z

Young Writers Society

A Wolf's Howl

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:10 am
AyumiGosu17 says...

***Sorry I've been gone. Friday, my grandmother was put in the hospital because her potassium level was extremely low, then Saturday was spent all day babysitting, and then Sunday I stayed with David all day - literally XD - and today I was with ROTC all day before going on a little hunting adventure. It was very amusing; my aunt and I walked three miles only to literally climb into a tree and hunt from up in a tree; then she got the truck stuck up to the axels in mud (on the way back to the house) XD ***

Jay watched her walked away, moving smoothly and gracefully. The other wolves all just wagged their tails, laying lazily on top of Jay's legs. He was pinned good.

He waited until Julia closed the door and turned on the water before addressing Joel. "Thanks for breaking my door down, you big nutt."

The white wolf barked right in Jay's face before Joel materialized out of the form. "You're quite welcome. But tell me..." he glanced at the bathroom door before whispering, "what did we miss?"

"None of your business!" Jay laughed. He couldn't help it; last night had been great, too great.

Joel grinned. He understood, whether Jay liked it or not. That made Jay growl - playfully, of course - and tackle Joel off the bed, wrestling with him on the floor.
"Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery." Timothy 4:14 KJV

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:23 am
C.J. Mustang says...

**That's okay. ^_^ I ended up missing my Drill Meet. :P we got 3rd for unarmed and 5th for armed. I hope nobody's mad at me for missing it.**

Julia ran the water, taking off her underwear and Jay's shirt. She carefully stepped over the edge of the tub, wincing. The inside of her thighs were majorly sore; she turned on the hot water, letting it ease the aching. There was a small window in the shower that faced the front yard. She looked out and saw big men walking up to the house. Suddenly one of them stopped, looking up at her. He glared and stared her in the eyes, causing Julia's blood to run cold. It's the wolf we saw before!

Julia ducked, making sure her head didn't get any higher than the bottom of the window. She yanked a towel off the towel rack, wrapping it around herself. She yanked the door open. "Uh, Jay--some of your buddies are here, and it doesn't look like they're too happy!"
Sorry, I don't have any leeches on my speed dial.
~Jacob Black

164 Reviews

Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:12 am
AyumiGosu17 says...

Jay and Joel stopped wrestling as there was a loud knock on the door downstairs. The rest of the pack shifted back to their human forms, all watching Jay and Joel attentively. What now?

Jay stood, pulling a pair of blue jeans on. "Stay here," he commanded his mate as he left the room, Joel, Mike, and Blake right behind him.

Tyler didn't even wait for them to answer the door. The pack entered the living room to find Tyler standing, with three of his own packmates - Grey, Jason, and Kyle, at that. Four baddies against four baddies.

"What do you want, Tyler?" Jay asked, voice firm.

"You know what I want, and I have an ultimatum." Jay waited. "Get rid of the human, or we're at war. Pack to pack. Hell, you could even just let me take her; you know I'll get rid of her sorry, useless - "

Jay snarled, and Joel cut in front of him.
"Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery." Timothy 4:14 KJV

38 Reviews

Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:19 pm
C.J. Mustang says...

"Listen, we're not gonna fight you," Joel said, still standing in front of Jay who shook with anger. "Just leave our pack alone in peace. We've always been there for you guys when you were in some kind of a rut, just like you've been there for us. You're practically our brothers. There's no sense in destroying that."

Tyler yanked his chin upwards. "With her involved? That's a problem. See, we may be like family, but families don't let families become a risk factor at getting exposed. With her here, we will." Tyler's eyes shot to the staircase where Julia had sneaked to. He wrinkled his nose, and his eyes went wide. "You mated with her?" he asked Jay, enraged. "Your stench is all over her! I can't smell any trace of human on her!"
~Jacob Black

164 Reviews

Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:36 am
AyumiGosu17 says...

Jay felt his face redden as all eyes - wide and the other half of them disgusted - turned to him. He tightened his fist, an action that kept him from transforming ninety-percent of the time.

"So what if I did? That's my choice, not yours!" he snapped back.

"Have you no idea how serious this is?! You mated with a fucking human!"

"So. What. It's my life, my pack, my pack's beliefs, and my freedom to choose. I know I can trust her to keep her mouth shut - "

"Bullshit - "

" - and there is nothing you or your brainwashed, crack-head cronies can do about it!"

Tyler was shaking in anger, her teeth already sharpening to fine points. His eyes began to get that wolfish glaze to them. Grey was also beginning to shake, his own fists clenched.

"Jay, stop it. Cool off. It's not worth a fight," Mike whispered, shifting so that he stood between Julia and the action, just in case. "We can figure this out. We can talk to the Elders..."

"Elders can't pasify Tyler. Nothing can. He'll go against the Elders' words if it's not how he sees fit," Blake responded, loud enough for everyone to hear.

38 Reviews

Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:21 am
C.J. Mustang says...

**I might be failing my math class. T__T That's not good! I have to be passing all my classes for me to even be considered for a staff position for next year; Why did they have to do promotion applications at the end of the semester, when all the finals are?! Every math test I take I don't pass on the first try, I always have to take it one more time! T___T :cry: This sucks. Big time.**

"It's worth a try," Joel said. "We have to talk to the Elders. If it gets too bad, we have to talk with all of the Were-Elders." He glared at Tyler. "You aren't to make that big of a deal out of this, are you, that we have to go to the Were-Elders, and not just the Wolf Elders?"

Tyler's upper lip curled up into snarl. "It shouldn't even go to the Elders at all, Wolf or Were! This is our business, not theirs!"

Julia moved more towards the middle of the top staircase, trying to get a better view of the argument. She was desperate to help, to do something, anything, but her mind couldn't come up with anything useful. She wanted the other pack to just leave in peace, for Jay to come back upstairs so he could hold her in his arms. She was so scared the other wolves would suddenly appear right in front of her and cut her to pieces. Julia clutched her towel tightly around herself, trying to stop her hands from trembling.
~Jacob Black

164 Reviews

Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:49 pm
AyumiGosu17 says...

***I can't post right now; homeroom is almost over. But do you need help in your math class? You could say I'm the "math genius" of my class...You're in Algebra II or what?***

38 Reviews

Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:41 pm
C.J. Mustang says...

** lol thank you! ^_^ you're so nice. I'm in Geometry, but part of the reason that I'm failing is that I don't pay attention sometimes--which is very rare. My cell phone shut off!! I was texting someone, and then someone else sent me a text, and my phone froze! None of the buttons will work! So now I got two people waiting for an answer from me and I can't text them back! All of my contacts and stuff are most likely lost, so I won't be able to talk to them until Monday. T_T**
~Jacob Black

164 Reviews

Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:19 am
AyumiGosu17 says...

***Oh, okay. Man, that stuff is so easy! But, just PM me any problems you have trouble with, and I'll help you out. 'Kay? :) Yeah, my phone does that sometimes. Here's something you can do; open the back and rip the battery out, then plug it back in. It should restart your phone and make it work. Or have you tried holding your power button? That might help. Personally, I hate it when phones do that; mine will shut itself off and reboot after every fifth text I send. Stupid...***

Jay growled; he could sense Julia's fear. No doubt she was trembling at the moment, paralyzed in terror...

"If you won't go to the Elders, I will," Jay snarled. "And you know the laws: you make a move before the meeting is held, and you'll be in a hell of a lot of trouble."

Tyler growled. "You have no idea what hell is like. And you've got hell coming." He pointed at the stairwell, where Julia was. "Get rid of her by midnight, or else - "

The front door flew open, then, slamming hard against the wall. "Tyler. Take your bonehead packmates and get out. Now."

Jay felt everyone else sigh in relief; it was Cole. But Jay couldn't relax; he was too angry, too ready to fight. He was shaking in his rage.

38 Reviews

Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:29 am
C.J. Mustang says...

**Lol, I took the battery out right after I posted, and it worked! yay! I'm so happy now. Just in case it goes off for good I put all my contacts on my laptop. ^_^ I'll definitely ask for your help if I need it in Geometry. Thanks.**

Tyler felt the same way Jay did; he was too pumped up. Nonetheless, he followed directions--no one ever messed with an alpha, no matter which pack they were from. There was a reason why they were in the alpha position, and they would prove it in a heartbeat.

"This isn't over," Tyler growled as he stalked out of the house, making sure to give Cole a wide birth and keep his head down. Tylers' packmates did the same, following right behind.

Julia relaxed as soon as they were out of the house, slumping against the wall. She didn't realize how tense she had gotten. She looked down at Jay, remembering what Tyler had said. Your stench is all over her! I can't smell any trace of human on her! She stood shakily and walked downstairs.

"Jay?" she whispered when she stood next to him. The other packmates stood protectively close to her, and she could feel the tense yet calm air surrounding her. "Jay, it's okay. They left already. They're not coming back." She cautiously reached for Jay's tensed arm, wrapping her own arm around his when he didn't move. He didn't even so much as glance in her direction. She rested her forehead against him and looked at him when he shifted. "Are you okay? Speak to me, Jay. I'm worried."

Jay looked down at her and gently pried her arm from his, wrapping her in a tight hug, her arms pinned against their bodies.
~Jacob Black

164 Reviews

Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:48 pm
AyumiGosu17 says...

Jay felt his anger dissapating, He felt the tension relaxing. So...this is the key? She's my way of not losing control? How ironic...

Everyone was silent, watching the couple patiently as Jay's breathing slowed down, deepened, his heart rate dropping back to a normal range. His burning skin even lost its raging temperature.

When Jay finally looked up, he found Cole sitting in the chair next the them, watching them calmly.

"What was that about?" he asked.

"Tyler...doesn't like me having Julia as a mate," he explained. "He says she's too big a risk factor."

Julia shook her head. "But I'm not! I would never expose you guys!"

"I know," Cole nodded. "But Tyler is also very prejudiced. He came from a place across the continent; his mother was a human, and, after having an enormous fight with his father - a werewolf - she exposed their true identies to the region. In panic, the whole pack, except for Tyler, was wiped out."

38 Reviews

Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:06 am
C.J. Mustang says...

A pit grew inside Julia's stomach, but it was soon replaced with lightness. "Jay," she said as she looked up at him. "Maybe we could show him that it won't happen this time."

"We're gonna have to, if we don't want him to become a threat."

**Grr. Writers block. When are we doing the thing with Dynamo, by the way?**
~Jacob Black

164 Reviews

Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:49 pm
AyumiGosu17 says...

***He said 'after the current story arc' and that 'he'd tell us.' Drives me nuts...but we can go ahead and kind-of infer that, on this side of the story, it's starting to happen. I'll introduce Harrison shortly.***

***And you know proving this to Tyler is going to be hard, right? :lol: ***

"Have fun with that," one of the wolves muttered. And Jay wouldn't tell Julia that that was a true statement. It would be very hard to convince Tyler...

Tyler paced back and forth in the living room of his pack's house. It was a massive log cabin settled at the base of the mountain.

"Tyler, what are we going to do about this? They're weakening, faltering for the sake of a human," William growled. He was the biggest werewolf in the room, and also among the meanest.

"Exactly," Tyler hissed. "All they're doing is sitting there, taking up space. They're not good for anything as long as she's around. And she's the biggest threat of all! The day she gets away from them, that whole pack will be destroyed by her betrayal!"

There was a knock at the door, and a strange scent filled the air. Well, scents. It smelled strongly of cat. Tyler nodded at the door, and Lucan, another one of the big wolves, went to it. Opening it, however, gave them a new surprise. A werecat was leaning on the door frame.

"What do you want, werecat?"

"I saw your cabin," he stated cooly. "I heard your conversation...sounds like my own problem."

"Problem?"

"Yes... A human has taken my clan from me. I have tried to get it back from him on my own, but it has proven to be a very difficult task. Now, if you help me get my clan back, I'll help you get rid of the female. Sound fair?"

Tyler considered it, acting like he was not interested, but he could not help but smile. "You have a deal."
Last edited by AyumiGosu17 on Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

38 Reviews

Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:20 am
C.J. Mustang says...

**Yeah, I know it'll be hard. :) I wasn't planning on it being easy. :wink: **

"Jay, can we go get some breakfast?" Julia asked, resting her cheek on his chest. "I'm starving."

"Yeah. Let's go back upstairs, change into some clean clothes."

As Jay let go of her, Julia took his hand in hers and led him up the stairs and into his room.

"Where do you feel like going?" Jay asked, sitting on the bed.

Julia went into the bathroom and turned the still running shower off. "I don't know. You can choose if you want. Surprise me. I'm gonna borrow one of your shirts, okay? Mine's dirty." She grabbed her underwear and pants, slipping them on underneath the towel. "We're gonna have to make a stop at my house. I'm running out of clean clothes."
~Jacob Black

164 Reviews

Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:13 am
AyumiGosu17 says...

***Sorry! Sorry! Sorry! Sorry!! Sorry!!! Play practice takes up all my time, now! We practice Monday and Wednesday until 5:30, and Thursday from 5:30 to 8:00! Then I have band on Tuesday until 4:30, and Church Choir on Wednesday from 7:30 to 9:00!! ( :lol: It doesn't help the matter that I spend my Wednesday and Thursday afternoons between practice at my boyfriend's house. :lol: wink: ) SO SORRY!!!!!***

Jay groaned at that thought. "And your mother will want to see you. I don't think she appreciates me kidnapping you for a fortnight." He chuckled, wrapping an arm around her waist and snatching her over. She ended up in his lap, her body pressed to his. "Even though it was so nice..."

She purred thoughtfully, then remembered. They were not alone and she needed to go home. Jay sobered when he heard her sigh.

I will not condemn you for what you did yesterday, if you do it right today.
— Sheldon S. Maye