z

Young Writers Society

The Wild Escape DT

319 Reviews

Reviews: 319
Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:13 am
Jashael says...

Link to SB: post792644.html#p792644

Again, I repeat this thread is only for profiles. ANY QUESTIONS MUST BE POSTED IN THE PAGE. But I suggest you follow it. =)

Before posting a profile, read these general information about some of the animals first.

PENGUINS were the main attraction in the Avileah Zoo.

Specific Penguins:

Galapagos Penguins are calm penguins. When they heard about what was taking place, they are the ones who try to bring peace of mind to the other penguins around. They are not nervous about the dilemma; they are penguins who live at the equator.

Emperor Penguins are the penguins who are most disturbed by the news. They live in the arctic and they cannot live within warm areas. They are the ones who are pushing the escape because mainly of their needs.

Magellanic Penguins are those who are opposed to the escape plan. They'd rather be sold than go back to Chile and die of the oil spills.

MEERKATS penguins' worst enemies. But since they, too, need to escape, they join forces with them for only this one time.

LEMURS are (sorry, Mazzi) brainless creatures. They are part of the escape, but beware, they might spill out secrets or ruin plans.

GOATS are neutral animals. They won't hurt or help.

TIGER fierce but friendly. They are the Penguins' pets.

DOGS are the zookeepers pals. They are enemies. They guard the zoo at night, and they will attract commotion once they sense open cages.

Code: Select all
[b]Name[/b]:

[b]Gender:[/b]

[b]Animal[/b]:

[b]Age[/b]:

[b]Years in the zoo[/b]:

[b]Personality[/b]:

[b]History:[/b]

[b]Flaws[/b]:

[b]Strengths[/b]:

[b]Abilities[/b]:

If your animal is not in the list, you should add this code to your profile.

Code: Select all
[b]Species[/b]:

[b]Side[/b] (against, supports or neutral to the escape plan):

When you've posted your profile, you can post at once at the SB.
Last edited by Jashael on Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:28 am, edited 4 times in total.
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen:
not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.”

—C.S. LEWIS

My SPOTIFY page
Facebook
Got a life?

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:07 am
Mazzi says...

Name: King Julien XIII

Animal: Ring-tailed lemur

Years in the zoo: 1

Personality: King Julien is a ring-tailed lemur. He has named himself king and lives a self-centered life. He is constantly looking to be the center of attention and doesn't mind sacrificing his friends to get out of trouble. He loves to dance, party, and listen to music. King Julien is usually selfish and demanding, and assumes his ideas are better then others. He often noisily and unintentionally annoys pretty much everyone. King Julien is the ultimate party animal who is always looking for fun. He has a totally opposite philosophy than the penguins and often goes head to head against them. He butts in on the penguins' missions or gets upto trouble himself, however, King Julien has helped them and saved their little penguin behinds a few times. Although King Julien likes to socialize with anyone he will always take the penguins side and because of this dosen't speak to the meerkats much.

History: King Julien ruled over a great colony of lemurs in Madagascar with charisma and certainly little ability to lead. His main skill lies in delegating; telling other people what they should do.
Only Mort and Maurice truly believe and respect King Julien as their king; everyone else just humoured him. Mort responds to everything, that King Julien tells him to do (as "I like...", followed by whatever King Julien said.)

A ship came aboard Madagascar one day, taking many animals, the lemurs fled away from these people. But King Julien in his big-headedness thought he could drive the humans away, he went right up to a human but got laughed at and got dragged into a wooden box. Maurice and Mort, still loyal at one of Madagascar's darkest days went after King Julien and got captured and to there relief, shared the same box as King Julien. King Julien thought he was going to die, making a big thing about how the lemurs betrayed him and how he would never protect them again. When the box opened again he was in a zoo, he had heard of these zoo's, you show off too the humans and you get a home and food. He met many animals but took the most interest in the penguins and straight away wanted to join in with there missions and be there leader. He made himself King of The Zoo, some obey him, most don't.

Flaws: Big headed, makes something sound worst than it is. Doesn't take orders, much, if not at all.

Strengths: King Julien has two loyal subjects at his command, Maurice, his right hand man and Mort and incredibly annoying mouse lemur. He also keeps his cool more than other lemurs and can control panic. Some animals also obey him in the zoo.

Abilities: He has Maurice and Mort at his side to do his bidding. He also is very athletic and can hang (with his tail) and hide in trees, he is also a very good at jumping from long distances.
Last edited by Mazzi on Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:52 am, edited 3 times in total.
Tell the people Mazzi is here! To defend the defenseless! Befriend the friendless! And to defeat...the defeatless!

P.S and to love Lemurs!

333 Reviews

Reviews: 333
Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:48 am
retrodisco666 says...

Name: Suzanne
Years in the zoo:6
Personality:She is a docile creature. She is content with whatever happens and doesn't like to cause a fuss. She is loving and wants everyone to be friends.
Flaws:She doesn't really have a clue what is going on. She just nodds and goes along with it. She is ver old and forgetful so calls everyone by the same name;charlie.
Strengths: She has very hard horns and can often barge her way out of a situation. Everyone comes to her to talk as she is like the agony aunt of the zoo.
Abilities:Is loved by young and old so no-one believes she can do bad, making her an excellent decoy.

*She's a goat*
'I have loved to the point of madness, which for me is the only true way to love'
~Francoise Sagan

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:17 pm
fictionfanatic says...

May I have two? A tiger and a dog?

Tiger-

Name: Jzay

Years in the zoo: 3

Personality: Jzay is very obedient, or at least to her owner (a penguin). She loves to just run around and be free. Another
thing she lives to do is fight. She is rather smart and usually has something to say about everything. She's fierce, but very friendly.

Flaws: She is obedient, and she has a slight limp in her front right leg, from when she was captured in the wild.

Strengths: She is obedient, she's an amazing fighter, and she's rather smart.

Abilities: She can switch between friendly and fierce, she's really swift and strong, she's an amazing fighter, and she's pretty smart.

Dog-

Name: Spike

Years in the zoo: Five years

Personality: Spike is always focused, he will always follow his master's orders, he's rather aggressive, and he doesn't show any mercy. He's very smart and is also good at tricking the other animals.

Flaws: Loves to play with balls

Strengths: He's very smart, focused, and obedient. He's not afraid to fight anything, and he's rather good at it. He shows no mercy. He's good at tricking the other animals (and sometimes humans, but that's harder.)

Abilities: Isn't this the same thing as strengths?
Live, Love, Laugh

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:22 pm
Sunshine says...

Species: Parrot
Side (against, supports or neutral to the escape plan): neutral
Name: Trixie
Years in the zoo:8
Personality: Trixie is very annoying and repeats everything someone says. She misses annoying the humans, it's her hobby. She can be caring and kind if she thinks it through, which she probaly won't. She would be with the the escape plan, but she was born in the zoo and is scared to leave.
Flaws: She's overly talkitive and has to know everything that's going on. She's really annoying.
Strengths: She knows pretty much everything that's going on and runs the humans away with her annoyingness.
Abilities: Annoying people, flight (Which will help), and using her beak as a tool.
History: Trixie was born in the zoo and never saw the outside world. Ok, she escaped once but a little girl made her a pet and dressed her in tutu's. She barely escaped when the girl opened her window. She's never loked back on getting out. Her mother was also born in captivity, but her dad was once a wild parrot who always told her stories.She misses annoying the humans, a skill she used every day of her life. She was very skilled at that.

b]Name[/b]: Waddles

Animal: Empereror Penguin

Years in the zoo:2

Personality: Waddles is an adorable innocent. He's rather naive and obseesed with seeing the artic. He's not very bright and shy of humans. (You'll see when I post.)

History: Waddles was born in the artic but was adopted by the failing zoo when his parents were both taken by a trophy hunter. He's lived in the zoo ever since.

Flaws: Shy of humans, rather naive and dumb.

Strengths: He is adorable and a master of disguise.

Abilities: Disguisise, cuteness, longing to go to Antartica.

Other:He thinks Gail is a military leader.
Last edited by Sunshine on Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

Hi, I'm Sunshine! It's lovely to meet you!

463 Reviews

Reviews: 463
Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:47 pm
megsug says...

Name: Zoli
Years in the zoo: 3
Personality: Zoli is a grey hound who was on the race tracks. She has taken to one of the zoo keepers, but she isn't sure if they are doing the right thing. She could be swayed to take the side of the penguins, if they dared approach her.
History: Compared to other grey hounds she wasn't very good at racing, so she was saved by an adoption agency before being killed by her first owner. Her first owner beat her so she is cautious of people. Because of this, she has been rejected by many families over the years.
Flaws: Skittish around strange humans, shy around most animals, sees the tigers as a danger
Strengths: smart, weighs each consequence before acting, slow to anger
Abilities: She can run really fast.
Last edited by megsug on Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Test

319 Reviews

Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:54 am
Jashael says...

Name: Gail

Animal: Galapagos Penguin

Years in the zoo: 5

Personality: She's the leader of the Galapagos Group. She's very, very bossy and would force what she thinks is right. She's also longing for a successful escape; she longs to see the Galapagos islands again (though she herself is not sure how they will get back there).She's very much calm under pressure, but has a temper around those animals who can't handle pressure.

History: She was captured when she was just a juvenile. She was brought to a zoo in Australia before setting in the Philippines. Losing her parents in a young age made her independent and bossy around other animals, mainly penguins.

Flaws: Super bossy. she wasts her own way.

Strengths: She's a good leader.

Abilities: Being a flightless bird, she strived to fly. Okay, she can fly for about three minutes above five feet.

Spoiler! :
Last edited by Jashael on Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

—C.S. LEWIS

My SPOTIFY page
Facebook
Got a life?

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:05 pm
eldEr says...

~~~You know me, I'm going to be a goat. ;D I might take up a different animal, later too. One that's not on the list if that's alright?

Name: Bobo

Animal: Got

Age: 22 (goat years. I'm not so sure what the equivilent to that would be in people years.)

Years in the zoo: 1- 1/2

Personality: Bobo is a friendly creature. He's a social-butterfly and takes his time to talk to everybody, penguin, meercat or otherwise. He's good-natured and hates to fight, let alone watch others do it. He's afraid of being sold-- but as he keeps saying, "If worst comes to worst I'll go out with my head held high." (Now, if they actually find a way out, he'll come, too. He just doesn't want anybody on his bad side.) Bobo is far from timid, and some might even see him as brave. He is, however, scared to death of being left alone in the dark, one of the other goats in his pen (A mean billy-goat named Bulky) and not having enough to eat. Which brings us to his horrible eating habbits. Like most goats, Bobo will eat just about anything. It's especially bad if he's nervous or stressed out. He thrives off of friends, and doesn't want to see anybody go anywhere. He's torn between trying to find a way to keep everybody together and just leaving well enough alone.

History:: Bobo was born to a farmer and was supposed to be sent to the slaughter house. That is, until he started showing decent talent. He stood up quicker than most goats, and without being told to, he tended to stumble around on two legs for a couple of steps.

Bobo knew what he was doing, even if the farmers assumed he was a dumb animal. His mother, Polly, saw her little baby Bobo and decided he was worth something. And so she trained him at night in secret, claiming that Bobo's deceased father used to be a circus goat. (Which he was, mind you. The star of the animals after the elephant and lion.)

Noticing his talent, the zoo put out an offer for him. Both because he might be able to attract more visitors and because the manager took a strange liking to him. He's trained hard and has mastered quite a few tricks, which he would perform on an almost-daily basis... until the people stopped arriving. Now he performs whenever a few walk customers into the zoo at all.

Flaws: As was said before, Bobo has horrible eating habbits-probably worse than most goats. He stress-eats excessively, and has had many a poison-scare in the past. You'd think he'd learn... but he doesn't. Which brings us to the fact that Bobo doesn't usually learn from his mistakes. He keeps repeating them over and over again (with the exception of his tricks) until somebody threatens to snap his neck in half. He's deathly afraid of lonely, dark spaces and being deserted. He lets Bulky push him around, and never does anything about it. He's also naive, and since he hates disappointing, he never says no when somebody asks him to do something-- no matter how ridiculous it is. (Which means he might end up helping one of the two sides or both without even relizing it.)

Strengths: Bobo is excellent with his tricks. He can hand stand, walk on his two back feet, twirl, do different balancing acts, and what could be called goat-acrobatics. He's an excellent climber and very fast for his size. He is easy to befriend, and his sweet nature gets a lot of humans to sympathize with him. Or... the zookeepers anyways.

Abilities: Goat acrobatics, of course. Standing and walking on his hind-legs, doing handstands on his front legs, twirling on either pair. Dozens of little tricks he's learned over the years. He can scale steep slopes with ease and jump high obstacles.

Spoiler! :
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:19 am
MilkNCookies says...

Species: Lipizzaner Horse

Side: Four

Name: Gypsy

Animal: Horse (Lipizzaner)

Age5 years (35 horse years)

Years in the zoo: 5

Personality: Being old didn't slow her down! She LOVES to play. She plays now, later, earlier, after, tomorrow, and time she can. It doesn't matter if you are busy or not! She's very eccentric. She's like a puppy, only five times the size. She's bubbly, and loves all animals; she doesn't seem to notice or care about the predator-prey differential. She's almost been eaten several times for being too energetic.

History: She was bred, not for a cage animal, but for a show. She's trained fully by the horse masters. She's a very fast learner. Her trainer was very harsh to her. She's been in many shows and is a main star.

Flaws: Her club-foot; Doesn't know when to stop playing; Doesn't know when to stop talking; Very annoying; Not the sharpest nail in the box.

Strengths: Strong and dependable. Fast.

Abilities: A Fast runner and lovable to humans. she can jump high and can swim well.

Picture:
Spoiler! :
Last edited by MilkNCookies on Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Fantasy is a way of looking through the wrong end of the telescope."

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:24 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Oh, forgot to mention, Jzay is a white tiger
Spoiler! :

And Spike is a Nova Scotia Duck Tollers
Spoiler! :
Live, Love, Laugh

319 Reviews

Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:00 am
Jashael says...

The SB has officially started. Please note that I am the only one who can change the day. :) Thanks!
Last edited by Jashael on Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

—C.S. LEWIS

My SPOTIFY page
Facebook
Got a life?

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:27 am
HomelessPorcupine says...

Name: Jengo

Animal: Meerkat

Age: 5 (Don't know how that would translate, maybe early-mid twenties?)

Years in the zoo: 2

Personality: Jengo is a very social animal, as most meerkats are. He doesn't get along too well with dogs or penguins for various reasons, though he will tolerate them as long as they don't do something to provoke him.

Jengo enjoys being the center of attention and will do silly, sometimes ridiculous things in order to attract said attention and make people laugh. Often times this will involve him doing things on a dare, such as: Chugging mustard, pulling the hair off of an elephant or jumping on the heads of multiple penguins in a row.

When it comes to emotions Jengo is pretty open about how he feels, often to the point of bluntness. He lacks tact in certain situations and when these situations arise, he will likely do one of two things: Remain sensibly quiet or open his mouth and make a fool of himself. When he figures out, or is told, that he has offended someone because of his lack of tact, he will often show remorse. Only if he thinks he was at fault though.

This brings us to another thing. Jengo is stubborn. Yes, he is very loving and caring of others, but when he thinks he is right then he can has the chance to become sort of mean. This often comes from the pride he has in his intelligence, which isn't really as great as he believes.

History: Jengo lived in South Africa before he was found locked up in a port-o-potty and was then rescued and taken to the zoo. A few Dutch kids thought that it would be funny to lure him into the port-o-potty with peanuts, only to lock him in there and then run away laughing. This is pretty common knowledge around the zoo, as there are a few of his meerkat friends who have very large mouths.

Flaws: He's pretty stubborn when he thinks he's right, and can become pretty nasty in a heated argument. Also, he is very prideful in his intellectual capabilities as well as the color of his fur. That's right. Instead of the regular dirt brown, he thinks his fur is more chocolate brown. No one else notices this but him, but he doesn't care.

Also, he is missing a toe in his left hind leg. He lost it when the kids slammed the port-o-potty on him. Due to the port-o-potty incident, Jengo is also very uncomfortable in any cramped space that is not a tunnel. Tunnels he is okay with, probably due to instinct and such, but put him in an air vent and he'll probably have some sort of breakdown.

Strengths: Jengo's stubbornness proves awesome at times, because he actually is right occasionally. Along with that, he is a very social and loving person and will give everybody the benefit of the doubt when the occasion arises. That is unless you make fun of his fur or intelligence. No telling what he'll do then.

He is pretty fast and has nimble fingers.

Abilities: He is pretty good at leaping from things to things. Whether it be penguin heads or tree branches, this meerkat loves to jump. He doesn't like to go up very high though, he isn't suited to be in the tops of the trees

When he was rescued and arrived at the zoo, he vowed that he would never get locked up in something again. So, a wise baboon taught him the art of picking locks. No idea how picking locks would get him out of a port-o-potty, because they have weird and different locks, but it makes him feel better.
"I can't afford a teddy bear, so I sleep with this contact solution."

Taran: He will not succeed in this. Somehow, we must find a way to escape. We dare not lose hope.

Fflewddur: I agree absolutely, your general idea is excellent; it's only the details that are lacking.

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.
— Winston Churchill