z

Young Writers Society

The Kill

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:14 am
TNCowgirl says...

**I say his, something so that in the end if they need something that'll relight the love, poof there it is. :P **
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

203 Reviews

Reviews: 203
Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:22 am
October Girl says...

**Ditto :)

If she was pregnant it was the end of him. Maybe he could keep up the lying? Or maybe he was about to get his ass kicked.

"How far along is she?" Sterling asked.

"About four... Four and a half weeks." The doctor had her on an examining table.

Sterling paled. A baby. A crying, helpless, small... Baby. And it was his and hers. Well he got his wish, he deffinatly got to keep her.

"Of course, if you don't want it she's perfectly capable of having it terminated."

Sterling noticed out of the corner of his eye he saw her flinch at the thought. He looked at her. She looked horrifed baack at him.

"Could you give a moment doctor?" he asked.

"Of course." the doctor nodded and scurried away.
We're meant to be one
I know we are...
If I am the Sky
Then you are my star... ™

110 Reviews

Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:24 am
TNCowgirl says...

"No, no, no, no." Caralina said shaking her head. "No way am I going to kill it, if you don't want it we'll put it up for adoption, but I'm not going to kill it."

***I don't know what he'd say. :'(***
Want a Readers crit???

203 Reviews

Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:41 am
October Girl says...

Sterling ran his hand through his hair. "Lina..."

"I can't kill it!" she shouted, obviously not hearing him.

"Lina..." He tried again.

"We did this. I can't kill it." she cried.

"Lina! Calm down... I want the baby too alright? Just calm down before you hurt yourself." he growled. How could he have been so stupid he had no idea how to be a father to the baby that was growing inside her.
We're meant to be one
I know we are...
If I am the Sky

110 Reviews

Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:44 am
TNCowgirl says...

Caralina bit her lip. "Sorry." She whispered. Sterling poked his head out the door and called the doctor back in.

"All set?" They nodded. "Whats the choice."

"WE're keeping it." Caralina said firmly.

"Alrighty then. Let me get you a packet of information. I'll worn you, your going ot be very unpredictable for a while, your hormones are going a little crazy because of all this. Don't take everything she says to heart, and buy alot of tissues." The doctor smiled.
Want a Readers crit???

203 Reviews

Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:49 am
October Girl says...

Sterling took her to the lake house and he was clenching the steering wheel until his knuckles were white. He didn't realize it until Lina made a sound.

"Sterling... Your scaring me." she whimpered. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing." he spit out the word like it tasted bad. "Just nothing what so ever."
We're meant to be one
I know we are...
If I am the Sky

110 Reviews

Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:56 am
TNCowgirl says...

Caralina bit her lower lip moving closer to the door and pulling her jacket close to her. He was mad at her. Mad she got pregnate, mad she didn't want to get rid of it. The thought made her chock back a sob. When they got to the house she walked to the kitchen and made a sandwich then walked to the lake and sat down there. Tears rolled down her face.

Sterling didn't want her baby, their baby. She put a hand over her stomach and took a deep breath. Well he'd just have to get over it. She wasn't going to kill it. It was both of their fault for forgetting to use protection, and she wasn't going to kill the baby because of it.

"Caralina, come inside, it's getting dark." Sterling said showing up as the sun started to sink below the horizon. She didn't budge. WHat had taken him so long to show up? What had he been doin? He was really mad at her, he even called her by her full name.
Want a Readers crit???

203 Reviews

Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:07 am
October Girl says...

Sterling didn't know how to feel. At the moment he wanted to bash his own head it, he was greatful the baby was his. He didn't know about have children had had never wanted children or a wife and just a month or two he had gotten both.

"Caralina, come inside, it's getting dark." he said. When she didn't move he called her again. "Lina... sweetheart come inside."
We're meant to be one
I know we are...
If I am the Sky

110 Reviews

Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:10 am
TNCowgirl says...

Caralina pulled her jacket closer to her. It was getting cooler. She got up slowly and walked to the house looking down at the ground as she walked. She felt him put his hand on her back when she got next to him and she wanted to shy away, to let him know she was upset he was mad at her. But her body betrayed her moving closer to his warmth and security. He lead her inside and they sat on the couch.

"Whats wrong?" He asked softly tipping her face up so she was lookign at him.

"Nothing." She whispered trying to look away. How could he read her so well, it wasn't fair.

"Lina..." He said.

"Why are you mad at me?" She whispered hoarsly looking at him.
Want a Readers crit???

203 Reviews

Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:18 am
October Girl says...

Sterling looked at her for a while before answering.

"I'm not mad." he shook his head. "I'm perfectly fine. Everything is fine."
We're meant to be one
I know we are...
If I am the Sky

110 Reviews

Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:20 am
TNCowgirl says...

Caralina laid her head against his chest not wanting to look at him at the moment, just like he could read her, she knew he was lying. Something was getting to him. She just didn't know what.

"Heard from the Chief lately?" She asked snuggling closer when he wrapped his arm around her shoulders.

"No, I need to call him in the morning." He replied.

"Do you think it's safe to move back to our house. Or are we out here for permanate. Cause I wouldn't mind that." She smiled up at him. She loved the lake house.
Want a Readers crit???

203 Reviews

Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:34 am
October Girl says...

"I love the lake house too, but I don't think we can stay here much longer." he admitted.

"Why not?" she whined, still smiling.

"Time share." he said. "We'll buy a knew house if you want." he said. As if on cue his cell phone rang after a few mintues on the phone, Sterling had to go straight to the station about another murder.

"Lina... I have to go. Please be careful and don't go anywhere. I'll be back as soon as I can." He forgot to kiss her goodnight as he left in a hurry, the Chief was going to kill him.
We're meant to be one
I know we are...
If I am the Sky

110 Reviews

Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:40 am
TNCowgirl says...

Caralina watched him drive off tears rolling down her face. He was mad at her, if it was something else he'd have kissed her goodbye and told her he loved her. She touched her stomach and took a deep breath.

"If thats what he wants." She walked to the kitchen and got out a piece of paper.

Dear Sterling,

By the time you get back, I'll be gone. I wish you wouldn't have lied to me. I'm sorry I'm not willing to have an abortion, but I just can't. I love you, so much. But I guess it only goes one way.

Goodbye, my love.

Lina
She put the letter on the bed on his pillow then grabbed her suitcase and packed up her clothes. She ran a hand over her stomach before she put the suitcase in the rusty old truck and started the engine.

"Please, please, work." She turned the key and the truck started with alot of noise. She backed up and drove down the road, the opposite way Sterling had gone.

A few hours later she hit the steering wheel wiht her fist. "STart!" She screamed at it turning the key again. She climbed out and kicked the tire. "OUCH!" She jumped up and down her toes throbbing.

"Stupid truck, stupid love, stupid memory." She stormed down the road looking for anything, anyone to help her.
Want a Readers crit???

203 Reviews

Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:53 am
October Girl says...

Half the way down the road, Sterling got a phone call. They didn't need him after all. He turned the car around and started heading back. That's when he saw it, the car and he saw Lina sitting on the trunk.

What the hell? He wondered but didn't ask any questions he got out of the car.

"Lina? What the hell happened?" he asked getting out of the truck.
We're meant to be one
I know we are...
If I am the Sky

110 Reviews

Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:55 am
TNCowgirl says...

"I broke down." She growled not looking at him. "Isn't it obvious."

"I thought you were going to stay at the house." He said walking over and standing in front of her.

"Obviously you haven't been back." She replied turning away from him.

"Lina, whats wrong?" He asked making her look at him.

"I'm leaving." She replied holding her head up even though she felt like breaking down and crying. She had cried for the couple of hours, she was done crying. She wished it was different, but she knew she couldn't change him, he was set in his ways, that was one of the things she loved so much about him.
Want a Readers crit???

A non-writing writer is a monster courting insanity.
— Franz Kafka