z

Young Writers Society

The Life and Days of the Worlds Mystic Beings DT

Reviews: 2
Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:52 pm
TheNeoAceofAll says...

Discussion thread for The Life and Days of the Worlds Mystical Beings. Questions? Comments? Concerns? Post here.

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:41 am
umaima says...

Can witches be good? And immature because I want my character to be both so if yes then please reserve a spot for me in witches if not then please reserve in socerer

Thanks

PS I love the idea of the SB

One more question, do you have to live in dorms or on our own outside the school(if we are not witches then)?
“The strong person is not the one who can wrestle someone else down. The strong person is the one who can control himself when he is angry.”

“It is better to sit alone than in company with the bad; and it is better still to sit with the good than alone.”

Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:44 am
TheNeoAceofAll says...

Yes, however it is unconventional. Most of them who want to be good are sill viewed as being bad. Also, their powers still draw from the dark arts (think classic salem witch trial magic) so it is hard to be good, though possible. So its your call on that (let me know so I can reserve your slot) Witches can live outside however the students are dormers. I was going to address this a little later. If you want, you can say your character has a private room (maybe have a reason, like your old roommate moved out or was a jerk and you had to be separated) or have a npg be your roomie. If you want, you can ask other people to be roommates with you as well, though I would wait until we get a few more so you can have more options and find who is best for you.

Thanks for joining :)

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:13 pm
darklady says...

Would Dreamscape characters have some classes in the day time? I was wondering about how much interaction with other characters they'd actually get otherwise.
Call me Melanie!

Knight Darklady's Log

Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:28 pm
TheNeoAceofAll says...

darklady wrote:Would Dreamscape characters have some classes in the day time? I was wondering about how much interaction with other characters they'd actually get otherwise.

Very few classes, maybe if they toke a specific elective (your call on what) and therefore have to be up in the day. Also, they can be up in the day, as long as they have the energy to be up at night.

8 Reviews

Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:26 pm
darklady says...

Thanks.

The kids have a gift from their parents and then aren't allowed contact with them until they finish school... So they live with their parents until they're 14 right?

Submitted my character. Changed her to a witch though.
Call me Melanie!

Knight Darklady's Log

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:22 pm
KingLucifer says...

@darklady

Would it be possible that Luciana and Nemier are working side by side while there at Mystic Academy? I'll lower Nemier's age so there closer in age together and that way they could work together and be friends.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

8 Reviews

Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:30 pm
darklady says...

@Dante Oh that would be good! You don't need to change the age if you don't want to though. Nemier could be like an older sister figure for Luciana. Maybe Nemier wants to train up Luciana to believe in Nemier's ideals, or to join her clan/coven?
Call me Melanie!

Knight Darklady's Log

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:31 pm
umaima says...

Okay then I would like my character to be a witch, a good one though and can live in a dorm without a roommate because her roommate moved out and also it this SB permits love and stuff (does) then we can go with that and someone can know that my character's a witch and keep it as a secret on the sake of it.
“The strong person is not the one who can wrestle someone else down. The strong person is the one who can control himself when he is angry.”

“It is better to sit alone than in company with the bad; and it is better still to sit with the good than alone.”

50 Reviews

Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:36 pm
KingLucifer says...

darklady wrote:@Dante Oh that would be good! You don't need to change the age if you don't want to though. Nemier could be like an older sister figure for Luciana. Maybe Nemier wants to train up Luciana to believe in Nemier's ideals, or to join her clan/coven?

Nemier's a good witch, sort of, I'll reveal her ideals in the SB. But yes Nemier will act as big sister for her and be her friend.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:31 pm
TheNeoAceofAll says...

darklady wrote:Thanks.

The kids have a gift from their parents and then aren't allowed contact with them until they finish school... So they live with their parents until they're 14 right?

Submitted my character. Changed her to a witch though.

They do not live with their real parents; they live in the real world with adopted parents until they turn 14. They then wait until they graduate until they meet their real parents. That is the law

50 Reviews

Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:10 pm
KingLucifer says...

So when do we start? also I need to edit my profile to add her parents gift to her.

77 Reviews

Reviews: 77
Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:24 pm
Craz says...

Just submitted my character! Anyone that wants their character to know about her black journal, please PM me. :)
"we'll fasten it with some safety pins and tape and a dream, and you're good to go, honey."

Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:45 pm
TheNeoAceofAll says...

Dante wrote:So when do we start? also I need to edit my profile to add her parents gift to her.

I was hoping to start on wednesday/thursday. I am going on a trip and will be back by then. Sorry if this inconveniences anyone, and please let me know if you guys are ok with this.

8 Reviews

Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:30 pm
darklady says...

Fine with me :)

Need to edit my profile a little then. Thanks for the answers :)
Call me Melanie!

Knight Darklady's Log

“Can a magician kill a man by magic?” Lord Wellington asked Strange. Strange frowned. He seemed to dislike the question. “I suppose a magician might,” he admitted, “but a gentleman never could.”
— Susanna Clarke, Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell