z

Young Writers Society

Attraverso L'emarginato

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:58 am
AyumiGosu17 says...

Travien gave Aurora a reassuring squeeze before addressing the dragoness.

It's good to see you, Sori. But...what are you doing here? What about Ronar?

I'm glad to see you alive! I had hoped to find you, to check on you... But, I wasn't sure... After last night, I... I didn't know if you would survive or not!

And here I am!

Yes. With a human. Who is she? What does she want?

Sori, please, calm down. She means us no harm. She's more afraid of you than you are of her, and she actually has a reason to be scared!

Sori snorted, showing slight interest as she continued to study Aurora. Even as Travien thought about what to say next, how to explain Aurora's situation, he saw the dragoness put on a more welcoming and gentle air.

Gorton slaughtered her family...in front of her eyes. She was only nine, a small child.

Sori whined when he finished, and lowered her muzzle toward the girl. Aurora tried to withdraw, whining in fear, but Travien held her firmly, reassuringly. When Aurora relaxed, Sori licked the girl on the face.

"Aurora, this is Sori, one of my friends. She's completely harmless, as you can see." Travien couldn't help but chuckle as Aurora wiped the dragon's saliva off her face.
"Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery." Timothy 4:14 KJV

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:29 am
Dr. Jamie Bondage says...

Aurora brightened immediately. she was actually very friendly to magical creatures...that is when she knew they wouldn't kill her. she threw her arms around the dragon's neck and kissed her head. She then floated back to Travien with a big grin.

"It's nice to meet you. I'm Aurora."

She still held on tight to Travien though. she didn't want to let him go. She liked the feel of his skin touching hers. It felt right...natural even.

She sghed and smiled at th dragon happily.

164 Reviews

Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:47 am
AyumiGosu17 says...

Sori glanced at Travien. She is very energetic. Are you sure her family was murdered by dragons?

I'm quite certain. I read her memory myself! Travien responded, completely bewildered by the sudden change in the girl. He would ask her about it later... For now, he wanted to do something he had never done before, not even as a dragon. Sori, can I ask you something?

Go ahead.

Would you let us ride on your back?

She snorted, withdrawing abruptly. She looked at Travien, completely shocked, before gradually relaxing. Well...I don't see why not. It would be awkward...

Of course. But I thank you anyway, my friend.

She crooned, laying on her stomach so her shoulder was even with Travien's head. The young dragon only stood about twenty feet at the peak of her shoulder. When Aurora glanced at Travien, confused, he gleefully explained. "We're going riding. Care to join me?"
"Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery." Timothy 4:14 KJV

79 Reviews

Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:56 pm

Aurora bit her lip, but then nodded. Travien extended her had and then helped her up. She sat in the front, and he grabbed a hold of her waist.

she blushed but leaned back into him. it felt good...his hands holding her securely.

"Why are we going for a ride?" she asked curiously. She didn't understand what they were doing, but she knew she wanted to be with Travien. So...she would go with him.

164 Reviews

Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:03 pm
AyumiGosu17 says...

He shrugged as Sori gently rose, turning toward the ledge. "Just because. Are you scared?"

She nodded. "A little."

He held her tighter, placing a kiss on her cheek as Sori broke into a run, wings outstretched. Aurora whimpered when they were suddenly propelling through the air, nothing beneath them but Sori. But even as they took off, he felt her fear wash away as they flew over the forest and hills, through low-hanging clouds.

"See? It's perfectly safe," Travien said as Sori began to glide.

79 Reviews

Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:11 pm

Aurora was amazed at everything underneath her. It was gorgeous! But she was still scared about being up this high.

She looked back over her shoulder and whimpered. "Donzt let go!" she begged, feeling his arms around her.

"Where are we going?" she asked curiously, despite herself.

164 Reviews

Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:16 pm
AyumiGosu17 says...

Travien chuckled as he relayed the question to Sori. Where are we going?

She crooned, making her body seem to vibrate with the sound. Aurora giggled at the sensation. How about Crystal Peak? It's a lovely view.

That it is! How long until we get there?

At this rate, about midday.

Then off we go! He turned back to Aurora. "We're going to a very special place. Ever heard of Crystal Peak?"

79 Reviews

Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:25 pm

Aurora still hook her head, her wild curls bouncing in front of Travien.

"Opps. sorry. I did't mean to get hair in your mouth. i've never been there. How did you know this...dragon? Or dragoness? Anyways, how do you know her? From what I've heard, they're very independent, free thinking, and untamable. I assume she's not your pet...so...wha is she?"

aurora looked at him curiously. she had only heard of a few people who had rode dragons. and they weren't in control of the. The dragons had willingly allowed it. Like...a partnership.

Aurora waited for his answer.

164 Reviews

Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:33 pm
AyumiGosu17 says...

Travien faltered. He felt Sori trying to sort through his thoughts even as he struggled for a good answer...

He sighed. It was time. It was time she knew. "Aurora...I know Sori because we grew up together."

Aurora's eyes narrowed, confusion in her gaze. "What do you mean?"

"We were den mates. Aurora...I'm not human. I'm not even humanoid. My patriarch turned me into a human as punishment...for my interest in humans." He swallowed, hard. "I'm a dragon, too."

79 Reviews

Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:43 pm

Aurora stiffened in his arms. She felt her eyes water. It hurt. She had been lied to. Why was she so upset? Because she loved him. Because she thought he loved her too. Because she had finally found a friend tht was her species...

She felt like she couldn't breathe. She tried not to cry.

"Aurora..." Travien asked. "Say something."

I shook my head. If I wasnzt so scared of hights, I'd have him let go.

"I donzt know what to say." I whispered softly. I looked dow at the ground...and kept my mouth shut, not know what to do.

164 Reviews

Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:28 pm
AyumiGosu17 says...

Travien felt bad about it. He had lost her trust, he could tell, and it hurt. He knew that she had considered him a friend, maybe even fallen in love with him. And seeing her disappointed, broken hearted...

"I'm sorry," he whispered as Sori began a slow descent. "I really am. I wanted to tell you sooner, but... I was afraid. I will admit, I was terrified when I woke up and saw you. I didn't know what had happened, where I was, or what was going on. I didn't know how you would react, if you knew what I was."

He sighed, staring at her back. "But now I know who you are, and what kind of person you are. I am comfortable with you, around you, which is a rare thing for me. And I intend to keep my promise, whether you welcome me or not."

Sori crooned as a flat, wide mesa came into view. It was much taller than any other formation, and, in the middle, was a mineral deposit of emeralds. It was Crystal Peak.

Listen to him, dear, Sori spoke to Aurora's mind. If anyone knows Travien, I do. And he is not a bad dragon - well, person. What he says, he means, and he would never intentionally hurt someone unless he had no other choice. Okay?

79 Reviews

Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:55 pm

Aurora nodded to the dragon under her. "It'll just take...some time." She breathed, chocking on her own words. She just couldn't believe that this had happened to her. She knew she probably should've seen this coming, but she hadn't. It hurt. But she cared about Travien and wasn't a person to hold tons of grudges.

Aurora finally looked down and gasped. It was so beautiful! She had never seen anything luke it. She smiled then, her face radiating with sunshine, no evidence of her past showing underneath it's surface. She turned her head and kissed Travien with a giggle. "Thank you for bringing me here. It's beautiful. Sorry for freaking out...I just didn't expect..." She shook her head, curls bouncing again. "Thank you." Then she blushed.

She looked down at the dragon they were riding on. "Did you two mate?" She asked curiously. "Or anyone else?" She whispered, afraid to hear his answer.
"This kind of love is not a product of reasonings and statics--it just comes-none knows whence-and can't explain itself. And doesn't need to." Mark Twain

164 Reviews

Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:09 am
View Likes
AyumiGosu17 says...

**How old is Aurora? About sixteen or seventeen?**

Travien chuckled when Sori snorted, a little chirp of surprise escaping her muzzle. "No, we haven't mated with anyone yet. In dragon society, we're old enough to do so, but...illegally, as it were."

Sori landed on the mesa, but Travien and Aurora didn't move. She was interested in his explanation.

"It's...kind of hard to explain. It will take time, days to touch on every topic in this particular part of our society, but you can at least know the basics. Dragons aren't considered adults until they reach age twenty-five, which is about thirty two in human years. I'm only twenty, while Sori is sixteen."

Which would put him at about seventeen in your terms, and I would only be fourteen. Sori added.

79 Reviews

Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:16 am

Aurora looked at the gigantic dragon under her in utter shock. "Thirteen?!" She asked dazed.

The two dragons just laughed at her.

She smiled brightly. Then looked down at the ground sadly. "How does it work? The whole mating thing? Can..." she bit her lip so scared. "Is it possible... for a dragon to...Oh gosh. Um..." She tried to laugh. She just couldn't ask. She loved him so much! What if the answer was no?! What if he didn't like her that way?! That was a worse thought! She groaned inwardly.

Aurora saw Sori looking at her intently. Did she know? Was Aurora being so apparent that her love for this stranger was clearly written on her face?! She wanted to cry and run. But this time there was no where to run. She was being reduculous. Travien wouldn't want to be with her. The only reason they had met was because he was being punished!

She looked down as a single tear slipped down her face. "It...it's truly beautiful here." She said softly, trying to get the spotlight off of her.
"This kind of love is not a product of reasonings and statics--it just comes-none knows whence-and can't explain itself. And doesn't need to." Mark Twain

164 Reviews

Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:11 pm
AyumiGosu17 says...

Travien sensed her emotions, sensed her pain and anger. He helped her down, onto the mesa, and stood with her. He wrapped an arm around her, holding her back against him.

"I don't know everything," Travien said softly. "But there are some rare instances where a human does something to gain a dragon's trust and even affection - saving its life, taking care of it, raising a hatchling. Our adults refer to it as Impression, but the thought disgusts them. My clan is one to believe in dragons with dragons, humans with humans. Any cross-association is good enough to be banished for."

"Like you?" Her voice was still soft, almost trembling, but Travien caught a trace of hope.

"Yes, like me. But it doesn't mean it can't and won't happen."

They stood there, silent, for a while. Travien kept his arms hooked around her waist, letting her lean back into him, resting against him. Sori relaxed and lay down on the stone beside them, watching her two companions.

Do you love him? Sori asked of Aurora.

Aurora tried not to give herself away. She nodded.

You can answer me by thinking what you want to say. I'll understand it as clearly as if you had spoken directly.

Really?

Yes. Now, do you really love him?

Yes! I've never known anyone like him, or felt anything like this before! But...I'm afraid. I don't want to be pushed aside anymore...

It's okay. If you just listen to what he says, you'll know. I have good reason to believe you may have Impressed him. And when a dragon is Impressed, he or she will never leave your side, and - if your genders are opposite - he or she will more than likely learn to transform, take on human characteristics, and become your mate.

**How's that for foreshadowing? lol I gotta go. I gotta leave for school.

MY HEAD STILL HURTS!!! Gosh!**

Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others.
— Groucho Marx