z

Young Writers Society

The Escapees

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:05 am
BelarusBirdy says...

The voice behind me turned away and started down another tunnel. Stupid people. I know what I'm doing, despite popular belief. I have no choice but to follow, like a child. I am not a child.
As people are crawling around, trying to find their way into the new tunnel, I somehow end up face to face with Drustan. "Sorry, go ahead," I squeak, hating how my head is spinning. I feel dizzy, like I'm floating. To hide it I fake cough as best I can at the moment. Not realistic enough, because he gives me a weird look and crawls into the vent.
What is wrong with me? I can't hide my emotions. The mask I've worked so hard to build is crumbling, and I don't think I can rebuild it.
I refuse to float around inside my mind, trying to convince myself it's a side effect from something, unsuccessfully. "Where, exactly, are we going?" I ask the new leader. Leroy? I can't be sure. "Grid number and floor."
If he's memorized the maps, he know what I'm talking about.
A falling star fell from your heart and landed in my eyes. I screamed aloud as it tore through them and now it's left me blind.
Florence and the Machine, Cosmic Love

374 Reviews

Reviews: 374
Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:41 am
tgirly says...

Vi:

I was getting less confident about our plans (if you could even call it a plan) of escape by the minute. First we were following the new girl Storm and now Leroy had just told us we needed to turn around and go a different direction. I really hope someone knows where we're going! I turned around as Storm started questioning Leroy something about directions, and looked just in time to see her staring at Drustan with a wierd expression, hmm she was deffinantly a strange one. She was always squinting her eyes in a wierd way. But she seems to know how to work her way through the vents. I looked back at Leroy to see what his answer would be to Storm's question.

(OOC: sorry about not posting for awhile, I was flying back home all of Tuesday)
Last edited by tgirly on Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
-Abraham Joshua Heschel

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:19 am
sylverdawn says...

*Um it's Leroy who's turning them around, not Judd. Sorry I've been gone for so long, haven't been feeling well.*

Judd Snow:

Judd flinched instinctively as Leroy told Storm where they were going. His wound was still bleeding, Judd was positive he'd torn out every one of the stitches by now. Not that it mattered much right now, they couldn't do anything about it without better supplies. Not just weapons, they needed food and water too.

"Well the cache is near a fairly well stocked area, if the kitchen is empty we can grab some food and stuff. That place is low security accept for the entrances. Guards aren't allowed to wander around in there." Judd closed his eyes and pushed back the memories.

Leroy glanced back at him in surprise. "A place the guards can't go, that's a first for me. Why can't they go in?"

He shook his head. "You guys aren't gonna like it. You're better off not knowing."

"Come on Judd, what do the white coats keep there?" Drustan demanded.

Frustrated, he looked up at the others with haunted eyes. "Leroy must have stashed his cache in a closed down section or he'd already know. That place is called the Nursery. It's where they house test subjects under the age of eight."
DANCE- Like no-one is watching
LOVE- Like you've never been hurt
SING- Like no-one is listening
LIVE- Like it's heaven on earth.

Please read and review my novel. The title is Fireborn. Here's the link.

novel.php?id=1157

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:00 pm
Sierra says...

Aaron

"Leroy must have stashed his cache in a closed down section or he'd already know. That place is called the Nursery. It's where they house test subjects under the age of eight."
I bit my lip. They tested on little kids? God, that was so wrong. I knew they had kids, but I didn't think they were under ten . . . I could picture it morbidly well: wide, haunted eyes watching as a needle pierced their skin, tiny little children fighting against weapons that they knew they could never defeat. It made me sick.
"We don't have to go in there, do we?" I said.
What a shame,
We used to be such fragile broken things.

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:07 pm
Justagirl says...

(OOC: Everyone, I believe this is the way the whole thing it gonna be steering, is everyone ok with that?
Justagirl wrote:(OOC: I don't really know. I was kinda thinking that if they escaped the GC wouldn't really go after them. So what if they find a, like, blocked off underground section that's kinda abandoned and filled with people who they just let go there and that have gone crazy. And so, also in this place (that's really secret) there's the biggest secrets and projects and stuff.... And so, they find it and kinda live down there with the GC people wanting to get them so that they don't find out about the projects. Like that idea?)
)

Drustan:
My face blanched once Judd told us about the nursery. When I looked around I saw almost everyone looked the same way.

"We don't have to go in there, do we?" Aaron said.

I almost shuddered at that idea. But, maybe we could save some of those kids too...?

"So, are we going in there?" I asked, since everyone had seemed to forget that Aaron had just asked the question.
"Just remember there's a difference between stalking people on the internet, and going to their house and cutting their skin off." - Jenna Marbles

~ Yeah I'm letting go of what I had, yeah I'm living now and living loud ~

66 Reviews

Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:29 pm
sylverdawn says...

*All I've got right now.*

Judd Snow:

Judd shrugged as his words sank in. "I told you you were better off not knowing. Especially since there's no way we can take them with us. There are too many kids we'd never get out with them." His voice was bitter as spoke. Old memories of his own early childhood in the Nursery rising to the surface.

novel.php?id=1157

297 Reviews

Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:25 pm
Justagirl says...

Drustan:

I repeated the question, again. "Do we have to go through there?"
"Just remember there's a difference between stalking people on the internet, and going to their house and cutting their skin off." - Jenna Marbles

41 Reviews

Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:29 pm
BelarusBirdy says...

"Probably, I mean, I don't know of another way to get to that place through the vents."
A falling star fell from your heart and landed in my eyes. I screamed aloud as it tore through them and now it's left me blind.

165 Reviews

Reviews: 165
Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:29 pm
qaralynn says...

(OOC: I'm sorry I haven't posted in a while..test week OO. But I'm back!! XD)
Xia
"Uhh maybe we should fix them up first?" I said awkwardly while looking at Judd and Drustan. Judd was still bleeding and Drustan seemed to be in a lot of pain.
I didn't know how we were going to do that but it was all I could come up with. I cleared my throat and waited for someone to come up with a brilliant idea.
"If they can't be with you at your worst, then they don't deserve to be with you at your best."
-Murtuza-

"Even though a ship won't sink at sea, it needs to be steered to get home."

41 Reviews

Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:34 pm
BelarusBirdy says...

"Do you have any medical supplies in that... wherever?" I direct my question to Leroy. "Judd will bleed out soon, and I don't think we want that to happen. Do they even keep medical supplies here? Beside the experimental kind."

297 Reviews

Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:00 am
Justagirl says...

Drustan:

Once Storm mentioned getting some medical supplies my mind re-focused on my wounds. My wrists were red and bloody from the shackles and my burn marks were starting to turn black. I didn't know what was happening to me but I sure didn't feel good.

Also, having to go through the nursery turned my stomach. I didn't really want to have to go past 8-year-olds being tortured and have no way to help them.

"Yeah, are there any medical supplies where you're going to take us, Leroy?" I asked.
Last edited by Justagirl on Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

66 Reviews

Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:13 am
sylverdawn says...

Judd Snow:

Judd clenched his jaw against the pain. Partly from old memories partly from the now freely bleeding chest wound. What had started out as a small trickle of blood had quickly grown. And when Judd pulled his hand away from the bandage it was scarlet with fresh blood.

"Yeah. Yeah they have normal medical supplies there. They generally take better care of the very young subjects. Small children are very fragile after all, and they want them to grow old enough to be used in more serious testing." His voice was thick with the pain of old wounds.

He steadied himself as he spoke again. "The place is basically deserted. Guards aren't allowed inside. They guard it from outside the entrances. If we can get into the kitchens they should have everything we need to survive. Food, water, medical equipment. Because as nice as it would be to cruise out of here in a surface lift, I doubt it will be that easy. I think we should stock up for a long haul."

*I'm waiting for someone else to start leading the way to the Nursery. Judd will follow the others but that place has too many bad memories for him to make the first move.*

novel.php?id=1157

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:06 am
View Likes
Loller65 says...

Leroy Jenkins

Everyone seemed so upset about going through the nursery. Pansies.

"Yeah. My cache is on this floor and it's below this one. I figure we can drop down into it and stock up on supplies before we head for the surface."

I stopped for a moment and listened to the sound of the klaxons in the hallway beneath us. I kicked out the vent and we began dropping out of the duct, one by one. Once we were all out, we started heading down the hallway. I was in front of the group, plasma rifle aimed up and ready for any guards to pop out and attack.
"There are no absolute rules of conduct, either in peace or war. Everything depends on circumstances."

-Leon Trotsky-

297 Reviews

Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:54 pm
Justagirl says...

(OOC: I'm going to be gone for until next Sunday :( do what you'd like with Drustan... Sierra knows how to post for him so if she'd like she can use him and Aaron.
Bye!)

165 Reviews

Reviews: 165
Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:31 pm
View Likes
qaralynn says...

Xia
I jumped out of the duct after one of the guys and looked around me quickly. This was going to end either really good or really bad. I put a calm smile on my face while my heart was skipping several beats. Walking around in hallways where the guards with guns could show up every minute wasn't exactly my thing.
"If they can't be with you at your worst, then they don't deserve to be with you at your best."
-Murtuza-

"Even though a ship won't sink at sea, it needs to be steered to get home."

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.
— Albert Einstein