• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

289 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 289
Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:00 pm
Caesar says...

checking in, and you may want to link SB to DT and vice versa.
vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:03 pm
crossroads says...

'Tis done, with the new fancy tools~
- they/them -

289 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:07 pm
Caesar says...

Woot. //character awaits approval

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:11 pm
KingLucifer says...

I'll take a demon contractor weaker one.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

289 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:12 pm
Caesar says...

A contractor is the human, I think, actually.

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:14 pm
darklady says...

Can I reserve a weakened demon please? Hopefully will add my profile tonight.

ETA: Question - where is this set?
Call me Melanie!

Knight Darklady's Log

289 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:18 pm
Caesar says...

1950's is as to when, and as to where... we honestly have no idea. Somewhere.

(yay more people)

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:28 pm
ScarlettFire says...

*bounces* Hello~ DT. ^^
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

117 Reviews

Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:51 pm
crossroads says...

@Dante~ meaning, a demon?
Weaker demons don't have contractors, hence they're weakening. They haven't necessarily started as weaker, though, nor do they have to be younger or less experienced than the three stronger ones.
The only reason these three are stronger is the fact they happened to be bond to someone at the moment. If that bond breaks (which is possible, I suppose), they'll begin to weaken as well - and vice versa, once weakened demons make contracts, they shall be getting stronger again. Maybe. Unless there is something terribly wrong happening behind the scenes, who'd know c:

I'm reserving slot for you, @darklady .

Also, yes, as Bro said. 1950s for the era, and the Town (such an imaginative name, I know) is ~somewhere~ Not really determined where, but it has a port and it's surrounded by forest. Think small town, where it's usual for neighbours to know each other and poke their noses in other people's business.

For the record, there are other NPC demons and humans in the Town, and you're allowed to make NPCs of your own whenever. It's not nearly as much fun to get a contract with an NPC, though, so that's off the limit (for now at least) :3

As about everything else, human slots are to be filled as well, hence I'll probably be locking the demons' in a while if the ratio gets to be way off.

Also @Alvarin, @ShadowVyper, @Auxiira, @carbonCore look, a DT.
- they/them -

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:02 pm
darklady says...

Thanks guys :) Couple more questions: what abilities are demons allowed to have? Are there any rules as to there being certain things a weaker demon can't do that a stronger one can? And do their abilities depend on their contracted souls?

You've posted a code for the profiles - what about the Create a Character link?

How humanoid do they have to be? Can they have random fantastical/animal parts or odd colourings/markings that they can hide? Can they have more than one form?

Also, it says making more than one contract makes their stored souls halve, did you mean more than one contract with the same person?

Yeah it was where, I wanted to know. I was wondering if it was set somewhere specific.

Thanks! How long is the slot reserved for, just to make sure I don't lose it?

Sorry about all the questions! Oh wait, one more: how would a demon come into existence? Or can I just make that up myself for my character?
Call me Melanie!

Knight Darklady's Log

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:17 pm
Alvarin says...

Hello, DT.

My human, John Halliday, will be docking in the harbor since his fishing boat broke down (problems with the engine, or something). He'll be taking a crew of NPCs with him. If anyone wants to play a fisherman in his crew, then feel free. We could make our characters friends.. Or something. Just putting that out there xD
“Are you looking for sympathy? You'll find it in the dictionary between shit and syphilis”
― Thomas Harris

117 Reviews

Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:24 pm
crossroads says...

darklady wrote:Thanks guys :) Couple more questions: what abilities are demons allowed to have? Are there any rules as to there being certain things a weaker demon can't do that a stronger one can? And do their abilities depend on their contracted souls?

They can have, basically, all kinds of abilities. There are different kinds of demons, and I wish to see originality, hence there are no real guidelines. The stronger the souls they've/are contracted, the stronger their abilities become. The more souls they lose, the weaker they become.
There isn't any set limit, really, but if a character gets too powerful (or threatens to be godmoddy), I shall let you know (friendly) c:

You've posted a code for the profiles - what about the Create a Character link?

Oh, you submit the character there. The "Name" part is to be written into the Name field, and the rest just pasted into the About field of the template.

How humanoid do they have to be? Can they have random fantastical/animal parts or odd colourings/markings that they can hide? Can they have more than one form?

Ah, I like your way of thinking!
They can be animals, for all I care, if you can pull it off. They can have random parts, but do mind that, at first, humans shouldn't know that they're demons (because otherwise they'd turn away and run off, not give them enough trust to make contracts), so make it..hideable. And yes they can have power of changing forms, though I imagine, the weaker s/he gets, the less forms s/he could use.

Also, it says making more than one contract makes their stored souls halve, did you mean more than one contract with the same person?

I meant, contracts with more people - or better said, more than one contract in general. Since humans tend to own just their own souls (perhaps there's exception of pregnant women owning their babies' and lovers owning each other at times), there is no point in making multiple contracts with one person.

Yeah it was where, I wanted to know. I was wondering if it was set somewhere specific.
Thanks! How long is the slot reserved for, just to make sure I don't lose it?

Oh, don't worry, you won't lose it c: Do try to get the profile up in next couple of days, though, seeing I'd like to start soon.

Sorry about all the questions! Oh wait, one more: how would a demon come into existence? Or can I just make that up myself for my character?

Don't worry, I like questions! As the SB's founder, I'm here to answer them ;)
Demons can be born, or made (in that case explain how - some very strong demons can turn people or objects into demons, but for high prices, say). So basically you can make it up yourself ^^
- they/them -

117 Reviews

Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:36 pm
crossroads says...

Oh yeah, also.
In the Town, Father (whom I dubbed so because I have a father and a daughter demon characters), my strong demon, is as clsoe to a mayor as it gets. He's the head of the town and the head of the community.

Bro's character, whom I dubbed Avvie because I tend to do that, owns the law firm.

Masque, Alv's demon character, owns a shop with masks.

More about all those in their profiles, but those are our three strongest demons ^

Positions in the town are open, from teachers to politicians, salesmen, bartenders, whatever comes to mind. Those are the roles the demons would take to, you know, lure people into feeling of safe normal town. Humans could take positions as well, work for each other, why not.

Also. The SB will start after some humans have already came to the Town. Meaning some of you can have intro posts of just arriving, others of what their life is/was like so far. I'd appreciate some flashbacks, especially in the demons' post, though I won't force you to do those xP

And yes, I like posting twice to give you notifications.
- they/them -

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:56 pm
KingLucifer says...

I have plot ideas it's more or less to explain what is happening to the souls and causing the demons to weaken. Like my general thought process on the manner is, if there are demons, why not Angels?
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

As a writer, I'm more interested in what people tell themselves happened rather than what actually happened.
— Kazuo Ishiguro