z

Young Writers Society

Risen from Ashes DT

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:41 am
KingLucifer says...

The Discussion Thread for "Risen from Ashes" post comments, questions, and any possible problems you may have for the storybook. I have an open mind to all ideas and criticisms.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:59 am
View Likes
Basil says...

I'd like to join! May I?
Dorian, are you the one adding all the spices to our food?
Of course I am.
Why?
Because frankly the food here tastes like poorly cooked sawdust. It genuinely tastes how Solas looks.

50 Reviews

Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:44 am
View Likes
KingLucifer says...

Be my guest.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

476 Reviews

Reviews: 476
Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:38 am
View Likes
Apricity says...

*Unleashes fire upon my arrival*

I'm hereeeee!
Previously Flite

'And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.' ― Friedrich Nietzsche

~Open for business~

95 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 95
Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:36 pm
Clarity says...

Okay, this sounds really awesome and reminds me a little of Divergent. You know how they're split into factions for different things. Abnegation, Dauntless, Erudite, Candor and Amity.

You say how we're in gangs. Are they like the above factions? Where we're split depending on a way of thinking? But in this case, how our "powers" work?

Are we split through "good" and "evil"? Or what our powers do?

Do we have to have a specific power? Are there certain powers we have to have? Or can it be anything ranging from shapeshifting and flying, to animal control and control over the elements?

Can you clear this up please? I want to make a profile, but I want more details first! :)

Edit: You say abilities, so it this any of the above, or things like "amazing cobat skills" but more elaborate?
"Be courageous and try to write in a way that scares you a little."

she/they

Home is where the books are kept.

50 Reviews

Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:19 pm
KingLucifer says...

The "Factions' are built on varying things, mainly beliefs and other stuff like the strongest wo/man. If you want you can have your character in a Faction, but your going to have to be creative about it.

The characters are going to have varying moralities, and every decision a character makes has consequences. Like if you find a rather large supply of food, do you get selfish and keep it all to yourself and let people around you go hungry or do you share and try to feed the starving people and risk going hungry yourself?

As for powers it can be anything, one major and one minor. But even if say Control over Earth is your major you won't be able cause major Earthquakes that level entire neighborhoods. Or shapeshifting, you can't fully transform into a panther only partially.

95 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:26 pm
Clarity says...

Okay, thanks. :)

she/they

77 Reviews

Reviews: 77
Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:18 pm
Craz says...

Do the people get sick themselves and then get better, or did they never get sick in the first place? And how do these people get their powers? Does it show up overnight or slowly?
"we'll fasten it with some safety pins and tape and a dream, and you're good to go, honey."

50 Reviews

Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:32 am
KingLucifer says...

Everyone got sick, you had varying symptoms though, a lot correspond to what powers they gained. Like a telekinetic had a major headache to which they thought would split there head from the inside out. After they get better it starts out with small things, as my example before, a telekinetic maybe only able to move small things like a disc or a stuffed animal. Then it would progress to the point they could redecorate an entire room with just there mind and mild exhaustion.

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:30 am
Basil says...

Ok ... so with the powers and that ... my character has no memory of it, but her powers correspond with her love of animals and how outdoorsy she was ... can that count?
Dorian, are you the one adding all the spices to our food?
Of course I am.
Why?
Because frankly the food here tastes like poorly cooked sawdust. It genuinely tastes how Solas looks.

50 Reviews

Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:31 am
KingLucifer says...

You'll have to figure out how animals and senses correspond to when she was sick.

50 Reviews

Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:52 am
KingLucifer says...

Avalon wrote:You'll have to figure out how animals and senses correspond to when she was sick.

Edit: @Clarity @TimmyJake @TinyJarofDreams Profiles have been rejected, please change them based on what I've put.

95 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:44 pm
Clarity says...

Hm, I really liked that idea. But oh well, I'll think of another ability and re-submit when I get home.

she/they

95 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:11 pm
Clarity says...

I just submitted my profile with a different ability, but I'm gonna go back and add what symptoms she had when she got sick, and make it so that it shows how it progresses.

Done this now, and I really like this ability. :smt003

she/they

50 Reviews

Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:00 pm
KingLucifer says...

*Rubs forehead unable to believe last nights idiocy.* I'm terribly sorry, last night I wasn't thinking straight. @Clarity @TimmyJake Nevermind what I said, I was being stupid last night. Resubmit your old abilities if you wish. @TinyJarStoredDreams Your profile rejection still stands until I see you.

Remember, a stranger once told you that the breeze here is something worth writing poems about.
— Shinji Moon