z

Young Writers Society

The Baton DT

260 Reviews

Reviews: 260
Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:50 am
TriSARAHtops says...

Post any questions here!

This is where we will have any discussions about plot developments and the direction the storybook is going in.
Last edited by TriSARAHtops on Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
if we wait until we're ready
we'll be waiting
for the rest of our lives

9 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 9
Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:09 am
kat13254 says...

If my character is really long I just really have inspiration to write lots. Also I think I get what the story is about but even if I don't I just won't post first of anywhere near the beginning. :?
Mew ฅ(⌯͒• ɪ •⌯͒)ฅ❣

260 Reviews

Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:15 am
TriSARAHtops says...

@kat13254
That's fine - it can be fairly long, as it can go over the course of an entire day in the characters life. I'll probably post first, but I'm glad you're interested!
we'll be waiting

9 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:16 am
kat13254 says...

Well I like storybook! :smt003
Mew ฅ(⌯͒• ɪ •⌯͒)ฅ❣

9 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:18 am
kat13254 says...

Also by 24 hours do you mean we have to post in 24 hours because later in the year I have stupid grade 6 tests I have to study for. :(
Mew ฅ(⌯͒• ɪ •⌯͒)ฅ❣

260 Reviews

Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:20 am
TriSARAHtops says...

No, it's just 24 hours (or less) in the life of the character. I don't mind if it takes a little while to post, because lots of people are in the situation where school work and life interferes.
we'll be waiting

9 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:23 am
kat13254 says...

OK thanks :D
Mew ฅ(⌯͒• ɪ •⌯͒)ฅ❣

413 Reviews

Reviews: 413
Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:49 pm
Cailey says...

Hey there! I like the idea of this SB, it seems like a really neat twist to add to SBs, the baton linking all of the characters together.
However, I was wondering how the characters will interact? Do the characters stay together even after handing off the baton, or do they interact with one another before they even pass it off?
Anyway, just something to think about, since a SB won't work very well if we're all just writing our own separate stories in the same place.

On a side note, I submitted a character. Is there anything I should change?
A non-writing writer is a monster courting insanity. -Kafka

Look: A Link! https://caijobetweenthepages.wordpress.com/

260 Reviews

Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:37 pm
TriSARAHtops says...

@Cailey Thanks for joining! Your character is great and I am happy with him as is.
As for characters sticking around, I think at first it will focus on the individual stories, and when there are a few characters, and their personality suits it, there will be a more concrete plotline around fighting/learning about the baton.
I guess whether the character interacts with whoever they are passing the baton depends on the character. Some might pass it on quietly and run, others might apologise before handing someone the baton, some might start a conversation to distract as they pass on the baton, etc.
we'll be waiting

260 Reviews

Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:24 am
TriSARAHtops says...

@EllaBliss Thanks for joining! I really like your character, however if you don't mind, is it okay if she's a couple of years older? We already have 2 characters in the 'mid-teens' range, and if you could make her older (maybe 18 or 19) that would be great, just to have a little more diversity in ages. She's your character, so I don't want to force the change, but please tell me how you feel about making Aki a little older.
;-)
we'll be waiting

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:35 am
EllaBliss says...

I really don't know. I really think that the "kawaii" thing is more for teens, so I made her Sixteen. Maybe I could make her fourteen, as in the "younger teens" stage. As in, the age I will be next year in real life!
Oh, I'm such a fool! I can't be free!
No escape from the storm inside of me!
I can’t control the curse!
Please, you’ll only make it worse!
There’s so much fear! You’re not safe here!

260 Reviews

Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:47 am
TriSARAHtops says...

@EllaBliss No, 16 is better as my character is 14. It isn't a problem, so don't worry about changing it.
we'll be waiting

9 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:49 am
kat13254 says...

I could make Alinne older.
Mew ฅ(⌯͒• ɪ •⌯͒)ฅ❣

260 Reviews

Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:55 am
TriSARAHtops says...

@kat13254
If you are happy to do that, that might be good. However if we get too many people in the same age range (ie at the moment we have Marty at 14, Alinne at 15 and Aki at 16, so all teen girls with only two years between eldest and youngest) I might request that when new characters are created people avoid this age range. You two both joined early, so you get a bit of freedom.

I think the point I was getting at was if you want to, because Alinne could potentially be older and it wouldn't mess with her character, however don't do it if you don't want to.
we'll be waiting

9 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:00 am
kat13254 says...

I changed Allie's age to 19
Mew ฅ(⌯͒• ɪ •⌯͒)ฅ❣

The first thing I do when I have a good quote is always to put a goat in it. uwu
— Liminality