z

Young Writers Society

The Last Thing

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:36 am
.:Echelon:. says...

The last thing

It was 6:30am when I was on the plane with my dear mother Emma. Who just sat there worried I wouldn’t find new friends in the town of Leicester in England. I had been dying to meet the tea drinking English men with there posh accents. My mum sat there looking out of the window at the streets below, she looked alot like me. She had the same coloured hair, big green eyes, ruby red lips and pure white skin but her black hair was short and wrapped around her face. I knew what she was thinking in her head, kit was like I could read her mind. She wanted to know if Charlie would ever feel the way he did about her that he felt when they visited England last. Charlie was my father but also the father of my younger brother Joe who had lived with him. Last time I had seen Joe he was 7 years old and a little brat but my dad told me that he was very well behaved now and looked a lot different. He’s two years younger than me and I’m 15 now. My mother turned around to me.

“You don’t have to do this Em” She said as she stroked my hair, “I cant just wreck your life because I want to be with your dad”

She had done it already, I had already told my friends I was leaving, I had already gone through the pain.

“Mum, don’t say that now” I said as stopped her from saying my nickname ‘Em’ again, “I have already been through this, were staying in England and its final”

Emma nodded her head and leaned back. The good thing about Emma was that she didn’t stay on the subject and turn it into an argument.

It was 10 hours later when we arrived at Leicester air port. As we walked out I saw an emo boy with massive blue eyes, a boy wearing indie clothes and longish hair and my dad. I couldn’t help but look at the boys eyes; they were so bright and beautiful. He stared back at me. Then I felt a little uneasy. His eyes were so unnatural, like nothing I had seen. I looked away. ‘Don’t look at him Emily’ she thought to herself.

“Sister!” Said the young indie boy as he wrapped his arms around me. I stayed stiff then looked at him as he let go. Joe had changed a lot.

“Well Joe you have changed” I smiled and said in my American accent, “and your accent, very nice”

Charlie kept looking over, not knowing what to do. I knew he didn’t feel comfortable. What was I to do except something he wouldn’t think I’d do.

“Charlie daddy” I smiled as I gave him a big hug.

“Hey blossom” he grinned as he returned the hug, “By the way this is Joe’s mate Shane”

Charlie pointed at the boy that I couldn’t keep my eyes off before. As she looked at him he breathed ever so heavily, like he was about to have an asthma attack.

“Shane?” Joe said as he watched his friend, “are you ok?”

Shane looked up at me and smiled, “Yeah I’ll be fine just smelt something bad”

Was it me that smelt bad? This hurt my feelings as he was obliviously pointing the blame at me. I gritted my teeth, no pretty boy was going to make me feel this way.

A few minutes later me, Emma, Charlie, Joe and Shane sat in Charlie’s old truck. In the back sat me, Joe and Shane in that order. It was very stuffy and there wasn’t much space. As we began to drive it was deathly quite and Shane just stared at me. His bright blue eyes just watched me. I felt as though he was sending me something, messages. ‘Emily listen to me, I mean you no harm’ I heard to but tried to ignore.

*Yes your Shane, I got the names mixed up but sorted now, night night october*
Every rose has it's thorn..
Just like every night has it's dawn.

I've matured a lot and I realised it was time to come back.. for good!

203 Reviews

Reviews: 203
Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:46 am
October Girl says...

Shane didn't really know who she was, Joe's older sister? Shane was Joe's best friend and he was older than both brother and sister. Shane took out his cell and texted Chandra back, he didn't want anything to do with that bleach blonde cheerleader, he had his eyes more likely on Em, had her mother called her?
Yeah, well Shane liked her, ALOT. But Shane felt she'd been giving him the bit of the cold shoulder and trust me, he was starting to feel chilly himself.
We're meant to be one
I know we are...
If I am the Sky
Then you are my star... ™

28 Reviews

Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:13 pm

*ok well I think that Shane soul be a vampire :p, I tried to describe him as that*

203 Reviews

Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:46 pm
October Girl says...

**wait.... what?**
We're meant to be one
I know we are...
If I am the Sky

28 Reviews

Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:57 am

*Shane is a Vampire, I like to go with the theme from this video. http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=3esKbQK58 ... re=channel *

I could see a look of hate in his eyes like I had done something to hurt him. [i]Im sorry[/i] I thought but looked over at Shane and he looked at me with a sigh. "Can you hear me" I heard his voive in my head. I looked through my black hair at him. His eyes turned navy blue and blood dizzled out of his nose. He looked tense like he was trying really hard to get me to listen. "How can I hear you" I said in my mind sending it to him.

Joe intrerupted my thoughts,"Shane...Your nose is bleeding"

He stopped look tense and touched his nose. "Oh I didnt notice" He smiled as Emma passed him a tissue and he whipped the dark red blood from his petite nose. His features were perfect, his soft pink lips and bright blue eyes.

A few minutes later we arrived at an old house with dusky windows. It was quite nice but the walls were cobbled and spider webs hung in the corners of windows. Charlie lead us through to show us our rooms. as normal I had the small room. As I walked in memoires of my kitten Shadow, my big teddy that my first boyfriend in primary school had gave me and a picture of me and my old friend James hung on the wall.

"You Souldn't be friends with that James.... Hes trouble" Shane said as he stood behind me.

"What do you mean trouble"I said as I turned around. The center of his lips turned into a dark red as he went to reply.

"Theres just something about him thats dangous" He said,"And I dont want him to hurt you"

I wondered why he cared about me so much, what was so special about me. Blood spiled from his lips as he bit them.

"Shane... You lip"

There was a terrible silence after that but he didnt leave and he just looked at me. with them same pure blue eyes.

Joe walked into the room,

"Guys were going to visit the school. We've got to go visit Miss Darby to fill in Em's info" He said as we both turned over to look at him.

I was the first to get out of the room and down into the car. This Shane was strange and I was scared what to think.

28 Reviews

Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:02 am

Shane
Attachments
l_4b9cea297932896b76650d2d1ba9559e.jpg
l_4b9cea297932896b76650d2d1ba9559e.jpg (79.18 KiB) Viewed 121 times

28 Reviews

Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:04 am

Emily
Attachments
hehee.jpg
hehee.jpg (56.12 KiB) Viewed 120 times

203 Reviews

Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:21 am
October Girl says...

sorry I was moving!!**

Shane tried to keep her out of his thoughts in any way possible, but it felt impossible. Why? Why him? He sat in the car, holding his breath, as if he'd need it to survive. He stood completely still, he could feel her fear it was coming off of her in waves.

"Are you OK?" she asked.

"Peachy." he laughed scaractically.
We're meant to be one
I know we are...
If I am the Sky

28 Reviews

Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:07 pm

"Okay" she smiled and looked back her hands that she held in her lap. She really didn't feel like smiling but couldn't make her thoughts make everyone else feel uneasy. He smiled back at her. They sat quietly untill Charlie entered the car.

"Okay were gonna drop Shane off after me and your mother has talked to miss Darby"

After the parents had been in school they came and sat back in the car. "There is something I need to tell you Joe" Emma said as she got comfy in the car seat.

"You and your mum are going to america" Charlie said to the kids as they stared in shoke at there parents. The rest of ride was quite till they got to Shanes house which was a quiet modern house near the forest. 'Bye Em' She heard in her head. as he stepped out of the car.

203 Reviews

Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:41 am
October Girl says...

i don't get it ech, lol*** :lol: :oops:
We're meant to be one
I know we are...
If I am the Sky

28 Reviews

Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:25 am

ok shane is sending Emily messages in her head, joe and his mum are moving back to america.... and well shane has just went to go in his house.

203 Reviews

Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:11 am
October Girl says...

oh ok lol sorry**

Shane stood at the pouch of his house, he could hear Emily's thoughts, he felt his lips curl on the left. He didn't want to freak her out in any type of way. "Trust me, I could be your best friend, or I can become your worst enemy." he pushed into her mind and was more than satisfied when she gasped in response.

"Ever heard of privacy?" she asked.

He gave a huff of a laugh. "Heard of it, but don't really care for it." he laughed into her mind.
We're meant to be one
I know we are...
If I am the Sky

28 Reviews

Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:56 pm

She laughed out loud, giggleing to herself. Joe looked at her wierd before getting out and hugging his friend goodbye.

"You better come bac and meet me" Shane smiled but Joe looked pretty upset.

"You bet i will" Joe said as he stopped a tear from his eye. he would be going tonight. shane looked over at Emily and she felt as tho he was controling were she looked. Like her eyes were stuck on his gaze.

The engine roared to life as Joe pushed himself into the car.

Later when my mom and Joe had left for the phane I sat in my room, staring at the ceiling. It was my first day at school tomorrow and I was dreading it. I suddenly jumped up as I heard a tapping at my window. It was Shane.

"How did you get there" I asked as he stepped though.

He ignored the question and asked his own, "Thinking about me again wernt you" He grinned a slanted smile.

"Whats so bad about James" I asked doing the same and avoided the question.

"Dont you no, I could hear what he was thinking when he saw me walking into this house. He was watching you Emily" As he got closer

"What was he saying? what could you hear?" She was as close to him now, they nearly touched.

Shane backed away. Like she smelt or something.

"Do you no how good you smell, I cant resist you" He moved closer again kissing her neck.

"Shane! answer me?" She said as he contiued.

"Do you really have to be so annoying and ask? He was thinking about you in ways you cant imagine. His dirty thoughts burned my head"

203 Reviews

Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:24 pm
October Girl says...

Shane **I'm not really sure whats going on here, who's James? And Shane is nothing like that Ech lol**

Shane stepped away from Emily. "Trust me if he had thought one more thing I would have ripped him into shreds and enjoyed every waking second of it." he grinned.

"You wouldn't" she gasped.

"No, of course not infront of you. I am not that stupid, Emily." he said hugging her, tightly
We're meant to be one
I know we are...
If I am the Sky

28 Reviews

Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:55 pm

[quote=".:Echelon:."]as normal I had the small room. As I walked in memoires of my kitten Shadow, my big teddy that my first boyfriend in primary school had gave me and a picture of me and my old friend James hung on the wall.

"You Souldn't be friends with that James.... Hes trouble" Shane said as he stood behind me.

"What do you mean trouble"I said as I turned around. The center of his lips turned into a dark red as he went to reply.

"Theres just something about him thats dangous" He said,"And I dont want him to hurt you"

I wondered why he cared about me so much, what was so special about me. Blood spiled from his lips as he bit them.

"Shane... You lip"

There was a terrible silence after that but he didnt leave and he just looked at me. with them same pure blue eyes.

Joe walked into the room,

"Guys were going to visit the school. We've got to go visit Miss Darby to fill in Em's info" He said as we both turned over to look at him.

I was the first to get out of the room and down into the car. This Shane was strange and I was scared what to think.[/quote]

"Shane can I ask you something" She said as he held her in her arms.

"Anything" He replied smiling.

"Why are we so close so fast, why do you have these feelings for me and why do i have them for you" She questioned,

"I dont no Em" He said.

She moved back.

"i dont even no you" She replied back angry

"Em?"

"But why did I so easily fall for you"

As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say. I just watch what they do.
— Andrew Carnegie