z

Young Writers Society

The Mage's Prophecy [Full]

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:57 pm
WebzTycoon says...

Vincent

The timeless, immortal, youthful young vampire meditated; his mind sat in a trance, his work was in progress. His legs criss-cross and his hands extended forward, Vincent hummed a droning melody that echoed throughout the misty slopes of the Martan Mountains. The cold, icy rock in which Vincent sat chilled him to the bone. But in this trance, he felt no pain, no comfort nor discomfort, nor knowledge. Simply peace and connection with all forms of life. He continued to murmur his deep hymn.

Elves of the mighty forest and leaves
and the vampires of the shadows and night
head my call
head my call

Come to Heaven Spire
the divine palace of the Earth
at the foot of the mountains
of the peaks of martan
let all those who are noble
and grant those of which are worthy
come to the Heaven Spire

The, we shall decide, the fate of this war
and all our destinies
there we will devise a plan to end the war
and save the lives of many
Let us stop the evil of dwarf and wolf
and their encroaching darkness
once and for all
let their kingdoms fall!!!

Come to the heaven spire
oh mighty elves of the forest and leaves
and vampires of the shadows
head my call
head my call...

his voice trailed off, and at that moment, something remarkable happened. The voice of the immortal vampire Vincent Shadow blade reached the mind or every elf and vampire alike, who where all very familiar with the voice, who all began to wonder what Vincent's plan was. Includeing half-elf, half dwarf, Phillip Hagsmire, one of the most famous dwarves in all the land.

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:04 am
fictionfanatic says...

Sorry haven't posted my profile yet XD

Name: Adam Lellan

Race: Werewolf

Appearance (No Anime): Adam has dirty blonde hair that's cut short in some areas and long in other (yeah, bad description, just follow picture.) He has hazel eyes, stands at five feet ten inches, and has a pretty strong build. He has a scar across his chest from a fight he got into with a vampire three years ago, and it is still there in werewolf form.
Spoiler! :

When a werewolf, he has a blonde coat with brown, dark brown, and black streaked through it, like this:
Spoiler! :

Personality: Adam's a take whatever life throws at you kind of guy, though he does loose his temper quickly. When his temper is still under control, he is always wearing a smile on his face. He's always cracking jokes, loves a laugh, but he can't turn down a fight and is hot headed. He's a sweet boy and is protective of the people.

History: When Adam was five years old, he was found by a werewolf. His parents had abandoned him: all Adam remembers of them is that his mother had beautiful blonde hair, brown eyes, and a sweet face. His father had brunette hair, green eyes, and a strong, friendly face. Adam isn't sure why the werewolf, Jasper, took him in. Perhaps he knew that Adam was a werewolf. Perhaps it was sympathy. He's not sure.

Other: None

Up For Love?: Sure thing
Live, Love, Laugh

84 Reviews

Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:22 am
fictionfanatic says...

How would you guys feel about putting the race next to the name? It's just a suggestion, it was just getting kind of hard to keep clicking back to see everyone's races. Just an idea :)

Adam - Werewolf:

Cupping water in my hands, I splashed it on my face, the coldness of it sending a chill through my spine. Shaking the excess water from my hands, I ran my fingers through my hair. A sigh filled my body, glad that the night was over and the morning sun was up.

Turning on my heel, I started to silently run through the woods. I came to a halting stop when I heard a familiar voice. Isabelle? A strangers voice said, "You, werewolf, are on Elf territory. I see you are far from your clan or whatever you tend to call your people."

Following the noise, I found my way towards the voices. When I got to them, I saw Isabelle talking to two elves, a male and a female. The two elves had their backs towards me, and after Isabelle said, "But if you want, I'll leave". Her tone went from sickly sweet to meloncholey.

I couldn't help but let out a low chuckle, then called out to her, "Wait!"

The two elves jumped a little at the sound of my voice, turning to face me, and Isabelle turned back around.

"And who are you?" The female elf demanded.

With a smile, I replied, "Can't you tell? I'm a werewolf." I slowly circled around them once and continued, "I'm offended! I can tell you two are elves and you can't tell I'm a werewolf. Shame." I circled again, continuing, looking to the male elf, "Part of the 'clan, or whatever you tend to call your people'."

I stopped circling, back where I was in the start, raising an eyebrow, holding my arms out to my sides and shrugging, "But don't worry, I try not to hold grudges after insulted."

*Hope this is okay! :) If not, say so and I'll change it :)*
Live, Love, Laugh

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:33 am
sylverdawn says...

*Will post shortly. Need to catch up first.*
DANCE- Like no-one is watching
LOVE- Like you've never been hurt
SING- Like no-one is listening
LIVE- Like it's heaven on earth.

Please read and review my novel. The title is Fireborn. Here's the link.

novel.php?id=1157

66 Reviews

Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:59 am
sylverdawn says...

*Here's my profile as stated earlier I will post just as soon as I catch up.*

Name- Kyran Valseif (Kyr)
Age- 18 physically, chronologically unkown
Race- Elf
Appearance- Unruly dark brown hair almost black, slanted red eyes, pale skinned and a slender (some would say scrawny) body. Rarely seen without his trademark cocky smile. (Here's the link below.)

http://media.photobucket.com/image/blac ... k.png?o=37
(And yes I know he looks more like a vampire then an elf)

Personality- Extremely confident and proud with an almost reckless disregard for danger. Kyr will charge into the fray no matter the odds. Extremely loyal to the friends he has Kyr is nevertheless very aware of the danger the coming war represents.

Kyr has a bit of a devil-may-care personality and normally gives little thought to the consequences of his actions. Despite this he takes the conflicts very seriously often worrying about potential threats even when everything seems fine.

Courageous and independent Kyr has problems with authority figures of all kinds. He's just not the type to take orders, preferring to march to the beat of his own drum. He is incredibly headstrong and stubborn to a fault. Or as his friends puts it "The nicer way to say he's stupid."

Powers- Kyr has the elemental power of wind and the ability to speak with animals. Despite this Kyr is inexperienced in using these powers and when he does things have a tendency to backfire on him.

History- For as long as he can remember Kyr has been on his own. He grew up in the Turning Wood. A vast forest that lies in the shadow of Death Mountain, the world's largest volcano. The forest is steeped in magic. Numerous monsters call it home and ancient magics released in earlier wars have rooted in the trees and warped the pathways. It is said that no one enters the forest and leaves alive.

A place thick with mystery and steeped in deadly magics. The Turning Wood is also rumored to hide some of the most prescious treasures of the world. Adventurers often venture into it's depths despite it's fierce reputation. Despite his young age Kyr was born several centuries ago. He wandered through one of the spells in the Turning Wood and it carried him forward in time.

From what Kyr can figure out he ended up in the woods at around age 4. His ability to talk with animals saved his life on numerous occasions. When he was eleven Kyr found a group of travelers caught in one of the forests traps. He freed them and guided them out of the forest. Kyr went with them when they left.

Kyr has found the world a fascinating place. With no family or home to call his own he's wandered from one place to the next. He basically raised himself. Due to his isolated childhood Kyr lacks the prejudices other elves have. He doesn't really see what all the big fuss is about between the different clans.

Other- Likes music, can often be found playing a battered old harmonica. He always wears a pendant around his neck. A golden topaz with a strange rune carved into it. It is all he has of his birth family. Since Kyr cannot even recall their faces.
Up for Love?- Sure he is, But Kyr is more interested in exploring as much of the world as he can right now. Getting his attention isn't an issue, it's keeping it that's the problem.

novel.php?id=1157

66 Reviews

Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:42 am
sylverdawn says...

*Kyran's first name is a twist on the ancient word ki'ran meaning "true harmony" *

Kyran Valseif- Elf:

"Good girl." Kyr crooned softly as he stroked the owl's snow white feathers. The snowy owl ruffled her wings as she dug her talons into her perch on his arm. Images flashed through his mind as Moonheart showed him what she had seen in her flights.

In the distance a group of elves and werewolves were arguing with eachother. Not very far away as the owl flies, but too far to reach on foot. And Kyr didn't exactly relish flying himself. The last time he tried he'd fallen thirty feet and nearly broken his neck.

"Thank you Wing Sister." Kyr told the owl. "Now you should fly back to your nest. Dawn isn't too far off." Kyr jerked his arm up propelling the owl into the air as she beat her wings rapidly.

Kyr smiled at the sight of the owl flying silently through the trees. A white feather drifted down and Kyr reached out and caught it. Tucking the gift behind his ear. His ears pricked as the familiar sound of music reached his ears. Curious Kyr followed his ears. Soon enough his sharp elven eyes caught the glint of firelight and he found himself emerging from the trees in an occupied clearing.

novel.php?id=1157

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:41 am
Redfang18 says...

Willow Shaymin- Elf

Jack still had his eyes closed as he played his lute. His music was mesmerizing, almost soothing enough to lull even an Elder to sleep. I listened as he played, almost falling asleep myself. Suddenly I heard a rustle from the trees. I clung to my piccolo and waited for the interloper to show face. When I saw that the interloper was a fellow elf, I set my piccolo in my dress. I said calmly, "I am Willow Shaymin, the only Wind elf of the Plant elven tribe. Who are you?"
The elf said, "Kyran. Most call me Kyr." He eyed a seemingly sleeping Jack. "Who's your friend?"
I said, "That is Jack Starmie, a member of the vampires." I chuckled. "Don't mind him. When he plays the lute, he gets lost in his music. It happens to him all the time."
Jack's playing continued as his fingers strummed through his strings to a more somber tune, his face somber like his music. He played like he's done it his whole life. That was something even I couldn't understand about him. Whatever secrets that he has, he seemed to know how to keep them hidden.
Look down and show some mercy if you can.
Look down, look down, upon your fellow man.

~~~Les Miserables

232 Reviews

Reviews: 232
Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:18 pm
View Likes
MiRaCLeS says...

Alec West -Werewolf

Alec was out on the open forrest, enjoying the soft earthy feel under his paws and the wind streaking his dirty blonde fur. Sometimes, life as a werewolf weren't bad. After all, humans don't get to run through the open forrest at a speeed that feels like you're flying. The heightened senses weren't bad either, with his new and improved hearing, he could tell that there was a stream to his right. His vision could pick up the tiny vines that ran through leaves and the ants that scurry across the ground.

Up ahead, he could see the figures of what looked like some humans and an elf. He decided that he would go and see what's happening.

**OOC: Is this alright? Or should I make Alec go somewhere else?**

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:32 pm
gleek456 says...

(That's great MiRaCLeS!)

Isabelle Gonzalez

I turned to see Adam. I smirked at the elves as they "offended" Adam. I quickly took Adam's wrist before he could say anything else and dragged him with me.

"If the elves say they don't want us, they don't want us," I said. I looked over my shoulder and waved my fingertips for goodbye. "Thanks for being hospitable!" I called out sarcastically.

We reached the end of their area and I let go of his wrist.

"Why did you do that?" he asked.

"I sensed the temper in you," I answered. Adam rolled his eyes and laughed. I turn to see another figure, a werewolf figure.

(Hope this is okay!)
YOU'VE GOT THAT ONE THING

84 Reviews

Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:40 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Adam - Werewolf:

Before I could continue, Isabelle grabbed me by the wrist and began to pull me away.

"If the elves say they don't want us, they don't want us," She said said, looking over her shoulder and with a wave calling out sarcastically, "Thanks for being hospitable!"

When we reached the border of their area, she dropped my arm.

"Why did you do that?" I asked as we passed the line of their territory.

"I sensed the temper in you," She replied.

A laugh escaped my mouth as I rolled my eyes. She knew me too well. The snap of what sounded like twigs caused us to turn our heads, seeing Alec standing there.

"Alec! You missed it!" I said excitidly, a large smile on my face.
Live, Love, Laugh

424 Reviews

Reviews: 424
Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:58 pm
Demoness says...

Talithia

I paced through the woods, dodging branches and leaping over stones and roots.
I was on the path towards the city, but avoided walking on the road since I feared I might meet somebody. Instead I kept a distance good enough not to be seen from the road, but still be able to hear if there was someone there and close enough not to lose track on where I was going.
I’d heard whispers that travelled with the wind and between trees and rocks and the rumours said the lesser good of the two twins had surfaced in Aleafia.
These words, rumours or not, had given me hope! I would get my revenge and I would make my brother Timothy proud!
"Some say the world will end in fire;
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice." - Robert Frost

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:22 pm
creativemuse1 says...

Stephan - Elf

I rolled my eyes as I climb back on my horse. "Well, my work here is done. I am leaving. Mustn't keep father waiting for too long." I turned around. My man, Herald, came up behind me. "I smelt dogs. Are you alright, sire?" He said, hand on his sword. "I am quite alright, Herald. We must make hast if we want to make the castle by nightfall." I replied with a laugh.
:)Life is full of hard times and good times. Lift your chin up, Ladies and Gentlemen.

232 Reviews

Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:02 pm
MiRaCLeS says...

Alec - Werewolf

"Alec! You missed it!" Adam said with a large smile on his face.

Alec had changed to human form a short while back, he was still a bit wobbly on my feet. The transition between using four legs to four isn't so easy ya' know.

"What did I miss? Nothing exciting, I hope." Alec said, casually sweeping his overgrown fringe to one side as the words came out.

Alec had heard a bit of shouting, but he wasn't sure what they were arguing about. Someone probably had another 'you're in my territory!' fit. Those fights had been appearing all over the place recently.

"Well..." Adam started to explain.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:26 pm
PrincessOfDarkness says...

Arwen | Elf ¬

The Werewolves left. Somehow, it was as if someone was telling me to follow them. And say sorry. Frowning, I followed them into the trees.
There was a Werewolf there that hadn't been there before, called Alec, if I'd heard correctly. He had black hair and stunning green eyes. I blinked.
"I don't think there should be territories," I said. They all stopped speaking suddenly. Why had I said that? It had just seemed ... right somehow. "I don't think the clans should fight,"
The Werewolf boy, Alec, turned to me.
"You really think that?"
No. "Yes," Who was making me say this? But all of sudden, it struck me how good looking the werewolf boy was. I blinked and shook my head. How could I think a Werewolf was good looking? They were our enemies. So why did I feel attracted to him? His dark hair, and green eyes. Anger swirled in my belly. Without realising it, I smashed the tree to my left, shard flying into the air. I hovered the stone in the air and smashed it on the floor. I unsheathed my knives and held them at the ready, aimed at Alec.
Why a Werewolf?
The thought bounced through my head as I hurled the knives at him.

(OOC: She threw the knives straight at Alec, but she IS going to make them stop in front of him, so I don't want any of you jumping in the way. She's gonna stop the knives just before they hit him, grab them, and run off)
(OOC: That was the Mages influence, making us all come together- that is why she was saying things she didn't want to say, 'cos the Mage was making her. ;O!)
Signature Pending

232 Reviews

Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:44 pm
MiRaCLeS says...

Alec -Werewolf

"I don't think there should be territories." Alec heard a voice from behind.

He cautiously turned around, you can't be too careful here. He found to his, surprise that those words have came from an elf. Her hair was of a glossy brown and her eyes were highlighted by a pattern of vines and leaves.

"You really think that?" Alec asked. He found that hard to believe. He thought they had just been arguing about territories earlier on and now the elf had come back and said that she think there shouldn't be any more territories. What in the mad world is this?

"Yes." The Elf answered his question.

The next few moment was a blur. Alec found his emotions change from confusion to panic. The Elf began smashing up trees and stones and as if that wasn't bad enough. She had somehow unsheathed her dagger, aimed it Alec and threw it.

The dagger kept coming. Everyone second it inched closer. Alec stood there, unable to do anything. He was petrified with fear. No matter how much his mind willed him to move. He stood still.

Move you idiot! His mind screamed at him.

His body, however, refused to move. He could do nothing but stare in absolute horror as the dagger flew closer and closer to ending his life every second.

'Hush, hush!' I whispered; 'people can have many cousins and of all sorts, Miss Cathy, without being any the worse for it; only they needn't keep their company, if they be disagreeable and bad.
— Emily Bronte, Wuthering Heights