z

Young Writers Society

Character Cafe

96 Reviews

Reviews: 96
Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:12 pm
tinkembell says...

The waitress returns with a chicken and some stakes, she seems to be worried about something. The hungry Wildercat looks down and sees she's forgotten a plate. It didn't matter to him! He was used to eating in the dirt, the defenceless prey quivering as he wiped the blood from his mouth with a rough paw. He could see the the lustful and confused look in her eyes, she certainly wasn't from Glyss, or she'd know of his reputation. "Thank you." he says, watching amused as she drops the meat to the table. "You won't request payment, will you? Not when I've been so good to a beautiful lady, not harming you at all?" The Wildercat extends his sharp claws, and waits til the waitress moves to dig into the food.
"The rabbit always squeals in the jaws of the fox, but when has another rabbit ever rushed up to save it?" Damon Salvatore
;'( please, my lump, he just needs HUGS <3
Need a review? Just ask :)
Just keep writing, just keep writing, do-do-do-do-do

22 Reviews

Reviews: 22
Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:15 pm
Lornydoo says...

I don't know what I was thinking! Letting him off with the bill !
I must be coming down with something .... But before I left him to eat his very unusual meal I ask " My name's carol whats yours?"
I suppose he was quite the charmer but what did he mean by not harming me?! Was he dangerous?!
I Believe That A Writers Life Is Much More Exciting Then Anyone Else's! xx

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:20 pm
Justlittleoleme says...

Amber, who's cooking skills were remedial at best, was putting everything she had into preparing that last order " Now what do I do with this?" she asks, holding a spatula upside down. Aoife pokes her head out and hisses at the strange contraption, "humans are so weird," she thinks to herself,"They go through so much work just to spoil their food,"
Amber spotted some knives in the corner and grabbed one relived. "Now this I know how to use!" she exclaimed proudly. Turning to her work with new gusto she suddenly felt Aoife tense up, her tail wrapping tightly around her neck. "What's wrong Aoife?" she asks nervously, knowing full well what was wrong. She could feel it too, a dark ebbing presence, seeping through her bones. She abandons her cooking for a moment, and walks toward the kitchen door only to be met with the owner walking right back in, her face creased with worry yet strangely vacant. She picks up a whole raw chicken with her hands, piling some steak on top of it. Amber tries to ask her what she's doing but she is out the door again before Amber can get a word in edge wise.
She follows the owner, watching her disappear through the door. As she does and strange scent wafts over her from within the cafe. The sweet mouldy scent of death, it there was no denying in, the Wildercat had finally caught up to her, and to make matter's worse he was a customer at this Cafe!
In panic she looks around desperately for a back door and to her horror finds none! "Oh, what are we going to do Aoife! He has us trapped!" Aoife hisses angrily from within the hood, "I told you this place was a bad Idea."

22 Reviews

Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:36 pm
Lornydoo says...

I go back into the kitchen and find amber looking worried and trapped . She seems to be looking back and forth ... was she trying to find a way to escape?

"what's wrong amber?..... is there anything I can do to help?"

I slowly turn my head to see the man devouring his steak quite animal like.
It's then that I realise ... He is the one amber is scared of... he is the bad guy ... not the love of my life!

96 Reviews

Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:44 pm
tinkembell says...

Ah, the waitress is back. Growling he drops the bones, waiting for her to speak. She wants his name? The Wildercat laughs and looks up at this... Carol and his matted black fur bristles. Something to remember, strike fear into her heart. He smiles, merely trying to charm the human. "Why it's Delirumorsus," he says as he kisses her hand, careful not to let his aching canines graze against her skin - this one can't go insane just yet. As he let's go of her hand, he senses them; the Katchy Amber and her gryphon. In the back. So close he knows he had them trapped. He stands from the chair and it falls back, simply splinters on the floor. Eyes wild, he's ready for the hunt.
"The rabbit always squeals in the jaws of the fox, but when has another rabbit ever rushed up to save it?" Damon Salvatore

22 Reviews

Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:07 pm
Lornydoo says...

I stare in horror at the angry creature in front of me.... It's then that I turn and run towards amber.
" RUN!!! RUN GET OUT OF HERE!!! There's a back door next to the larder! "
I Scream at amber urging her to run before this beast devours her and her gryphon.

I turn back to Delirumorsus "STOP! why are you doing this ??!! Don't kill her! What has she done to you?"
I scream and launch myself at the beast knocking him to the floor.
I try to hit him but he catches my fists in his hands digging his razor sharp claws into my skin.
I scream in pain!

96 Reviews

Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:23 pm
tinkembell says...

Oh the irony of mortals. "Oh Carol, I won't eat them, I'm only trying to help them. You see I was going to let you live, and I still will if you don't do anything. I thin you'll regret it otherwise." he says, shaking his head and looking into her eyes. If these people believe he's hypnotic, then their subconsis will make them mindlessly do anything. The Wildercat flings the fragile waitress to the other side of the room with a swing of a paw, and moves to Amber - he's so close he can smell eveything, taste her fear. He slowly puts his paw down, right over the gryphon's tail.

30 Reviews

Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:48 pm
Justlittleoleme says...

Amber had found the back door just as Carol screamed, but she could not bring herself to go through it. The gryphon in her hood squawked panicked, "Just Go, You don't owe her anything!" "But that's not the point!" She hears a crash and turns, running into the cafe at top speed. To her shock the wildercat is right there at the door. She screeches to a halt, unbalancing Aoife who falls from her hood and onto the floor. The wildercat wastes no time and traps her tail beneath his paw. Screeching in pain Aoifie curls upon him, digging talon and beak into him like a half insane house cat. Amber wields the pathetic kitchen knife in her hand, pointing it at his unprotected throat, "You LET HER GO!" She screams, lunging at him with all she's got!

96 Reviews

Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:15 pm
tinkembell says...

The Katchy rushes toward him, yielding a simple kitchen knife. Delirumorsus laughs and pulls Aoife up by her tail, swinging her like a ticking bomb. "I don't think so." he mocks, "If you want to see your companion and Carol live, then you need to come with me. It'll be the endgame anyway, you naive little girl. This way nobody gets hurt. Oh, and don't bother with useless weapons, it'll take a lot more than that to do serious damage to me." Amber falls on him, screaming furiously. Still gripping onto the squirming gryphon, he delicately pulls her off.

22 Reviews

Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:16 pm
Lornydoo says...

I can't remember what happened!
I think I blacked out....
Slowly I woke up and saw amber lunging towards Delirumorsus with a simple kitchen knife.
I shout " Don't amber he's stronger then you think!"
I try to crawl over to stop her but my wrists are hurting so much that I just end up collapsing unable to help her.

30 Reviews

Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:00 pm
Justlittleoleme says...

Hanging from Delirumorsus's huge paw, carol screaming desperately for them to stop, her beloved Gryphon helpless as she was, Amber realized that his words were only too true. She threw down the useless knife and looked furiously into the Wildercats face, "What is it Exactly that you want?!"

22 Reviews

Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:51 am
Lornydoo says...

As I see amber surrender to the beasts demands a little piece of me dies...

30 Reviews

Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:30 am
Justlittleoleme says...

Amber sees the despair in Carols eyes. She turns her gaze to the floor, embarrassed by her own weakness, but what can she do? She'd rather surrender her own life than see any one die or suffer for her sake. "I'm sorry," she whispers, a lone tear sliding down her cheek. She cannot help but feel regret, not for allowing her self to be caught, but of all the trouble she's caused this kind, hard working woman...

96 Reviews

Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:10 pm
tinkembell says...

"Amber there's no need to feel embarrassed. It's very evident that I'm stronger," he says, dropping her to the floor fiercely. "Faster," Delirumorsus continues as his paw swipes to catch her just before the floor gives way. "And generally more powerful. How else could I - leading our glorious King's army - track you to here?" he says, knowing it was really pure chance that brought them here. He turns to the exit, stepping over the still waitress. "You've done well to surrender now, although I did believe you'd be more of a challenge." The Wildercat shakes his head and stretches, letting out a loud growl with Amber and the hanging Gryphon still in his grip.

22 Reviews

Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:37 pm
Lornydoo says...

I can't believe the amount of surrender in Ambers eyes....
I've got to do something! I ... I .... " Delirumorsus ... She can only come with you .... if I can too .... Even though Amber has been a big pain in my bottom .... I just can't stand seeing the look of surrender in her eyes ... I'm gonna be there for her .... even if you kill me!"
I stand up and walk towards the monster.

We're just all nosy little busybodies.
— SirenCymbaline the Kiwi