z

Young Writers Society

The Country of Meladora DT

362 Reviews

Reviews: 362
Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:43 pm
wonderland says...

So, Character sheets will be posted here, and we'll talk and do related things.

Cinderella~ -Retrodisco666
Evil Step Sister~
Evil Witch 1 (Cinderella’s stepmother)~ Kayleigh Byrne-wickedwonder
Rapunzel~ Rhoswen Arabella (Rhos, Rhoswen)-Wickedwonder
Evil Witch 2 (Rapunzel’s ‘mother’)~
Jack (Jack and the Beanstalk)~ Jack Prince-Mazzi
Little Red Riding Hood~ Scarlet (Red)-Puzzle
Prince 1~ Davis Charming -Isha
Prince 2~ Sefan Charming -Jabberhut
Baker~
Bakers Wife~Celicia-Snoink
King~ Eric Charming-Jabberhut
Queen~ Mae-Alz_gal

Actual Storybook- topic72866.html
Last edited by wonderland on Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:13 am, edited 11 times in total.
'We will never believe again, kick drum beating in my chest again, oh, we will never believe in anything again, preach electric to a microphone stand.'

*Formerly wickedwonder*

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:11 pm
SisterItaly says...

Name: Red Riding Hood. Prefers Red. (Her real name is Scarlet)

Appearance (description and pic, if possible): Red will never be seen without her red cloak, usually with her hood up. She stands at about 5'4" and weighs about 115 lbs. She walks with a light step and a straight back. Her fair skin makes her look ever paler under the sun and her dark brown eyes are always averted from eye contact.
Spoiler! :

Personality: Red doesn't speak much, but she's a curious one. She can spend hours just wandering around the forest. She's very mature for someone of her age, and has her priorities straight. She's not one to fight, but if you threaten her red can throw one heck of a right hook. Red isn't one to like being the center of attention, hence why she's so quiet. She tends to get nervous around anything in the least bit threatening, mainly wolves. She does not like wolves.

Up for love?:... Sure.

What original fairytale?: Red Riding Hood.

Powers? (Only for Witches.): N/A

Other:
Last edited by SisterItaly on Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:37 am, edited 3 times in total.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

333 Reviews

Reviews: 333
Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:16 pm
retrodisco666 says...

I'll take Cinderella!
'I have loved to the point of madness, which for me is the only true way to love'
~Francoise Sagan

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:33 pm
eldEr says...

Name: Davis Charming (You call him Dave and he'll smack you. Hard.)

Appearance: Brown hair that he tends to keep neat and dark brown, thoughtful eyes. He seems to adore the colour brown, and it's usually all he wears. Brown. When he sits, he seems very relaxed, and gets snapped at for slouching constantly. He walks straight though, with long strides and a dignified posture.
Spoiler! :

Personality: Davis is a very quiet boy for the most part. He's heavily into music of any sort and plays dozens of instunments. (Though his favourite is by far the lyre.) He tends to sing songs in foreign languages-- ones he doesn't understand. He just loves the way they sound, spoken or sang, but he never wants to learn them. He claims understanding them wouldn't be nearly as magical as spectulating. He's not much for fighting, though he practiced with a sword as a child. He's very rusty with one, but he doesn't assume he'll ever have need to fight. Shockingly, Davis isn't much of a romantic. Sure, he'll read romantic stories, sing love songs, recite romantic poetry-- but falling in love seems foreign to him. He hasn't completely crossed it out, but he does wonder if love will ever find him--or if he'll ever care.

Up for love?: He is, but it'll take a while for him to realize when he's actually in love.

What original fairytale? Rapunzel

Other: Davis has no white steed. Instead, he has a young, frisky grey dapple mare named Magpie. She adores Davis, but doesn't take kindly to others.
Spoiler! :
Last edited by eldEr on Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:36 pm
JabberHut says...

I call the other prince!

Name: Sefan Charming

Appearance: He has brown hair, but lighter than his brother's due to the amount of sunlight he gets. He's very clean and proper, looking his best while being his best. As the eldest son, he was trained harder than his brother in proper etiquette.

Spoiler! :

Personality: Stefan is what one would say calm, cool, and collected. He handles any situation as such, and rarely does he lose his temper. He's a fan of the outdoors, more specifically riding and swordplay/fencing. Though he isn't much into art, he's learned to appreciate the beautiful music his brother sings. Stefan also knows the keyboard, but that's about as far as his musical talented extends. He only plays it enough for when playing with Davis. Music and any such creative pleasure is the last thing Stefan is willing to endeavor. Regardless, Stefan is definitely the romantic brother to which women flock, being as charming and flirtatious as he is. As the eldest brother, Stefan is very well-trained in proper etiquette, hence why he always looks like royalty, you could say. He's usually the one who snaps at his brother for bad posture, but only because he loves Davis and wishes for him a wonderful life with a beautiful princess. (Of course, Stefan gets the first pick.)

Up for love?: Definitely. He'll flirt with any woman, so watch out. ;D

What original fairytale? Cinderella

Other: Stefan does have a noble steed, despite all the other horses in the stables. Meadow is the only horse he'll depend on when out on adventures or practicing the lance (though lancing is a rarity). Meadow is a very friendly horse, but only when Stefan or Davis are in sight. If he is approached without either brother, the horse gets defensive and unfriendly very quickly.

Spoiler! :
I make my own policies.

362 Reviews

Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:53 pm
wonderland says...

Name: Rhoswen Arabella (Rhos, Rhoswen)
Appearance (description and pic, if possible): her hair is long and blonde. (I mean super long. So long it curls around her feet when she stands, and makes her seem shorter then she really is.) Her skin is pale as if she's never seen the sun (Which she hasn't) Her yes are large and green, her face a clear complexion.
Personality: She's sweet and quiet and demure, never one to argue. Now, at sixteen, she wants to get out of the tower, and see the world a bit, something the witch, her 'mother' will probably never let happen
Up for love?: Yes
What original fairytale?: Rapunzel
Powers? (Only for Witches.): N/A
Other: She sings very, very well. Thats her only talent. Singing.
'We will never believe again, kick drum beating in my chest again, oh, we will never believe in anything again, preach electric to a microphone stand.'

*Formerly wickedwonder*

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:03 am
Mazzi says...

Name: Jack Prince

Appearance:
Jack Prince has short blonde messy hair, dark brown eyes and is also lightly tanned. He wears a long sleve white shirt and a brown vest-coat. He also wears darker brown trousers. He is about 5ft 6 at the moment and weighs 130lbs. He has a confident stride and stands straight and strong. His warm and inviting eyes are always there too comfort you at the best and worst of times.

Personality: Jack is a rich young man after stealing a hen that lays golden eggs. They grew rich as time passed but Jack was longing to climb that beanstalk again, he steals the silver and gold from the giant and again descended the beanstalk secretly, out of sight. Three years later, Jack again climbs the beanstalk and takes the giants magic harp (which can talk) it calls out for help and the giant pursues Jack. When Jack reaches the earth, (knowing the beanstalk so well he can climb and descend it very quickly.) he chops the beanstalk down and the giant falls to his death.

Jack is a determined hero, who will do anything to save someone he cares for. He dosen't care what people think of him and always welcomes people with a smile. He will put up a (debate) fight too prove his point though. Even though he dosen't like fighting. He will fight to save someone or to serve justice. He also loves a challenge and will always accept one, unless if it's a silly one like throw himself off a cliff. (He will accept anything that dosen't include killing himself.)

Up for love?: Yes

What original fairytale? Jack and the beanstalk

Powers? (I know it says only for witches but look at other:) He has a fairy guardian which can use magic.

Other: I read on wiki that he had a fairy guardian in the original story. The fairy was formerly the guardian of Jack's father but transgressed on the day of his death. Her powers were suspended by the fairies, and she was unable to protect him. Her powers were restored the day Jack accepted the beans and it was she who caused the beanstalk to grow.
Tell the people Mazzi is here! To defend the defenseless! Befriend the friendless! And to defeat...the defeatless!

P.S and to love Lemurs!

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:05 pm
SisterItaly says...

When do we start?
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:30 pm
JabberHut says...

Half the slots are still empty. Do we have to double up, or can we survive?
I make my own policies.

362 Reviews

Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:26 am
wonderland says...

We can double it up! I want a witch! Thats it! Go nuts!

*Formerly wickedwonder*

362 Reviews

Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:41 pm
wonderland says...

Name: Kayleigh Byrne
Appearance (description and pic, if possible): Her hair is long and black, her skin eerily pale. She stands at about five four, and her hair reachers her waist. She dresses like a stereotypical witch, with long black dresses, knee-high boots and the black pointy hat.
Spoiler! :
userWildAnimeWitch5.jpg
So, like this
userWildAnimeWitch5.jpg (25.71 KiB) Viewed 301 times

Personality: She is Cinderella's stepmother and a witch. She is cunning, smart, and knows how to mess with people. She often uses her looks to get what she wants, as she uses magic to keep herself beautiful. The one thing she hates, and is afraid of, is fire. If you threan her with fire, she'll do it, just because she's scared
Up for love?: Well, yes
What original fairytale? Cinderella
Powers? Yes, Legit magic, with wands and stuff.
Other:

*Formerly wickedwonder*

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:08 pm
Alz says...

Name: Queen Mae
Appearance: Straight black hair that falls about halfway down her back. She usually wears the front pulled back out of her face. She is tall and healthy, but not skinny. Mae walks with such excellent posture that she borders on stiffness. She doesn’t like elaborate jewellery, preferring a simple tiara when she goes out in public, with a small silver pendant given to her by her mother that never leaves her neck.
Personality: Short-tempered, can be sarcastic, but is a fierce friend. Expects near perfection from her two sons, but loves them dearly. Tries to ignore the problems of the kingdom and let her husband deal with it - she can‘t stand politics. Enjoys gardening, and spends a large amount of time in the palace gardens.
Up for love?: Already married.
What original fairytale?
Powers? N/A
Other:
The beautiful part of writing is that you don't have to get it right the first time, unlike, say, a brain surgeon. - Robert Cormier

Check out my blog at http://missalliesadventures.blogspot.com

362 Reviews

Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:26 am
wonderland says...

We've started!

*Formerly wickedwonder*

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:22 am
JabberHut says...

I'll take the King, I think. I didn't want to, but someone's gotta be my daddy. D:

There's brief mention of the queen in here, so if anyone takes on the queen, I'll edit in the details they use for her.

Name: Eric Charming (He prefers to be addressed as "King Eric" or he'll behead you. Or something.)

Appearance (description and pic, if possible): Brown hair, a muscular build, a stern face as seen by the new lines etched in his aging face. At one point, he was as charming as his two sons are now.
Spoiler! :

Personality: Over the years, King Eric has grown wise and stern. He didn't have the calmness he has now. His son's exuberant behavior much more reflects who Eric once was when he met his wife. The king still trains once in a while in case of any last minute war his kingdom's thrust into. He himself has trained his sons in the basics of swordplay.

When he met his wife, he was instantly captivated by her beauty. It was one of those romantic happily-ever-afters, and to this day, he's in love with his beautiful queen. He raised his two boys with pride and patience. Though in their beginning years, he forced their proper etiquette down their throats. To his disappointment, only one son has fully understood the necessity for proper manners. The other son... is a little too much like King Eric when he was a young prince. The king never told the boys about his past in hopes they'd turn out better than he had.

Now as king, Eric's patience has thinned even more. Now that his sons are older and think for themselves, it almost seems like life is even harder to maintain. As king, you're supposed to have complete control over everything. His boys seem to prove that theory wrong, and it's stressed him out over the years. His wife's stiffness doesn't help his irritable mood.

Up for love?: Uh, no. He's already taken.

What original fairytale? Uhhh. Fairytale. Yes. Cinderella? Rapunzel. I've no idea.

Powers? (Only for Witches.) N/A

Other:
I make my own policies.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:05 am
Snoink says...

I'm taking the Baker's Wife. Yup.

Name: Celicia
Appearance (description and pic, if possible):

On the left.

Personality: Sassy and very cynical.
Up for love?: For my husband. Anything else would cause God to be angry with me.
What original fairytale? Who knows!
Powers? (Only for Witches.) I CAN MAKE BREAD. WOO.
Other: I am having an ongoing battle with the monks about who can brew beer. They want to claim the spot, but my husband and I can totally make the best beer. So, FIGHT TO THE DEATH.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

If a story is in you, it has to come out.
— William Faulkner