z

Young Writers Society

Way Out West DT

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:44 am
eldEr says...

Welcome to the Way Out West DT!

Discuss whatever you want-- as long as it's relevant of course-- here.

I'll add a list of characters after the profile are up, too. :3
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:54 am
RedBird says...

Name: Nick Burns

Gender Guy

Appearance (written and picture): Nick is of average height, about 5'7". He's extremely thin, with bright blue eyes, a large spattering of freckles, and long-ish (shoulder-length) red hair, which he usually wears in a short ponytail. He has no money, and his clothes are old and ratty.

Personality: Despite a dark and grief-filled past, Nick is generally a cheerful person. He willingly makes friends, but remains guarded about his past life. He is sometimes prone to sarcasm if he gets angry or annoyed, which happens easily if he is pressed about something he doesn't want to talk about. He has had experience living on the streets, and knows how to fight if he, or anyone that he is close to, is threatened. He's hardy and yearns for something better, and figured that taking the wagon train would be a new beginning.

Strengths: He is loyal and hardy, and generally quite friendly, handy with tools.

Weaknesses: Easily angered if someone tries to dig too deeply into his past, and is used to doing things on his own, so even though he wants friends, he often forgets about them or refuses their help.

Up For Love: Yup, but you'll have to get to know him very well.

History: Nick cannot remember his parents, and for most of his life, he lived in a cruel orphanage, where he was forced to work 12 hours a day doing various things, like sewing clothing and such. He was beaten often, and has scars all over his back from the switch. When his best friends was killed from a beating, he lost all common sense and did something that was truly horrible. Terrified, Nick took to the streets, where he was known to be handy with tools, so he got a lot of odd jobs helping people fix things. When he first heard about the migration West, and the wagon trains that were leaving by the dozens, he immediately started saving up his meager earnings. Now that he's finally leaving the East, he is ready to leave his old life behind and start anew.

Other: Besides his secrets, Nick is pretty open, but tries to keep the scars on his back out of sight.
And remember...A portkey can be any sort of harmless object...A football...or a dolphin.
~Snape, AVPM

"You are the egg, you are the chrysalis, you are the progeny. You are the rot that falls from stars."
~Will Henry, on Typhoeus magnificum

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:49 pm
*singerofthenight* says...

Are we going to start this?
"Hello, is this thing on?"

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:01 pm
eldEr says...

Yup. Feel free to post whenever. I'm going to be busy all weekend, though. I MIGHT get a post in - maybe.Probably not.

SEE YOU ON MONDAY.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

83 Reviews

Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:45 pm

Sorry bout that Isha, But thanks!

Random avatar

Reviews: 24
Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:23 am
phantom of the potter says...

Hey guys - Just to let you know - I'll be pretty inactive for the next few days. I'm kicking myself for not writing an intro post already, but if you guys could try to keep my character alive, it would be great!

Thanks!
"The grasshopper!... Mind the grasshopper!... A grasshopper not only turns, it hops!... It hops!... And it hops jolly high!" ~Erik, The Phantom of the Opera

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:15 pm
SisterItaly says...

Isha will be unavailable for a while, so she wants us to keep her characters in. So could someone please come help Chaz deal with his little problem with Anna and Joe?
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

88 Reviews

Reviews: 88
Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:24 pm
TexanWriter says...

Where is this train headed? Oregon?

Religion without science is lame; science without religion is blind.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school.

-Albert Einstein

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:20 pm
View Likes
SisterItaly says...

A magical made up place in the west that I'm guessing would be today's Oregon.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

88 Reviews

Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:55 pm
TexanWriter says...

:P Yeah, that question did seem kind of stupid. I was just curious because I like settings to be complete in my mind. Even if we're all murdered before we get there, I'll assume we're following the Oregon Trail.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school.

-Albert Einstein

83 Reviews

Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:06 pm

Ugh..is anyone going to post??

88 Reviews

Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:34 pm
TexanWriter says...

I would, but I just did, and I'm waiting for you, singer. We need to make something exciting happen.

-Albert Einstein

83 Reviews

Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:27 pm

Oh yeah..I forgot about that ...Lol

83 Reviews

Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:50 pm

Mkay Texan, I posted. Waiting on you:)

Poetry comes alive to me through recitation.
— Natalie Merchant