Young Writers Society

The 37th Hunger Games DT

170 Reviews

Reviews: 170

377 Reviews

Reviews: 377
Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:43 am
seeminglymeaningless says...

This is going to be very interesting. What happens when someone "kills" someone?
I have an approximate knowledge of many things.

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:03 pm
FermentingFruit says...

seeminglymeaningless wrote:This is going to be very interesting. What happens when someone "kills" someone?

That person that died cannot post anymore. How will you be deciding who dies?
Save time... see it my way.

"During high school, I played junior hockey and still hold two league records: most time spent in the penalty box; and I was the only guy to ever take off his skate and try to stab somebody."
-Happy Gilmore

170 Reviews

Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:08 pm
yubbies21 says...

eventually, of course, everyone bot the victor of the tributes will die. I will look at all of the character profiles and choose the most interesting and complete ones to be in the finals. If your character is boring, or their isn't enough details, or you aren't posting often enough, your character is about to die. I will PM you if its your turn to die, but please don't take any offense if you are called out soon.
beep

44 Reviews

Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:31 pm
View Likes
FermentingFruit says...

Oh. Because Caligraphy's went based off of how good your posts were, and she went from there.

"During high school, I played junior hockey and still hold two league records: most time spent in the penalty box; and I was the only guy to ever take off his skate and try to stab somebody."
-Happy Gilmore

178 Reviews

Reviews: 178
Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:21 pm
View Likes
Paracosm says...

Just an idea, but to prevent any hurt feelings, we could use a random thing picker.

http://andrew.hedges.name/experiments/r ... ckone.html

I also like the idea of quality, length, and number of posts. Another idea would be to keep your health in a spoiler and use a dice roller to determine attacks.

Just some thoughts!
Review unto others as you would have others review unto you.

Don't panic!

Also, Shino!

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:18 pm
Alvarin says...

Signing in.

I like the idea about health and dices ;)
“Are you looking for sympathy? You'll find it in the dictionary between shit and syphilis”
― Thomas Harris

170 Reviews

Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:15 pm
View Likes
yubbies21 says...

Sounds good. we can do a hybrid solution. I will add a new list. This list will tell you how much health, hunger and thirst you have (depending on injuries, lack of food, water, etc...), but still, remember that there is only one victor, and your person, even if they are a career, is still a kid. They aren't invincible, so they will most likely not escape unscathed.
beep

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:59 am
Elinor says...

Will we still have a basic death list? It would probably help to know just so we have something to base what the plot progresses around.

When will we start this?

Edit: FermentingFruit, Alvarin - career alliance?

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

44 Reviews

Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:46 pm
FermentingFruit says...

Elinor Brynn wrote:Edit: FermentingFruit, Alvarin - career alliance?

I'M COOL WITH IT. OH DAMN, CAPS LOCK ON. OH WELL.

-Happy Gilmore

170 Reviews

Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:44 pm
yubbies21 says...

yes, there will be a basic death list. Soon after we start, I'll choose who will win. It will depend on how much they develop their character, how good/long their posts are, or how creative they are. Everyone else will be placed on a list
beep

30 Reviews

Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:53 pm
Alvarin says...

Elinor Brynn wrote:Edit: FermentingFruit, Alvarin - career alliance?

Yes, definetly ;)
“Are you looking for sympathy? You'll find it in the dictionary between shit and syphilis”
― Thomas Harris

44 Reviews

Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:09 pm
FermentingFruit says...

Hey. Just a suggestion, instead of choosing the winner at the very beginning, slowly kill people off until there's only two left, and then announce it. Because if you say who's going to win at the very beginning, you might as well quit, because you're not going to win. This way, it'll keep people interested longer.

-Happy Gilmore

30 Reviews

Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:18 pm
VampireSenshi says...

Anyone want an alliance??? - Andrew's gonna kill it hopefully
<YWS>
<NE1>

NIGHT is always watching...

44 Reviews

Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:04 pm
FermentingFruit says...

My profile up.

-Happy Gilmore

the button war, the egg being featured member, and santa necro-liking halloween-esque works are the reasons i love yws
— Carina