z

Young Writers Society

Soul Catchers DT

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:01 pm
Shearwater says...

This DT will contain some important information regarding the storybook and will be used to answer any questions.

Souls

Souls are the essence inside every living thing. From a human to a tree, from the three to the leave, it is anything that is living. No, a rock does not have a soul – sorry. Souls are seen by Soul Catchers and Exorcists as white dancing light.

The afterplane is a soul sanctuary and The Organization believes all souls are born pure, whether the living thing was good or bad does not matter, therefore all souls should be sent to the afterplane to rest.

The Underworld is where demons come from. With enough force, demons can create little portals or tears in the Earth's surface in which they can enter the world of the living.

The Organization

They are a special branch that trains Soul Catchers and Exorcists. Inside, they have a team system which is set up as four members per squad. Two Exorcists and two Soul Catchers with a partnership between the two. These squads are given special missions to investigate any disturbances caused by any sort of paranormal event. Fighting demons and sending souls are their main task, however if anything disrupts the living (especially demonic forces) they will take action.

Demons

The enemies. Demons erupt through the cracks in the underworld and come up to wreak havoc amongst the living. When a human is killed by a demon, that soul is then transferred into the demon’s body where it acts as an energy source and in some cases, too many souls can cause a demon to morph. The demon feeds off these souls and becomes stronger. The more it kills, the stronger it becomes.

Weakness: Soul weapons. They are the only thing that can truly hurt a demon and when a demon is killed with the light, it is sent back to the underworld in where it is back to square one and might even come back out again.

How to extract and send souls guide:
1. Find the demon that has souls inside. You can tell differentiate which demon has possession of a soul and which doesn't by looking at their eyes. Red eyes - no soul. Yellow eyes- has souls.

2. Do not kill demon! If the demon is killed, both the demon and soul will end up going to the underworld and we don't want that. You will have to knock a demon out cold first. The host must be alive for the Soul Catcher to extract the souls inside. (Place hands over the heart of the demon, the soul is taken from the palm of the hand.)

3. Extract soul(s)

4. Kill demon.

5. Have Exorcists send the soul. (repetition of step two.)

Soul Weapons

Every Soul Catcher and Exorcist has a soul weapon. This weapon is an extension of one’s body and is made of pure light. Pure light meaning it is the soul of that warrior (When I say extension, I seriously mean this weapon will be like wolverine's claws or something. It will have to connect to the body so be creative.). Most soul weapons can't 'break' but it's possible. If something happens to your weapon than the possibility of you dying skyrockets. Soul weapons are only used against demonic forces and will do nothing to humans. However, the Soul warriors will continue carrying a weapon of their choice around just in case.

Questions and Answers
(Decided to put this up so no one asks the same thing twice.)

Q. Is it possible to close portals?
A. Could be, no one has found out the technicalities of closing portals yet. -However that would be wonderful, no? (I encourage you to find ideas.)

Q. What happens if I kill a demon with just a regular weapon?
A. Regular weapons do minimum damage. The demons have the ability to heal themselves so you might think they're dead, but they're not.

Q. What happens when a soul is not sent to the afterplane?
A. When the human dies, the soul leaves the body. Without proper sending it is left to wander the world of the living, lost until a catcher finds it, takes it in, and then is sent by an Exorcist.

Q. Exactly how does an Exorcist send a soul to the afterplane?
A. The portal to the afterplane lies in the hands of the Exorcist. Putting your hands above the heart of the vessel and sending the soul like that. The soul then disappears, fading away. :') It's a beautiful sight. . .

Q. Are demons afraid of the light?
A. 'O course they are! They hate 'soul light' which is what soul weapons are made of and that is why only soul weapons can hurt them.

Q. Can I has conversation with souls?
A. No.

Q. Can I go to the afterplane? Can I see it?
A. No.

Q. Well then, can I go the Underworld?
A. No.

Q. What happens to a demon after it dies?
A. It turns into a pile of dirt.

Q. Do humans know about Demons and the Organization?
A. Yes, to some extent they have some basic knowledge on that topic. As for the Organization, they're secret. Though, humans know that Soul Catchers and Exorcists exist but the information regarding their powers and all are kept a secret. It's a bit complicated...Let me know if you have any specific questions on this topic.

(will edit accordingly)

Link to SB: topic73143.html
Last edited by Shearwater on Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are.
-W. Somerset Maugham

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:05 pm
Tigersprite says...

Quick Question: If my character doesn't live in DC, can I make up some way to transport them there quickly? Or could they have some sort of teleportation device that sends them straight to the Headquarters in their normal weapon?
"A superman ... is, on account of certain superior qualities inherent in him, exempted from the ordinary laws which govern men. He is not liable for anything he may do."
Nathan Leopold

816 Reviews

Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:53 pm
Shearwater says...

Hmm, I'd rather not have any teleportation going on, it makes things complicated. I would go with normal transport methods, motorcycle, cars, planes.
There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are.
-W. Somerset Maugham

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:09 pm
Tigersprite says...

So then I can use an Organization-funded plane? Because DC and London are pretty far apart. ;)
"A superman ... is, on account of certain superior qualities inherent in him, exempted from the ordinary laws which govern men. He is not liable for anything he may do."
Nathan Leopold

816 Reviews

Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:21 pm
Shearwater says...

Yes, that will work. :)
-W. Somerset Maugham

1087 Reviews

Reviews: 1087
Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:38 pm
Sins says...

No, a rock does not have a soul – sorry.

... Mine does. His name's Freddie. Why have you gotta put Freddie down, Punk?
I didn't know what to put here so I put this.

816 Reviews

Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:42 pm
Shearwater says...

XD
Too bad. The truth hurts, freak.
-W. Somerset Maugham

1087 Reviews

Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:47 pm
Sins says...

It's like you want to feel my wrath, Punk.

816 Reviews

Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:51 pm
Shearwater says...

Psht, whatevas.

By the way, who was the guy Liam was checking out in your post?
-W. Somerset Maugham

1087 Reviews

Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:05 pm
Sins says...

No one really... Just some guy who fancied a Starbucks coffee. It can be someone specific if you want, but he wasn't meant to be anyone in particular.

816 Reviews

Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:09 pm
Shearwater says...

XD Okay, coolness!
Nah, I was just wondering because of the whole starbucks things. lol
-W. Somerset Maugham

1087 Reviews

Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:25 pm
Sins says...

Ah... I think I see what you mean, I think. Either that or I'm drunk and imagining things. I might just make him someone specific actually.

God, that sounds dodgy.

816 Reviews

Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:31 pm
Shearwater says...

Aye, Skins. You get drunk? :O

But you don't have to, I was just wondering. However, it would be funny...
-W. Somerset Maugham

1087 Reviews

Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:36 pm
Sins says...

Haha, no... :') I'm not cool enough to be one of those 14 year olds who strut around street corners, cans of vodka in hand, thinking I'm way too fly for the law. ROCK ON. No.

Oh, you bet I'm doing it so that it's him now! I didn't realise at first... That's my brain capacity for you.

816 Reviews

Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:59 pm
Shearwater says...

Ahaah! You were just about rank ten on the cool scale but you managed a 20. Nice.

:') Our character can meet before they even meet. It's beautiful! We have a common wavelength, Skins. ^.^
-W. Somerset Maugham

And you have to flaunt the weird, my friends.
— Alex Fierro