z

Young Writers Society

DreamLand DT

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:19 am
Jony says...

Welcome to the DT!
Use this place to post your ideas, concerns, questions, interests. Almost anything! If it's not stated in the main SB post and you want to know about it, then post your question here! Also use this place to discuss with your fellow SBer's, since it's up to you guys to come up with a specific plot and direction for the SB.
“In a Wonderland they lie, Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die:
Ever drifting down the stream- Lingering in the golden gleam- Life, what is it but a dream?”
― Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking Glass

-Jon7670

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Wed Dec 25, 2013 7:57 am
View Likes
Basil says...

Oh I'd love to join!! May I? *Cute face* :3
Dorian, are you the one adding all the spices to our food?
Of course I am.
Why?
Because frankly the food here tastes like poorly cooked sawdust. It genuinely tastes how Solas looks.

123 Reviews

Reviews: 123
Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:40 pm
View Likes
FatCowsSis says...

I'd love to be a part of this! :3
What do you call a cow with no legs?
Spoiler! :
Ground Beef

49 Reviews

Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:41 pm
Jony says...

Everyone go ahead and create your characters, I'll mark your spot.

Edit: FatCowsSis I tweaked your character's phobia and ability just a little since I thought she seemed a little underpowered, I just made it so her phobia is the fear of pain (agliophobia) and her ability is if she experiences pain or if she sees another person experience pain, she develops almost superhuman fighting abilities. But she can only access these abilities if she's in pain or sees another in pain, your free to expand on these abilities if you want. I left everything else the same however so don't worry about that.

Oh also your part of the Darkness kingdom; more info on that here since not much is known about this kingdom, your free to expand on things and take some creative freedom regarding the kingdom and it's inhabitants. Just remember that on your first day in DL, you'll be taken to the DK for whatever reason and you will just be a new member.
“In a Wonderland they lie, Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die:
Ever drifting down the stream- Lingering in the golden gleam- Life, what is it but a dream?”

-Jon7670

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:20 am
Kanome says...

@Jony
If you could, can you see if I need to change anything about my character? Thank you!
PROTECTOR OF LIGHT
Knight of the Green Room

49 Reviews

Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:31 pm
Jony says...

@Kanome Yeah, I'll check it out! I'll also post what I've changed (if anything) on here.

-Jon7670

49 Reviews

Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:41 pm
Jony says...

Okay so @Kanome, the only thing I changed was her ability, I felt that she needed an ability that was somewhat more offensive, and since her phobia is the fear of sounds/voices, I gave her the ability to manipulate sound (feel free to take this in any direction you want) some examples of that power would be making high density sound waves as a weapon or removing any noises from a person (like removing their voice) or from an area so she could sneak by.

-Jon7670

49 Reviews

Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:02 am
Jony says...

Okay, @TinyJarStoredDreams I approved your character and just wanted you to know that I tweaked her ability a little. I just made it so it relates to her phobia a bit more, instead of just having her have super strength/speed, I made it so she can steal an opponent's strength/speed for her own whenever she feels threatened/weak when facing them. She doesn't steal their power, only their physical strength/speed.

I didn't change anything else, just that.

Also everyone, I think it's time that we can start, I'm not closing the SB yet, but we can start posting. I'm still looking for more members for the SB, but we can start.

Remember that your first post will be a vivid description of your character's nightmare and the phobia they fight and overcome in that nightmare, be very descriptive and creative, it will be everyone's first look at your character's true strengths, weakness's and their personality/ability.

-Jon7670

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:07 am
TinyJarStoredDreams says...

Thanks for changing it, that is a whole lot better than what I wrote.
How the hell are we suppose to look forward to the future if we aren't sure if we will be alive in the next 20 seconds?

49 Reviews

Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:12 am
Jony says...

Oh also, don't forget to post this on the top of every post;

Name, Kingdom (If any), Phobia, Area your character is in currently (Use the areas/kingdoms/map stated in the main SB post as a reference, also since the first post is just your character's nightmare just leave that part out)

-Jon7670

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:19 pm
Basil says...

Does anyone have any objections to me posting?
Dorian, are you the one adding all the spices to our food?
Of course I am.
Why?
Because frankly the food here tastes like poorly cooked sawdust. It genuinely tastes how Solas looks.

49 Reviews

Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:58 pm
Jony says...

None at all, go right ahead @Basilthecat

-Jon7670

557 Reviews

Reviews: 557
Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:45 am
Ventomology says...

Oh whoops! I forgot to check in here before submitting a character! Please excuse my rudeness.
And really important question: will the story take place both in the real world and in Dreamland?
I'm looking forward to working with everybody!
"I've got dreams like you--no really!--just much less, touchy-feeley.
They mainly happen somewhere warm and sunny
on an island that I own, tanned and rested and alone
surrounded by enormous piles of money." -Flynn Rider, Tangled

49 Reviews

Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:49 am
Jony says...

@Buggiedude2340 Awesome and everyone else, sorry for not posting, lately I've been juggling YWS, school responsibilities and everything else so I've been working on it slowly. Hopefully I'll have my first post up by tomorrow and everyone post whenever your ready, you don't have to wait for me if you were.

-Jon7670

123 Reviews

Reviews: 123
Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:19 pm
View Likes
FatCowsSis says...

I'm going to try to get my post in here. I've been traveling, and Christmas, and school's starting, so I have exams and all this other stuff...
What do you call a cow with no legs?
Spoiler! :
Ground Beef

Be steadfast as a tower that doth not bend its stately summit to the tempest’s shock.
— Dante Alighieri