z

Young Writers Society

The Haunted Plantation (Finished.)

Reviews: 1
Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:30 pm
TaylorLove says...

Meg

Yep, that just made staying here worth my wild. I honestly do believe him and it is hard to get me to believe you about things like this. Kamria and Nick were beside me and I turned to them. "Great, now let's figure out who this lady is." I say.

Before we get to go, June, tells us what she heard. "I heard a girls voice say, 'You will all die.'" she tells us. We speak for a moment and I decide I am taking the first room, I see.

"Oh, the ghost is getting feisty." I say. "I want to see why she is here."

I tell her. I push my hair out of my face and smile. Some people give me an unsettling look, but I do not really care. "Well, I am going this way so if you want to come, so be it."

I walk out of the ball room and think of a good place to start. I walk up a stair case and walk down the stairs. Kamria comes a little after. "Hey, look at this room." She says. "Family room." She asks.

"That's what I am guessing. I what to know who the girl is that wants to kill up and why she wants us dead. Ghosty has a grudge and I want to know why." I say. I find a huge trunk and I go toward it. It is locked, so I pick it with a bobby pin in my hair. I open it and fine journals, pictures and things like that. "Looks like we will be doing some reading." I open up a few journals and see different names. "Oh, do we have more than one ghost. Oh how exciting." I say.

"What are there names?" Nick says, walking in the door.

I look back down and see what they are. "Emily and Sarah." I tell him. I remember the picture and only remember seeing one little girl and a mom. I read a little bit and find out that they are around the same age. Sarah's book stop long before Emily's does. "Emily, was Sarah your sister." I ask, loudly. The light flickers and I ask another. "Did you kill her?" I ask, eyebrows raised. Then thee or four light build explode. "Okay, touchy subject." I take out my phone and hold it under my face. "Spooky." I say smiling. I think for a moment. "I wonder if see hid the body? Mommy and daddy might not like it if they found out there little girl is a killer." I say. Then the lights fall from the ceiling and we are in total darkness.

"Okay, maybe you should keep your comments to your self." Nick says.

I sigh and stand grabbing the journals. "Fine, let's go to another room."
Last edited by TaylorLove on Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart
-Winnie the Pooh

120 Reviews

Reviews: 120
Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:46 pm
ladcat13 says...

Dayna Throrion

"Look, June," I begin calmy, "Your fears seem well founded. I think that your idea of searching the house is a good one. But really, at night? at midnight? We all know that's supposed to be haunting hour. How about this: we all get some shuteye, but to stop us all from dying in our sleep, we'll set up a watch. if you don't have a roommate, bunk up with someone else. One person will stay awake and the other will sleep. Every three hours, the two will switch places so that everyone gets some sleep. Sound like a plan?" I explain.

Several people nod and look at their roommates. A few look like they're too pumped up to go to sleep. I shrug. My work here is done. I leave the sitting room, and Rheyalyn follows. I swear, I might keel over myself if I stay up too long. That trip on the motorcycle took a toll on me. As I enter the room, Sarge whines and nudges my hand. He runs up to the bud and paws it, looking directly at me. Rheyalyn smiles in amusement.

"Looks like Sarge wants bed too," She laughs. I shake my head and frown, and she sees that I am serious.

"I was originally going to take first watch, Rheyalyn, but I think I might need to sleep. I apologize, but I know when Sarge is trying to give me a hint," I say as I sit on the bed. Now that Sarge has warned me, I can feel my head pounding and my vision blurring. My palms itch. I lay down and shut my eyes before Rheyalyn sees. Sarge leaps up on the bed and sniffs my face. I shush him and shake my head to clear it. Sarge curls up next to me and I fall asleep in a few minutes. My last thought before I do so is that Rheyalyn seemed skeptical. She has probably deducted by now that Sarge was not a blood pressure dog. I don't care: I'll tell her something completely different in the morning.

That night, I dream.

The faces, oh! All the faces! The looks in their eyes before I... I...

Every face of every person I'd killed, now in my head. They haunt my dreams, they torment my sleep. "I'm sorry! I'm so sorry! Please, leave me alone! Let me be! Déjame ser! I scream at the specters. Then suddenly, they part like the Red sea and a figure walks toward me. I am writhing on the ground, my head is pounding and I am in burning pain. The figure bends over me and I see their face. I have never seen them before, but the person seems to know me. Their eyes are glazed, their lips purple. A v-shaped bruise decorates their collarbone and their skin is translucent. I recognize a corpse when I see one, and I also recognize the awkward tilt of the head. They'd hung themselves and broken their neck.

"Yo no te conozco. ¿Quién es usted?" I whisper. In my distress, I have reverted to the language of my childhood. The figure offers no reply, but bends over me, one hand extended. I scream, and wake up. I am in the bed, in the house at the haunted plantation. But at the foot of the bed someone is standing and looking down at me. Their face is hidden in shadows, and fear fills me to the brim. But the figure steps into the light and it is only Rheyalyn. She seems concerned...

Spoiler! :
Take it from here, Wonder

Millions of miles from home
In the darkness before the dawn
In the swirling of this storm
When I'm rolling with the thunder
But bleed from thorns
Leave a light, a light on.

120 Reviews

Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:48 pm
ladcat13 says...

Spoiler! :
Oh, sorry. I didn't see that you've posted. Well, we can say that you guys were some of the ones that went searching anyway. Sorry!

But bleed from thorns

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:03 pm
Wonder says...

Rheyalyn Creatrix

Spoiler! :
This is kind of confusing...what happened? I just got out of school and had this big party, and now I'm somewhat lost...

I watch Sarge, the dog quietly, frowning slightly. Dayna is waking up, and I bend over her quietly, concern written all over my face. "Are you okay?" I whisper.

I glance over to look at the dog, who's watching us with large eyes. They seem knowing, in a way that chills me slightly. I shiver, even though I'm not cold at all in my fluffy blanket that I wrapped around me. Pulling it tighter around me, I realize my feet are cold. Stupid anklet socks.

Dayna had been writhing quietly in bed, moaning softly at times, while I stood there like an idiot, biting my lip. I had left quietly and come back to study Sarge from a distance, and the two of us had sat and stared at each other for what seemed like eternity. Sarge was intelligent, that was for sure. I had fallen asleep, too, dreaming of a large, blank wall that stretched forever. I made it into a world with my spray paint. I drew the sunset, the dawn, the moon, the stars, cities and forests and fields and oceans. I made it into a perfect world. And then it all cracked into pieces and formed a sphere. Earth. I was watching from afar as a single unpainted piece of concrete floated out, and I realized that it was the moon. I longed to paint it.

Then I realized that in my dream, I was like the human race, wanting to conquer everything. And then I saw more pieces of rock, of concrete, of something just screaming at me to be painted.

So I did.

When I woke up, I stood at the foot of Dayna's bed and quietly watched her. She seemed to be coming out of her nightmare, and I leaned forward.

So there I was, concerned, worried, anxious, and with cold feet.
I really needed to get some better socks.
Even though the girl smiles and laughs doesn't mean that she isn't dead inside.

120 Reviews

Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:23 pm
ladcat13 says...

"Ay Caramba" is all I say in response. My tongue seems to have deserted me. Spanish is all that comes to my head. I murmur an apology to Rheyalyn. A few minutes pass, in which all I can do is breathe slowly and search for my English. When I find it, I decide to give her some explanation. She deserves it. "I apologize, Rheyalyn. I have nightmares, sometimes. That's a part of what Sarge is for, to wake me up. I wonder why he didn't this time." Then I remember what was in the dream. The figure, the corpse with the broken neck! "Buenos dios sobre!" I exclaim. "In the dream, the ghost was in my dream!" Sarge suddenly reaches over and takes my hand in his mouth, pressing hard. He doesn't break the skin, but he is hard enough to leave a mark. The pain helps bring my focus in and keep the panic away. I pat him on the head and murmur to him in Spanish.

The alarm clock reads 2:30 in the morning. I tell Rheyalyn to get some sleep, she's stayed up longer than her watch. I stay awake all the way till dawn.

But bleed from thorns

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:31 pm
NicoleBri says...

Kamria Shamrock

More people came to the plantation to stay. Altogether 11 people are here. I smile with excitement. Meg, Nick, and I were reading through journals in their room. It seemed nice to have a room mate. I thought at first that I'd like being in a single room.. but now it wasn't to nice. I got up and went to the family room we had just left from. No one was there but I needed a break. It was nice meeting new people but it was also scary. I seen a guy in the room next to this one.

"Hi." I say. He looked up towards me and nodded. "Uh hi." he replies. "I'm Kamria." I say with a smile.

"Ivan." he replies. He looked really cute. I smiled and just sat down reading a journal I found when I was in the family room with Nick and Meg. "Sorry if I'm bothering you." I tell him when I'm done reading a excerpt from the journal. "Your not." he says.

Getting up I say good bye and walk out, I wait a moment then walk back in the room. He stares at me like I'm a weirdo but I say, "Can I ask you a question." He nodded so I took that as a yes. "Uhm.. this is weird, but can you room with me?" I ask. "I already have a room mate." he replies. I let out a sigh and walk back out. I really didn't want to sleep alone at night.

Walking to my room, I sat alone and had nothing to do. A tune started playing in my head and I started singing aloud. I felt free not being around my parents and I just danced around the room.
Words are a lens to focus one's mind.

- Ayn Rand

46 Reviews

Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:40 pm
NicoleBri says...

Nick Granger

Kamria, Meg, and I were all sitting in mine and Meg's room looking over some old journals we found in a family room. Some were longer than others. Kamria left and took a journal with her. She looked sort of lonely. "I'm worried about her." I told Meg. I know we barely knew anyone here but those two girls were my real good friends already. "Why?" Meg asked. "She seems a little lonely. Also she is alone in her room. No one to look out for her." I say. Meg smiled but didn't say a word.

We continued to look through the books and we found some other supplies. "Lets go up the next set of stairs. I wonder if anyone has went up there." I tell her. We get up and walk up there. It was cold and smelled damp. "It stinks up here." Meg said. I nodded. We went into a room, it looked as though it was a master bedroom from back in the day. "Are you cold or is it just me?" Meg asked. "I'm cold too." I replied.

"Meg, I know this sounds weird, but, I can feel if there is a spirit near.. I have been able to do this for quite a while." I tell her. She looked at me and smiled. "Well is there one right now?" she asked. "I feel as if there is a female spirit by that window, she is staring at us and she looks sort of mad maybe even angry." I say. Then realizing what I just said, we ran out the door and slammed it shut fast.

Running down the stairs I almost tripped but we made it back to the room safely.

- Ayn Rand

Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:51 pm
TaylorLove says...

Meg

I lock the door, even though I know it would do nothing. "I think I pissed her off." I tell him. "I know something is up there, she would not be angry if we are not getting close to something."

"I hate to say this, but you are right." He agrees. My eyes go wide and I stare at him. "Do I want to know what is going on in side your head?"

"I don't know, but I am going to tell you anyway." I say, almost warning him. "What if damp wood was not the only reason that it smelt bad. What if it was Sarah's body?" I ask.

"Meg, you do not even know if Emily killed Sarah." He tells me.

"I know I do not know for sure, but it is what I am going with right now." I say. My hands start to itch from all the dust, so I go in the bathroom to wash it off. When I look up from doing so, I see something scratched out on the mirror. I look more closely and see the words get out. I turn around and see the ghost of Emily standing there. I panic and scream the door slams. I beat on it and the lights burn out. "Get me out! Nick, help me." I cry out.
-Winnie the Pooh

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:55 pm
Jonathan says...

James Rushmore.

I sat down on my bed listening to the other people in the room who were all talking in hushed voices, I laid down and feel asleep immediately or I appeared to fall asleep but I had just closed my eyes rolled over and kept my ears open, after about an hour I heard them get up, open the door with a slight creek that would have woken me if I had been asleep then they all walked out on there tip toe but they made quite a bit of noise.

I got up about ten minutes later, put my clothes on and followed them down to the abandoned cabin that I had observed, I saw that they were all talking to each other in pretty loud voices but as it turned out they were just siting around having a drink, so I walked back to my cabin calling myself and idiot.

I tried to go to sleep but instead of that I kept on calling myself an idiot, when my cabin-mates came in I had an urge to get up and ask them what they had been doing, but instead I thought that if anyone heard these idiot "Having some party time." they would probably think that there were ghosts haunting the entire earth one of them came up and almost sat on my face, I decided that this was enough I got up and said "What are you doing laying in my bed?"I paused not getting an answer"And where on earth have you idiots been?"

The largest of them stepped forward (He was still smaller than I was.) and said "Its none of your voiceness." he seemed a little cross-eyed, I steeped for ward forward and said "What on earth are you trying to say?" he brought his fists up to defense I steeped forward and punched but stopped my hand about an inch in-front of his face, he toppled backwards knocking two others over (Note: there are about 4 people in my cabin besides me.) he had fainted the others picked him up and laid him on his bead then went to their own beds they did this wide eyed.
There seems to be nothing written here. :shock:

184 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 184
Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:13 am
View Likes
veeren says...

Jameson Hemlock

A haunted mansion, you say?

I looked out of the window the car into the land I'd made arrangements to live at for the next year. Granted, I'd be sharing it with about a dozen other people, but hopefully it'd be big enough for all of us.

And all you wanted me to do was figure out why it's haunted.

I turned to the driver, "How much longer, sir?"

"A few minutes, the mansion property is just our ri-"

"I noticed," I cut him off, "Thank you."

I went back to observing the fencing along the border, almost antique in it's styling. It's no wonder a ghost would show up here, the place must've been ages old. But who cares about ghosts when you can buy a mansion, right? I rummaged through my blazer jacket to pull out an intricately designed pocket watch, clicking it open as I found its switch. Already past noon. I shut the watch and set it back inside my jacket, noting that'd we'd arrived at the gate.

"Name?" The gate guard asked.

"Where I'm from, they call me brilliant."

The guard looked at me with an impassive expression. Take a joke, dude.

"Jameson Hemlock."

He looked at a file in his hand and nodded at the driver. We took off once more, and I finally got an unobstructed view of the mansions front lawn. It was bare for the most part, as if no one bothered to take care of it. Or the owner's just trying to make the place look more eerie. There were patches of dirt all over, and my brain automatically began making assumptions. Perhaps they were dug up on purpose? I tended to over-analyze things a bit to much, and it annoyed me more than you'd think. Most people are annoyed that they could stay focused on one thing, I was annoyed that I could only focus on one thing.

"Sir." The driver called.

"Hm?"

"We've arrived."

I turned my head and noticed the large building sitting just to the left of the car, "Ah, isn't this a bit small to be a mansion."

"No." He got out of the car and made his way for suitcase in the trunk. I'd only packed one, because I recalled a promise made that we'd be given new clothes.

Hopefully they remember that I refuse to wear any suit that's not silk.

I opened the door and stepped out of the car. The building wasn't all that tiny, in fact it was rather large, I just wouldn't advertise it as a mansion. It was just as old and creaky looking as I'd expected, something that just screamed for rebellious teens to go snooping around in it. All I hoped for was working plumbing.

I turned back to the driver, "Hey you thi-"

The car was nowhere to be seen, only my suitcase reminding me that something had once been there.

Of course, don't even say goodbye.

I grabbed the handle of my suitcase and looked up at the building once more. Well, only thing left to do now is go inside.

With that, I made my way up the stairs and into what would be my home for the next 365 days, had I not driven myself to an unfortunate demise before that.
"Love is the name for our pursuit of wholeness, for our desire to be complete."
-Plato's Symposium

120 Reviews

Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:08 am
ladcat13 says...

Dawn is just beginning to gleam through the window when I suddenly hear a scream. I have been dressed for awhile and had been sitting watch with my machete laid across my knees. The scream is not far away, and it sounds like it's... above us! I remember the people who'd gone to search the house despite my warning. They must be on the third floor, above the suites. Sarge barked at the ceiling in alarm, and I take a hint. We both zoom out of the room and towards the nearest staircase. I take the stairs two at a time, Sarge keeping pace right beside me. The machete leaps willingly out of the scabbard and in my other hand, the gun from its holster. The person yells again, crying for help. I try the door, and am not surprised it is locked. I signal Sarge against the wall. His training as a police dog includes these kinds of situations, so he knows to hug the wall while I kick the door down. Then he will rush in from the side and cover me.

I throw all my might into the kick, but the door won't budge. I kick it again, and the lock crumbles. The third kick causes the hinges to rip, but still it sticks in the frame. One final kick sends it flying, and Sarge and I are in. We nearly step on Meg, who is scrabbling away from the specter. It takes the form of a young girl, malevolent and angry. I know it's useless, but I can't help myself: I shoot at it. The ghost seems frightened by the bullets and the noise, though they pass right through it. With a scream that chills me to the bone, it seems to explode into thin air. A coat of grey dust settles in its wake, but the ghost is gone.

But bleed from thorns

46 Reviews

Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:45 am
NicoleBri says...

Cal Jenson

I was happy so many people I invited actually accepted this invitation. Of course who wouldn't. Free living. One thing they didn't know was.. how many people actually died there. I knew all the secrets to that place. After all, I used to live there. The pictures they see, were all my late family from the 1800's and back. I'm not sure exactly what or who is haunting the place. That is their job.

Sitting in my chair I re look over everyone's background, I chose the best of the best and most of them have a high chance of becoming a detective one day. Also, I know some of their parents. I had a sly smile on my face.

knock knock

"Come in." I say.

"I need to talk to you."

"What? Make it quick, you know how busy I get." I say.

"Why are you doing this to those poor young adults?"

"They will be fine, I am watching their every move.. if something happens, they will know how to cope. I told them they might get hurt so on and so forth." I say with a smug smile.

"Whatever Cal. Watch out for them."

"Please do not touch me." I say and pushing the hand from mine.

Finally I was back alone. I needed to think of what I needed to do. Should I give them stuff to help them out? No. They have each other. Hmmmm.....

- Ayn Rand

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:17 am
winterbites says...

*Hope this is alright c: Oh and Dan is his brother that he killed in a car accident... **

Jorden Morris

I walk through the door way after being told to come in. I sat down on an old wooden chair, waiting for someone to come and tell me what to do or where to go. I had come by earlier looking for a place to stay. My girlfriend just recently kicked me out after a long term relationship. I looked everywhere in my price range. I don't even know what drew me to this house. It may be old, but houses like this aren't cheap. But when Cal told me I could stay for free, I was over the moon, this is what I needed. He said he'd discuss the finer details with me later. So I'll just wait here till then.

I looked around the room I was sitting in, the roof was slightly greyed, and the walls were darkish. I filled with my backpack and got out my journal and pen. And began writing, Well, Dan, I've found a place to stay after a few weeks. I don't know what the catch is. But it’s big and well, a little scary... I wish you were still here, I know I say this in every entry. But, I do. I wish dad didn't have to kick me out like that. I was only standing up for you. I'm sorry for everything I did. I didn't mean to crash the car- I sniff, not realising I've started to cry a bit. I wipe my eyes and put the book away.

”Hello. I’m Cal Jenson. I am inviting you to stay at my plantation for at least a year. Free.” I look up at him.

"We already went over this..." I sigh.

"Oh, yes... Jorden? Right?" He asks looking at a sheet of paper.

"Yes, sir." I nod and stand up. "Cut to the chase. Why is this place rented to me for free. Do I have to be a servant? Slave? Butler?"

"Oh, no, no, sir. You will be sharing with other people," he directs his head up the wooden stairs, "And nothing like that, you won't be a servant. I need a few people to work something out for me...” his nasty smirk grew wider.

"What?" I squint my eyes.

"I'm just going to say it. This place," he threw up his hands, "Is hunted."

"Right." I stop myself from laughing.

"He isn't joking," A random girl says from behind him. I cross my arms. Cal whispers something in her ear, she groans and nods, "Come with me, I'll show you where you'll sleep." I nod and follow her up stairs.

"You guys are crazy," I laugh as we ascend up the stairs.

"Excuse me?" she says narrowing her eyes at me.

"C-R-A-Z-Y. You really believe in all that stuff?" I raise an eyebrow.

Spoiler! :
Can be any of the girl’s c:
Sorry, it isn't that long |:
I've got you under a spell and I don't think I'll be letting you out~ If Only She Knew Voodoo Like I Do, Get Scared.

46 Reviews

Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:40 am
NicoleBri says...

Kamria

I seen Cal in a room with some guy I never seen before. Walking in I go stand behind him.

The first thing I heard was, "I'm just going to say it, this place is haunted." Cal said.

"Right." the guy said with a chuckle.

I immediately get serious. "He isn't joking." I say with a stern look. Cal whispers to me to go show him his room and I go groan. "Come with me, I'll show you where you'll sleep." He nods and walks up the long stairs with me.

"You guys are crazy." he says.

"Excuse me?" I say.

"C-R-A-Z-Y, you really believe in that stuff?" he asks raising an eyebrow at me.

"Well when you have experiences at a place, you start believing. Trust me, you will be a believer soon." I say with a smile.

We walk down the hall passed my room, he just so happened to get a two bed bedroom. "This is where you will sleep. By the way, I'm Kamria." I say to him.

"Jorden Morris." he replies. We shake hands and I smile.

"Goodnight Jorden." I say then walk to my room next door. Opening it one last time before he shut his door. "If you need something. I'm only a knock away." I say. He sort of smiled and said, "Thanks." then we closed our doors.

- Ayn Rand

Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:33 pm
TaylorLove says...

Meg

When the bathroom door gets beaten down, I launch out of the room. I gasp and try to catch my breath from all the screaming. A gun fires and I jump a little, but go back in. The girl is gone and I sigh. The fact oh being in the bathroom did not scare me. It was the fact that I could not get out. "Thank you." I tell the person that saved me.

"No problem." they tell me.

I sigh and go back to my room. Nick comes in the room, looking panicked. "There you are." He tells me.

I look at him confused. "Here I am?"

"I went to go get something to beat the door down. When I came back, the door was already beaten down." He tells me.

"Yep, the ghost carved into the mirror 'get out.'" I tell him.

"What?" He asks.

"I am not kidding. I am not really off the a great start. The first day and she already hates me." I tell him. I sigh and cross my legs on the bed, reading some of the journals. I flip a few pages and find myself growing thirsty. Not because of reading, but from all the screaming. "I am going to get some water. Do you want something?" I ask Nick.

"Water, please?" He asks. I nod and walk out, my nose is the journal. I walk down the hallway and as I turn the corner and I am run over by some bald guy.

"Gosh, man." I say.
-Winnie the Pooh

First you broke my moustache, now you break my heart.
— MaybeAndrew