z

Young Writers Society

The Tavern

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:09 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Greed raised an eyebrow at the bartender. They did not fit this reality. The threads wavered around them, becoming fluid, questionably real, until they reached something undeniably real. Like...well, not Greed. The bar itself? Yeah. That was real enough.

The effect was familiar.

Greed choked, a drop of burning liquid passing down the wrong pipe. They gave a short cough and dealt with it, cursing under their breath to regain some clarity.

"When did you get a job, Time?"
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:22 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Wilson smiled and tilted her head to the side in a cheery display of fake innocence.

"Sometimes I just get a little bored, you know! Besides, I need to find things to do with my time." She waggled her brows for jokery effect.
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

95 Reviews

Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:04 am
View Likes
Teddybear says...

"Bored. Right." Time was never bored. In fact, Time was unbelievably busy, at all times. It was infuriating.

This...wasn't the same Time.

he/they

105 Reviews

Reviews: 105
Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:03 am
View Likes
momonster says...

Glena looked up at the stranger man. "Why do you care?" She made a small, yet very pointy, crystal and turned it in circles in the air.
For sin shall no longer be your master, because you are not under the law, but under grace.
Romans 6:14 NIV

never apologize for standing up for what you believe in.

previously MomoandAppa, LordMomo, MomoMajesty, and dancingontheclouds

4131 Reviews

Reviews: 4131
Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:47 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Spoiler! :
Name: Harrison Harvard Hardy aka The Darkness
Age: 67,500,000,000,000,000,000,000,738 (That would be 67 septillion, 500 sextillion, seven hundred and thirty eight and yes I love numbers so I have an exact one) but he stopped aging when he was 16.
Personality: I like to call him the immortal teenager because that is what he is. He's probably a lot more optimistic that most people especially considering just how powerful he is so he doesn't really worry about anything. He's the kind of person to joke in literally any situation.
Appearance: Well that's variable...he's a shapeshifter...and his original form is definitely not making an appearance here (he's like bigger than a universe)...so I'll go with his go to day to day look which he uses around most people.

He likes to be around 5' to 5' 4", most probably 5' 4" because in his own words "its the perfect height for hugging". He's got very pale skin that has a slightly bluish tent thanks to his blue blood. Lines, much like veins run all over his batter in translucent patches of lighter skin, and these glue blow whenever he's hit with some object or he's generating some power. His face has six of these including two that run through the eyes and his palms have two large patches the lines lead to.

He likes to maintain a pretty lean look, looking like he can barely lift anything just for an extra bit of surprise. Most of his joints are also double jointed and if anyone in there can hear heartbeats and whatnot, they'll notice he has two hearts.

The most standout feature is probably his 20-22 foot wings, that are blue, and they are feathered. His hair is naturally dark cyan and I don't see him ever changing that because he loves the color. He usually shrinks these when he fold them so that they only stick out around half a hoot above his head when folded.

Then his eyes...so...where its usually white in humans, his eyes are blue...while the actual irises are dark cyan. And these irises tend to glow when he's using his powers although he usually wears blue tinted glasses to cover those. He also has two sets of eyelids, one regular, and one translucent set that closes horizontally.

His hair is generally around shoulder length and hanging loose, probably tangled and a mess unless his sister got to him with a brush (she did in this case) and he'll be wearing his usual suit which is a bit like a large onesie, but tighter and without a hood. Its completely blue and packed with a few...fun surprises.

Backstory: He's seen pretty much everything and done pretty much everything but its a full novel, his backstory that is.
Weapons: He probably won't have a reason to bust one out but if he does I'll put that somewhere else.
Other: He's definitely going to see what's going on here with his full spectrum vision and he has telepathy and the ability to see through time if he wants to...he usually believes its a common courtesy to not use those unless absolutely necessary so he won't bust it out immediately but if there's something that he absolutely should know, he'll know it along with general surface emotions.

Name: Jennifer Rose Hardy aka Princess
Age: 67,500,000,000,000,000,000,000,738 (That would be 67 septillion, 500 sextillion, seven hundred and thirty eight and yes I love numbers so I have an exact one) but she stopped aging when she was 16.
Personality: She's even more of an immortal teenager I would say. She's the one who goofs of the most and likes the odd prank here and there.
Appearance: Well that's variable as well...she's also a shapeshifter.

She likes to be around 5' 2", but besides that her appearance is essentially the same but just female. The differences would be that her suit is hot pink and her veins and eyes also tend to glow hot pink.

Backstory: She's been around a few attoseconds less than Harry but she's seen just about everything he has.
Weapons: Again she probably won't need to use one.
Other: All of that stuff with Harry applies to her too. And she's his sister, the only genuine family he has besides his brother. Yes they don't have parents...like they literally were the first beings to come into existence. These two are pretty darn close.

"Well that's interesting," said Harry, surveying the bar that he was looking at. "That's not from around here."

"Its not from around anywhere by the looks of it," said Jennifer, "one of them overlaps."

"Those are becoming ridiculously common these days. You think it could be an issue," said Harry.

"Naa, that's probably fine. It just a bar and some other thing I forgot about," said Jennifer.

"Fine the, shall we check it out then?" asked Harry.

"We have a few minutes, so I don't see why not?" said Jennifer, shrugging.

"In we go then," said Harry. He folded his wings in, and made sure his glasses were firmly attached to his face. Jennifer followed suit and the two of them strode towards the metal door. Harry slid to a stop before opening.

"Oh dang, that's a lot of worlds," he said, eyes glowing slightly as he looked in, "we might run into some...interesting folks, which sounds like a great way to spend a bit of free time."

"Well it should be fun then," said Jennifer.

"Hopefully," said Harry, eyes returning to normal as he pushed open the door. They walked over to the bar.

"You planning on sitting on a stool?" asked Jennifer.

"Unlikely," said Harry, winking as he waved his hand to transform a stool into a tall recliner. He lay back comfortably and let out a yawn. Jennifer snapped her fingers, expanding the seat to fit two and sat down next to him.

"Pepsi?" she said, raising her eyebrows.

"One of the few good things Earth has going for it, why not?" he replied.

"Two of those," she said to the bartending who was looking at the two of them. "Large."
Last edited by KateHardy on Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:27 am
View Likes
LadyMysterio says...

Spoiler! :
Zillah Lynnhart: 19yrs old. Gold feathered wings, purple/light blue/white outfit. Corset, light purple with dark purple straps around it.. Knee-high chunky boots have the same colouring. Underlayer is a whiet spandex jumpsuit. Light purple, shirt over top, cutout in upperchect ahres, with a strip down the middle from underlayer. Four strips make up a skirt, two longer light purple ones in front and back, two shorter ones on the side. Skin is pale, blue/green eyes. Heart-shaped face. Fit figure, about 5’6. Hair is dusty lavender bob, long on the top, shorter on the sides. Has a golden staff with a glowing blue orb surrounded by gold spikes at the top

Zillah stepped into the bar. Time for a good whisky. She'd seen this bar a few times, but never actually been in it. Folding in her wings she stepped inside using her staff as a walking stick as she strode over to the bar. sliding into a seat on the far end of everyone else.

She glanced down at the other at the bar, gasping as she spotted a younger-looking girl with wings! She'd never seen anyone else with them. A bartender with black hair was handing her a drink.

Someone asked someone else what they wanted, then asked again. zillah snapped her head around as the woman who'd been serving the girl with wings repeated the question, "what can I getcha?"

"oh, sorry I was distracted, uh I'll have a whisky please."

The woman nodded and started on the drink. Something was odd about the air around her but zillah ignored it, and turned back to the girl with wings watching her as she created a pointy crystal and made it spin.

A clunk turned her attention back to the counter. The woman slid the drink over to her.
Zillah conjured a couple of coins in her hand and dropped them in on the counter.
"whos that girl, the one with wings?" she asked sipping her drink. glancing at the woman's name tag, Wilson.

Wilson shrugged. "Don't know," she turned as two others came up to the bar," ah got to go."

Zillah nodded and picked up her drink, taking a bigger sip, eyes glued on the girl.
I know my worth, anyone else opinion doesn't really matter
-Agent Carter

174 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:19 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Spoiler! :
@LadyMysterio! hey! so you don't gotta change up your post, cause I know it's convenient to just get your characters a drink right away, so i really don't mind, but in the future I'd prefer you not write Wilson for me if that's ok! That's also part of the rules but I totally get if you skimmed lol ;) just letting you know!

Wilson gave the green-haired patron a little wink before running off to attend to the new guests. A whiskey, for the pale gal with the lavender hair, and two Pepsis, for the gal in hot pink and her friend.

She spun around with two large, cold Pepsis in tall glasses, with one in each hand, and slid them across the counter gracefully. She'd practiced this many times.

"There's your Pepsi for you," she said with a smile. "Where you guys from?"

95 Reviews

Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:06 am
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Greed glared at the others. Winged people always stole the spotlight. They downed the rest of their drink and hopped out of the seat, striding out to the middle of the tavern.

That was quite enough being repeatedly ignored for today. These people had shorter attention spans than Sloth.

he/they

4131 Reviews

Reviews: 4131
Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:17 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Harry and Jennifer looked at each other and burst into laughter at the question.

"It's a good question," said Harry, after they'd recovered.

"The answer is...complicated," said Jennifer.

"Yeah, not that we don't want to tell you, it would just take way too long to explain," said Harry. "Thanks for the drinks by the way. That's some good service."

Jennifer nodded in agreement.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:33 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
Welcome to the roleplay, @LadyMysterio! @soundofmind already mentioned it in her last post, but please don't control other people's characters - it's actually something I mentioned in the rules.

Also, don't forget to post in and subscribe to the discussion topic for this roleplay! It's where we can figure out what we want to happen in this roleplay - as well as goof around in between posts.

Housekeeping aside, Zillah looks great!

Elem couldn't stop staring. His eyes were so wide that he was sure that they were going to fall out of his head - he had never been so shocked before. He had also never seen people like the ones in this tavern. They were all so different than people were supposed to be. He didn't check to see what happened when they stepped into the darkness. He was still too nervous to meet anyone's eyes.

He ducked his head back down and stared at his partially empty bowl of soup.

Everyone else was acting like this was normal. Elem knew it was good to go along with what people expected - then they wouldn't give him second looks. If he didn't keep staring at the other people in the tavern, they wouldn't stare at him, either.

...But he couldn't help but sneak a look at the most recent arrivals - the three people with wings. How could people even have wings?
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:49 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Wilson laughed. Good service? This was her job! But she appreciated the appreciation.

"Well, you don't have to worry about boring me, if that's what you mean," she said. "I've got plenty of time, as long as you don't mind pauses where I help out other patrons."

95 Reviews

Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:39 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Greed narrowed their eyes at the flock of winged angel-looking demons. The threads strained around them, trying to weave them into this layer of reality. Of course, that couldn't be done seamlessly. Because they weren't supposed to be here. They were disrupting the very progression of time, which Time - Greed's Time - had to be a bit miffed about.

That, at least, got a chuckle from Greed.

Greed laced their fingers behind their neck and walked up behind the flock. "You guys going to beg some tourists for breadcrumbs?"

he/they

57 Reviews

Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:08 am
View Likes
LadyMysterio says...

Zillah tore her gaze off the winged girl, as a person with green hair stepped up behind a group of winged, angel-looking people who'd appeared

She scrunched her brows. Interesting. ZIllah picked up her drink and slid around in her seat to get a better look at the group.

She'd never seen so many winged people before.
Last edited by LadyMysterio on Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Agent Carter

178 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 178
Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:17 am
View Likes
MaybeAndrew says...

Oliver looked down at the little Glena summon a crystal, and his eyes twinkled.
"Well, ma'am, I am a collector of knowledge on the history and practice of magic, and you sweetheart, seem like you might know a bit on that subject. And forgive me if I have misread you. My mortal eyes see remarkably little, but you seem so young. I just want to make sure everything is in order, and you are safe."
Oliver looks up at the end of his speech and notices that the tavern is quickly filling up with many interesting characters. He blinks as he sees the variety among them. His mind goes into full throttle, and all slows down. As magic flows into him, his thought process quickly surpassing the normal pace. He takes a moment to study each of them in turn. 'This is no normal tavern.' Oliver thinks. He wants to get a closer look at each of them, ask each of them so many questions. Forget his exhaustion! There was so much to learn.
His eyes flit back to Glena, 'No, priorities fist. I'll get to them later.' And he flashes a charming smile again. Less than half a second has passed in all this thought.
'Gosh, I love magic.' He thinks as the world transfers into a normal pace, from understandable slow motion to the confusing activity of before.
Previously Andrewknorpp, now less sure.

57 Reviews

Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:17 am
View Likes
LadyMysterio says...

Spoiler! :
@magebird

Zillah tore her gaze off the group of winged people.
She'd hadn't gotten a good look at this place yet.

A quick glance around revealed that this place was far different from any of the other bars in the city. This was more like a tavern. it was mostly made out of wood, aside from the small stone fireplace.

As she scanned the room, something caught her eye, someone. A small boy. Sitting at a table gobbling down what looked like a stew. What was a boy doing in a place like this? Was he ok? He looked fine. A little out of place. But everyone here looked slightly out of place.

Even if she was considered a villain her "villainy" revolved around kids. The unnoticed, "unworthy" forgotten ones. Getting revenge for them why they could not them in away.

Zillah downed her whisky, then slowly wandered towards the boy, not wanting to scare him. Twisting and turning her staff as she went.
-Agent Carter

You are strong enough to conquer this day and the rest of your life.
— Tuckster