z

Young Writers Society

Birathi: The City of Light

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:48 am
AlmondEyes says...

Dante wrote:
Cailey wrote:Good question. I guess I can start the meeting since no one else seems to want to post. :D

@Stellabeam: If you post before I do tomorrow, it's time to get Razley and Kati talking. Oh and Razley talks about herself in the third person unless she's casting spells.

Same with my character as well. Except with the whole third person thing :)
"What is dead my never die, but rises again, larger and stronger..."

*Ride like Lightening, crash like Thunder*

"Ask me no questions, and I'll tell you no lies..."

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:23 pm
KingLucifer says...

@Stellabeam let me know if you want me to edit anything.

@Janika, Razley and Katiian are going to the library, you could have your character follow or wait until they get back.

@Everyone else, let me know when Razley's cuteness factor has gone though the roof, also, I think I found a liking to third person view.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

43 Reviews

Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:07 am
AlmondEyes says...

Writing in third person does make it easier for portray a person's thoughts and feeling along with putting another person's views in. At least, that's my opinion :) I'm working on a post right now.

413 Reviews

Reviews: 413
Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:06 am
Cailey says...

I have to admit though, I always forget that I'm writing in third person and I accidentally switch to first person. I had to reread my post several times to change all the 'I's to 'him's. :D
A non-writing writer is a monster courting insanity. -Kafka

Look: A Link! https://caijobetweenthepages.wordpress.com/

43 Reviews

Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:17 am
AlmondEyes says...

I've been having the same problem :)

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:13 am
Stellabeam says...

Hai!

Sorry guys for the delay. I've been super busy lately but should get a post in tomorrow morning.

@Dante The post was fine. Talking about self in 3rd person reminds me of my 3 year old little sister and Elmo on Sesame Street. For someone her age it's not cute but childish and annoying. That's how we think about it (Katii and I )
“A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five.”- Groucho Marx

If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure."-J. Danforth Quayle

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it- M. Twain

50 Reviews

Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:13 pm
KingLucifer says...

Stellabeam wrote:Hai!

Sorry guys for the delay. I've been super busy lately but should get a post in tomorrow morning.

@Dante The post was fine. Talking about self in 3rd person reminds me of my 3 year old little sister and Elmo on Sesame Street. For someone her age it's not cute but childish and annoying. That's how we think about it (Katii and I )

I plan on explaining why she is like this eventually, it just takes the right question and a little bit of annyence from somebody.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

413 Reviews

Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:47 pm
Cailey says...

I want to go on with the next post, but I'll wait until later today to give @Stellabeam and @NightWolf a chance to post first.

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:58 pm
Stellabeam says...

I lied. I might not have internet this afternoon. If i don't post by this evening go one without me.
“A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five.”- Groucho Marx

If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure."-J. Danforth Quayle

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it- M. Twain

413 Reviews

Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:41 pm
Cailey says...

Hey, @Skyguy, your post was good, and I like the twist, but you ended it saying that Tris rode of to go investigate something.

They're about to leave on a quest. In like, half an hour. There is no way anyone would let her leave the palace when they're about to start their journey. Could you please edit that??

Also- can you explain again why humans can't enter to forest? That was really confusing, and needs to be made clear considering this quest will probably take them through the forest- and humans are represented in the quest.

Reviews: 0
Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:52 pm
Skyguy says...

Consider it done!!!
I will never give up... I will never give up! As long as I'm still breathing in this world... as long as I'm still standing in this world I will never give up!

413 Reviews

Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:00 pm
Cailey says...

Awesome! Thank you!

Reviews: 0
Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:15 am
Yunalesca says...

Hola!! Just to let you guys know, this is Janika. I'll be posting under this name sometimes and just wanted to go give you guys a heads up :)
*Sore wa tsudzuku* "It goes on"

413 Reviews

Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:52 pm
Cailey says...

*Miniature heart attack* Two names? So confusing...

I mean, okay, cool, that's fine. Thanks for letting us know. :D

50 Reviews

Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:01 pm
KingLucifer says...

Where the heck is Nightwolf?

The true adventurer goes forth aimless and uncalculating to meet and greet unknown fate.
— O. Henry (William Sydney Porter)