z

Young Writers Society

Runaway Elements (full)

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:55 pm
MisunderstoodDreamer says...

Lily

The rain fell gently on my skin, and I lifted my face to the sky, sticking my tounge out to cath the cold drops. It felt good to finally be free! Plus I was extremely tired after running for so long. I knew I was a safe distance away, and that when my aunt and uncle did call the cops, they probably wouldn't be able to find me by now. I didn't care that my powers were weaker in this weather. It was just good to not be locked up in that old house.

I noticed a small restaurant by the side of the road. At the sight of it my stomac seemed to remember how hungry I was because it growled like a bear. On my way in, I passed a group of kids about my age. As I passed them, I heard one of them mention controlling the elements. I froze in my tracks, then spun around and bounded toasted them.

"What are you guys talking about?!" I asked urgently. I had never met anyone who was like me. Then again, I never really met anyone in general!

"Uuuhh...a video game?" one of them tried, but they knew I was onto them.

"You guys were talking about controlling the elements!" I became so excited. Suddenly I wondered why my aunt and uncle kept me shut up all these years. I was doing fine on my own. I had already found people like me!
I am a PUZZLE
yet to be put TOGETHER

But at the same time, I'm just one PIECE
still trying to figure out where I FIT IN

Reviews: 3
Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:07 am
MyStoryline says...

Torrey:

After Misty and Skyler introduced themselves, and then Wolf, a girl walked by, and before entering the restaurant stopped and said, "What are you guys talking about?"

"Uuuhh...a video game?" I said, though I knew she'd heard.

"You guys were talking about controlling the elements!" The girl said excitedidly.

Fira then yelled loudly, "Yeah, on the new video game called Zzzzzzzeldas's.....elementals...?" as an old man walked by, grumbling about stupid kids.

"Great job doctor smooth." I said sarcastically.

Fira:

Shoving my scarred hands into the pockets of my soaked jeans, I said lowly, "How about we not talk about this here? There are people, cameras, and it's just not safe."

From the looks of it, it appeared like we were all running away. "Maybe it's best if we leave now. 'Cause, you know, we've kinda been standing out here in a huddle, and the guy at the counters eying us like we're about to steal something. And well, let's admit that it probably looks like we're about to hijack the place."

*Is this okay?*

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:33 am
Redfang18 says...

Arthur Thomastien

One of the others had mentioned all of us appear to be ready for a hijacking. I blew out the candleabra's candles and began to walk away. I didn't want to get involved in any conspiracy, at least not yet. I noticed the one called Wolf was staring at me, curious perhaps. Although I spent the rest of my life on the streets, I never liked to be stared at. I looked at Wolf and said lazily, "It's not polite to stare at a fellow Elemental." On I walked, minding my own business. I had nothing else to say. The only place I could go is my lair- a quiet cottage just outside of town. I knew I was being followed by the others, but I didn't care. I could use the company in my lair. I was too used to being alone, but I always wanted to have some company. I wouldn't mind company, especially if the company was fellow Elementals.
Look down and show some mercy if you can.
Look down, look down, upon your fellow man.

~~~Les Miserables

374 Reviews

Reviews: 374
Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:45 am
tgirly says...

I was heading towards the ocean. I couldn't think of anywhere better to head, so I was heading that way. It was raining. I stopped to look up into the rain. Amazing. Beautiful. I hold my hands out, palms out, and feel the rains on my palms. I breathe in the scent of the rain, crisp and refreshing. Lovely. I'm enjoying the moment. It's like I'm in a trance, just staring at the rain. Then the trance break when I hear someone shout something about a video game. I start and look around. A small wave is forming around me. I drop it. I hate when I bend without noticing. It could get me in real trouble sometime. It probably has. I wouldn't know. I look around to see if anyone noticed. There's a boy staring at the air. Then, suddenly, there's a boy where he's staring. This could be dangerous. I'd better make myself scarce, fast.
When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
-Abraham Joshua Heschel

17 Reviews

Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:29 pm

Lily

The GhostFire kid started walking away, and the rest of us started to follow.

"I guess I never really introduced myself." I said as we walked. "I'm Lily." Everyone went around and said their names, then I hurried to catch up to Ghostfire.

"So what's your name?" I asked him.

"Arthur. You?"

"Lily. So you control fire! Me too!"

"Mainly time, but yes." I nodded. He was a really interesting person. I hoped we would get along. Of course, I hoped I would get along with everyone. We all seemed to be runaways, so I felt it would be important to become friends. We all seemed to get along fine, though, right off the spot! I guess we all understood that it was no coincidence that we all met each other at one time-it was fate! I felt like I was finally a part of something!
I am a PUZZLE
yet to be put TOGETHER

374 Reviews

Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:44 pm
tgirly says...

I watched the group from a safe distance. They began following one of them. I knew that it was reckless, but right now, they were my only chance at figuring out what was going on. Maybe I knew one of them before I lost my memory. I didn't have anywhere better to go. So I followed. From a safe distance.
When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
-Abraham Joshua Heschel

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:49 pm
sylverdawn says...

Lup Eoliene-Wolf:

Wolf trailed the others as they followed Arthur... Ghostfire into the woods. He kept mostly to himself, his eyes scanning their surroundings. The other elementals seemed to be fairly relaxed. Chances were if something was hunting any of them it was a normal threat. As opposed to his problem, which was another elemental.

Part of Wolf's mind was always focused on that link he had with Leo. It could tell him what direction his brother was in but not how far away. And frankly distance wasn't really a factor when it came to Leo's powers, his twin had massive range and could burn anything if he even had the roughest idea of location. So long as collateral damage didn't matter, and knowing his twin it didn't. Wolf wondered if the other Fire Elementals would sense an attack if his brother chose to 'play' with him.

"Not..." Wolf thought sardonically. "That I need protecting." He was fully capable of taking care of himself. Wolf sighed morosely, two months constantly moving and on the run had really taken their tole on him. He needed some R&R, but Wolf would bet everything he had that he wasn't going to get it. As happy as the others were with meeting people like them, Wolf couldn't help but see something ominous in their seemingly chance meeting.

"After all,"Wolf mused as he noticed one of the others drop back to walk beside him. "I stopped believing in coincidences a long time ago."
DANCE- Like no-one is watching
LOVE- Like you've never been hurt
SING- Like no-one is listening
LIVE- Like it's heaven on earth.

Please read and review my novel. The title is Fireborn. Here's the link.

novel.php?id=1157

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:03 pm
BelarusBirdy says...

Rain:
I wonder why we're following this kid, anyways. What about the others? Are they runaways?
Ah well. It's hard to stay nervous with this big a storm. Wolf looks on edge, glancing back every now and then, lost in is own thoughts. I silently debate over whether or not to say something.
"Hey," I call, dropping my pace so we're side by side. "What's up? You look nervous."
A falling star fell from your heart and landed in my eyes. I screamed aloud as it tore through them and now it's left me blind.
Florence and the Machine, Cosmic Love

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:19 pm
PrincessOfDarkness says...

Lidz ¬

"Hey. What's up? You look nervous," I turned and looked backwards. A girl had dropped back to talk to that guy. He was called Wolf, I remembered. He looked at least a year older than me, with black hair with white streaks and gorgeous golden eyes. He caught me staring, and I blushed and looked away.
"I'm fine," I heard him reply.
"Oh, that's good," She replied. "I'm Rain, by the way,"
"Wolf,"
"Oh...errr...nice name," I thought it suited him perfectly: solitary, dark, brooding.
"It suits you," I heard myself say. They both looked at me, and I began to feel flustered. "I mean ... errr ... it's a-a err ... nice name, I guess," I blushed red and turned back around, what's up with me? I thought, talk about emmbarrassed. But I couldn't help feeling emmbarrassed, and I hoped greatly that he didn't think I was a complete idiot.
Signature Pending

66 Reviews

Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:31 pm
sylverdawn says...

*This story needs a villain, so I've decided to provide one if no one else minds. If they do I can just delete the post.*

Name: Leu de Ardere (Romanian for Lion Burning) goes by Leo
Element: Fire and Heat

Physical description: Short dark red hair, almost the color of blood. He has the same golden eyes as his brother, although Leo's are a shade or two darker. Tall and broad shouldered he has a perpetual glare and his expression rarely changes from said glare unless he's around his brother or thinking of Wolf.

http://angel-image-gallery.blogspot.com ... feimo.html , This is the best picture I could find just ignore the wing.

Personality: Sadistic and hot tempered with a fascination for destruction. Leo is basically an emotional enuch. He can't comprehend things like mercy or compassion. Leo has no concept of right or wrong, good or evil. The only person in the world that matters to him is his twin brother. He see's Wolf as an extension of him and everyone, or everything, else as interlopers in the 'game' they're playing.

His love for his brother doesn't just border on the obsessive it shoots right past it. Despite Leo's indisputable insanity he is highly intelligent. He can easily act like 'Sweet, charming guy' but it's all an act. A master strategist who will happily move pieces around on the board. Although I'm not sure even he knows what his ultimate goal is.

History: Leo and his twin brother Wolf were raised by Romanians. Basically modern day gypsies. It was never really explained to the twins how they ended up adopting the brothers, so their true bloodline is a mystery.

From childhood Leo showed classic sociopathic signs. He enjoyed killing small animals, in his case burning them alive one piece at a time. Leo called it 'Feeding the Flames'. He always had a fascination with fire and as his mastery of the element grew he experimented with it more and more. Eventually Leo's control allowed him to change the color of his flames.

Nowadays the flames he summons are as black as midnight, they seem to absorb rather than emit light. The eerie flames combined with Leo's less than normal personality caused his extended family to call him the 'Dark Prince', and yes the reference to Lucifer was intentional.

Despite all the problems associated with Leo's personality and growing powers he was actually fairly stable as a child. Wolf acted as his brother's moral compass, pulling him back from going to far with his games and protecting him from the people they met as their family traveled around more and more.

Leo is well aware that his brain never made the cognitive leap to being his own individual. He knows that he is completely dependent to Wolf on the emotional level. His entire identity is bound up with his brother. So when he overheard their parent's talking about sending him away and seperating the brothers, Leo lost it.

The result was a massacre as Leo incinerated every one of their family. Since this happened at a family reunion that included distant relatives. When Wolf realised what his brother had done he ran away. Leo was at first confused as to why Wolf would react like that but has now simply decided that it's a new 'game'. The most extensive and lethal game of hide and seek ever to be played.

Other: It should be noted that Leo has yet to find the limit to how far he can extend his powers. A trait he shares with his brother. Leo is also categorically NOT up for love.

Leo is the younger of the twins by something like six minutes. Which is part of the reason Wolf was always so protect of him. You forgive you're little siblings for things you wouldn't even consider forgiving in other people.

It should also be noted that it would be very easy for Leo to become interested in 'playing' with the other elemental as well.
--------------------------------
Will post for both brothers shortly, computer on the glitch.

novel.php?id=1157

Reviews: 3
Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:32 pm
MyStoryline says...

tgirly, could you please put your charries name at the top of each post? Thank you. And sylver, I agree, it'll be interesting with Leo.

Fira

Torrey walked beside me, humming a song I didn't know. The rain had completely soaked me and I was freezing. Cupping my hands together, I brought them to my face and breathed a little bit of a flame onto them to warm them up. The red flame danced ove my hand for a second, then sizzled out from the rain.

A guy named Skyler didn't seem like he even cared he was wet, just that he was in the water. He jumped in a puddle here and there, too.

"Arthur!" I called over the wind in my husky voice, "Where are you taking us?"

374 Reviews

Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:43 pm
tgirly says...

*Sorry, slipped my mind. Will remember from this point forward.*
Eve:
I heard one of them call out and ask where they were headed, but the answer was lost in the pounding of the rain. Maybe I should turn back and stop following them. Maybe that kid really didn't appear out of nowhere and I was just imagining it. No. I can't start second-guessing myself. If it was a trick of the eye, then fine, it's not like I'm in a hurry. And if they are different like me, then I'll find out soon enough.
I'm careful to keep my distance, not be too close, but not be too far away that I lose them.
-Abraham Joshua Heschel

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:50 pm
PrincessOfDarkness says...

(OOC: I like the idea of a bad guy, and the idea that he might play "games" with the elementals. It's a really good idea :D)
Signature Pending

66 Reviews

Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:07 pm
sylverdawn says...

Lup Eoliene-Wolf:

Wolf flashed Lidz a cocky grin as he spoke. "Actually Wolf is just a translation, I was raised by Romanians. My real name is Lup Eoliene. It translates as 'Wolf Wind', fitting and a little ironic since air is my primary element."

"You mean you're a gypsy?" Rain asked as she shot him a wide eyed grin.

Shrugging Wolf answered as he glanced between the girls. "Not the traditional kind. My family was Romanian but my parents preffered American culture to their own. Mostly we just travelled around a lot and used Romanian for given names." He waited calmly to see how either girl would react. Wolf really wasn't used to dealing with other people. Most of his life his attention had been focused on his brother.

Leu de Ardere- Leo:

Leo surveyed the small rented cottage with distaste. The motel manager had advertised it as a 'quaint' place for people looking to get away from civilization. By the looks of things Wolf had left in a hurry, the room was a mess and forgotten clothes were scattered all over the place.

He laughed softly as he imagined the look Wolf must have worn when he'd woken to see that paw print burned into the wall. Throwing out a hand Leo watched a small black flame spark on the bed quickly spreading across the blankets and onto the floor.

Turning Leo walked out of the burning cottage and turned in a circle surveying the horizon. The only sound in the sunny afternoon was the crackle of the all consuming fire. "Hide and seek. Hide and seek. Which way did you go? Come on Big Brother, don't be a spoilsport" Leo murmured as he felt along the twin bond.

Halting he grinned softly as he looked to the west and a little way south. "Found you." Then Leo paused and cocked his head, as he sensed something new with the bond. "Oh Wolf, you've been very very bad haven't you."

Shaking his head Leo went over to his waiting motorcycle and took off down the road. Behind him black flames leaped into the air with a roar as the cottage burned.

*It should be noted that Leo's sensed the prescence of the other Elemental's around Wolf. Whether it was with the twin bond or because of his own powers he knows they are there.*

novel.php?id=1157

17 Reviews

Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:17 pm

Lily

Arthur seemed to be concentrating, so I decided to leave him be. I drew back to the rest of the group. I already felt close to these people, so I was very comfortable talking with them. Then it started to rain harder, and we could barely hear rag other. I started wondering where we were going. I could tell some of the others were doubtful too.

"Does anyone know where we're going?" I asked through the hard pound of the rain. Someone opene thier mouth to speak, but before they got the chance, something happened that nome of us were prepared for.…

(I know it's short but I just wanted to bring in the villain....if I didn't do it right then tell me and I'll delete this)
I am a PUZZLE
yet to be put TOGETHER

Nobody wants to see the village of the happy people.
— Lew Hunter