2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:40 pm
Rydia says...

Rydia is so not happy with you @Griffinkeeper :p
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:23 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

'K so just discovered this SB, I am a bit troubled and curious about it, so here's a couple of questions about it:

1: about the cyber world. Is it actually an alternate world where you can do pretty much anything (by that I mean use virus and antivirus Megaman Battle Network style aside the usual things you can do in a cyber world, like chatting with friends) or just the cyber battlefield (similar to what it is in real life) of the hackers/coders?

2 (still about the cyber world): can we use/create any type of programs (realistic or not) for the cyber world so hacking/counter-hacking can become easier or more complex in some way? By that I mean like... Create a program that would trigger a certain situation depending on where it is placed (let's say a virus in a random computer would contaminate the whole system).

3: We can perfectly organize the cyber world/reality back and fourth the way we want, right? I mean, as long as it respects the rules.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:54 pm
AfterTheStorm says...

1. The "Cyber-world" in this SB enables Storybookers to easily record what happens to them online. For instance, E.V.I.L. agents can hack into YWS and describe that in an epic fight-scene type post, making the tech side of this story more enjoyable to read. So pretty much anything digitally described within this SB would be under a header of "Digital" or "Cyber Space" or some other similar indicator.

2. That's absolutely fine (be creative!) but still respect the "power-gaming" type of rules set in place. Like, don't invent a program that randomly shuts down everyone's computers, unless the other Storybookers give the "okay" on that topic.

3. As long as you remain within the rules and (somewhat) maintain a sense of realism to your posts, go for it.

Hope that helps, @tortwag! :)
"And after the storm..." ~Mumford and Sons

You can't have a rainbow without a little rain.

Got Squills?
Proverbs 31:25

Spoiler! :
Made you look.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:48 am
Iggy says...

@Inkpot, go ahead and use my character if you want. If I have a problem with the post, I'm PM or IM you and we can fix it.
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:34 am
Inkpot says...

Thanks @Iggy will do :)
Inkpot :)

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:11 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

@AfterTheStorm
1: fair enough. That answers my question at least. Thanks!

2: That also answers everything I was asking for. And no that's not what I had in mind when asking, shutting down everything as simply as that would be a bit too over-powered for my taste :smt003 Thanks for the extra info too, I need to keep that in mind.

3: Ok then!

Thank you for those precisions, I HAD to make a couple of things sure. Right! So I might start off and create a character for this SB. I just hope I won't be too inactive (currently in an exam period).
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:34 pm
lostthought says...

So I am to interrogate Iggy? Ok then.... I'm taking some grunts with me
"Aaloo is potato in urdu, like AAAAAA-loo, or like AAAAA-look such delicious deliciousness."
-Pompadour

"MY SOUL IS A GREY ABYSS"
-QueenOfHearts

1007 Reviews

Reviews: 1007
Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:38 pm
TimmyJake says...

Grunt Definition: A big guy without much brains who isn't a character in the story.
Right. :D
Used to be tIMMYjAKE

317 Reviews

Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:46 pm
lostthought says...

I think E.V.I.L will win. Are you being kidnapped? Because Griffin can be faking being on your side and subdues you in the car and Rydia could be faking it!
"Aaloo is potato in urdu, like AAAAAA-loo, or like AAAAA-look such delicious deliciousness."
-Pompadour

-QueenOfHearts

317 Reviews

Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:47 pm
lostthought says...

Never mind, just read Griffin's post..
-Pompadour

-QueenOfHearts

41 Reviews

Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:01 pm
Inkpot says...

But I'll be with Iggy...

317 Reviews

Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:04 pm
lostthought says...

-What-
-Pompadour

-QueenOfHearts

41 Reviews

Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:12 pm
Inkpot says...

My character, Blake, just got to Iggy's house... read my post :)

317 Reviews

Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:27 pm
lostthought says...

Oh, well Iggy just got kidnapped..... You hit the door so hard that it opens and you see an empty room. You wander around but still no Iggy
-Pompadour

-QueenOfHearts

41 Reviews

Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:31 pm
Inkpot says...

Ok sure :)

Seeing is believing, but feeling is the truth.
— Thomas Fuller