z

Young Writers Society

Amazing Romantic Island Area (Closed)

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:40 pm
crossroads says...

Welcome to the Island of Riviara.

"Love makes Better People!", the motto of the island, still represents its main idea and goals.
No matter if you're here by choice or sent in for punishment for something you did, once you've arrived you cannot just leave.
The only way to get off the island seems really simple - find your soulmate.

Soulmates are determined by on island chemistry, fortune tellers, personality matches, etc. for pre-island incarceration.
You will be incarcerated with someone that you have a 100% match with; whether they've been on the island for a while, or are new this season, is a mystery. Whether your soulmate is of the same kind as yourself, or if you'll survive the relationship you enter, is a mystery as well.

Spoiler! :
This Storybook is a collaboration of @Aley, @Iggy and myself, and hence closed. It might also feature scenes which aren't exactly PG, so if you're stalking, know what you're in for.
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:39 am
View Likes
Iggy says...

Spoiler! :
*pokes @ariaadams and @Aley* Let's begin, ja?

William James | Airport

The best thing about this island was that it wasn't normal. Majority, if not all, of the island's population were supernatural, fantasy creatures. A fire elemental with the power to set the island on fire in a heartbeat was rare, but not a surprise.

As William descended from the airplane, he felt many pairs of eyes fall upon him, appraising him. A female flight attendant greeted him with a smile as he reached the ground, handing him a brochure. "Welcome to ARIA."

He flashed her a grin, one that made heat rise in her porcelain cheeks. "Thank you," he said smoothly, sliding past her to retrieve his luggage, or rather, attempted to. It had already been retrieved and taken up to his suite by the hotel's manager, who eyed him warily. Will could sense he was eager to have such a powerful being staying in his hotel, but also scared of the powers he contained. Fire, as everyone knew, was unpredictable.

"Mr. James, welcome to the ARIA resort. You will be staying in the Penthouse," the manager said.

Will quirked a brow. "I asked for a suite on the bottom floor."

"Yes, but see, the Penthouse has been... altered for your special stay."

"You mean, the two floors beneath it have been evacuated," he said grumpily.

The manager offered a sympathetic smile. "Three, actually. It's not that we don't trust you or your control, Mr. James, it's merely-"

"Precaution." Will spoke for the manager, his tone bitter. "Fine. Is that all?"

The man handed over a key. "There's the suite key. All of your stuff has been taken up there for you." he also handed over a map of the hotel. "It's very simple. All of this has been paid for the television channel company, including bed and board, room service, the bar, the sports area, the beach, etc. Please enjoy your stay."

Will felt the cameras glare on this back, his sides, in front of him, watching him from every angle. He fought the urge to hiss, and nodded. Then he quickly hustled into the hotel, into the elevator, and up to his suite, where the cameras couldn't follow him, as per the contract he carefully examined before signing.

The penthouse was the 36 floor and was just a big hotel room with various rooms inside it. Will didn't bother to closely examine it; he grabbed a beer from the mini-fridge and flopped down onto the bed, glaring at the wall.

It was too quiet, and in a fit of anger, he threw the pillow up into the air and shot a fireball at it. It burst into flames and he waited to hear the screaming of the fire alarm. There was none. They must trust me enough to take care of any fires up here, he thought in annoyance, and quickly extinguished the fire. Well, at least he wouldn't be pelted with water every time he set the room on fire in his sleep.
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

806 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 806
Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:28 am
Aley says...

Eira Thistle | Airport

The lanky thick legged girl yawned as she got off the plane behind some stuck up dude. She couldn't tell much about him, but the flight over she'd seen him completely ignore everyone, and now that he was actually on the ground again he looked like a cat with his tail in the air. The flight attendant, who had rushed off the plane to provide them with brochures, greeted him with a bright smile. "Welcome to ARIA." She passed him a brochure batting her eyes at him. He didn't even look twice. He just gave her a grin like a dog who was begging, and passed on as she swooned.

Eira adjusted her shirt. She pulled he neck back some so the tie was on the back again. Looking around, she saw the hotel they were supposed to be staying at, a long building with lots of rooms, and many different sections. It wasn't far from the airport, the only approved way onto the island. She received her copy of the brochure from the speechless woman as she fawned after the man who'd just gotten off.

Eira stepped aside and opened the thing as people kept getting off. Her personal camera stood on the other side of the flow of people as she looked over the brochure. Glancing up when the last person had left the plane, she smiled at the camera man and headed for the luggage claim. Her bag was still trolling around the conveyor belt,near last on the line. She picked it up and looked around. A friendly hotel representative stood behind a desk waiting for her. Eira headed that way with her thick gym bag on her shoulder. Eira nodded her head when she came up to the counter.

"Hello, you must be Eira Thistle." The woman behind the counter held out a pen and pushed a guest book across the tall counter. Eira saw her name on the list and picked up the pen, signing like the rest. "You'll be roomed in the west wing room 345."

Eira nodded. "Thank you." Per user agreement, she couldn't openly be dissatisfied with the services of the hotel unless meant to be dissatisfied. ARIA had a reputation to uphold after all, and they were a part of it. The wolf took her key and the map generously provided by the front desk and headed out for her room. It took Eira, even with the map and her sense of direction, a good ten minutes to find her room. Eventually she found the right building, and then the right room from there.

"Man, they sure did plan to put a lot of people on here," Eira chattered as she started up the stairs. She could hear her camera man's heart racing as he climbed with her. She walked for his sake. "All of these rooms and just a few of us on the island for the actual game. I wonder if the help count as people on the island who we could be compatible with." She took a deep breath as she made it to the second floor and waited for a moment as the camera man caught up. She didn't bother looking for the cameras of the stairwell. Undoubtedly they'd see a lot of her.

"If they do count," Eira mused folding her arm over her chest and grabbing her elbow. Her chin rested on her fist. "That's got to be at least a few hundred people we have to search through." Her tanned cheeks flushed a little. She folded her hands behind her back and continued up the stairs as a quick clip. "Still, someone is here. That's an exciting prospect."

Eira left her camera man several stairs behind her and made it to her room at last. She shut the door and leaned against it shaking her head. "I wanted the first floor. What the crap is this? Oh well, at least I should have someone a bit fitter to keep up with me when I go out tonight. I'll give them a few hours to change my camera man before I go explore." She shook her head and retreated into the room to make it hers.

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
— Miles Kington