z

Young Writers Society

Laurie Faraway.

Random avatar

Reviews: 241
Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:16 pm
Harley says...

Okay...I know my name sucks. My full name is Lorelai Wysteria Faraway, and it sorta suits me, but the wisecracks are incredibly irritating. They're not even funny, but, of course, Harry seems to think so. Ah, Harry... Brain the size of a peanut and the volcabulary of a lemming. Why did such good looks have to be wasted on such a dimwitted jerk? He and his cronies are always going around the school, making fun of the girls. Not that he doesn't have girlfriends; he has tons. And it's always those blonde cheerleader bimbo girls who wear the short skirts and little tight zip ups, too Still, I'm glad I don't have a crush on him, because he would break my heart.
Before I continue, I must tell you about myself. I am thirteen years old, and I live in New York. I am about... 5"4, and I am very thin. My hair is brown and straight, and my eyes are brown, too, like chocolate. My two best friends at school are Dawn and Tina. They are both pretty and smart, unlike me. I can barely scrape a pass in Maths, but for some strange reason they put me in the top class. I can do the sums, but not quickly.
Unfortunately, I have a crush on a boy I have a snowball's chance in hell with. His name is Reese, and he is in the year above me. I talk to him like all the time. We like the same music, same subjects, same everything! Today he said he liked my new baseball boots and I almost keeled over with pleasure (not literally, because that would be weird, but then again, so am I so it doesn't matter)
Last edited by Harley on Sun Apr 10, 2005 6:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Sun Feb 06, 2005 6:14 am
Willow says...

But the point is, he's out of my reach. I know this because both my best friends have it in for him, and to even admit having a crush on him would make things weird. Another obstacle blocking my way is that Reese sees me more as a sister than a close friend. I'm not even sure he sees me as a girl.
My life is a broken stair
Winding down a ruined tower
and leading no where

Random avatar

Reviews: 12
Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:27 am
Morgaine says...

He always jokes around with me punches me on the arm, but there's never any You look nice today! or I like your hair that way! no theres just Great game today! or can i borrow your eraser? mine's stuffed
The Narwhales Are Coming...
Beware

41 Reviews

Sun Apr 10, 2005 8:01 am
Willow says...

So what was I supposed to do?
I'm not radical or daring in any way. I never chase boys, not becuase I don't want to, but becuase I'm too shy.
The nearest thing to romance I have is Jane Eyre, and that's not a whole hell of a lot.
and leading no where

Random avatar

Reviews: 241
Sun Apr 10, 2005 6:18 pm
Harley says...

There was this one time i felt something between us. The teacher was out of class, (Gifted and Talented, we're both in there at the same time., and everyone just hangs out) and I dropped my pen. We both reached for it at the same time, but my hand got there first, so his was on top of mine. We sorta laughed and then he just looked at me, his eyes meeting mine. He kept his hand there, until the guy beside him tapped his shoulder to ask him something. We never spoke of it again, but... I just wish that dude hadn't interrupted, just to see what he would've said to me, if anything.

41 Reviews

Fri Apr 15, 2005 6:28 pm
Willow says...

So it was another Gifted and Talented period where this story actually begins.
Dawn sat next to me, and we were passing notes, trying to entertain ourselves. It was about the usual stuff, except Dawn had just found out who I really liked.
After a few heated lines she threw the little scrap of paper back at me.
I saw it coming as though in slow motion. It flew toward me, up over my head, and hit Reese's arm.
REESE'S ARM!!!
He looked up puzzledly from his newly written song. Then he saw the folded piece of paper lying on the floor next to his left foot. I wanted to make a dive for it, but knew it was already too late. he picked up the paper and unfolded it slowly. I could feel myself turning beet red.
I threw a dirty look at Dawn, wondering whether she did this on purpose.
As he read the note his eyes grew slightly wider, and a frown spread across his face. I knew my name was on that bit of damned paper. All I could comfort myself with was that his wasn't.
I looked sideways at me for a second, then folded the paper again and put it silently on my table.
I ignored it and went on with my Math
What else could I do?
I didn't dare look at him then, but if I had, I would've seen the smile on his face.
and leading no where

Reviews: 0
Sun May 01, 2005 11:54 pm
Squeaky says...

umm sorry, but didnt you say he was in the next grade?
Pass me a bottle, Mr.Jones. Believe in me.
I wanna be someone who believes.

~Counting Crows~

I am and always will be optimist, the hoper of far-flung hopes, the dreamer of improbable dreams.
— 11th Doctor