z

Young Writers Society

Wonderland Rift 2 DT

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:08 pm
Shady says...

PM them to Alva, then post here in the DT (when she approves).

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

56 Reviews

Reviews: 56
Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:20 pm
methrirr123 says...

Okai. Thanks. I'm doing my usual thing of taking a character and changing it so utterly and completely, that it's hardly recogniseable.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:19 pm
Omni says...

Hmm, if you could get up a summary of what happened in the first SB, and put it in the beginning of the second, that would be awesome for those people like me who don't wanna read 23 pages of SBs
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:24 pm
KingLucifer says...

Someone remind me, I wanna chat with FemeantingFruit to see if he would be willing to let me take the White Knight spot, if not, where there is light there is surely darkness. And I would be willing to make a Counterpart to the White Knight, maybe a Black or Dark Knight? tad overdone, but I would be willing to roll with it.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:26 pm
crossroads says...

It's called White Knight because it's on the side of the White Queen. It has nothing to do with White/Dark magic, it's not that kind of thing at all ^^
Also I doubt Fruit will let you have him/her xD

Omni, it will be there, along with the SB. They're putting a lot into it, I can tell :)
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

50 Reviews

Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:30 pm
KingLucifer says...

Thank you for telling me, I'll take a no alliance character.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:30 pm
Shady says...

I'm ready for this, and I don't want a Mod to hit me with a stick!

Name: Yamani
Based on what character?: Queen of Hearts
Alliance: Hearts

Appearance: Yamani is 5'9" tall and slender, but well muscled, and strong. Her skin is naturally pale, but easy to change-- meaning she tans easily, but doesn't keep it long. She's got black hair that barely brushes her shoulders, but she usually keeps it tied up in a manner that exemplifies it's jagged cut, something she got during her last days on the throne.

She's got a sharp, angular face, and clear green eyes. She's got a scar on the left side of her face, following the jawline, from when she infiltrated the Rebel HQ when she was Queen.

She's got a wild charm, and could be quite beautiful if she took the effort-- she never does. Freed from the confines of being sovereign, she dresses in comfortable clothing-- plain (usually green or brown) tunics, canvas trousers, and soft-soled leather boots.

She often wears cloaks, and finds them quite useful; but also finds them cumbersome for some things, and often forgoes them.

Spoiler! :
The marks on her left shoulder are a scar from one of her father's beatings when she was young.

The tattoo on her lower back is a heart that looks like this:

(I don't care what it looks like, it's a heart) with the inscription "~Wild hearts can't be broken~" Under it.

History: (See Summary for details)

After gathering a group of rebels and storming the castle, dethroning her parents, Yamani took the throne at age 15. She juggled the ailing economy, revolts led by her dear sister, and a crumbling marriage as best she could-- but she was young, and the country was in jumbles from the start, and, she was eventually dethroned (though, to her credit, Lordshire did take over a country that was significantly more stable than when she got it.)

In her early years of hiding, she spent her hours practicing arms with Haigha-- making her a deadly adversary. As Lordshire grew less wary of her possibly returning, she began sneaking into the town-- and expanding an orphan-care program that 'Manny' had secretly established years before, taking in everyone who didn't have anywhere else to go (child or not), and training them to be self-reliant.

As Yamani's hair grew, and her scar faded, she became more comfortable with her ability to camouflage herself well again-- and ventured into town more often. She eventually secured a position in Lordshire's kitchen-- to gather intelligence, and scorn him.

Personality: Yamani tends to come across as cold and withdrawn-- at least that's how she tries to appear. In reality, she's got a bit of a soft spot-- but she's usually pretty good at hiding it. From time to time she'll dress as a man (Manny), and allows herself a few moments of tender weakness through him.

She's good at acting on the spur of the moment-- in fact, that's the only type of decisions she's good at making. Long-term commitments scare her (though she'd never admit that), and she usually tends to skirt away from them.

She tries to remain passive and unreadable, but it's usually quite easy to tell if when she's angry-- and it would generally be a wise move to run. But she's working on that-- trying to stay calm. It's a work in progress.

It's also easy to tell when she's excited, if you know her. Even if she manages to keep her expression neutral, her eyes give her away. It scares most people when she gets a certain glint in her eye, as well it should; but her closest friends have come to love it.

Weapon(s): Yamani is deadly accurate with throwing knives. She's been practicing since she was a small child.
Since she's been living in the wilderness, she's developed her skill with a bow and a sword. She wants to practice with firearms, but hasn't had an opportunity to yet. (them being too loud to practice, without giving themselves away).

Ability:
She's an expert at disguise.She's fooled her own sister before.

Up for Love?: Straight, already taken by Haigha.

Other: The Hearts' motto is: "Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken."
Last edited by Shady on Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:57 am, edited 3 times in total.

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:41 pm
Alvarin says...

Just for the record: the White Knight or King doesn't have to side with the Whites, just so you know. You're free to side with who you want and the character does not need to maintain the same friends and enemies as the original characters :)

I'll post the summary of the previous SB in a spoiler in my first post here. Tomorrow, that is. Oh and LH, I'll send you a PM tomorrow when I'm on my computer so that you can get started, okay? ;)
“Are you looking for sympathy? You'll find it in the dictionary between shit and syphilis”
― Thomas Harris

50 Reviews

Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:45 pm
KingLucifer says...

I won't be able to get the profile up until Monday, unless I get lucky on Saturday and my mom goes out with her friends.

30 Reviews

Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:32 am
Alvarin says...

That's okay ;) There's going to be quite a while before we start (until I'm done with everything).
“Are you looking for sympathy? You'll find it in the dictionary between shit and syphilis”
― Thomas Harris

184 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 184
Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:24 am
veeren says...

Did the WFP crash for anyone else? >.<
"Love is the name for our pursuit of wholeness, for our desire to be complete."
-Plato's Symposium

30 Reviews

Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:27 am
Alvarin says...

Yeah, kind of :S

Edit: It works again now.
― Thomas Harris

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:53 am
AlmondEyes says...

Name:Luna Wenchester

Based on what character:

Alliance: More or less a free agent

Appearance:Long raven black hair well below her waist with silver streaks that matches her piercing moonlight silver eyes with dark violet flecks.She keeps her bangs at eye level as most people are frightened. Beautiful lightly tanned skin. Luna has an intricate crescent moon tattoo on her lower right abdomen, a yin and yang tattoo on the right, another crescent moon tattoo that curves the under part of her belly button and shows off the silver tear drop piercing. She has a long scar under her right eye and a small beauty mark just below the right side of her mouth. She's 6'1 tall with an athletic build. Her curvy body keep guys interested. Every full moon her hair changes to match the color of her eyes. You'll find that she likes to wear steel toed boots and cargo capris and pants.

History: Luna grew up like most little girls did. Mother, Father, Sister. Luna was 5 when her mother and father died in a robbery gone wrong, and since she didn't have any other family, Luna and her sister were bounced around from orphanage to orphanage where abuse wasn't uncommon.

She was lucky to go a day without having to do something disgusting for food. She did her best to protect her sister, but it wasn't enough. She found her sister sitting in her room, blood smeared over the sheets and her sister's hair a mess with a tear streaked face. It doesn't take a genius to figure it out. Luna snapped and killed the man that would ruin her sister that way. They were both moved around a lot after that. One of the reasons Luna had to move around so much was because everywhere she went, she left bodies like a trail of bread crumbs.

The heart soldiers had always suspected she had something to do with it, but could never prove anything. One orphanage after another, same disgusting men. After a while, she just ran away from the orphanage and never looked back. One thing she had to learn how to do was fend for herself at an early age.

Personality:She's sweet, loyal, compassionate, and non judgmental. Very intuitive. She's fiercely loyal and won't take crap from anyone.She's the kind of person people would naturally turn to for leadership and guidance. She won't hesitate to tell you what she thinks, which makes her seem like a bitch to others who don't know her, but don't let that fool you. She is. She always keeps a cool head and doesn't loose her temper often, but when she does, she'll get in your face, or knock you out, or both. She never jumps to conclusions and she never assumes. If you don't have a problem with her, she doesn't have a problem with you. Respect her, and she respects you. It's as simple as that. She doesn't have a problem with violence, so don't think she won't go there. She will. And never touch her. She absolutely hates it. She also loves to laugh. She does tend to act like a smart ass sometimes. Just so you know. Luna isn't afraid of much, so don't try intimidation. She's quiet for the most part. She likes to watch and learn. She's not stupid, and she can always tell when people are lying. Luna doesn't like it when people won't look her in the eyes. It aggravates her. You'll come to find a lot of things aggravate her. Strengths:She never jumps to conclusions. She's quick on her feet, can adapt to any situation, and Weaknesses:Her willingness to lay down her life for the ones she loves. When she uses her ability too much, it'll go haywire and things began to go off and explode around her. Her mind is a very tricky and unstable thing. Her sometimes low blood sugar can also effect her ability, making it harder to control her ability. Her temper can be a trigger for her too. Too much of anything can set off her ability unless she keeps under total control, which can be tiring.

Weapon:Sai which she keeps in their sheaths at her hips, and a bull whip made from kangaroo hide that she keeps on her right hip. She's also known to carry a bow with a quiver of 20 arrows and small throwing daggers she keeps strapped to her chest.

Ability:Luna can has telekinesis, and with a little tweaking and fiddling with, can use it to cause internal damage on anyone. She's also very intuitive. Luna is also immune to mental abilities.

Up for Love?:Yes. She's straight. She's looking for a man she thinks can handle her.

Other:Luna has a background of martial arts and weapons training. She's unnaturally faster and stronger than most people. She also has killer eye sight. Luna also found that when she was young she had an interest in poison. She knows every poison out there and is immune to almost all of them. She also likes creating new poisons that surpass others that she's made, and specializes in paralytics and neuro toxins.
Last edited by AlmondEyes on Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:27 pm, edited 5 times in total.
"What is dead my never die, but rises again, larger and stronger..."

*Ride like Lightening, crash like Thunder*

"Ask me no questions, and I'll tell you no lies..."

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:01 am
View Likes
Omni says...

I'm ready for this! And sticks hurt...A lot.

Name: Miss Tabitha Marxil Kitshire

Based on what character?: Cheshire Cat

Alliance: Nonsense! No alliance can trap her down! (She is sided with the Hearts for now)

Rank: Why should a cat stoop so low to be classified in a ranking system?

Appearance: She has one long stripe down her back like a mane and smaller stripes that branch out from all around her back. She has gray fur with blue tips, the stripes a little more ble, a little less gray.

Her eyes are a deep purple, and she has large pearly white teeth.

History: She began as a cat, as regular as can be, but soon, for unkown reasons, she found out that she was different than most of her fellow felines. For one, she had abnormally large teeth and an abnormally large ego. After her family was killed by servants of the White queen, her personality changed, hardened. She became resiliant, able to brush anything off.
It only grew more defined when she figured out her powers. With the help of the most gracious Yamani, she was able to refine her abilities to the best they can be.

Personality: She is a smart little cat, with an incredible vocabulary and superior debating skills. She thinks of herself on being "The Queen of the Cats" and she will tell you this many times if you ever talk to her. She is self centered, but she always loves a good, long chat. Her ego is large enough to take up the entire kingdom, and she's sooooo proud of it. I think she named it Luther, at one point.

Weapon(s): Well, she has her claws and her teeth, but she rarely uses them. Who needs to fight when they can talk to her?

Ability: She can become invisible. She can also levitate about five feet off the ground. However, when she smiles, you can see her teeth, even when she is invisible.

Up for Love?: Of course not. No one is could love her like she loves herself.

Other: Nothing :P
Last edited by Omni on Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

30 Reviews

Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:11 am
Alvarin says...

Omni has special permission to keep it short, just like the Dormouse (whose profile I'm still waiting for *hrm*). Oh, and my profiles will be up tomorrow :)
― Thomas Harris

The wince that you wince when you see your quote in the quote generator is quite a wince, I tell ya. To know that the whole YWS community has read and judged your quote is quite an awkward feeling like oh noes. *manly blush*
— Arcticus