z

Young Writers Society

The Four Kingdoms DT

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:57 pm
NightWolf says...

Here is the DT for the Four Kingdoms, chat away, and talk about the storybook.
"We're all just stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?" The Eleventh Doctor

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:33 pm
Iggy says...

Hi! Claiming Princess Sophia. ;)
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

37 Reviews

Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:56 pm
NightWolf says...

You can have here, @Iggy
"We're all just stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?" The Eleventh Doctor

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:32 pm
View Likes
Griffinkeeper says...

Hey folks.

So, NightWolf gave me permission to use Will. To make Will less... pathetic; he's going to have read some magic books. The upside is that he is going to have more utility. The downsides are somewhat more involved.

For one, he doesn't know every spell out there, so he's going to need to carry books. They can be pretty heavy. Second, he may have to spend time flipping through the book to find just the right spell (can you say "Dramatic tension?) Third, even when he does have the right spell; implementing it may take certain amount of time. Fourth, he hasn't had a lot of time to practice these spells. So, instead of casting a fireball; he may end up just casting a couple sparks.

The trajectory of his plot is going to be one where he is initially unconfident and shy. He will stammer, avoid eye contact, and not do very well under pressure. He'll spend most of his time thinking, not talking.

Where he'll enter into his element is when there is something to study, a puzzle to ponder, or a problem to solve. As he builds confidence, these issues will gradually disappear.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

37 Reviews

Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:36 pm
NightWolf says...

Wow, you thought him through more than me . :)

863 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:44 am
View Likes
Griffinkeeper says...

NightWolf wrote:Wow, you thought him through more than me . :)

All I did was build upon him.

Some additional thoughts:

Since Prince William is so timid; it is likely that he isn't the only Prince. If he was, then he would be much bolder because people would fear what he would do to them when he became King. But, since his personality is so much more timid and even fearful, it is likely that he had an older brother. Everything goes well, until the older brother is killed in battle; which means now William has to go on an adventure which he might otherwise pass on.

Currently, the storybook says that there are four kingdoms at war. If they are at war with one another; then it would be very difficult to have them join forces. But if the four kingdoms were allied against a foe; and they were selected for some kind of diplomatic mission, then it would make sense to have representatives of each royal family to go up and meet with this mysterious fifth kingdom.

863 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:35 am
Griffinkeeper says...

When can we start?

37 Reviews

Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:37 pm
NightWolf says...

When everyone has their pages up, @Griffinkeeper

I like your idea about the older brother, I think that is definitely something we should add.

The heirs don't want their future lands to be at war, and so they secretly meet up. They travel in disguise. As no-one really questions them, they can easily arrange to meet up.

Thanks,
Nightwolf

663 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 663
Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:49 pm
Messenger says...

Katherine is ready. Are we waiting for Iggy and maleficient?

37 Reviews

Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:07 pm
NightWolf says...

Yeah,

663 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:19 pm
Messenger says...

OK. Umm, since there are wars going on, then I am assuming there are going to b soldiers from all four armies running around. Are we going to run into any battles, or will we be able to pass due to one of us being a prince or princess of that kingdom?

663 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:09 pm
Messenger says...

This is a map of the four kingdoms. The blue is water, brown jagged things are mountains, dark green is forests, and blue, green, and brown together, is marshes. Hope this helps us!
Attachments
The Four Kingdoms.jpg

37 Reviews

Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:31 pm
View Likes
NightWolf says...

this is great!

863 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:24 am
Griffinkeeper says...

When are the others going to have their character pages up?

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:31 am
Iggy says...

Today! So sorry all, it slipped my mind.
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

Opportunity does not knock, it presents itself when you beat down the door.
— Kyle Chandler