z

Young Writers Society

~The Everyday Survivors~

489 Reviews

Reviews: 489
Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:21 am
Dreamwalker says...

Good idea :)
Suppose for a moment that the heart has two heads, that the heart has been chained and dunked in a glass booth filled with river water. The heart is monologuing about hesitation and fulfillment while behind the red brocade the heart is drowning. - R.S

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:34 am
MilkNCookies says...

(is lost)
"Fantasy is a way of looking through the wrong end of the telescope."

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

489 Reviews

Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:40 pm
Dreamwalker says...

Okay, so right now, Leah is still with us in central park. Adelina is confused because she doesn't know what a seer us. Leah is pretty much kind of the most boisterous Darkling. For that, she could really lead them, or get them to go in the right direction. So maybe try and get them to do something, like leave. Or go somewhere where as not to disturb the public, ne? That way we can have conversation about good and bad, or whats what, ne?

Just push in the direction you'd like everyone to go :). Its not god-modding. Its just helping move the plot!
Suppose for a moment that the heart has two heads, that the heart has been chained and dunked in a glass booth filled with river water. The heart is monologuing about hesitation and fulfillment while behind the red brocade the heart is drowning. - R.S

127 Reviews

Reviews: 127
Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:27 am
Incognito says...

ATTENTION:

Okay guys, I think we need to move this into a direction cause to be honest I don't see where this is going.

I believe we have to get past this squabbling stage and unite everyone with a common goal to complete and make this an actual story.

I believe it should be something along the lines of a threat to non-worlders. Maybe we could introduce a new non-worlder type or something that is a threat to human kind, which both imps and Darklings want to get rid of. Or maybe a disease or something. Something that we all need to work together despite our differences to get rid of.

I need your guys input.
'Everyone is entitled to be stupid, some just abuse the priviledge.'

489 Reviews

Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:39 am
Dreamwalker says...

I like that idea.

Originally, I had suspected the hatred between Darklings and Imps would be enough to start the drama that we needed, but unfortunately there isn't a lot of SBer's in this one, let alone what we'd presumably need.

So, in any case, I'm up for options on this one.

That and we really need to stop this whole 'I don't know what I'm doing guys'. Its a storybook. I'm sure you can figure it out.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:16 pm
Camulaeus says...

To reply to Incognito, I think I have an idea for a common goal.

Oblivion is disappearing. Imps and Darkling can no longer travel through it, and it's starting to pop up and snatch humans and Down-worlders alike. The cause behind it is that long ago an Imp and a Darkling were trapped in Oblivion, and their minds meshed into a horrible creature that wanted to destroy and protect humans at the same time. Now this monstrosity is stealing humans and trapping them in Oblivion; both ridding them from the world and protecting them from harm.

Just an Idea.
With friends and courage one can stand against all foes, for neither man nor God can conquer those who are not alone

"109 in the sky but the pigs won't quit"

GLBT it doesn't matterone thing doesn't change who we are

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:49 pm
MilkNCookies says...

<3 Cam, <3. <3 <3 <3 <3 <3.
"Fantasy is a way of looking through the wrong end of the telescope."

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:59 pm
Kamas says...

Love it Cam
"Nothing is permanent in this wicked world - not even our troubles." ~ Charles Chaplin

#tnt

127 Reviews

Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:48 pm
Incognito says...

I like Cam's idea. (:

5 Reviews

Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:57 pm
Camulaeus says...

Yay :) So I guess the next step is to introduce the monster, (name pending) to our merry band via (method pending)

Any suggestions?
With friends and courage one can stand against all foes, for neither man nor God can conquer those who are not alone

127 Reviews

Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:37 am
Incognito says...

I thinking one of us could be all like; epic gettaway!~ And step into Oblivion and miserably fail or something. Either that or it attacks one of the humans.

5 Reviews

Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:52 am
Camulaeus says...

I suppose Ean could try to get to Lina's apartment via Oblivion and fail, or maybe when they reach the apartment somebody is sucked in? Maybe Emma's sickness could be related to the failing of Oblivion. Perhaps for some reason she is in-tune with Oblivion, and its disarray is having an effect on her. Because of their bond, Brady could be inavertedly affected. This, combined with the other Oblivion mishap could give our character more than enough information to suspect something's up.

127 Reviews

Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:58 am
Incognito says...

That could work. I also think that everyone should be connected to Oblivion, well all the non-worlders. Though Emma is the most frail and weak of them all so she is being affected first and more drastically. We can slowly have other characters develop the problems overtime, so it is a united front thing.

And also, my sister is the creater of the storybook, and Im pretty sure the reason why Brady and Emma are sick is because of their bond together. Brady is really sick and the bond is using Emma's strength to keep him alive. Because of that I think, we can make the Oblivion bond affect her because she is so mortally bonded with this human being.

I think we should get everyone together before we introduce the failing of Oblivion though, so we need to get Leah and Morgana's characters with the rest of the group before we go anywhere.

5 Reviews

Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:01 am
Camulaeus says...

I agree completely. Now that you explain it too me, your idea seems infinitely better. I'm sending Ean into a collision course with Morgan and Leah, so we can bring them all together soon enough! (hopefully)

489 Reviews

Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:31 pm
Dreamwalker says...

Emma is sick, though, because Brady is sick. That was why Emma was the most frail in the first place.

I could see the Oblivion or whatever we shall be calling it being the reason as to why she'd be further sickened, but to change up the general idea of Darkling/Human relations would be depressing xD

Other than that, I'm cool with the idea :) it'll push this in a direction which is awesome so I'm all for it!

So, please, oh please, we beg, we pray, go throw your TV set away, and in its place you can install a lovely bookcase on the wall.
— Roald Dahl