z

Young Writers Society

House of Murder

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:20 pm
Camulaeus says...

Banksy

Jewel had broken down. Her birthday was in a few mere days; no wonder she was so upset. Koda had placed a graphite-stained hand on her shoulder, and Will was supportively clutching her knee. Ashton was apart, thinking hard to herself. Probably of ways to save Jewel. I already knew how; but I doubted it would work.

"We could protect you; like the Secret Service' even before I finished; images of men in black wearing sunglasses and ear-pieces taking bribes filled up my mind.

Will shook his head. "That won't work, they always find a way to get them." he said solemnly. This sent Jewel into more tears. Ashton suddenly piped up, I wonder what she was going to say.
With friends and courage one can stand against all foes, for neither man nor God can conquer those who are not alone

"109 in the sky but the pigs won't quit"

GLBT it doesn't matterone thing doesn't change who we are

5 Reviews

Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:21 pm
Camulaeus says...

Banksy

Jewel had broken down. Her birthday was in a few mere days; no wonder she was so upset. Koda had placed a graphite-stained hand on her shoulder, and Will was supportively clutching her knee. Ashton was apart, thinking hard to herself. Probably of ways to save Jewel. I already knew how; but I doubted it would work.

"We could protect you; like the Secret Service' even before I finished; images of men in black wearing sunglasses and ear-pieces taking bribes filled up my mind.

Will shook his head. "That won't work, they always find a way to get them." he said solemnly. This sent Jewel into more tears. Ashton suddenly piped up, I wonder what she was going to say.
With friends and courage one can stand against all foes, for neither man nor God can conquer those who are not alone

Reviews: 3
Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:49 pm
MyStoryline says...

finished and edited my profile

Shawn:

I walked over at the sound of the formulating of a plan. Jewel said she was okay with going, but there was no way I was going to let anyone disappear.

I placed my hand over Koda and Jewel's, and then I piped in, "You're not going anywhere Jewel."

I looked at everyone around me and added, "I'm in."

Patiently, I waited for the others to agree.

*Sorry it's so short*

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:16 pm
BrooklynWriter says...

Piper

I watched from my bunk as the other orphans got together and talked about the kids who had disappeared and who they thought was next. Some of the younger kids were watching from there little groups around the room. Some of them wanted to escape and some of them just sat there and looked confused. I assumed that no one knew that I was listening. It was either that or no one really cared.

Heck, I didn't really care. I was putting the finishing touches on my climax scene when they had started mentioning the supervisor. Then, I couldn't help but listen in. Now, they were doing some cliche group thing that always happens in the middle of some stupid Disney movie or something. I think it was some sign of teamwork or something. On the other hand, all the talk of getting out of here. That sounded pretty good to me. Even though I wouldn't be in any danger for another three years, I hated here. I had always hated being in the system. Getting out of here sounded like music to my ears.

I turned a couple pages in my notebook and tore a page out and scrawled "I'm in.". I folded it up and flicked it at Ashton's head since she seemed to be leading this little love fest. She unfolded it it and read the message and looked up at me, her eyebrows raised. I shrugged. (Hope that's okay forsakin.)

(Sorry it's a little short)
Last edited by BrooklynWriter on Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:39 pm
untameabletiger says...

name/child number: Liam #96

description/picture: Liam looks weak, but he is definitely not. He has long black hair, but only long enough to partially cover his eyes. He stands tall at about six feet and has light blue eyes that has a touch of light brown around the middle along with some yellow.
Spoiler! :

likes: Hanging with the closest thing to friends you can find here, drawing, listening to music(if not playing it), snakes and people who aren't afraid to stand up for things they believe in.

dislikes: Arrogant people, people who pick on or push around his sister and pushovers/liers.

skills: Liam is one of the best(if not the best) at drawing in the orphanage. He has an amazing mind; he thinks differently then most people and he is pretty good with hand to hand combat.

weaknesses: He's a sore loser, and usually has a hard time talking to girls. He also has a difficult time saying no.

history: He has been in this orphanage for as long as he can remember with his sister. The only parts of his life outside of this place are the ones he doesn't want to remember. He watched his father get murdered, when he was somewhere around four years old, his sister only two. He remembers the terrified screams he gave when his mom forcefully brought them to the orphanage. He heard her speak a simple sentence before pushing him out of the car "I hate you."

personality: Liam is definitely one of the best listeners around, he is VERY protective of those he loves and would give his life to protect them. He doesn't usually have a lot to say, but he when he does, it's worth something. He is VERY defensive about certain subjects like his parents.

up for love?: yes

other: he has a cross necklace he NEVER takes off. It reminds him that he always has a chance.
*********************************************************************************************************************************************
Name- Leda #69 *sorry for the childish number xD*

gender- Female

age-15

description/picture- Leda is around five foot six, her hair is dirty blonde with dark brown underneath with light blue scattered throughout. Her eyes change are light blue with a hint of brown and yellow like her brothers,
Spoiler! :

likes: Hanging out with her older brother Liam, animals, writing, singing, and music.

Dislikes: heights, snakes, liers and being put down.

skills: Leda is VERY accurate at throwing knives and can hit almost any musical note you throw at her.

weaknesses: She is extremely afraid of snakes, unlike her brother, she struggles with speaking to people she doesn't know. She has trust issues.

history: Leda has been in this orphanage as long as her brother and she knows that he stood up for her many times. She loved her mother very much but she felt a deep betrayal the day she was brought here. One day her father didn't come home from the store, only Liam did, she never knew what happened she thinks he left her.

personality: She LOVES to talk and is very outgoing. She has her shy moments around guys and strangers but once you ger to know her you will probably never get her to shut up. She is a loyal friend and ALWAYS up for a challenge. Don't take her seriously all the time because she loves to joke around and have fun.

up for love?: yes.

other: she has a charm bracelet with A LOT of charms on it representing big moments in her life.

7 Reviews

Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:59 pm
untameabletiger says...

Liam #96
"Finally!" I whispered blowing the fallout off of the paper I had been drawing on. Though the house was horrible, the nature outside the doors was beautiful. A small group of us had formed in the middle of the yard and slight chattering could be heard by all, then again, why be quiet when the supervisor NEVER shows her face. Without a thought, I wandered over to them, sketchbook in hand, and listened. They didn't pay much notice to me, I guessed I needed to hear the conversation.
Within a few minuets, plans were being spewed from every mouth and the voices etched louder. Still, I listened. Jewel was sitting, more then a little upset, but she said she was okay with going. Apparently everyone thought she was next. I had missed most of the discussion, but that didn't mean I was going to let her sit there. I was now beside her, whispering small words of encouragement to her. She looked just as shocked as I felt when she realized I was speaking, but she didn't push it away.

101 Reviews

Reviews: 101
Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:55 am
WritersUnleashed says...

OMG, i tottally forgot to post here. I told myself all last night too... And sadly enough I don't have much time, so this will be pretty much... on the fly.

STEPHENO

Stepheno ran outside in the misty morning. The sweat slowly dripping from his face seemed to match the beautful symphony of moisture resting atop the grassy leaves. His feet broke the perfect silence of the crisp sunrise. However, this meant little to him, because running put him in an alternate state, in which he would not care about the pet peaves of his humanity.

Stepheno felt a bond to running. It was his only true friend in this entire orphanage. As crazy as things could get inside the house, running would always be the rhythmic wonder it had always been. It would never shout, beat, hurt, scorn, or kill you. It could only help you. Stepheno believed he loved running.

The final drop of sweat left his face as he turned for the door, grand as ever, and went inside. It was time to face reality.

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:57 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Jewel:

I listened carefully as Liam whispered into my ear. At first, I jumped at the rare sound of his voice, but I then just sat and watched everyone in the group talk as I listened. Liam was someone who rarely speaks, but when he does it is always something that matters.

He leaned close to me, making it appear to everyone else that he was merely listening to what we were saying. His words of encouragment made me smile, made my hopes lift.

As Liam whispered into my ear that everything would be okay, I turned to face him, brushed his dark hair from his beautiful, strange eyes and planted a kiss on his cheek.

His eyes showed surprise when I kissed him, and I worried for a moment that I had gone to far by kissing him.

Blinking once, I gave him a gentle smile, looking for something in his face for a clue to whether he was okay with my kiss or not.

*Hope this is okay tiger*
Live, Love, Laugh

7 Reviews

Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:08 pm
untameabletiger says...

~Leda~

Stepping outside was one of the most rejuvenating things one of us could do. I wasn't trapped in that place any more. I sat down, apart from the group, keeping an eye on my brother. If anyone knew my brother, it was me. He is one of the best at comforting. He was whispering in Jewels ear like he did for me when I was scared, I knew she felt better. Everyone except me would be shocked to hear him speak, so I sort of giggled when she looked surprised. Apparently they didn't hear, Jewel kissed him on the cheek, then on the lips. My chin dropped, I knew almost every seventeen year old guy had at one time kissed someone, but I didn't want to see my brother kissing on someone, as far as I knew, he barely knew. She had a lot of explaining to do.
**************************************************************************************************************************************************
~Liam~

Maybe I AM good at comforting I thought as Jewel pulled away. Everyones eyes were on us and a saw a rosy color floating up into Jewels cheeks. I looked down and smiled to myself, every so often glancing up at Jewel then around the circle. I saw Leda out of the corner of my eye staring at both of us. I pretended I didn't notice her. If I acknowledged her, a scene would bust out between the three of us.
By now the conversation had started up again but jewel studdered with some words when she looked at me. Now everything was awkward. After all, I barely knew her. That simply showed that I'd have to get over it and talk to her sometime. Maybe it meant nothing I thought, and gave a slight laugh out loud. I shut up and continued listening.

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:56 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Jewel:

I cupped my normally pale and now rosy cheeks in my hands to cover my blush. When Liam began to laugh, I wondered whether that was a good or bad sign.

Trying not to get too worried about it, I turned my attention back to the now awkward group. Oh, now look what I've done!

Trying to play it off like nothing happened, I just sat there, listening, acting as if it wsn't weird for me to kiss a guy that I hadn't known for very long.

But I couldn't help but feel the proximity of Liam to me. He was so close I could feel the heat from his body on my back, not to mention that I could also sense his sister staring a hole through my head.
Live, Love, Laugh

5 Reviews

Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:08 am
Camulaeus says...

Banksy

Quite a few people were in our circle now, so I decided to ditch. I'm not saying I'm anti-social, but things get a little crazy with too many people involved. I walked around the outside of the orphanage until I came to the wall outside the bathroom. A little window provided light for the otherwise dark interior. I already had a perfect plan for what I was going to do, and removed some black spray paint from some bushes. Time to get to work...

Half an hour later I had finished my second piece of art for the night; Al Gore giving Bill Clinton a boost so he could reach the window, which was marked ladies' bathroom. I smirked at my own handiwork. Maybe I would do another, the janitor's had just cleared the area by the entrance...

My musing was interrupted by somebody saying "That's actually pretty funny"
Could be anyone!

101 Reviews

Reviews: 101
Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:35 am
WritersUnleashed says...

I don't know why I did my last post in 3rd person...

STEPHENO

"That's actually pretty funny", I said. Graffiti had walked right by me without even noticing I was there. How usual of him. I had noticed he did that alot. It didn't matter to me, I was usually surpassed. That is why I talk so much. To get people to notice me.

I continued to stare at his house-famous artwork, silently chuckling to myself. Banksy was actually quite funny when he was in an artistic mood. That is what I love about him. If he is ever mad, just give him a paper and some crayons and youll be laughing about another Barrack Obama joke for weeks to come.

I said calmy, "Hey graffiti."

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:52 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

~Ashton~

The group began to fall apart in pieces, walking away to go hang out in the game room, or eat lunch. I felt like I needed to protect them--like it was my duty to keep them safe. And if anything happened to one of them--like Jewel--I'd hate myself forever.

I just sat there in the grass for a moment, thinking. What if Jewel was next? There were so many reasons I wanted to believe I was next, and I could stop all of this. But I stood up with a heavy heart, knowing I couldn't. I walked slowly back inside the orphanage and joined them for lunch, not really realizing where I was, or who I was.

(sorry it's short)
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

7 Reviews

Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:30 pm
View Likes
untameabletiger says...

~Leda~

To blow off some steam, I decided to walk around with my ipod. After running inside to get it, I circled the orphanage humming along to breakdown by Seether. I found a semi comfortable spot to sit against a wall in the back, this had been my hiding spot since the beginning. The plants were folded into the corner in a pillow like manner and there was just enough light shining from a room above so I could focus on different things over the years. I remembered the first few years Me and Liam arrived. We stayed in this exact spot and talked about life. I didn't want that to change. I wasn't going to let HER take the only thing I love away. The thought of losing my brother to a stranger made me cry .
Crying, something I hadn't done since the day I was shoved out of the car onto the doorstep of this orphanage. I pushed my head into my hands and let my hair fall over me. After a few minuets I wiped my tears and held my breath, to try to stop the flood. A sudden squeaky noise made me alert, I looked round. seeing no one, I again rested my head on my hands, resisting the urge to cry once more. Until I heard a voice from above. "Leda..? What are you doing?"

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:46 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

Malinda-Supervisor

The room was completly silent as I watched out the window at the children. They seemed free, even here in this horrid place I kept them in. Freedom wasn't allowed, happyness wasn't part of their daily scheduel. I made sure they kept the rules; no going outside after dark, no gettong too close to the fences, no walking into places you aren't allowed, and one rule I was strick to inforce--no wandering to the 5th floor.

No, happyness couldn't be found in this old orphanage, nor in the idea that soon, one of them was next. It brought joy to my heart to see the fear in their eyes when they saw the date, or realized how old they were. This was a joy that years of murdering had brought--no normal human could feel so happy about a child's pain as I could.

"Call them to a meeting," I said, voice cold and dark. I wasn't friendly, there was nothing to love about me. I was a snake--beautiful on the outside but cold and dedad on the inside. Every word I spoke was laced with venom, ready to kill whoever contridicted me.

"Yes ma'am," one of the orphanage keepers said, a strange look crossing their face. Not once had a child seen me and lived to tell the tale. I might have been a cruel woman to all of those children, but I was also a murdering woman to all of the keepers.

"There will be a meeting in the mess hall immediatly--all children report there now. I repeat all children report to the mess hall now." I smiled as I put on my lieing face and softened my tone to make me sound like anything I said could be trusted.
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

Being a hero doesn't mean you're invincible. It just means that you're brave enough to stand up and do what's needed.
— Rick Riordan, The Mark of Athena