z

Young Writers Society

The Gryphon's Egg

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:40 pm
Justlittleoleme says...

<.<>.> "waves hands hypnotically" You didn't see anything... XD ...sometimes I do little quick edits if I feel like my first post was lacking something ...O.o I'm not really sure why it doesn't show that I edited though...I must have secret powers or something Muwhahahahahaha XD :wink:

Oh, and yes, I read every single thing that gets posted on the story book. I "like" your templates when I feel like they show creativity while sticking to the main points I layed out. I kinda wish I could push like twice for a few of them, yours in particular. Even though it was long it was actually very awesome and even included some details about the wildercat that I hadn't mentioned before, which to say the least I thought was pretty cool XD

96 Reviews

Reviews: 96
Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:35 pm
tinkembell says...

YOU'RE SO TERRIBLE. I'm actually quite scared of your magically evil editing powers >.> *runs away whilst screaming for you to be burned at the stake* XP.

I know you read them ;) It really said 'one like, Anonymous, Justlittleoleme' when I looked at it, as if a ghost liked it or something, heh. *gasp* what new information did I add? Apart from nomming on baby Katchys of course...
"The rabbit always squeals in the jaws of the fox, but when has another rabbit ever rushed up to save it?" Damon Salvatore
;'( please, my lump, he just needs HUGS <3
Need a review? Just ask :)
Just keep writing, just keep writing, do-do-do-do-do

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:38 pm
Betheny says...

Hehe, oops. I think your ghost would be me. :S I was catching up on the SB from my phone but I can't log in, also it's very hard to manover a small screen, so I may have hit the like button by accident. Not that I dislike your template by the way! I didn't mean it like that.
"The world existed to be read. And I read it." - L.S Schwartz, Ruined by Reading

96 Reviews

Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:58 pm
tinkembell says...

*is hurt* XD. Ah... but I thought you couldn't like things if you weren't logged in?
"The rabbit always squeals in the jaws of the fox, but when has another rabbit ever rushed up to save it?" Damon Salvatore

28 Reviews

Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:00 pm
Betheny says...

I don't know, but you're a guest if not logged in so I have no idea how it works...
"The world existed to be read. And I read it." - L.S Schwartz, Ruined by Reading

96 Reviews

Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:02 pm
tinkembell says...

Oh, and a question before I can actually write my post, heh. How does Iris figure out that Amber's an heir? I was wondering because if it was from the necklace then he'd know about it from the begining, and there wouldn't be so much 'emotional turmoil' when he finally catches up to her. Maybe there could be another way Iris finds out?

28 Reviews

Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:09 pm
Betheny says...

I was thinking maybe Iris and Amber could have been friends then Iris got annoyed that Amber did something without her or with something else. Having been friends Amber may have told Iris, hows that?

30 Reviews

Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:14 pm
Justlittleoleme says...

Does some thinking...

Alright. I've got something running through my head. ...but I'm going to need a moment to work it all through. Amber and Iris should be best friends, and something should indeed happen to split them apart(this is where I'm going to need a moment to think) Iris knows about the Necklace and goes to the king using that as part of her description. But the second she mentions that she knows where the heir is King Malcolm panics and tries to find someway to send the Wildercat out of the room, Queen Ariel, knowing only too well what is going on gets up, furious at the Wildercat, "How could you allow this spy to get into the castle without you noticing!" The Wildercat should respond in someway(inside he should be a little mad at himself, cause he really hadn't realized the Katchy was even there before they had walked into the throne room) "Your supposed to be the all powerful Wildercat, and you let this little mite slip past you as though you were nothing but a kitten! What if she has friends out there? What if this is a Katchy attack? You should be out there checking the perimeter not laying here like some fat over grown house cat!" (Insert angry Wildercat Dialog here...he should be pretty ticked, but maintain his composure, being the wildercat and all. I might add, the Wildercat really doesn't like Queen Ariel, in fact he hates her but he never attacks her because the King actually loves her...in his own twisted way -_- )

Edited to add: the reason that I'm having trouble thinking of a conflict between Amber and Iris is because I don't want the reason to be too petty(Iris is more grown up that that) but I need something that's not out of character for Amber...is still thinking hard...hmmmm...

28 Reviews

Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:41 pm
Betheny says...

Maybe Iris really needed Amber, for some reason or another but in this time of need Amber was else where or just didn't have the time while Iris interprets this the wrong way and goes to tadle on Amber to King Malcolm. How's that sound?

96 Reviews

Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:24 pm
tinkembell says...

Sounds good! As for the problem, you said in Iris's character history that when her father died her mother hurt her/beat her whatever, and Amber could of (for a very good reason) not been there for her she was needed most.

30 Reviews

Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:54 pm
Justlittleoleme says...

Is thinking...this could work.
Alright, so Amber and Iris have been the closest of friends, the kind of friends that have known each other from early childhood, the kind of friends that help each other no matter what and try to visit everyday if they can,(in fact beyond Yoru Amber is Iris's only friend, the only other person, human or Katchy, that Iris trusts or has anything to do with) but lately Amber had been drifting away and visiting her less and less. Then one day, Iris severely Injures herself in a hunt. She realizes that she NEEDS help and sends Yoru to find her, but all Yoru come's back with is a note from Amber promising that she would be there soon.
Iris waits for two whole days(in the clutches of a really bad fever caused by her injury) for Amber but when someone finally arrives its not Amber but an older katchy woman(the village nurse) The woman stitches Iris up and stays with her until she's healed(a whole week) but the whole time she's doing so she's gossiping about how Amber is about to be married to Torku, the son of a great warrior and about to become the village Chieftess.
She say's horribly cutting things like, "She's soon to be a Chieftess you know, she won't have time to be visiting the likes of you anymore, Oh not that there's anything wrong with you dear," "you know, its really very inconvenient for me to be out here like this, I'm only doing it for Amber, and heaven knows she can't be bothered with you right now. Oh, not that its all that much of a hassle dear, but you must understand," ...well,you know, stuff like that. Just imagine mean stuck up old lady gossip mixed with feelings of the deepest betrayal, not to mention that Amber doesn't even visit once while she's healing. It also doesn't help that Iris has loved Torku since they were kids...

Personally I think just the mean old lady gossip alone would send anyone over the edge >.<

soooo...what do you guys think?(also, there is a good reason Amber wasn't able to be there for Iris, a very good reason, but that doesn't get revealed till later ;) )

28 Reviews

Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:03 pm
Betheny says...

Sounds good, by the way, I'm still waiting for someone else to post in the main story *looks at lump*

30 Reviews

Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:20 pm
Justlittleoleme says...

>.> Looks at lump to...XD

96 Reviews

Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:21 pm
View Likes
tinkembell says...

>.> I was waiting for you guys to hurry up and talk about this. Plus school. Plus different timezones. Oh and after I the question I had a little thing called sleep <.< I'M WRITING IT OKAY?! XD So then her uncle told her she was heir from the begining, and as awesomely close friends, Amber told Iris?

30 Reviews

Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:33 pm
Justlittleoleme says...

XD No worries lump, we are all human here...or...actually we are all Katchy/human/wildercat here but you get my point XD

Basically Amber knows she was the old king's daughter and that rightfully she is the next heir to the thrown. It was actually intended for Amber to grow up and some how hopefully regain the thrown through force. Amber knew this was her future and accepted it though she did not expect her destiny to be tossed upon her so suddenly.(As Amber's friend Iris would have been one of those first told...though I'm still not completely comfortable with the reason for Iris's betrayal...it just doesn't feel real to me -_- )

If you can't get out of your comfort zone, you'll never find what you're looking for. Don't make things quick and easy to feel better short term. Make a change and then you'll feel better longer term.
— Frinderman