z

Young Writers Society

Forgotton

1087 Reviews

Reviews: 1087
Sun May 16, 2010 8:45 pm
Sins says...

The muffled sound of heavy breathing was all I could hear. My eyelids were shut and I couldn't open them, they felt so heavy. I didn't know what was going on, all that I did know was that I wasn't outside anymore. I could no longer feel the warm breeze of the fresh sea air. My head was absolutely killing me.

After ten, long seconds, I managed to flutter my eyelids slightly. Every time I did so, the image of a young girl was in front of my eyes. As I managed to open my eyes, I felt the girl rub the back of my head and then rub my eye. As I looked at her carefully, I realised that it was the girl who the other guys had been chasing. I was actually very glad that she had escaped them.

When the girl noticed that I was awake, she paused and stared at me, her eyes wide. I observed my surroundings and realised that I was in the beach house. I then turned my attention to the girl once more.

"Wha..." I slurred. "Who...?"

I couldn't get the words out of my mouth, my throat felt horribly dry. As I stuttered words, the girl still looked at me, clearly worried.
I didn't know what to put here so I put this.

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Sun May 16, 2010 9:13 pm
SisterItaly says...

he started to wake up. He slurred his words,
"Wha... who...?" I put my finger over his lip.
"shhh,not right now. I'll explain later, im so-so very sorry." He groaned, so i figured he was going back to sleep. I went into the kitchen and made a couple of ham sandwhichs, for when he was fully awake, he'd probably be very hungry. I felt do, dirty. I checked in on him, he looked asleep. I went into the basement and turned on the power. Then went into my room, to see if i had clothes, yup lots of clothes.

I went and showered, making sure i had everything i need. It felt good to shower, getting this afternoons grit and dirt off of me. I didn't bring the clothes to the bathroom with me, i fugured what's the point? The bathroom was down the hall from my room anyway! I wish i had. I walked right into the guy i had put on the couch. I griped the towel around me.
"What are you doing up?" I sounded more pissed then concerned.
"I-I needed the washroom." I ran into my room and locked the door. I changed into a wife beater and cotton short shorts. This time i put on flats. I opened the door slowly. He was right there waiting for me. I felt the key come out of my shirt, i quickly tucked it away.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

1087 Reviews

Mon May 17, 2010 8:41 pm
Sins says...

I stared at the girl seriously awkwardly. Her face was bright red and so was mine. Without saying another word, she ran into the bedroom, leaving me looking like a complete noob. Rubbing my head, I headed back towards the living room. I didn't even need the bathroom that much, anyway. I was more hungry than anything.

Suddenly, the girl came out of her room. She was dressed this time though, thank God. I couldn't help but notice her touching her shirt for some reason.

"Will you please tell me what's going on?" I asked, still rubbing my head.

"Look..." The girl headed over to me. "I'm sorry, I thought you were one of the guys who were after me!"

Basically, she thought I was a mug. Great. Thanks love.

66 Reviews

Mon May 17, 2010 8:52 pm
SisterItaly says...

"I'm really, really sorry, you have no clue how stressed i am. My father, just... died."
I could tell him that much. I didn't tell him how he died, just that he was. Maybe, i hoped not. My eyes stung. I looked away.
"There are ham sandwiches in the kitchen, help yourself if your hungry. I-I need a moment."

i ran into my room again, leaving the door open. I unhooked the chain and fiddled with the key. Hopefully i could figure out how to get rid of it without them getting it. I looked at myself, what i was wearing was inappropriate. I closed the door and changed. When i was done i admired myself in the mirror. Another plaid skirt and a t-shirt with a cute skull on the bottom. Then regrettably slid on the heels. They went with the outfit and daddy awlays told me to dress the way i wanted to be remembered, and i wanted to be remembered better then some frump who knocks guys out.

I cleaned up a but and went downstairs, sitting in the living room, if i passed him i didn't even notice. I just sat in the couch and looked at my hands.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

The Book.

1087 Reviews

Thu May 20, 2010 5:14 pm
Sins says...

Shutting my eyes, I leaned back against the couch. Today had been one real long day. My head was absolutely killing me. That girl had some serious anger issues, she'd knocked me out for God's sake! My eyes still closed, I felt the girl brush past me and sit on the other side of the couch.

I was about to ask her what was going on, when I remembered everything that had happened a few hours before with my father. I was supposed to be finding some stupid key! My father was going to kill me if he found out that I was down the road, not on a train to God knows where. I suddenly turned back to the girl.

"I've got to go!" I spoke quickly.

As I stood up, I couldn't help but fall back down. I clearly wasn't in the right state to be moving quickly. I managed to fall back onto the couch as I did so. The girl immediately turned to me, a worried look on her face.

"You can't even stand up, let alone leave this place." She said, scanning me carefully.

"I'm fine! Honestly!" I lied.

I may have been a good liar, but this chick wasn't buying it. I must have looked a real mess. Maybe I would have to put off finding that key... just for tonight, anyway.

66 Reviews

Thu May 20, 2010 7:02 pm
SisterItaly says...

God sakes! This guy looked terrible and it was making me feel bad. But i was also putting him in grave danger. I guess i should tell somebody. I needed someone to tell the cops if i don't make it. I took a deep breath and looked over to him.
"I really need to tell you something." I took another deep breath, were to start? Before he could answer i stood up and leaned against the wall on the other side of the room, then quickly sped through it.

"My daddy didn't just die, he was murdered. He was a banker for the mob. He stole a key to a vault that holds lord knows what. He gave the key to me." I paused and pulled the key from my shirt. "I can't let the mob get ahold of it but i can't go to the cops, this is bigger then them. I'm not asking you to defend me, or anything all I'm asking is you keep in contact, if i don't make it then go to the cops. I really understand if you won't want to. But the least i could do was tell you what danger your in just by being near me."

I had closed my eyes and looked away, now i was slowly looking back at him. His eyes didn't move from the key. What was wrong? Did he want it? Why? He's not from the mob, I've met everyone from the mob. Though, he does show resemblance to one of them, who always kept an eye on me and my daddy. He stood slowly and i tensed against the wall.

The Book.

1087 Reviews

Thu May 20, 2010 7:27 pm
Sins says...

I stared at the small, silver key that hung around the girls neck. I wasn't a genius, but it didn't take one to figure out what that key was. I couldn't believe that I hadn't noticed it before. My father did say that there was some girl who had the key and that they'd caught her father. He never said that they'd killed him though.

No, the girl had it wrong. The mob hadn't killed her father, no one had. The cops didn't do that. My father was a complete ass, but he wouldn't do that to someone. He wouldn't lie to me about something like that. Besides, she was the criminal. My dad, the cop, was after her. Therefore, she must have been the one in the wrong.

"No, that doesn't make sense." I said quietly. "You... you stole that key from the cops. Well, your dad did anyway."

"What?" The girl looked completely confused.

"And... and your dad ain't even dead! He hasn't even been touched. Arrested maybe, but nothing else. Cops don't kill people for the sake of it. How gullible can you get?" I could hear the annoyance in my voice.

"I saw him! I saw him with a bullet in his chest!" The girl snapped.

No... she couldn't have seen him. Who the hell would have shot him? My father wouldn't do that. I knew he wouldn't... The more I thought about it, the more I doubted it.

66 Reviews

Thu May 20, 2010 7:41 pm
SisterItaly says...

How dare he! Wait a minute how the hell did he know this! No one knew this but me and the mob! How in hell's name did he know. I tucked the key away again, i wasn't giving it up without a fight. Wait, he said his dad was a cop? Some of the guys from the mob disguised themselves as cops, but why would his own father lie to him?

I trembled against the wall, sending him a look that said 'Try anything stupid and you'll regret it' I was absolutly terrified. This was, unexpected. Wait... he did resemble...
"Are you Gary's Son?" he looked so much like him. I hated gary... With every fiber of my body! He once tried to come onto me at dinner. But i managed to avoid him. I hoped this wasn't a 'like father like son' situation, cause if so i was screwed!

The Book.

1087 Reviews

Thu May 20, 2010 7:55 pm
Sins says...

"Are you Gary's son?" The girl stared at me, her hand placed firmly over the key.

How did she know my father's name? Why did she get so offended that my dad was a cop? Nothing made sense anymore. One thing I did know though was that this chick was lucky. If I was one of those I-Love-You-Dad kind of guys, I would be beating her up right now. If I was my father, I'd be beating her up, come to think of it. He seemed to enjoy hitting kids, I would know.

"Why?" I didn't answer the girl properly.

"Just tell me! Yes or no?" She insisted.

I was about to tell her when I remember the gun. I glanced to where my bag was on the couch. I could easily get it out and aim it at the girl, that would freak her. Maybe I could have even shot... no way. That would be way to far. I wasn't my father, after all.

"Yes." I said simply. "Tell me why."

The anger in the girls eyes were replaced by fear. This girl really needed to explain some things...

66 Reviews

Thu May 20, 2010 8:01 pm
SisterItaly says...

Oh god! NO NO NO! enough shit was going down, i really dont need this now, well i did smash him over the head. He deserved a explanation.
"He works for the mob, disguised as a cop, i don't understand how you didn't now that." I was nervous, he was eyeing his bag on the couch what was it, knife, rope, gun? What was he going to kill me with! My knees got weak, i was really nervous, he wouldn't hit, stab or shot an unarmed girl! Would he. My knees gave in and i fell, i had reach my breaking point.
"Please don't kill me! I'm not going to give you the key, but i don't want to die!" I was pissed at myself for begging but what choice did i have! He had me cornered!

The Book.

1087 Reviews

Thu May 20, 2010 8:16 pm
Sins says...

I could do nothing but stare. She was wrong. I know she was wrong. My father wasn't part of the mob! He would have told me, I know he would have. As the girl dropped to her knees, all I could think about was my father. Now that I thought about it, the signs were so obvious. He was a complete dick, to begin with. He always carried a gun. I'd never actually met any of his fellow 'police men' and he always left the house in the middle of the night.

As I thought about it, I felt like a complete idiot. Of course my dad wasn't a cop... the signs were so obvious. He wasn't part of the mob though, he couldn't have been. Maybe he was part of something else, but there was no way he was part of the mob.

"Please don't kill me! I'm not going to give you the key, but I don't want to die!" The girl's voice was full of panic.

Kill her? Right now, I couldn't even think straight, let alone shoot someone. I hated him. No, I didn't hate him. I already hated him. I despised my father, I couldn't care less whether he lived or died anymore. He'd lied to me, and even worse, he'd lied to my mother.

The thought made me feel sick, in fact; that's what I did. The next thing I knew, I was throwing up over the floor. This really wasn't the best day of my life, not by a long shot.

66 Reviews

Thu May 20, 2010 8:29 pm
SisterItaly says...

Ew, so gross did he just throw up? I looked over, ya, he was vomiting his brains out. He's lucky this is wood floors, i would make him clean it if it was carpet. He's really lucky i have a strong stomach, or i would get sick too. I cowered in the corner, what was he going to do? He eventually stopped. I looked over to him before he could look up.
"What are you going to do to me?" I was wrong, he was still throwing up. I ran to the kitchen and grabbed a bucket of water and some rags, and a bucket. The ran back into the living room.

I put the bucket under his mouth the lied him on the couch, damn me and my motherly insinct! I grew up pratically mothering my daddy. I wiped his forehead and got to work on the barf, really gross. Poor guy, maybe he really didn't know. But i wasn't about to let my gaurd down! Cause if i did the next thing i would see is a blooming bullet hole in my head!

The Book.

1087 Reviews

Thu May 20, 2010 8:49 pm
Sins says...

I couldn't take this anymore, I just wanted to go to sleep. I wanted to go to sleep, wake up, and be a little kid again. I wanted to forget about all of this, never have to even think about it. I looked on the bright side; at least I'd finished throwing up.

The world around me felt muddled again, as if I was soon to pass out. I felt the girl brush my bangs off my forehead. She then placed a cool, damp rag on it. I couldn't help but begin breathing heavily. The girl continued to wipe my boiling forehead, at least she seemed nice enough. As I lay on the couch, the girl went over to where I'd been sick.

"I- I'm not going to hurt you," I said, although my words were slurred. "I just... I just want you to explain..."

I couldn't let the words out of my mouth. It felt like I was going to throw up whenever I opened my mouth. Once again, I felt like I just wanted to go to sleep. It must have been at least midnight by now. My head was killing me, I felt sick, I was boiling and I was just plain tired. Right now, killing that girl was the last thing on my mind.

66 Reviews

Thu May 20, 2010 8:57 pm
SisterItaly says...

I quickly finished cleaning up then went and got changed, he was pratically asleep. I whispered to him,
"Don't worry, if you still want to talk to me when your awake ill be around, i cant go far anyway, they'll get me." I'd rather be locked away with him then take five steps outside and face a horrible death. If he would kill me at least it would be fast and painless. I quickly wrapped the sanwhichs up and put them in the fridge, then ran upstairs and got a blaket. When i came back down he was still lying on the couch. He was adorable, as long as he was asleep.

I covered him up then went and slept on the love seat. I cried myself to sleep. He stirred a bit, no he was asleep, right?

The Book.

1087 Reviews

Sun May 23, 2010 9:08 pm
Sins says...

I really couldn't sleep that night. I was absolutely shattered, but sleeping was the last thing on my mind. I'd just found out how much of a cock my dad was. I hated him before, but what I thought of him now was much, much worse. What really stopped me from sleeping though was the position I was in.

Surely, I couldn't get the key now? But what would I say to my father? Maybe I could have just ran away and never gone back to him. At that moment, that seemed like a good idea. I loathed him more than anything else in the world. In fact, I was almost tempted to shoot him with that stupid gun he gave me.

I shut my eyes tightly. I was so painfully tired, I just wanted to sleep. The girl obviously knew I was awake, but I didn't care. If I had it my way, I'd be asleep right now. Removing all thoughts from my mind, I slowly let myself drift off into a deep sleep. It would be morning soon, but ah well. Some sleep was better than no sleep. Besides, I might have a nice lie on.

What's stopping you?
— David Mamet