z

Young Writers Society

The Major Arcana DT

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Sat May 25, 2013 4:47 am
Threnody says...

Hello! I am looking forward to this storybook a lot and I love the level of dedication that I'm seeing.

First off, the characters will be drawn together in Italy after the Magician summons them from their hiding. Their first order of business is to rescue the Tower from his imprisonment by the collective. The Tower is not a man in sense, but a fortress with a consciousness that has fallen prey to the influence of the Collective. Before the Schism when the Major Arcana broke up, this was were they based themselves. They must locate it as it has been hidden somewhere in Italy, and fight the Hermit who has stayed there alone, guarding it.

The Hermit has the power of doubt. He instills overwhelming doubt in those he encounters, weakening them, confusing them and causing them to misplace their ambitions and motivation. This is why it is so difficult to find the Tower.

Any further ideas and plot development are very welcome. Thanks everyone! Also, please communicate with each other, that really helps!

Link to the Storybook: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=97935
“One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes”
~ The Little Prince~

161 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 161
Sat May 25, 2013 4:52 am
Sassafras says...

Can't wait! :)
A pale imitator of a girl in the sky.

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Sat May 25, 2013 4:53 am
Omni says...

No. Just kidding. I'm not sure what to say to that (It overwhelmed my thought process as of right now)

I'll just go and try to make my character template.
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Sat May 25, 2013 4:54 am
KingLucifer says...

I may not have my profile up till Monday, but if I am lucky I may have it up tomorrow mourning and before the weekend is over we should hopefully have everyones profile.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

324 Reviews

Sat May 25, 2013 7:40 am
Threnody says...

Here's a quick reference, hopefully it will help.

The Major Aracana:
The Magician
The Star
The Moon
The High Priestess
Strength
Temperance
Justice

The Collective:
Death
Judgement
The Hanged Man
The Devil
The Fool
The Emperor
The Hermit

Incapacitated:
The Lovers
The Tower
The Empress
The Hierophant
The Chariot
Fortune
The World
The Sun

The Tower and the Chariot are manifested not in human form, but as sentient structures. The Tower is the fortress in which the Major Arcana convened and the Chariot was a method of their transportation.
Last edited by Threnody on Mon May 27, 2013 9:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
“One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes”
~ The Little Prince~

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Sat May 25, 2013 9:32 am
Omni says...

Hope you like my character! *Hopes he didn't overdo it*
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Sat May 25, 2013 1:08 pm
crossroads says...

Checking in - by the way, I love the fact this is so thought of, and also the imagination put in thinking of the characters' powers ^^

Question, do they all know each other, and how well?

Oh and another few questions xP. Do we know of the personalities/powers/destinies of the good guys who aren't around anymore? And how well do we know the bad guys? Can some of the characters be related?
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Sat May 25, 2013 1:39 pm
niteowl says...

Checking in! Also considering a character name change...is going for a moon goddess too cheesy?
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

324 Reviews

Sat May 25, 2013 2:52 pm
Threnody says...

@Aquestioning - Nope, I like the detail you've gone into to create your character and how you've integrated what she stands for. Good job! It looks like we'll have to go searching for Fortune in the near future.

@AriaAdams - They all know each other very well as they have all worked with each other since the beginning of time. They strategically allied themselves with each other to create the best combination of powers to shape the course of human history. For example, in this world, the black death was caused when Death, Judgement, and the Devil formed a powerful triad and a lethal plague spread through Europe. This was the origin of the Collective.

We still know the bad guys, but some will know members better than others. For example, the Magician knows the Fool very well and can describe his powers and his personality very well, having worked closely together in the past. However, though he could recognize the Hanged Man and his work, they have rarely allied with each other in the past and so the Magician cannot correctly predict his inclinations. But, they have known each other for enough time that most everyone knows each other to a certain extent.

@niteowl - Your profile is fine! I like the creativity with the powers and I'm looking forward to knowing her history and her personality. It's funny that Fear and Desire are Pomeranians.
~ The Little Prince~

117 Reviews

Sat May 25, 2013 3:06 pm
crossroads says...

I see, thank you ^^

I'm working on the profile, btw, it'll be up soon (like, in an hour or so). If it matters to anyone already, Star is a guy. c:
- they/them -

50 Reviews

Sat May 25, 2013 4:45 pm
KingLucifer says...

Profiles up, I had a surprisingly hard time with it. So I'm sorry if the profile seems all over the place.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

324 Reviews

Sat May 25, 2013 6:21 pm
Threnody says...

Looks great everyone! We're only missing a profile from Erza and then we can start. I expect to be able to start this storybook on Monday.

Any last questions, suggestions, proposals, comments...etc, let me know!
~ The Little Prince~

161 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 161
Sat May 25, 2013 6:23 pm
Sassafras says...

Uriah's profile is done! :) This should be fun.
A pale imitator of a girl in the sky.

117 Reviews

Sat May 25, 2013 8:08 pm
crossroads says...

I'd like to know about the rating..and the rules c:
I can guess most of them, but if there's something we should watch for, do tell ^^
- they/them -

50 Reviews

Sat May 25, 2013 11:28 pm
KingLucifer says...

So me and Reise have talked and decided that Nata and Uriah are getting together, it's going to be slow at first. But once Nata's alcohol problem has pasted they'll be seen together, a lot.

You can, you should, and if you’re brave enough to start, you will.
— Stephen King