z

Young Writers Society

The First Amovta-An Aquarian StoryBook *DT*

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:00 am
eldEr says...

Alright here my wonderful people.
ALL of the pictures, extra information and Aquarian history (that's necessary) is going here.

I suggest you check back often, because you never know who might add what. (I might add more important info, too.)

And PLEASE keep all complaint messages, bring me in, I'm lost, ect message HERE. Do NOT post those in the SB, as it majorly disrupts the flow of things.

((((I apologize for my lack of artistic skills))))

The lands you're traveling:

Rummosin Desert
Spoiler! :
The Rummosin Desert is one of the most barren places in Aquariazzi. There is almost no vegetation, save for at one of the two oasis. It's made from hills upon hills of red sand that could be considered beautiful. That is, is you can keep clear of the quick-sand. It almost never rains here, nor does it snow. Or anything really. It's very, very windy most of the time and sand-storms are a frequent.

There are only three species of animal that live here, one being the small Grosha Lizard that lives inside the bark of the trees near the oasis. The second is a large burrowing rodent known as the Barrl. It literally lives off of the minerals and moisture in the sand under-ground, occasionally emerging in the desert to sunbathe. If they awake and see anything walking in the desert, they will attack, and they will win. The extra food is much needed. The third creature is a simple desert fly that can go months without food of any sort. They gorge themselves at the oasis once every five months, or they migrate into the rest of Aquariazzi and ransack the farms.

The camp is just north of one of the oasis. (To avoid the lizards, which are highly venomous.)
The Desert
Rummosin Desert.jpg
Rummosin Desert.jpg (123.07 KiB) Viewed 167 times

Grosha Lizard

Desert Fly

Barrl
Barrl.jpg
Barrl.jpg (73.21 KiB) Viewed 167 times

Purale Forest:
Spoiler! :
The Purale forest is an incredible place. Nearly all the vegetation is either purple or a deep shade of blue, as are most of the creatures. There are a bit of everything here, and everything is peaceful. There are small purple and blue lizards, tiny purple beetles, gorgeous purple and gold birds and of course, a special sub-species of Indigo Tyroph live here.

The forest floor is covered in marsh-like waters, and it's often hard to find a dry path to get through. All past bridges that have been built were destroyed by the only non-peaceful creature in the forest—the giant Shrapnela Butterfly.

The beasts can grow up to six feet tall and four and a half feet wide. They are stunning creatures and very delicate looking at first glance, but their wings are thick and laced with oil-glands that are used to turn their victim's bodies into a jello-y substance that they can suck up.

The Forest
Purale Forest.jpg
Purale Forest.jpg (158.71 KiB) Viewed 167 times

The Shrapnela Butterfly

Sjöid Lake

Spoiler! :
The lake is joined in the west by the Korsh River. The water seems to shift from purples to blues depending on the weather and the way the sun hits it. It's a rather large lake, and is roughly in the shape of a five-pointed star. The beach is long and the sand is very soft, though you probably won't find many lounging around on it.

This is because this beach is thought by some to be a place where Idoneus himself walked and rested for three days. It is therefore somewhat sacred, and those walking along it must be respectful. No blood is to be spilled on the sand, nor are any disputes to be fought there.

Inside of the lake, however, is a thriving city. The Kotata people live beneath the water's surface. They are peaceful and hate war, though they respect the Aquarian warriors. They are excellent craftspeople, carving out of a special stone that's found only in this lake.

The Lake
Sjoaid lake.jpg
Sjoaid lake.jpg (56.92 KiB) Viewed 167 times

The Kotata
Kotata.jpg
Their faces and heads are the only part of them not covered in scales.
Instead, their heads are covered in a teal/pale green/pale blue skin.
Their hair can come in many, many different colours.
Kotata.jpg (113.1 KiB) Viewed 167 times

Arenius Sand Dunes

Spoiler! :
The sand dunes look both peaceful and beautiful. The sand is soft, the breeze is light, the air is sweet-smelling... Looking up will bring you a whole other perception on the land. Huge, dark clouds block out the sky, becoming more sparse the farther out you look. Nobody knows why they seem to hover over the dunes in such a way, but who's to question it?

Rainstorms are frequent here, and very, very dangerous. When wet, the soft sand transforms into quick-sand. Hills that are up to a half a mile high, sand down to the very bottom. If you're lost here in a storm, you're lost forever. And chances are that if you're here during a storm, you'll be lost.

The only plants that grow here are Narzean Palms, which have trunks that can grow up to a mile high. Their leaves stick out of top of the sand, absorbing what little sunlight they can. The trees are tough, and the leaves are an excellent source of both food and water. The bark of the trees carries a poison, though when mixed with certain herbs and used wisely, can be a powerful pain-killer.

There are many lizards that live here, as well as beetles that bury in the sand and the beautiful Shrale Bird, which burrows in the sand and uses its thick saliva mixed with chewed bits from the Narzean Palm leaves to create a very thick wall around its tunnel.

The only predator that lives here is one of the most deadly in all of Aquariazzi. They are huge lizards, up to two and a half metres in length. They have two sharp fangs, dripping with lethal venom. They can live underground for days at a time, not emerging until they can no longer gather what little oxygen is underground through their skin. That is also when they feed. Usually they stick to the insects, lizards and birds, but there are the stray creatures that should wander into the dunes. A nice break for such a large creature. (They only come out at night.)

Kostarius Lizard:
They are very similar to Komodo Dragons, though twice as large and they have a giant red or blue spot on their back. Red spots indicate a male and blue spots indicate a female.

Shrale Bird:
*Coming Soon*

Coromen Forest

Spoiler! :
Aquariazzi's largest forest. It stretches over nearly all of the south-east, all the way to the edge of the palace walls. The trees are very old and very, very large. The variety of creatures and plants that live here are too numerous to account for. Predators and peaceful creatures alike. Insects to the giant Tyroph and back again, the life in this forest is teaming.

There are many villages here, and it's where the dwarfs have chosen to live. The people who live here dwell in the tree-tops and are fierce warriors and hunters. A tribe known as Inocki. They are loyal to the bone and get along very well with the dwarfs. Their cities are in the branches of the strongest trees and they rarely come to the ground, unless fighting or travelling.

It's very easy to get lost in this forest, so be warned. If you should get lost, the best way to be found is to seek out help from a dwarf or Inocki, as both know the forest very, very well.

Inocki Village

Dwarf Village

Mirage Hills

Spoiler! :
To say these hills are bizarre would be an understatement. Their surfaces are smooth and very shiny, very much like ice. They can be slippery, and it's very hard for horses to walk across. Or animals of any kind really. There is no vegetation or animals of any sort, though the hills are a dangerous place.

Nothing is ever as it seems. You'll see and hear strange things, feel weird things brushing against your skin, and on occasion, your emotions will be affected. No matter who you are or how strong your mind is, your logic will always be clouded. Thinking straight is nearly impossible, and the illusions you see are hard not to believe.

Be very, very careful here. It's a place of both blessing and curse, as some things are truth. It's just hard to determine which is pure and which is deception.

The Hills
Miage Hills.jpg
Miage Hills.jpg (180.95 KiB) Viewed 167 times

Crystal Berry
Spoiler! :
Crystal Berry.jpg
Crystal Berry.jpg (103.66 KiB) Viewed 167 times

Bragone (Ba -gone- ee)
Spoiler! :
Bragone.jpg
Bragone.jpg (99.72 KiB) Viewed 167 times

First Born Tyroph, Faethz
Spoiler! :
Faethz.jpg
Faethz.jpg (137.74 KiB) Viewed 167 times
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

Random avatar

Reviews: 24
Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:20 am
phantom of the potter says...

Okay - I'm a little confused about how we should write our starting post. At what point are we starting from the description?
"The grasshopper!... Mind the grasshopper!... A grasshopper not only turns, it hops!... It hops!... And it hops jolly high!" ~Erik, The Phantom of the Opera

384 Reviews

Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:31 am
eldEr says...

From where we did the first time. We're starting during the first attack, in the desert. Right now the focus will be getting out alive. Of course, we have no horses. So grab as much water/food as you can and RUN. Just don't get seperated from the rest of the army. ;)
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:37 pm
TheGreatIthy says...

Okay, so I JUST found this and realized that I may need to get my bearings back with this SB. Don't mind me while I take a little bit of time to do so. My bad. :S
Bees: They sting because they love!!

Will review for food!

384 Reviews

Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:47 pm
eldEr says...

Haha xD That's okay Ithy. Happens to the best of us.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

384 Reviews

Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:05 pm
eldEr says...

Alright here people, it's time to revive this. :P
Get posting!! =D *cracks whip*
(If you need help, PM me and I'll be glad to give you suggestions.)
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

Irresponsibly-conceived assignments don't deserve responsibly-executed complies.
— Persistence