z

Young Writers Society

Birathi: The City of Light

413 Reviews

Reviews: 413
Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:19 pm
Cailey says...

Anyone who wants to. We don't need to do the whole wait until everyone posts before you post again. I think as long as one or two people post between you, then it's all good.
A non-writing writer is a monster courting insanity. -Kafka

Look: A Link! https://caijobetweenthepages.wordpress.com/

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:19 pm
AlmondEyes says...

That's a relief. Thought it would make it seem like I don't have anything better to do, though I don't at the moment :D
"What is dead my never die, but rises again, larger and stronger..."

*Ride like Lightening, crash like Thunder*

"Ask me no questions, and I'll tell you no lies..."

43 Reviews

Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:15 pm
AlmondEyes says...

I got nothing for a post right now. Who still hasn't posted yet?

413 Reviews

Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:34 am
Cailey says...

I've been meaning to post, but things have gotten busy and I can't make my mind focus long enough to write a good post.

@NightWolf hasn't posted in a while, but as we've noticed he has internet issues and may not post for a while.

413 Reviews

Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:52 am
Cailey says...

@Skyguy can I have some more info about the wizard you mentioned??
I want to write the next post, but I want to figure out what this new challenge is before you get to it.

I don't mind the plot twist, but I want to know the details! I feel like your post was pretty confusing, and I want to try and clear all of that up before I write my next post.

In the meantime, Pixies! Anyone can go and get them into the forest for a pixie attack! Any questions about the pixies just ask me- or tell me if you have any suggestions regarding pixies.

And, @Dante can you shoot me a PM with how Razley fights off the pixies? Does she just blow them away or trick them or what?

Thanks!

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:55 am
KingLucifer says...

Read my most recent post @Cailey
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

Reviews: 0
Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:46 am
Skyguy says...

@Cailey

Marcus Du Brathor, adopted son of the elven family, many centuries ago. Wizard. Was nicknamed the dragon, because he was the most powerful fire wizard, and still is. Sought after the Elven throne, but lost. For 7 years, he studied the dark arts, such as necromancy, and demon summoning. Made a bid for the throne, by casting an evil spell that caused any one under the influence of his spell to contract a horible plauge. Mass murderer, but extremely powerful. Still lives, because of his dark magic, and he is still extremely dangerous. Warning, stay away.
I will never give up... I will never give up! As long as I'm still breathing in this world... as long as I'm still standing in this world I will never give up!

413 Reviews

Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:12 pm
Cailey says...

Okay, I like all of this except for the plague. The main plotline is trying to get rid of a plague started by the Writer, so adding a plague done by a wizard just makes things too complicated and gives a little too much power to wizards.
The way I imagined wizards- they are much more just controlling elements and making potions. Spells are much more used by the more powerful Writers, not wizards.
Otherwise, sounds good.

And sorry @Dante somehow I missed that post.

Reviews: 0
Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:07 pm
Skyguy says...

Oh... well, this plauge died out, so I just meant an evil spell then.
I will never give up... I will never give up! As long as I'm still breathing in this world... as long as I'm still standing in this world I will never give up!

413 Reviews

Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:47 pm
Cailey says...

So, for their next challenge, I was thinking a scepter?
Spoiler! :
Scepters: Vague forms that can change their shape to mimic fears or trick unlucky travelers. They do not walk- and leave no footprints.

But-- what shape do we want this scepter to take on? It can be almost anything: something that would appeal to one person's fear, or something that might scare or trick the entire group.

I know Razley is afraid of Fire-- so it could be something to do with that, although if we meet up with this other wizard then we will also be including fire there.

Anyway, anyone else have specific fears or ideas of something that would affect the entire group?

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:10 pm
Stellabeam says...

Maybe a messenger that tells them that everyone in their kingdom has died of either the plague or a siege and that it's useless to continue? I know that would freak out Katii and maybe some of the others.

I would post but I have writers block :/ But we should also agree on what the Scepter is.
“A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five.”- Groucho Marx

If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure."-J. Danforth Quayle

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it- M. Twain

43 Reviews

Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:10 pm
AlmondEyes says...

@Cailey: didn't you and I agree about Aryk and his fear of wolves and that Azya would fight it? You said you would let everyone know.

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:11 pm
NightWolf says...

I know Damon would hate seeing the dead spirits of his parents, he still hasnt lost hopes in them being qlive
"We're all just stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?" The Eleventh Doctor

413 Reviews

Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:02 pm
Cailey says...

Oh my goodness! I completely forgot that I hadn't posted that, @Janika I really thought I'd already written a post.

Yeah, so Aryk got attacked by a wolf when he was a kid, and is therefore terrified by them.
So @janika and I were thinking the scepter could turn into a wolf, which would freak Aryk out and take away some of the leadership status he got and hopefully make the others like him a little more?

And Azya could shape shifter into her main form, a Jaguar, to help kill the wolf.

And I like the other two ideas as well, so maybe later on they can encounter more scepters. I don't think this will be the last challenge..

413 Reviews

Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:16 am
Cailey says...

Wait, @Skyguy, did you read all this here in the DT?
It's not a real wolf, it's a scepter taking on the form of a wolf because it knows that will scare Aryk the most. So you wouldn't be able to talk to it because it isn't really a wolf.
And it wouldn't have an alpha sending warnings, either.

@Janika and I talked about this and the idea of Azya being the one to fight the wolf.

If you want your character to be the one to overcome the next challenge, that's awesome. I want each character to be able to face and win different challenges. But communication would be good.

I mean, for the most part I don't have a specifically planned out plot or anything, but in this case I wrote about this in the DT, multiple times.

I was trying to get some more action and team bonding with the wolf attack. You know, give them a chance to show just how much they are willing to do for each other. So I would love it if you could just change or delete that post since we already had the outcome planned out.

I'm a fledgling potato bird that lives in a nest in the rp forums
— Ley