z

Young Writers Society

The Mystery of Crime DT

206 Reviews

Reviews: 206
Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:20 am
LadyPurple says...

I like number 1. A lot.
You're new? Great seas! Why haven't you gone to the Buddy System yet?

You're dealing with writers. The words "normal" and "usual occurrence" do not compute.
~Rosey Unicorn

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:25 am
niteowl says...

Checking in.

Not sure how I feel about turn orders, since my schedule is insane. I'm worried my turn would fall at a bad time for me and I'd be making others wait. I think 1 would be okay with that, though, since I would post when it fits the story (which hopefully fits time-wise). I also like number 4.

I'm not sure how I feel about Christophe and Boston posting so frequently. It seems like they'd dominate the SB, which makes sense since they're solving the case, but it feels like other characters won't get a word in edge-wise. Maybe a slight modification to 1, where a couple people post in between?
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

332 Reviews

Reviews: 332
Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:37 am
Blackwood says...

Yeah I thought it was slightly over dominated by the detectives in that case but it would be hard to move the story along without them since the main plot is about the murder, we don't really want to be getting into the daily lives of the suspects or unrelated stuff, everything needs to be related to the murder or the process of solving the murder or the benefits of the murder.

I was thinking 4 with the exception that Christophe and Boston were not restricted and could post as many times they like but they don't have to post every second post, for example they might post 3 or 4 times in a cycle rather than every other time.

If you are reading this for the first time and have no idea what we are talking about go to page 2
Hahah....haha.....ahahaha.

Random avatar

Reviews: 161
Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:33 pm
kayfortnight says...

I actually like one since everything's going to be connected, but without the 'it always has to be one of the detectives idea." Let me elaborate. I like the leading into each other thing with 'so and so will visit so and so' at the end of the post and then the person they're going to visit picks up there, but there could also be the same kind of lead in with suspects plotting together without a needless insert from one of the detectives.
This account proudly supports lgbt* rights.

77 Reviews

Reviews: 77
Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:58 pm
Craz says...

I agree with kayfortnight and nightowl.
"we'll fasten it with some safety pins and tape and a dream, and you're good to go, honey."

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:46 pm
Jadefox says...

I like number one, so I agree with kayfortnight and niteowl and crazycraz who also agrees with them.
Every book you've ever read is just a recombination of 26 letters.

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:51 pm
Omni says...

I was the first to say this XD
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:38 pm
CowLogic says...

I was thinking. Should we start off the SB (or after a certain amount of time) by having each suspect in an interview with the two detectives, each one giving their carefully thought out alibi and introduction?

It would be like a Noir/Tarantino/Meta kind of thing, I guess.

Then again, that may not work.... Thoughts?

And by the way, I kind of like 6, but with restrictions, like, you can't just post without reading the DT and whatnot. Well, I'd be fine with any of them, personally, come to think of it.
The course skin of a thousand elephants sewn together to make one leather wallet.

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:49 pm
Omni says...

I like that XD
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

332 Reviews

Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:29 pm
Blackwood says...

CowLogic wrote:I was thinking. Should we start off the SB (or after a certain amount of time) by having each suspect in an interview with the two detectives, each one giving their carefully thought out alibi and introduction?

That's How I was planning to start it anyway.
So the detectives posting every other post would work well for that at first btu later once its done it would become kind of unnecessary as you guys say. Perhaps we could have them posting every other time just for the interviews then back off once they're done?

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:23 am
Jadefox says...

The profile of Norbert Belrose is posted.
Every book you've ever read is just a recombination of 26 letters.

332 Reviews

Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:16 am
Blackwood says...

Jade you forgot your murder weapon. Also can you elaborate on how murdering Jacques is beneficial; I assumed the delivery boy isn't a scientist so the notes probably wont be of much use to him and if he is caught with them they will know its him.

332 Reviews

Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:15 pm
View Likes
Blackwood says...

I have decided we are going to start and lets hope that the final two people join soon: this is important because ANYONE could be the murderer.

Before I make the first post I am going to post up a summery of all the profiles. It was going to be a surprise but I planned on doing thumbnail cartoon sketches of each suspect to go beside their profiles. However it takes alot of work to do even one and I have only done 6 people so far. I am not the best cartoonist in the world so if anyone thinks it is a bad idea for me to interpret your characters in drawings please speak up now because its either one or all and if I do not have to do the rest of the drawings it will save me alot of time.

I will be making introductory posts shortly.

206 Reviews

Reviews: 206
Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:36 pm
LadyPurple says...

Could we have more than one character? To fill up the spaces?
You're new? Great seas! Why haven't you gone to the Buddy System yet?

You're dealing with writers. The words "normal" and "usual occurrence" do not compute.
~Rosey Unicorn

332 Reviews

Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:46 pm
Blackwood says...

Hmmm Ladypurple i was considering that. Lets give it one more day because there were some people i asked who haven't got back to me yet. If they don't fill soon enough then you can have another character.

On the role of commissioner this is important because he is not only a suspect but he also gets to have some say and lead in the investigation since he is head of police. He could use this to his advantage or disadvantage.

Forever is composed of nows.
— Emily Dickenson