z

Young Writers Society

The Underground Network - (OPEN/NOT STARTED)

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:37 pm
Dreamery says...

November 9, 1938
Kristallnacht, the Night of Broken Glass, prompts the beginning of the Nazi Germany genocide of the Jewish population; the Holocaust.

September 1, 1939
Under the reign of Adolf Hitler, Nazi Germany launches the Invasion of Poland. Their forces are mobilized through Polish territory and are met with fierce retaliation from Polish resistance groups. Despite the pressing counter-offensive, on October 6, 1939, the Invasion of Poland ceases, and Poland is in the hands of Germany. This is the beginning of World War II.

By December 7, 1941, the war is already in full effect and has been for two years. America was pressed on its policy of neutrality and isolationism, until the attack on the Hawaiian harbor, Pearl Harbor, by the Japanese fleet prompted their declaration of war on Japan. Soon, they too were in the full dynamic of the Second Great War.

Allied countries send their troops to fight on the front lines, valiantly trying to defend against the Axis powers! They fight to push the Axis back to where they came, but they push right back. Soldiers on the front lines become heroes with every victory.

But, there's another side to this war; a side that no one knows about; a side where the real heroes stand. This side is concealed in mystery, darkness, and all of the files erased from the history books. What I mean to say, my friend, is the side of espionage and deception. An "Underground Network," if you will.

World War II is in full effect, but where do you come in?
Spoiler! :
You are one of the spies and intelligence gatherers that fuel the war effort from behind the scenes. You will collect intelligence, find out your enemy's secrets, transmit important messages, sabotaging... but most importantly, trying to achieve the ultimate goal.

Agencies:
Spoiler! :
Allies:
United States of America - F.B.I.
Britain - X-2
French Resistance
Soviet Union - NKVD

Axis:
Germany - Abwehr
Italy
Vichy France
Japan

Organizations:
Spoiler! :
Allied agencies make up the Allied Counterintelligence and Espionage Service, or ACES. Its spies are, respectively, Aces.

Axis agencies make up the Axis Nations Network of Espionage and Xenocentrism, or ANNEX.

The Inner War:
Spoiler! :
There is a war within the war. ANNEX is doing everything in its power to hinder the Allies' war effort; sabotaging munition holds, sending false information, preventing assaults, etc. The ACES have to stop them while assisting their own side. They'd been doing this for months, until they realized the only way to end the World War in their favor...: capturing the other sides' leaders.

Character Sheet (please post in DT and when you're accepted, post in the sidebar):
Code: Select all
Name:
Personality:
Ethnicity:
Affiliation:
Agency (you may need to do some research until I find some myself!):
Backstory/History:
Strengths:
Weaknesses:
Fears:
Other:

Spaces:
Spoiler! :
ACES:
1. X-2 Agent Martin Dowdy - British ACES Agent (Me)
2. F.B.I. Agent Edward Wade - American ACES Agent (@Messenger)
3. Reserved by @Laure - (American ACES Agent)
4. F.B.I. Agent Steven Tyler - American ACES Agent

ANNEX:
1. Abwehr Agent October/Oktober - German ANNEX Agent (@EloquentDragon)
2. Reserved by @BondGirl007 - (Vichy France ANNEX Agent)
3. OSS Agent Elise Ferner - German ANNEX Agent (@Vivian)
4. Kempeitai Agent Haruto Kitagawa - Japanese ANNEX Agent (@ulala8)

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream.
— Mark Twain