a weak smile. Either he was completely unaware of what almost happened, or he was aware and was letting her down.

"You could go dance with Mary Beth if you want," Ivy said, sadly. "I'm a little tired." More lies. She had never lied this much.

You are NOT falling for him, Ivy thought angrily. You will NOT fall for him. He's such a...a country boy. He wasn't worth her time. Even thinking that she knew she was lying to herself.

**UGH**

110 Reviews

Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:06 am
TNCowgirl says...

Colt looked at her confused with it all. He caught her arm and made her turn around.

"Honestly, I don't want to dance with Mary Beth." He said looking into her eyes.

**Oy, all I had**
Want a Readers crit???

54 Reviews

Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:13 am
WhiteTiger93 says...

Ivy's mouth went dry. "She'll be ever so disappointed," she joked, weakly. She didn't look away from his eyes.

Colton smiled a little, grabbing her hand and leading her back into the crowd. She tried to act reluctant, but honestly, she loved how close he was to her.

This time Colt put his hand on the middle of her back, shyly. Ivy bit her lip and leaned agaist him. He seemed...confused. Great, she thought, just great. What was wrong with her?

**Brain dead! :P**

110 Reviews

Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:15 am
TNCowgirl says...

Colt wanted to kick himself. What was he thinking! He couldn't help it though. He held her close until the music stopped then he wated a few second sbefore letting her go.

"Your not a bad dancer." He smiled down at her.

**Sorry, all I had**
Want a Readers crit???

54 Reviews

Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:27 am
WhiteTiger93 says...

Ivy smiled. "Nor are you," she admitted.

She followed him towards one of the back tables. "Is that Ella?" Ivy asked, peering between one couple and spotted her with Adam.

"Oh," she blushed, furiously as she realized that Adam had just kissed Ella.

She didn't know if Colton noticed, but she didn't know how he would react to that. He seemed to like Adam...but when it came to his sister he was pretty protective of her.

"So is this sort of truce going to end once we get out of here?" Colton asked, smirking.

Ivy laughed and shrugged. "Probably," they said at the same time. Ivy laughed again, looking at Colton again. For some reason she almost hoped that it would last.

110 Reviews

Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:35 am
TNCowgirl says...

Colt smiled at her hoping that the truce would last, he was enjoying this. He sat down next to her as she sat down and smiled when he saw his sister and Adam dancing.

"Theres food. Do you want some?" He asked

**UGH**
Want a Readers crit???

54 Reviews

Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:06 pm
WhiteTiger93 says...

"Is the food good?" She asked.

Colton shrugged. "Most of the time," he laughed. "Then again you have the ones who 'accidentally' burn the peach cobbler and try to pass it off here."

Ivy rolled her eyes. "I'll be sure to avoid the peach cobbler then."

She got up and followed Colton. At her old parties there were tables upon tables of food, but hardly any was eaten. The women were supposed to get a little plate and pick at the food, saying how they weren't hungry. The men, on the other hand, were too busy trying to get the women to go to 'another room' with them. Still, while there may not have been as much as when she was at home, it was still pretty impressive.

Ivy loaded her plate, not caring. Colton laughed.

"Hungry?" He asked. Ivy laughed.

"I actually never ate at parties before. Women weren't supposed to, I guess. I'm just proving that I have an appetite," she smiled.

Colton led the way back to one of the tables to find Mary Beth sitting and waiting.

"Hey Colton!" She exclaimed liked she really was surprised to see him heading towards their table. "Come sit."

No matter what happens I'll always know there's a quote of mine in the YWS quote generator.
— looseleaf