z

Young Writers Society

House of Murder

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:53 pm
Camulaeus says...

Sorry, but I can't do this anymore, best of luck!
With friends and courage one can stand against all foes, for neither man nor God can conquer those who are not alone

"109 in the sky but the pigs won't quit"

GLBT it doesn't matterone thing doesn't change who we are

120 Reviews

Reviews: 120
Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:38 pm
Emmzziee says...

Hi --- :) I, err, don't really think that I should join in now. But can I just say that this is such a really awesome idea? And that you've all really inspired me :D :D :D Xxx
I want to play a game.

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:15 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

Well thank you! And I don't mind if you want to join, as long as you can keep up!

~Forsakinshadow~
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:30 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Jewel:

During our free time outside, a group of us sat in a circle, whispering low about a plan.

I talked quietly, everyone looking at me intensely, straining to hear my hushed words, "During indoor free time today, I'm going to go around the house and examine what I see. I'm going to be on a hunt for anything and everything. Clues, ways out, hidden ways. We also need to find a way to distract the watch dogs so they don't know what we're up to."

"I can do that." Shawn Lellan (thought I'd bring him in for you) said, his head snapping up.

I nodded, "Okay, Shawn will distract the watchdogs when we go looking around.

"Just don't do anything to make you...go missing early." I quickly added.

He nodded, bringing his slightly crooked fingers to his chin as he thought, probably about how he would distract them.

Quickly, I stood up, dusted myself off, and whispered, "I'm going to walk around and see what I can find. WHo's coming with?"
Live, Love, Laugh

Reviews: 3
Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:44 pm
MyStoryline says...

Cool fic. Thanks.

Shawn

After I volunteered to be the distraction, Jewel stood and announced quietly that she was going to look around.

As people volunteered to go with her, I just lay on my back and stared into the blue sky that went on forever. If only there were a road from here like that - one that never ended, one that would always be there. But instead, we got fences, watch dogs, and disappearing children.

Our life was no Annie. No millionare would come and adopt us all. Instead, we had to find our own way out, make our own way in the world, choose our own path.

With I sigh, I closed my eyes and just let out a frusterated scream, both to just get it out of my system and to get the watchdogs to avet their eyes to me rather than the others for at least a moment so they wouldn't be suspicious..

84 Reviews

Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:03 pm
fictionfanatic says...

NO BODY LISTEN TO MY POST!!! IGNORE IT! DISREGARD THE LAST TWO POSTS, by order of the creater of this SB.
Live, Love, Laugh

116 Reviews

Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:41 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

Malinda-Supervisor

I watched the children on the screen, sipping my coffee every now and then. They all seemed to be doing something boring, or not interesting enough to catch my eye--though my eyes kept working their way back to the screen with Leda and Will on it. Leda had nearly given me a heart attack when she jumped out the window, but I refrained from doing anything, showing any emotion. I had to have a talk with her and Liam, there were things they had to know. But not yet--I couldn't ruin their lives just yet.

My brain was scratching for answers as to which child was next, but I didn't want to focus on that one--I had one child here already, out like a light. I sat my coffee back down on the table and stood slowly, moving like a predator towards the boy. The Keepers stood around him as he lay on the metal examining table. They all wore blue nurses outfits with gloves and masks, though I certainly didn't care for that. All I needed was a change of clothes afterwards and everything would be fine.

On a small side table, there was an arrangement of syringes, the liquid inside ranging in color from blue to black to clear. My first choice was a lavender purple liquid with about 30 mils of medicine in it. I ejected about 3 mils of that into his left arm, and within seconds, he was thrashing around, screaming in pain. Fire in a needle. My face was completely serious with my work as I chose the liquids carefully.

My next choice was a dark blue liquid that I knew must have been ice to stop the fire, but damage was done, so what was the use? I injected him anyway, my brain still miles away on Leda and Liam. The boy squirmed a little but was unable to make a noise.

"Right now, the veins and nerves in your body have been burnt and are now freezing. Try not to scream," I said menacingly, knowing that was impossible now.

"Try the dark red," one of the Keepers suggested. I smiled at them, knowing this was one of their creations that I would be testing.

"What's different from the last?" I asked, examining the blood red liquid.

"Just a slight change in the mixture. The basics are all the same, and it's still made for the same thing." My face went serious again as I injected the boy. Poor child must be in pain right now, but I didn't care. He was unwanted anyway, that was why he was here in the orphanage anyway.

His veins began to become visibly black under his skin as the red substance--meant for paralyzing the victim and brain-washing them--traveled through his veins. Just when we thought this one would work--just when we had hope we had found it--he began to spasm and foam at the mouth, a deadly scream coming from his lips. At this point he was like a zombie, blood thirsty and brainwashed. He wouldn't be able to tell family from enemies. The perfect weapon if the liquid had worked properly. His brain was like a mushy blob of mashed potatoes--nothing you could do with him now.

“He’s lost,” I said, anger flooding my voice. We were losing more and more children with these experiments, but we kept getting close and closer to an answer. Consider us scientists, studying to make a weapon the take over the world. Suppose we were to alter this a bit more so that not all of his brain was mush? This was a painstaking thing to do, very time consuming.

“Fix it,” I commanded while grabbing the black liquid and removing the cap. I watched him wriggle around and listened to him scream for a moment, then decided to relieve him. The black liquid traveled through his veins, calming him and relaxing every muscle he had. I could hear as his heart--once racing--slowed to a stop, and then his skin began to turn black in the spot of the injection. By the time he was completely gone, there was a huge black spot covering half of his arm that looked like a bruise. No one would be able to tell the difference.

“Open him up,” I say, and they began to cut into him, revealing nothing but ice and blood and bone. I reached a hand inside and touched the substance I had created. It looked all wrong. Where was the dust it was supposed to create, turning every part inside him into ash? That was the effect the black liquid usually had.

Wiping my now bloodied hands on my outfit, I asked, “What did you change? I didn’t tell you to change the black liquid, it was fine. The red was the only thing that was supposed to be altered. Fix it! Next time I don’t want to be faced with this problem. Next time, if you screw up, one of you are dead!” My rage consumed me and I walked away to change into something less bloody.

This is generally what they test for when they take a child
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

116 Reviews

Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:16 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

~Ashton~

I needed help if I was going to get everyone out of here safetly, and that ment not only would I need help from Will, I would also n eed help from someone else, someone whom I knew could be sneaky and get away with it. Though I barely knew anyone who was like that, one name came to mind. Jewel. Where was she now? She--like me--always had a plan. Well, I guess I couldn't include myself now, because I had no clue what I was going to do just yet. But a plan was forming.

I found Jewel sitting with Liam, and I dared to walk over to them. Liam's face was stressed, and Jewel was trying to get him to calm down--even now. When I got to them, they both looked up, curiosity in Jewel's eyes, and anger in Liam's.

"I need some help," I admitted. "I need someone to help me with the rebellion. Someone who is smart, cunning, and sneaky. I need you Jewel." She looked at me with confusion coloring her featurs. I simply nodded. "Please?"

Continue as you planned, Fiction.
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

84 Reviews

Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:06 am
fictionfanatic says...

Meaning just repost what I posted before?

Jewel:

Ash and I went around, gathering some people together so we could all discuss the rebellion plan

I talked quietly, everyone looking at me intensely, straining to hear my hushed words, "During indoor free time today, I'm going to go around the house and examine what I see. I'm going to be on a hunt for anything and everything. Clues, ways out, hidden ways. We also need to find a way to distract the watch dogs so they don't know what we're up to."

"I can do that." Shawn Lellan (thought I'd bring him in for you) said, his head snapping up.

I nodded, "Okay, Shawn will distract the watchdogs when we go looking around.

"Just don't do anything to make you...go missing early." I quickly added.

He nodded, bringing his slightly crooked fingers to his chin as he thought, probably about how he would distract them.

Quickly, I stood up, dusted myself off, and whispered, "I'm going to walk around and see what I can find. WHo's coming with?"
********end post**********

and if it's okay with you Story, I'll repost what you wrote so to get you in there like I tried earlier.

Shawn Lellan

After I volunteered to be the distraction, Jewel stood and announced quietly that she was going to look around.

As people volunteered to go with her, I just lay on my back and stared into the blue sky that went on forever. If only there were a road from here like that - one that never ended, one that would always be there. But instead, we got fences, watch dogs, and disappearing children.

Our life was no Annie. No millionare would come and adopt us all. Instead, we had to find our own way out, make our own way in the world, choose our own path.

With I sigh, I closed my eyes and just let out a frusterated scream, both to just get it out of my system and to get the watchdogs to avet their eyes to me rather than the others for at least a moment so they wouldn't be suspicious.
Live, Love, Laugh

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:47 am
BrooklynWriter says...

Piper

There was something in the air. Something different. Something new. All of the other kids were acting a bit jumpy, a bit... sneakey. Dey seemed a little weird too. Not in the same way though. He seemed a bit prickly whenever we were around the Keepers. Or maybe when he was with me...

I looked nervously at my poem. Maybe I'd jinxed myself. Maybe I'd been to brash, too bold. What if I'd scared him away?

Well I planned to at least find out what the other kids are up to. Here comes Ashton. I'll ask her.

*So sorry it's so short. I thought the SB was getting a little slow and I'm in the middle of playing Scene It.*

116 Reviews

Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:42 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

This is to keep it from dieing. Just go with it ;)

Malinda/Supervisor

All of the children seemed to be sneaking around, getting off schedule. It seemed like time to put that to a stop and show them that I was serious. If standing over their shoulder was what it was going to take to keep them from running off, then that was what I was going to do. And if it took showing them all just what happens when you step out of line, then I would do that too.

"I was the area secured," I said, looking at the monitors. "Surround the gates, make sure every child is inside the orphanage mess hall. If you find one child out of place, you have orders to bring them to me without damage. Now!" They finally began to move about, arming themselves with guns that even a person like me had no choice but to listen to. I watched on camera as several of the Keepers surrounded the gates. There were maybe a hundred patrolling the entire orphanage, herding children inside and checking every room, ordering them to report to the mess hall at once.

I paces back and forth in my office for a little while before I decided it was time to teach the children a lesson. I grabbed my assortment of syringes full of colorful liquids then headed down to the mess hall. If they wanted to rebel, they would face the punishments.

Every eye was on me as I stepped through the doors, pushing a cart with the needles, followed by a Keeper who brought in a body table. I'm sure there was at least one child in here that would like to say something terrible to me. So I would let them. I put the cart against the wall and stepped quietly in front of them.

"For a second time I've had to step up and show you just who's boss. Not only does this show you can not handle being mature, you can't even handle a schedule. Yes, I know most of you haven't been following it. And there will be punishment. Trust me." I smiled menacingly at them. They were the prey, I was the predator.

They were silent, but I could tell every one of them wanted to give me a piece of their mind. So who was I to let them hold back?

"If you have anything to say to me, now is the time to say it. I won't judge what you say, I'd actually like to hear what you have to say to me. So go on, let it out." They're silent for a moment, then a girl stands up and yells something at me, and the entire mess hall goes crazy. I still hold my smile while I let them yell, cuss, and tell me I'm not fair. Such children.

I nod to the Keeper by the metal body table and he goes to where the girl is standing, yanking her from where she stands and dragging her to the table. I don't watch as they strap her down, I simply remain where I am, a smile planted on my face. When the children realize what's happening they die down, watching to see what happens.

"Pick a color," I say to one of the children in the front. I barely hear as she croaks out the word.

"Green." My smile fades and I slowly walk to the large arrangement of maybe twenty needles, picking up a sickly green looking liquid.

"So," I say. "You like to yell, to speak your mind do you? Like I said, there are punishments for what you do." I insert the needle into the girls arm, emptying the entire needle. I listen to the long screech she releases as the liquid flows through her veins. I'm not entirely sure what that one was, but it has the desired effect. Her scream is the only noise in the room, and every eye is either shut, or their heads are turned, not looking at the sight. Soon, her scream dies down to a moan, and now I speak.

"Now that I have your attention." My voice is low, threatening. "If you have something to say, please say it now. I'd like to hear the words you've kept from me for so long. I know you have some sort of speech built up inside those heads of yours, and I know you wish you could tell me these things, maybe thought you would actually get to. Well, here's your chance." I wait a few seconds as the girl's moan fills in for the silence. "What? Nothing? I was actually thinking maybe I could hear your opinions! Now that you know something’s going to happen to you, you don't want to risk it?! Let me tell you something. I'm serious about this when I say you're not going anywhere. I will see to it that you are killed publicly if I find you even planning to escape. So go on and try." Without further word, I inject the black liquid into her body, watching as her mouth begins to foam and her body does little spasms. Then, she's still, eyes glued to the ceiling. Death. That's what I'm here for.
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

116 Reviews

Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:58 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

~Ashton~

The girl's scream hung in the air, long after the Supervisor and Keepers cleared out of the mess hall. Everyone just sat there in silence, taking in the scene, not daring to move. Maybe a rebellion wasn't what we needed.

It doesn't matter, I tell myself. We're going to die one way or another, why not sooner than later? But it does matter, because if we all rebel at once, we actually have a chance to win, to get out of here. We'd just have to be more secritive about our planning.

I dare to turn my head, to look around. Everyone seems to be in shock. Was that she wanted from us? For us to simply be scared that we would all end up strapped down to a cold metal table screaming for help? Even if we screamed, nothing would happen, no one would come to help us. I'd never heard that kind of scream before. Not when Leda jumped from the window, not even from personal expierance. That was the scream of real pain, pain that she knew none of us wanted.

I spotted Leda and Will at another table, and it seemed like I was the first to move as I stood and walked over to them, every footfall audible in the silence. Will must have carried her in here when they suddenly made it manditory to come to the mess hall.

"How's your ankle?" I ask Leda and even though I'm whispering, I'm sure every person in the mess hall can here what I'm saying. My words break her from her silent stare at the wall.

"It still hurts, but I haven't put any pressure on it," she says. Her eyes show that she's pained, but is it because her ankle or because what we've all just whitnessed?

I see Jewel rise and come stand next to me. Soon, everyone is silently moving around like it hurts to even speak. I can only imagine what it's like for Jewel, knowing this is going to be her fate. Or has she even pieced it all together yet? I'm sure she has, but either way, I'm not going to bring it up, just in case.
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:58 am
Dragonette says...

Dey~

I'm not a wimp, but if I had a mirror, I'm sure I would have seen that my face had turned ashen. The screaming and the foaming and the throbbing of pain that went through the girl was really hard to watch. When I heard Piper give a sob/gasp beside me, I instinctively put my arm around her and pulled her in; maybe it was stupid, but I did it with out thinking and I did NOT want her seeing this.

After the supervisor and the keepers left, the room was still quiet. Everyone was trying to avoid looking at the dead girls body, which they had left on the metal table in the middle of the room; as a kind of warning I guess. I let go of Piper as soon as they had left, and felt like a complete idiot. I mean, aren't you supposed to be in a relationship to hug a girl, or, like, ask their permission or something? I don't know! But from the way Piper was looking at me, I really wish I had a mind reader handy.

Anyways, after a couple of minutes of just sitting there awkwardly, we got up and went to where everyone else seemed to be gathering. I didn't know what their thoughts were, heck I didn't even know what my opinion was. I wanted to rebel and fight back, but I kept getting a picture in my mind of Piper being the one strapped to the table. And I did NOT want that to happen.

>Sorry for the bad ending, but my mom is kicking me off the computer *glares at mother*<
I'm a JESUS FREAK! (but you can call me a 'Jeek' if you want :D

Why is a raven like a writing desk?

You aren't an official writer unless you're at least slightly mad.

84 Reviews

Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:27 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Jewel:

I felt such a great urge to stand up to that psychopath of a woman and give her a piece of my mind, but when the girl's screams filled the ar, I could even hold my head up.

I buried my face into my hands, pressing my palm against my mouth to smother the cry - there was no way I was going to give her the satisfaction of my tears. I felt Liam's comfortaing hadn on my shoulder, but it did little to sooth the pit that had formed in my stomach.

When I thought it was over, I lifted my head, just to see her inject something black into the girl and the girl starting having seizures, even foaming at the mouth. I felt a scream rise in my throat but choked it back down.

As the woman and her body guards left, I muttered venomously to Liam, "I'd like to see her without her body guards and her guns. I bet she wouldn't be that tough then"

But as I said that, I couldn't help but think about those jars of the colored liquids, each that apparently had a different purpose. As I remember the image of the jars, I realized each one was at a different level, which meant they were probably being used for - for what?

As everyone gathered around, it dawned on me - she uses those things on the kids who disappear. If my face wasn't already so pale, it probably would have grown ten shades paler. How many times have I layed in bed waiting to make sure everyone was asleep and heard screams similar to that girls? What is that crazy woman doing to all of those children!?

And how did she know that we don't do what we're supposed to. Are there...cameras?
Live, Love, Laugh

116 Reviews

Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:43 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

Malinda/Supervisor

I spent the rest of the week watching their reactions to my little show. They all seemed scared out of their minds, and I couldn't help but smile. But smiling wasn't getting anything done and it wasn't perfecting a certian black liquid. I had lucked up and grabbed an old syringe full, meaning the girl's death wasn't long and drawn out--which would have been just fine with me.

The children were becoming testy, it was clear, but they all stuck to what the schedual told them to do, so I guessed they were fine for now. But soon, the time would come when every one of them would be faced with death--or possibly freedom if the toxin was perfected.

I would walk down the halls on occasion, accomponied by guards of course. I didn't do the dirty work, I had people for that. But it would come to pass, the day I would walk down those halls, accomponied by the voices in my head and the speaches prepaired, and I would tell the children just what they should really fear. Not the Keepers with the guns, not the syringes full of deadly poison. No, there was something far worse to fear. My sadistic ways. I was a murderer, I admitted that. I killed children, I admitted that. I do it for the fun of it, I admit that as well. But I'm not scared of any of these children, no matter what they choose to believe. And I was sending them a sort of message the day I did walk down the hall alone.

Every eye was on me, as they always seem to be. A glimmer in their eyes told me they thought there was an advantage to over rule me, but whatever thoughts they had on that topic would soon be whiped away. Today was the day I told the truth. And there were certian children who needed to know what that truth was.

It was during the free hour in the game room that I went searching for Liam and Leda. Liam was, as always, accomponied by his new 'girlfriend' Jewel, who seemed to be cowering away from any Keeper she saw, probably scared she'd be next. Poor girl, whoever lied to her scared the skin off of her. Leda was sitting on the floor close to her brother, Will standing over her in a protective manner. I still failed to hear her accept the apology that came from deep inside Will's heart. Yes, I knew everything that happened here.

I took the chance to glance down at the clipboard in my arms, then proceeded to the far wall where the two siblings sat. I could feel the tension rising as I got closer, and all talk was silented. My heels made a slight clack on wooden floor--the only sound in the room. When I reached Liam and Leda, I could see their faces had turned pale. I was looking directly at them, letting them know that they were who I was seaking.

"Leda, Liam. I need a word with you in my office." There was a full pause before I added, "On level five." Every breath seemed to be held by everone in the room. I noticed the wrapping still on Leda's foot. "Would you like me to call for some help?" I nodded to her ankle. She shook her head and Liam scooped her up in his arms with ease. I turned on my heal and walked out of the room, pausing to hold the door open for them.

(Hope, you know what to do!)
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

Some call me a legacy, others call me a hero. But I assure you, dear admirers, I am only human.
— Persistence