Young Writers Society

Two Worlds Come Together

453 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 453
Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:32 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

To be honest, Livvie found this Amanda woman intimidating. And by the looks of it, Jason did too. "Um, nice to meet you." Jason said.

"Yeah. Nice to meet you." Livvie said cautiously. Then she nudged Luna, and whispered. "Get to the point already. She looks intimidating!"

Livvie leaned away quickly and Jason squeezed her hand. Both found comfort.
*insert quirky signature here*

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:40 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Kartiel folded his arms, too.

"Well, Amanda," he said, "it's nice to meet you, too."

He gave her a smile that bordered on a smirk - his thoughts on her were clear. He didn't like getting talked about like he wasn't in the room, and a little bit of respect was appreciated.

Spoiler! :
I definitely didn't write this post before seeing that another post had been made. :P

And I just as definitely didn't decide to post my post as it was.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

616 Reviews

Reviews: 616
Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:05 pm
View Likes
FlamingPhoenix says...

Luna waved her hand at Livvie. "Shh! I'll get there."

Amanda's gaze shifted over to Livvie, Jason and Kartiel. "So...how did you three get here hmm?"

Thomas let out a low chuckle leaning more on the nerves side. "Luna and I took there here, because we think they will do some good for our people, beside their not bad either."

Luna quickly jumped in. "We also took them to the nesting grounds. And three dragonetts chose them."

"Really?" Amanda said not seeming to be fazed, "Well that is interesting, may I see the Dragonets?"
FlamingPhoenix The Art Freak!
Stay Creative!

453 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:21 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

Jason, feeling over-protective about Gale, moved him away, and shot Amanda a glare, but with a look from Livvie, he reluctantly set him down on the ground beside Ruby. The two dragonets watched Amanda with curious looks. They both let out purr-growls.

Livvie giggled. "Um, we are actually here for some other reasons as well." She gestured to Kartiel to do the rest of the talking, about their worlds getting connected by portals.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:24 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Kartiel didn't put Kon down.

And Kon, thankfully, didn't seem to mind.

"Your world is getting connected to our world through portals," Kartiel said. He held Kon close to him. "It's not the first time worlds have become connected. I know of another world that's done the same thing. I don't know if the rifts work the same way, but there was a time where the connection was dangerous earlier because the people from the other world didn't know how to interact with ours."
mage

queer and here.

616 Reviews

Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:31 pm
View Likes
FlamingPhoenix says...

Amanda nodded. "I see." Leaning down she stroked under Gale and Ruby's chins. "This isn't the first time it's happened here ether, in fact it quit common among our people. That is how the first portal between out world and the humans was opened up, I do believe that is the one you used to get in here." She glances at Luna and Thomas.

Both teen just nod knowing better then to speed unless spoken too.

"And I thank you for your concern young man, but my people and I are working on the portals as we speak." Amanda handed Ruby back to Livvie. "You know each one of your dragons mean a different thing. Livvie you must be something very valuable if one of the most protective dragons chose you." Amanda then turned to face Jason, as she handed him his dragon. "Now A Glider Dragon is something, their wiser then you would thing, and quick to learn." Glancing at Kon in Kartiel's arms Amanda let out a small laugh. "Well I see you two have formed quit a connection, he is the most loyal kind of dragon, he will die for you if your in any trouble. Now a wonder what this could mean." Leaning back on her table again the fixed all of them in her icy glare. "Now I do believe Luna and Thomas has already told you about my ability?"
Stay Creative!

453 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:12 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

Jason looked at Luna and Thomas. "Uh... no...?" he said. They might have, but then again, this entire time durig their trip, he spent half the time daydreaming. Livvie shook her head as well.

"And, another thing I might add is that Luna said that the main reason our worlds could be connecting is that there was a... war here?" Livvie said, watching Ruby play with one of the pompoms on her boot. "And, I don't think it's best to leave it open for long. If our leader finds out that there's another world, he would... pretty much destroy this place and take over." she took a sharp breath in.

When these words had finished tumbling out of her mouh, she realized how far away she really was from home, and a sudden pang of homesickness hit her, making her slump. Jason noticed this, but said nothing.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:35 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Kartiel didn't say anything to Livvie, but he did scoot over so they were close enough to hold hands if she needed to.

"Would that ability be granting wishes?" Kartiel asked, giving a curious little tilt of his head.
mage

queer and here.

453 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:52 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

Livvie felt a blush creep up. If Amanda really was the one who would grant their wishes, she had expected someone... more powerul looking and... a big, magical wizard, with a robe, and a poiny hat... She was getting off track.

Now the real question was: what were Livvie and Jason going to wish for?

616 Reviews

Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:43 pm
View Likes
FlamingPhoenix says...

Amanda nodded, folding her arms behind her back. "Yes there is a war, and we are trying our best to fix the portals, so all will be delta with over time, the key young lady is passions." she turned her gaze on Kartiel. "Yes that is my ability though I only grant it to those who seem fit." Turning to face Luna and Thomas she nodded her head towards the other three. "Go ahead and tell them."

Thomas nodded. "She will grant you your wish, but you must first bond with your dragon and become one with them."

"How you do this is over time and with training. When they learn to fly you will start to ride them, and once your training is at the point Amanda thinks your ready she will grant you your wish." Luna explained further.

Clapping her hands together a wicked grin formed on her face. "And here's the good part. Thomas and Luna will be teaching you."
Stay Creative!

453 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:01 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

Livvie's brows shot up, and she gawked at the older woman.

"Are you kidding?" Jason snapped. "We have to train these things?" he scrunched up his nose, irritated. Yeah, Jason was being mean, but since Jason was Jason, he was going to be ingnorant about the lessons, and it was written on his face. But his eyes softened when he saw Gale looking up at him, disappointed.

...At least it would give them more time to think about wishes.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:15 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

He looked down at Kon.

It was hard to tell if dragons grew at the same rate here as they had back at the End. He wouldn't be able to stay here for too long without someone back home noticing that he was gone. But he did have the added advantage of having dealt with dragons before - he knew how to bond with them.

The bonding, after all, had never been the question.

The question had been what he would request.

Kartiel had just been starting to get an idea when she had made her announcement. It was a wish that would take time; he could wait for Kon to grow up a little before he asked for it.

"You say that like it'll be a challenge," he said, giving her a cool smile. Another glance down at Kon, and the smile turned genuine - he even gave his dragon a little head rub.
mage

queer and here.

616 Reviews

Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:14 am
View Likes
FlamingPhoenix says...

Amanda's gaze shot towards Jason, almost like she was shooting ice shards at him. "You man training your dragon is the most important thing you will do in your life time, and its our most sacred tradition." She shifted her gaze on Kartirl. "Well I it is a challenge, the bonding with your dragon is some times a hard task. Once you have done that then I will grant you your wish."

Both Luna and Thomas cringed, knowing Amanda was getting a little annoyed with Jason's questions.

"Any other questions?" Amanda asked looking over the teens in the room. "I do hope your up to the task?"
Stay Creative!

453 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:28 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

Livvie felt like slapping Jason but for now, she had to control herself infront of Amanda.

She nodded her head jerkily. "Challenge accepted."

There was a pause and she continued, "Um, can we start tomorrow morning? I'm pretty tired and I'm sure everyone else is too." she smiled and looked at her watch. Eight thirty one.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:40 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

"Some sleep would be good," Kartiel agreed. If he wanted to do things to the best of his ability, he would need some rest. Besides, Kon had been napping periodically already - the little dragon could use the sleep.
mage

queer and here.

Properly trained, a man can be dog's best friend.
— Corey Ford