z

Young Writers Society

Write the story

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:02 pm
L says...

Ok, there is probably already one of these (but if there is, it does no harm to do another,) and i hope no one hates them, (which is slightly possible,) but this is the finish the story game!
I give one starting paragraph. It won't be very good, or very detailed. the next post has to be another paragraph, 2 lines minimum, and 6 lines maximum. It can be as wacky and zany as you wish, just DON'T FINISH THE STORY! My friend did it, and it was ruined!

Write something that can be carried on for the next person to do. (That is if anyone replies, oh no!)

Here it is:

He ran, and each time he hopped over the rocks in the long grass, wind pulled his body into the air. He took a quick look over his shoulder. There were loads of them....

(do whatever you want to it, if you want. Please do!)
Siggys' suck, I don't know what to say about myself. Doopeydoo...

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:38 am
Pushca says...

Larry cursed those damnable winged leeches. Whose idea had that been, anyway? Probably that wizards. Larry (or was it Gary? or Harry? he could never remember...) was going to kill that wizard. He jumped over another rock, the wind increasing tenfold, catching him and pulling him backward. He looked up dazedly, somewhat surprised to see...
"Nothing I could write would be as shocking and offensive as censorship itself." -Deb Caletti

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:26 am
Griffinkeeper says...

This is actually the definition of a storybook. Which, incidentally, is my favorite writing activity.

*Moved to the Storybook Section*
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:15 am
Via says...

Larry cursed those damnable winged leeches. Whose idea had that been, anyway? Probably that wizards. Larry (or was it Gary? or Harry? he could never remember...) was going to kill that wizard. He jumped over another rock, the wind increasing tenfold, catching him and pulling him backward. He looked up dazedly, somewhat surprised to see...

It raining cats and dogs...literally. A cat fell flat on his face, quickly prancing off and darting away. Larry ran for cover underneath a tall oak tree. He didn't know...
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

375 Reviews

Reviews: 375
Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:28 am
Dargquon Ql'deleodna says...

Which hot dog to use as bait to fend off the leeches when he remembered the summon he had learned, then quickly tossing the hot dogs aside he cast a spell and out from the tree trunk walked a huge man resembling Arnold Shwartzenegger...
Life's a B*tch, slap it upside the head.

Dargquon Ql'deleodna: (n) "Dar-qu-on Kel-del-ode-na" something i made up that sounded cool, partially based off of the Drow Drizzt Do'Urden's name style

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:29 am
Pushca says...

It worked perfectly. The wicked winged leeches swarmed the huge man resembling Arnold Shwartzenegger instantly. Larry did an Irish jig, gathered his hot dogs, and continued on. It wasn't long before he heard pounding footsteps, followed by flapping. He turned around to see the huge man resembling Arnold Shwartzenegger coming right at him. Being only a foot tall, Larry was terrified...
"Nothing I could write would be as shocking and offensive as censorship itself." -Deb Caletti

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:35 am
Via says...

...that a grasshopper would hop on top of him before he could get away from Arnold. Larry remembered the machine used in "Honey I Shrunk the Kids" and attempted to recall how it had worked in order to make himself bigger. But Larry...
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

378 Reviews

Reviews: 378
Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:57 am
sokool15 says...

...couldn't remember for the life of him. Besides, running across a field and trying to dodge blades of grass that were taller than him, knowing how to work a Shrink machine wouldn't do much good. He racked his brain for another way...ah! He had it! He stopped momentarily and out of his pocket he pulled a...
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
~Albert Einstein

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:10 am
Don Quixote says...

...a pair of stilts. After strapping the stilts to his legs, his previously puny one-foot height was transformed into a towering seven feet! This also increased his stride, allowing him to easily outrun the oncoming attackers... or so he thought...
By dabbing eternity with life we put the finger on energy. Thus: Life is finger lickin' good!

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:31 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

... After a rather badly-timed bright flash of obviously magical light, he found himself in the middle of a lake of chocolate. Surrounding him on the shores of the lake was the cast of Friends, who were beside themselves with excitement. 'Oh dear,' he began to think, before yet another badly-timed bright flash of obviously magical light resulted in Arnie landing next to him. Unfortunately for Larry, he appeared to be a good swimmer...
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:14 pm
ELven-Maiden says...

...And poor Larry wasn't. He started sinking, wallowing in the chocolate and gasping for air as Arnie came closer.
Then he felt something slimy wrap around his leg...
Give me time, i'll crit your work XD I promise.
GO HORACE!
I have some IA on Venus, but I don't know how long it'll last. my com's getting crushed.
"Show me a sane man and I will cure him for you."~Carl Jung, psychologist and psychiatrist.

378 Reviews

Reviews: 378
Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:22 am
sokool15 says...

...and looked to see...a piece of boiled cabbage. He could tell that it was boiled cabbage because it was green and slimy. Unfortunately for him, however, it was the toughest boiled cabbage in existence, and it wouldn't break no matter how hard he tugged. So he sat and watched Arnie bear down on him, huge muscles gleaming in the sun - until finally, as Arnie grew too close to watch and Larry had to shut his eyes from fear...
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
~Albert Einstein

48 Reviews

Reviews: 48
Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:22 am
Dark Lordess says...

"You left behind your leeches," Arnie shouted, "So I caught them and brought them back to you!" Thinking fast Larry reached into his pocket and pulled out a...
If you have to ask me why I write, you would never understand...

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Sat May 19, 2007 3:24 am
MadHatter says...

....leech begone spray that shot Arnie and the leeches back to who knows where. He laughed but was startled to see that Arnie was coming back with a...
Voldemort: You kids! If I ever find out who's calling I will tell the wizard law and you will go to wizard jail and then I'll kill you!

Harry Potter Puppet Pals - Wizard Swears

Every time someone steps up and says who they are, the world becomes a better, more interesting place.
— Captain Raymond Holt