z

Young Writers Society

The Forest of Labyrinth DT

159 Reviews

Reviews: 159
Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:13 am
Skydreamer says...

Okay let the talking and ploting begin! Now that there is a DT no more messages need to go in the storybook itself!

Let's chill out! XD
I believe in that, which is not seen.
I call it truth, faith, hope, life.

~~~~Sometimes life beckons us to be different~~~~

I used to be known as thewritersdream, but now my dreams have taken flight

120 Reviews

Reviews: 120
Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:45 pm
View Likes
ladcat13 says...

Thanks so much! I couldn't figure out how to do it. I'll have to learn someday...
Anyway, I haven't been able to come on much lately, and I apologize for that. It's so exciting to see this SB started!

Millions of miles from home
In the darkness before the dawn
In the swirling of this storm
When I'm rolling with the thunder
But bleed from thorns
Leave a light, a light on.

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:46 am
AyumiGosu17 says...

The biggest problem, though, is that no one is willing to write. I'm up for planning and discussing, but not if it's just two people. I can try and recruit some older writing partners of mine and get this thing rolling again. I just don't want to waste my time on a dead thread.
"Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery." Timothy 4:14 KJV

159 Reviews

Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:15 pm
Skydreamer says...

Not a dead thread. XP I'm willing, and Dynamo is in! So that's good. I'll have my character up ASAP. Also, there needs to be discussions on the different trials the Forrest would bring upon the traveler, that's really important. Sorry I hadn't joined sooner, I have a lot of SB's, and I was a bit dry on inspiration, hopefully we can sill make this work though! : ) For the sake of the story.

164 Reviews

Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:49 pm
View Likes
AyumiGosu17 says...

Tylor's here because I begged him to come. I'm working on getting one more writer, if possible. I just gotta find her.

As for the forest, I believe Ladcat said she was going to control it, but we're all good enough writers to throw in some twists ourselves. This forest is described as magical and hungry, like a living thing in its entirety. There could be the shifting maze of paths, vine encounters, freak natural mini-disasters, not to mention the animals that might live there. We could do just about anything with it, and it could work.

This kind of reminds me of the forest from Quest for Camelot XD
"Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery." Timothy 4:14 KJV

159 Reviews

Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:17 am
Skydreamer says...

That's what I like about it. I just love the idea of kind of the forest being alive. I think that it's quite creative and leaves the freedom of the mind. XP Thanks for inviting people!

Yeah, I was thinking strange creatures and all that, I think that at one point the characters could start even meeting people who never made it out and so forth. And then also find clues on how to get out and whatnot.

I'll get my character up today and post up today I believe.

164 Reviews

Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:43 pm
View Likes
AyumiGosu17 says...

I'm probably going to create another character, a female. It won't overload me, because I'm not working on anything else aside from my book. I'm trying to edge Tylor to get his butt in here and start planning with us; he's good at stuff like this XD

159 Reviews

Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:12 am
Skydreamer says...

I just created a character. Her name is Maya. I am thinking this is more olden day's time though right? XP I am thinking like in the 18th century or something? So there are no cars or any sort of thing.

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:38 pm
Dynamo says...

I don't have much of a plan in mind at the moment. I do know the medallion my character buried will be the focus of his motivations. He buried the medallion well, so even if another character were to find the tree they won't be able the find it. Even if they did see the turned up dirt I doubt their first thought would be to dig around in it anyway. But if our characters were to loop around and find themselves back at the tree Adam may feel compelled to dig up the medallion again to make sure it's still safe.

That gave me a good idea, actually. Because of Adam carving into the tree any character that finds it could possibly use it as a marker while they're trying to find their way out, maybe even use the spot as a home base of sorts. It's up to you guys.

I'm not sure how to get Maya and Adam to meet up since Adam has already left the area and doesn't have any reason to come back at the moment. Any ideas?
Chicken <-- Egg <-- Rocket Powered Fist
Take that, science!

159 Reviews

Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:56 am
Skydreamer says...

Yeah, actually I thought of making her see the tree to sort of connect the characters and because I figured it would be interesting. I do think that the tree should be sort of a marker for the characters, which is also why I made her find the tree.

Well, I figured they wouldn't meet up for a couple more "days". And I'm thinking that potentially they will both be in danger at one point in the Forrest, and perhaps one has to help the other and that's how they meet up. A bit cliche, but it could be mixed up a little to make it less cliche. If not that, it's possible Adam could have been walking in circles, considering he's trying to find a way out, not go through the Forrest. But, it's up to you.

And then for plan of what might happen next, I'm thinking the forrest is king of like jungle, so expect rain, and weird plants, and animals. There will be bears and such... so as far as plot it'll just be them fighting off the danger. And trying to stay alive, with maybe some conversations and for my character she needs to learn how to work with someone and etc.

Those are my ideas. ^^ If you have more please share them and @AyumiGosu17 how would you like to meet up with the characters?

103 Reviews

Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:54 am
Dynamo says...

It doesn't really matter to me how the characters meet up, so long as they do.
Take that, science!

164 Reviews

Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:42 pm
View Likes
AyumiGosu17 says...

I'm going to have to delete my other post. I'm not entirely sure yet, but I do have my character as a knight, so he'll probably be chivalrous and try to help any body who needs it. Let me go back and read your post, wake myself up, and then I'll get something down.

103 Reviews

Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:46 pm
View Likes
Dynamo says...

While Adam is still up in the tree I was thinking maybe the forest could try to kill him by having one of the vines in the tree wrap around his foot and pull him off the branch. As he falls and hits every branch on the way down another vine gets wrapped around his neck. When he reaches the bottom the vine grabs him and tries to strangle him to death. Normally when a person is hung their neck snaps from the sudden stop, but because he hits all the branches on the way down it'll slow his descent enough that the stop won't break his neck.
Take that, science!

159 Reviews

Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:24 pm
Skydreamer says...

That sounds cool! Will this be on your next post? I think Maya is going to have to deal with a wolf trying to eat her, but she's sort of close to Adam which leaves the posibility of them meeting and such. Maybe she could help him. I'm thinking she'll be eating the wolf for dinner if possible.

103 Reviews

Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:59 pm
Dynamo says...

I assume ladcat is going to write how the vines entangle him since she's the one controlling the forest, or you if you're in charge of the forest whenever ladcat isn't around. I don't think Maya will be able to kill the wolf and save Adam in time. Besides, Adam is smart enough to save himself from this situation. In all likelihood it'll probably be Adam showing up to rescue Maya once he frees himself from the vines.
Take that, science!

The wince that you wince when you see your quote in the quote generator is quite a wince, I tell ya. To know that the whole YWS community has read and judged your quote is quite an awkward feeling like oh noes. *manly blush*
— Arcticus