z

Young Writers Society

Ships with Wings Aboard

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:21 pm
Dr. Jamie Bondage says...

Matt was getting at the crew. They were tormenting a poor girl. He couldn't do anything, though. He saw her get mad. he growled.

"The boy is my new recruit. anyone else that has a problem with him can take it up with me." He hissed.

the men quickly went back to their jobs. he sighed. How was he going to keep this up?

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:34 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Dusty was glad that he stood up for her because she was getting really annoyed of it. When she heard the cook ring a bell she was sorer then she'd ever been. Her shoulders were killing her along with her hands and knees. SHe stood up slowly and looke dfor the guy. She'd heard someone call him Matt. She wasn't sure what she was aloowed to do. All she knew was that she wanted to go see Pery and make sure she was ok. She'd go without eating if that was the only way to see her young dragon.

*ugh*
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

79 Reviews

Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:44 pm

Matt spotted Dusty. She seemed sore and tired. well...she needed to get used to it. He sighed and walked over to her. "Come boy, follow me."

he led her back down to where she had been hiding. "I figured you wanted to see your dragon." He said kindly.

She looked around for her dragon, and saw her snuggling with Midnight. Matt chuckled. It was cute. midnight had been alone for so long. It was good he finally had someone.

matt looked over at dusty to see what she thought. While she went to her dragon, Matt dragged out some raw meat for the two hungry dragons.

110 Reviews

Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:06 am
TNCowgirl says...

Pery ran over to Dusty when she saw her. "Hey, baby." Dusty whispered picking up the small dragon and kissing the top of her head. Pery bumped her shoulder and then hissed. Pery knew everything Dusty felt or thought by touch.

"here is some food." Matt said. Pery glanced at him and cocked her head then hissed.

"Hush." Dusty hissed.

**Tears**
Want a Readers crit???

79 Reviews

Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:15 am

Matt sighed. "You donzt like me, do you?" He asked Dusty.

"What?"

"You hate my guts. If you donzt want to be here, you shouldn't have hopped on my ship. I have to be mean up there. They expect me too. and I'm sorry if your not used to he work. that's just how it goes. You aren't in a nice little house where you have servants to do your bidding. Izm sorry about everything, Miss Dusty. But you donzt have much choice." He said harshly. he was kinda getting tired of the looks this girl had been giving him when he was just trying to help!

110 Reviews

Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:22 am
TNCowgirl says...

Dusty crossed her arms and clenched her jaw. "YOU know nothing! Yes, I wish I hadn't been so rash, no I don't hate you. But I don't like you either. YOu didn't have to be as mean as you did, but I understand. Your the one being a total jerk up there." She crossed her arms. "I had to cut my hair, you don't understand how long I worked on keeping my hair. I could've braided it and stuck it in a hat, but no I had to chop it off. If I'm going to be treated like hell then I might as well take my chances with them knowing I'm a girl. I can fend for myself!"

*tears*
Want a Readers crit???

79 Reviews

Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:31 am

Matt laughed. "You think you can take on a whole ship of pirates? do you know how much training just one of them has had?! Do you even have a weapon? A pistol? I doubt it. sweety, if you think you can walk up on deck and defend yourself, go ahead. if you die, Izll take care of your dragon."

He went over to his dragon, touched him, then went up the stairs, and into the mess hall, grabbing food to fill up his stomach.

110 Reviews

Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:47 am
TNCowgirl says...

Dusty held Pery close who was hissing harshly at Matt's retreating back. His dragon walked over to her and touched her shoulder. Pery hissed and nipped at him.

You should trust him. She heard a deep voice in her head. He is smart, he is just trying ot protect you.

"I don't care!" She hissed holding Pery closer.

Give it a chance. She pulled away from his touch and then walked away towards the stairs. Pery scurried down and hide when she got to the stairs.

"If anything happens to me then you get far from here, Pery." She said. She was going to follow along, but she wasn't sure.
Want a Readers crit???

79 Reviews

Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:01 am

Matt couldn't believe that girl! If she thought she could get along without him, then fine! He sighed. he liked her though. she was helpless. he couldn't shand not helping people. He knew he'd help her no matter what. he sighed and looked out over the ship. He did love the sea...but he loved his dragon more.

"She's just scared." a voice said in his head.

"Shut up." He hissed back.

110 Reviews

Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:17 am
TNCowgirl says...

Dusty slowly looked around.

"What you doing, boy?" A harsh voice said from behind her. She spun around and looked at a pirate behind her.

"L-l-looking for the food." She said in a deep voice keeping her eyes down.

*tears*
Want a Readers crit???

79 Reviews

Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:39 am

Matt saw one of the pirates talking to Dusty.He waited. she'd said she didnzt need his help...He sighed.

"Come this way, boy." Matt said, waiting to see if she would or not.

110 Reviews

Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:39 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Dusty swallowed and looked at Matt. She walked towards him ignornig the pirate behind her. She needed to stay alive for Pery.

"I thought you were going to fend for yourself." He said half smiling.

"I don't trust you not to kill Pery." She whispered.
Want a Readers crit???

79 Reviews

Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:33 pm

Matt sighed. "Fine." He led her into the mess hall, where all the pirates usually ate. Matt often opted to eat in his cabin instead, and he figured that's what dusty would prefer.

"Grab food and be quick. then follow me." He said.

He wasn't too hungry, but he knew she was probably starving. He waited while she timidly got some of the nasty looking gruel that was considered dinner for the crew. Then she followed him to his cabin. He opened the door, then closed it. It was small, but there was one bed. He had a desk on one side, and a closet on the other.

He turned away from her, and went over to his desk, taking out maps and charts, trying to plan their next destination. He knew where his father wanted to go...but that was the last place Matt wanted. It was an illegal breeding ground for Dragons and his dad wanted to buy some, then slaughter them. Matt couldn't stand for that. He had convinced the crew that they needed a vacation, somewhere tropical. An island. They had agreed. Now he was trying to find the perfect spot...

He looked over at Dusty. she was still beautiful despite her short hair. He actually thought her short hair looked good...He sighed. He needed to focus. She was just a ditraction.

110 Reviews

Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:40 pm
TNCowgirl says...

****This is her http://lleayhe.deviantart.com/art/Pirate-91926955 just not in those clothes. ****

Dusty ate the food trying not to think about how gross it looked. She glanced up and looked at Matt who was looking at the maps. She looked back down at her hands. She wanted on land and away from everyone. She didn't get along with humans. Pery was the only one that was ever there for her.

Why had he thoguht he was some rich man's daughter. She was one of the lowliest servents in a house and had found Pery's egg then taken care of the dragon until they were both in danger. She finished the foood and then took a deep breath.

"Now what?"
Want a Readers crit???

79 Reviews

Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:49 pm

Matt was snapped out of his task by her question. "Rest. Sleep. You'll need it. Tomorrow you'll have a lot of work to do. I'd suggest that you get a lot of sleep." He bent back over his maps, trying to not think about how cute and beautiful the girl behind him was.

Noelle, you can lead a writer to their computer and give them coffee, but you can't make them write.
— CowLogic