z

Young Writers Society

The Silver Bullet Club: Ophiuchus DT

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:28 pm
CowLogic says...

Maybe she was poisoned earlier and didn't know it.
The course skin of a thousand elephants sewn together to make one leather wallet.

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:22 pm
KingLucifer says...

How do you not notice getting bitten?
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:17 am
AlmondEyes says...

What does that have to do with being bitten? There are multiple ways to be poisoned without having to do that, which you should know.
"What is dead my never die, but rises again, larger and stronger..."

*Ride like Lightening, crash like Thunder*

"Ask me no questions, and I'll tell you no lies..."

50 Reviews

Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:27 am
KingLucifer says...

In Dragons post I believe he said she was bitten to puncture wounds which indicate she was bitten. So you tell me.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

43 Reviews

Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:41 am
AlmondEyes says...

There are needles that are so small you wouldn't feel it if you were hit with one, so it's possible. There's a possibility, depending on the type of snake it is, that you might not even feel it, because Snake fangs are exactly like needles.

50 Reviews

Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:59 am
KingLucifer says...

That makes absolutely no sense, I said TWO Puncture wounds, a needle would only give ONE. Then there's the only two poison snakes in the entire U.S, Pit Viper and Coral Snake. It's impossible to NOT notice that you got bit by either of these two snakes. As a Pit Vipers, the fang marks will begin to burn and hurt within 5 minutes and swell within 30 minutes.

Coral Snakes: The venom from a coral snake is toxic to the nervous system. A bite can cause severe weakness or paralysis with minimal pain or swelling at the bite mark.

Anything else you would like to try and disprove?

43 Reviews

Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:06 am
AlmondEyes says...

I never said only one puncture wound, and there are more then two poisonous snakes in the US. I never said it was impossible to notice. I just said it was possible not to notice, and I wasn't talking about those two snake specifically. I'm also not trying to disprove anything. I was just replying to what you said.

192 Reviews

Reviews: 192
Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:15 am
EloquentDragon says...

Wow.... we were argueing over this?

Pit vipers is a broader type of of classification. In that you got rattlesnakes, water moccasins, etc. (Although to tell you the truth, I'm not sure if Copperheads are pit vipers or not) So that's what Dante was talking about.

Amanda was bitten by a snake, considering that's Silas' main mo. Keep in mind though, you can IMPORT foreign animals, so he could have used any kind of serpent he could get his grubby black market fingers on. *ahem ahem*

The inconsistency I was referring to is that we seem to have lost track of the timeframe. I meant (in the original post) that it was DAYS, not hours, between when Amanda went missing and when Eli found her. Just to clear things up.

Also, I apologize to everyone. I am super busy for the next two months of school, so I don't know how active I'll be. I'll try to get a post in soon here, but unfortunately I can't make any promises, because I'd only continue to break them. :(
No more countin' dollars... we'll be countin' stars.

Enter, if you dare.

43 Reviews

Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:22 am
AlmondEyes says...

I was replying to a comment he posted >.> And don't worry, Elo. It's all good. We understand how life can interfere.

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:21 pm
AdventurerDaniel says...

What I hate is we don't have much to go on when it comes to the type of sneakers discoloration could have been caused by necrosis from the venom, also the bite was on her neck if I had a bet it was probably to the jugular vein as in that poison was going to get to her brain fast. Now a diamond back rattlesnake's venom could probably kill well anyone with a bite to that vein, but it's venom also causes bleeding from the mouth which dragon didn't mention any of also it's venom isn't known to cause necrosis. On the other hand the cotton month's venom is so a snake bite isn't an impossibility.
So much depends
upon
a red wheel
barrow
glazed with rain
water
beside the white
chickens.
Red Wheel Barrow by- William Carlos Williams

23 Reviews

Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:30 pm
View Likes
CowLogic says...

What if we turn this whole storybook into an indictment of people importing invasive species into new countries.
The course skin of a thousand elephants sewn together to make one leather wallet.

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:07 am
View Likes
AdventurerDaniel says...

Eh it would be better if we set it in like Hawaii then the South doesn't have really a fragile ecosystem.
So much depends
upon
a red wheel
barrow
glazed with rain
water
beside the white
chickens.
Red Wheel Barrow by- William Carlos Williams

23 Reviews

Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:02 am
View Likes
CowLogic says...

Tell that to Florida, or as I like to call it, the suburban Amazon.

192 Reviews

Reviews: 192
Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:28 am
View Likes
EloquentDragon says...

BWAH HAHA HAH AHA HA! Cow, you crack me up man.

Let's throw some gators in there too, (<<<) just for good measure. ;)

Guys, I seriously didn't research it. If you can find a snake bite that causes a slower death, then that's what I was going for. (the so-called "necrosis" was meant to be just the effects of decomp starting to take place. On a less gristly subject... can we just drop the subject?
No more countin' dollars... we'll be countin' stars.

Enter, if you dare.

43 Reviews

Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:29 pm
AlmondEyes says...

That subject has long been dropped, Elo. SO.... Who's posting next? xD

Uh, Lisa, the whole reason we have elected officials is so we don't have to think all the time. Just like that rainforest scare a few years back: our officials saw there was a problem and they fixed it, didn't they?
— Homer Simpson