z

Young Writers Society

The Grand Heist DT

413 Reviews

Reviews: 413
Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:58 am
Cailey says...

It always brings out that little OCD part of me when SBs have first and third person, so I'd say just go back to first person next time you post. But that's just me. :)
A non-writing writer is a monster courting insanity. -Kafka

Look: A Link! https://caijobetweenthepages.wordpress.com/

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:22 am
View Likes
AlmondEyes says...

Sorry guys. My internet is down :(
"What is dead my never die, but rises again, larger and stronger..."

*Ride like Lightening, crash like Thunder*

"Ask me no questions, and I'll tell you no lies..."

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:49 pm
DarknecrosisX says...

I'm inclined to agree with Cailey. Personally I think when the narratives change to the extreme of 3rd and 1st person, it looks inconsistent and messy. It would be preferable if you could change it to 1st. It shouldn't take too long.
Laments of passion
Obstructed by fear.
Under guises of jovial chatter;
Incredulous hopes
Steadily feasting away-
Eating away at my heart.

663 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 663
Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:53 pm
Messenger says...

ok I will sometime soon. I completely forgot about that rule

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:49 am
AlmondEyes says...

Hey guys. My internet is up and running and I should have my post up by tomorrow night at the latest.
"What is dead my never die, but rises again, larger and stronger..."

*Ride like Lightening, crash like Thunder*

"Ask me no questions, and I'll tell you no lies..."

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:49 pm
birk says...

Dark, we're all here.

Tell us the plan...
"I never saved anything for the swim back."

Do not mistake coincidence for fate. - Mr Eko

they're selling razor blades and mirrors in the street

67 Reviews

Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:29 am
DarknecrosisX says...

Yeah, sorry, but I just got a fresh load of coursework, I'll give the plan by tuesday at the latest. Sorry, but this is an inevitable part of college :?
Laments of passion
Obstructed by fear.
Incredulous hopes
Steadily feasting away-
Eating away at my heart.

133 Reviews

Reviews: 133
Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:13 am
PiesAreSquared says...

I'll be posting next unless someone's already got a draft. If you do go ahead to post it first! I just don't like two segments which may possibly clash so I make these types of notices!
The moment you say that one set of moral ideas can be better than another, you are, in fact, measuring them both by a standard, saying that one of them conforms to that standard more nearly than the other. C. S. Lewis

I used to be ZLYF

67 Reviews

Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:03 pm
View Likes
DarknecrosisX says...

We need to really discuss the plan on this thread- But this is where we are so far for the actual heist. At the moment we're on the prep.

So, for the heist:

Kiara shall create suspicion within the ranks by being present in the building at the same time as her 'duplicate'. This will lead Interpol into calling out the NYPD into tracking this copycat, while Kiara makes her way to Melane's vehicle for her escape.

Meanwhile, Amica and Wayland will work together to hijack one of the Interpol vehicles that is being loaded with the stolen loot, and will already be ignored by the orders of Atley- since it is carrying the money he intended to steal.

Cillian will be on standby with a remote control to drive the copycat car, wired to explode when stopped by the police and cause chaos so Amica's escape will be easier.

Any other suggestions?
Last edited by DarknecrosisX on Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Laments of passion
Obstructed by fear.
Incredulous hopes
Steadily feasting away-
Eating away at my heart.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:44 pm
birk says...

I really like what we have so far.

Some things though:

You wrote Kiara will escape in the car as the double, wouldn't it be Ami? And I kinda need Kiara with me inside.

This first distraction plan is neat, so what comes next?

I guess once we have the blueprints we will enter through the underground tunnels and Emile will use explosives to get us into the vault.

I guess the characters are a bit scattered by then. Lets see, I would want Cilli and Kiara within the building. Ivy and Melane might be on a rooftop of the building next door? Ivy keeping the police (when the inevitably arrive) from entering the building using a sniper rifle, while Melane has a chopper on standby to carry them both off? And maybe all the police choppers have been sabotaged?

Ami is in the car, leading a large portion of the cops away (same with the remote car), and I assume the rest of us are in the vaults then.

Cilli would probably give you a limited window of oppurtunity to rob the vault as the cameras etc, are off. Until stuff probably goes wrong, yes? ;)
"I never saved anything for the swim back."

Do not mistake coincidence for fate. - Mr Eko

they're selling razor blades and mirrors in the street

413 Reviews

Reviews: 413
Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:45 pm
Cailey says...

Okay, so this all sounds good but I just need to repeat it in my own words and make sure that I did actually understand.
(This is like watching Ocean's 11 and 12 and 13 and Italian Job and all those other robery movies and I'm always so confused about what's going on. But this time I get to see the whole plan before the movie, it's great!)

Anyway, so Kiara makes herself look like someone already in the building, right? Just as a distraction.
And then if she needs to get back inside then she could escape, change disguise and walk right back in to join Cilli inside. (Except I'm a little bit confused, what are she and Cilli going to do inside?)

So there are multiple robberies, right? They're stealing the money in the car that Atley was already in the process of stealing, and then they're also getting into the vault at the same time and stealing all the money from there?

*Puts on a disguise and tries to be invisible just in case I'm totally wrong...*
A non-writing writer is a monster courting insanity. -Kafka

Look: A Link! https://caijobetweenthepages.wordpress.com/

67 Reviews

Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:13 pm
DarknecrosisX says...

I phrased it badly, I can see. Okay let me reiterate:

What is happening now as a part of the Setup:

Cillian is obtaining a cleaning staff uniform copied from the design of those working in the GBFD for Kiara to use to sneak inside. Cillian will give Kiara a person to impersonate, hoaxing a call telling the staff they have a day free, and will also retrieve information about their car. This information will be sent to Carmine.
Then they will put Kiara inside the GBFD, who will place a router into the Depository's system, allowing Mears to access the mainframe and recover the blueprints to the building. She will then act as if she is working, then leave.

Everything I said in my previous message concerns the heist- that will happen later in the storybook. Please, to avoid the confusion I created, mention at the start of your DT posts, whether you are addressing the Setup or the Heist.
Last edited by DarknecrosisX on Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Laments of passion
Obstructed by fear.
Incredulous hopes
Steadily feasting away-
Eating away at my heart.

67 Reviews

Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:02 pm
DarknecrosisX says...

Was just crunching some numbers guys.

This is for the Heist

The getaway will involve three vehicles:

The helicopter- which will contain Melane, Kiara and Emile- will have a cage full of 3 tonnes of gold ingots (that's $123 million's worth).

There will also be two, 20 tonne articulated trucks, one shall be driven by Amica, the other by Carmine. Amica will get her truck by hijacking one along with Henderson.

When Atley tries to make a getaway in another, Carmine will wrestle to take control of the vehicle, and will be joined by Ivy, who will have an emergency parachute in the case of her being discovered atop the building facing the GBFD. Once Carmine and Ivy gain control of the truck, and Atley is thrown out to be apprehended by the police, that will give the team two trucks in total.
Each carries 20 tonnes of $100 bills, resulting in a hefty sum of $4 billion between the two.

That is the total the loot of the heist shall come to. Remember that as the value of the dollar decreases, the value of gold increases, so gold kept for years later could become worth more. The values I have used were those taken from 2013.
Laments of passion
Obstructed by fear.
Incredulous hopes
Steadily feasting away-
Eating away at my heart.

133 Reviews

Reviews: 133
Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:49 pm
PiesAreSquared says...

We should have some sort of assassination on the other end of the city to draw off most police and set some buildings on fire to draw off firemen that way we can split into three teams one in the air, one in the tunnel, and one rushing boldly in. And I course a lone gunman.
The moment you say that one set of moral ideas can be better than another, you are, in fact, measuring them both by a standard, saying that one of them conforms to that standard more nearly than the other. C. S. Lewis

I used to be ZLYF

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:01 am
Dreamery says...

How's the group in term of guns?

If you want something badly, you just gotta believe it's gonna work out.
— Andy, Parks & Rec